Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 7, 2012 3:28 PM
Oct 2011
So... Not sure if bad translate. but was there was a yaoi moment. Kinda threw me off.... I kinda want to take it as if they were joking. Any clarifications here?
Jul 7, 2012 3:30 PM

Mar 2011
Yeah, this is gonna be fantastic
The characters, soundtrack, ED (OP , ED not yet), animation, emotions are all really great
If they play it right, this is gonna be the best anime of summer and one of my favorites
I really like Kirito, he's the type of protagonist that you can symphatize
Want to see Asuna
Hope it's next week already ;)
Firixizu_MintJul 7, 2012 4:50 PM
Jul 7, 2012 3:31 PM

Dec 2010
nol621 said:
So... Not sure if bad translate. but was there was a yaoi moment. Kinda threw me off.... I kinda want to take it as if they were joking. Any clarifications here?
They're just being bro and joking about their looks. Kirito is supposed to be girlish looking and Cline/Klein is scruffy.
Jul 7, 2012 3:33 PM
Jun 2012
nol621 said:

*Kirito turns away from Klein and starts to walk away*
"Kirito... You were actually pretty cute." says Klein.
*Kirito turns back towards Klein with an innocent surprised look*
"That's my type" says Klein.
"And the unkempt face of yours suits you ten times better." says Kirito, as he turns away from Klein again and runs away happily.

WHAT THE FUCK?!
Jul 7, 2012 3:46 PM

Nov 2011
Okay this series started off a lot better than I'd expected.
I feel like it has a lot of potential and it was interesting to watch.

If they're going to have to beat all 100 floors though, I'm curious as to how long this series will end up being. Has it been announced anywhere?
魔法少女グレイシー
Jul 7, 2012 3:49 PM

Oct 2010
KawaiiBitch said:
Okay this series started off a lot better than I'd expected.
I feel like it has a lot of potential and it was interesting to watch.

If they're going to have to beat all 100 floors though, I'm curious as to how long this series will end up being. Has it been announced anywhere?
Rumors are panning out into a 24 episodes series however I demand a 2 cour so 48 episodes would be nice.

Anyone vibes of:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/3230/Druaga_no_Tou:_The_Aegis_of_Uruk
http://myanimelist.net/anime/5507/Senjou_no_Valkyria:_Gallian_Chronicles
these 2 series or some of their elements?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 7, 2012 3:51 PM
Oct 2011
Dudemansir said:
nol621 said:

"And the unkempt face of yours suits you ten times better." says Kirito, as he turns away from Klein again and runs away happily.

WHAT THE FUCK?!
Don't forget the tear he shed.. does anyone have some kind of an explanation for it ?
Jul 7, 2012 4:00 PM
Feb 2012
What clarifications? It's a nice bro moment.

Dudemansir said:
nol621 said:

WHAT THE FUCK?!

That's actually very good.
brb, adding more to it and writing fanfic.
Jul 7, 2012 4:02 PM

Jul 2011
pretty interesting start.
Jul 7, 2012 4:13 PM

Jun 2007
Took about 9 minutes to get all super-ominous? That's some pretty solid pacing.

Also, it was pretty funny how the girl was a dude. Truth in television there.
Shameless Blog Plugging: animetics.net
Jul 7, 2012 4:13 PM

Apr 2009
Promising. What I want to know, is how do they stay alive in RL at the same time if they can't eat, sleep, use the bathroom, etc. They just crap themselves and die of starvation?

I did get quite into this though, I had no idea what it would be like and the idea really makes me think. Definitely watching through to the end.
Jul 7, 2012 4:18 PM
Dec 2011
This episode was great and if it keeps it up, it'll easily be one of the best series this season. I was a bit wary of the art design before but they really did a good job with this show. Now to wait for the next episode :(

Persocom said:
Promising. What I want to know, is how do they stay alive in RL at the same time if they can't eat, sleep, use the bathroom, etc. They just crap themselves and die of starvation?

Jul 7, 2012 4:25 PM

Jan 2012
Got a soft spot for MMOs so of course I really enjoyed this. Great animation/art aswell, really hope it maintains this quality! Looking forward to see where this goes. 5/5

Man, this season has been great thus far!
Jul 7, 2012 4:26 PM

Apr 2009
Thanks for that explanation supermuddy ^^ Good to see it wasn't left out completely.
Jul 7, 2012 4:29 PM

Jul 2011
Persocom said:

I did get quite into this though, I had no idea what it would be like and the idea really makes me think. Definitely watching through to the end.

Jul 7, 2012 4:31 PM

Oct 2010
kamikaze_1996 said:
Persocom said:

In the LN at the beginning kayaba also mentions how everyone is being put into hospitals where they are being treated (fed by tube), i wont say anymore, but in the LN kayaba DOES say that i dont know why they didn't mention it in the anime but i suppose they didn't wanna drag out the speech or something
They can still input it later or as a flashback thingy.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 7, 2012 4:32 PM

Mar 2012
Definitely the best for this season.. LoL at the guy that lied for his gender.. I guess nowadays it's not surprising anymore to see some guys would lie and act/play as a girl in a MMORPG lol..
Keep moving forward
Jul 7, 2012 4:36 PM

May 2009
I liked this much more then first episode of Accel.
Jul 7, 2012 4:38 PM

May 2011
Nice introduction there!

Can't wait for the main part.
Jul 7, 2012 4:50 PM

Jul 2011
Candor said:
Dudemansir said:
nol621 said:

WHAT THE FUCK?!
Don't forget the tear he shed.. does anyone have some kind of an explanation for it ?

their just taking the piss out of each others real looks like buddies, like notsureifsrs said kirito is girly looking while klein looks old, in the LN it describes it this way although it may not come across the same way in the anime

its a pretty emotional moment for kirito and klein, they knew each other for only a little while but they became friends easily, if you want slightly more detail open spoiler

all in all it was a very emotional moment, even if you cant understand it yet
Jul 7, 2012 4:52 PM

Nov 2010
Man, the plot sure is crazy... Magnificent yet too realistic against the gamers :( Kinda reminded me of Battle Royale though. Nice plot anyways, will keep watching definitely expecting some more of those mindfucks 2,000 deads while first floor yet to be cleared in 1 month?? LOL

Edit: Please stop spoiling the plot you jerks...
Jul 7, 2012 4:53 PM
Oct 2011
Watched it at 10 in the morning.
LOVED IT ABSOLUTELY!
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/darkdoll25&sclick=1">
Jul 7, 2012 4:55 PM
Dec 2009
Now thats hardcore.
10/10
Jul 7, 2012 5:02 PM

Oct 2011
Finally, SAO has aired!!! Great art, I like the how the character design, menu, HP bar and sword skills look like,... even the Starting city. I hope the anime lives up to its reputation as a legendary light novel. ^^
Signature
Jul 7, 2012 5:05 PM
Oct 2011
kamikaze_1996 said:
Candor said:
Dudemansir said:
nol621 said:

WHAT THE FUCK?!

their just taking the piss out of each others real looks like buddies, like notsureifsrs said kirito is girly looking while klein looks old, in the LN it describes it this way although it may not come across the same way in the anime

its a pretty emotional moment for kirito and klein, they knew each other for only a little while but they became friends easily, if you want slightly more detail open spoiler

all in all it was a very emotional moment, even if you cant understand it yet
I thought that much, I understand that emotions are better described in novels as in anime/movies, but I was just a bit curious, it was a great episode overall anyway, thanks that was helpful.
Jul 7, 2012 5:09 PM

Sep 2009
This was awesome. I always liked this kind of premise and after reading the synopsis for this show I knew I had to watch it. Looks like I'm going to enjoy this season.
Jul 7, 2012 5:18 PM
Jul 2018
Persocom said:

They're sent to hospital. The situation is pretty much the same as if they were in a coma.
source: light novel vol2

But wtf 8.73 already !?
Jul 7, 2012 5:18 PM

Jul 2011
xfire011 said:
Finally, SAO has aired!!! Great art, I like the how the character design, menu, HP bar and sword skills look like,... even the Starting city. I hope the anime lives up to its reputation as a legendary light novel. ^^

i know right!!!
Jul 7, 2012 5:19 PM
Apr 2010
Pretty good pilot episode. The dark atmosphere, especially the ending after the credits, made it worthwhile for me to watch.

Though I'm not quite sure if it deserves the 8.73 its getting right now. I am either jaded from watching TONS of anime since 2009, or you guys are just easily pleased.

Edit: Or maybe its because I read the first four volumes of the LN and therefore know whats going to happen is whats affecting me...
Jul 7, 2012 5:20 PM

Mar 2012
Fucking awesome, not to mention it isnt kiddy, 2000 died?
Cant wait for next week
End Zionazism
Jul 7, 2012 5:21 PM

Oct 2007
Not bad at all.

Now I am waiting to see if it will live up to its hyped for being a serious show with my own eyes. This better not be a cliché or an incomplete show *I'm looking at you Hack*

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jul 7, 2012 5:24 PM
Aug 2010
lol this seems pretty entertaining. Will watch more.
Jul 7, 2012 5:27 PM

Dec 2011
As long as SAO keeps in line with the LN's, this will definitely be a fantastic series. Fingers crossed.
Jul 7, 2012 5:27 PM

Jul 2011
edwd2 said:
Persocom said:

They're sent to hospital. The situation is pretty much the same as if they were in a coma.
source: light novel vol2

But wtf 8.73 already !?

i know right!! XD i expected it to be in the 100-300 zone but not this high lol, and the funniest thing is that its only the prologue :D i can imagine the ratings increasing when it gets to the main story

also whats up with all the reviews!? theres like 10 of them with the ratings 10/9 the most popular while there is even a rating of 1 by Corellon lol no one currently finds it helpful except him XD i am not gonna get in to detail of something that happens way ahead in the novels but you can use your imagination as to why kayaba hasn't been caught
Jul 7, 2012 5:40 PM
Jul 7, 2012 5:44 PM

Jun 2010
It's okay, but 8.73 already is too much.
Jul 7, 2012 5:52 PM

Mar 2011
Wow, already 8.73. Guess, people are satisfied and amazed by the 1st episode
But, if this kind of quality continue I don't see anything wrong with the 8.73 score or maybe it could past 9
Jul 7, 2012 5:56 PM

May 2012
Superb 1st episode! Wow. It was really amazing. Will definitely follow this anime.

And I hate to admit but i prefer the avatar of the MC compared to the real one.. Haha. Anyway, the story is sooo good. Can't wait for the next episode :)

Jul 7, 2012 6:07 PM

Apr 2010
nice, im looking forward to watching more episodes! this might even be my favoruite ongoing anime but need to watch more to decide :)

anyways i must say it will be hard to maintain thousands (maybe million?) of people while they are in the game... hope the anime mentions this :P

i mean everyone is in the game and cant move, what will they do with food and stuff ya know? hehe
Jul 7, 2012 6:09 PM

Apr 2011
Oh Shit That Was Gooood ! I Can See This Getting 1st In The Rankings !
Jul 7, 2012 6:16 PM
Jul 2018
Amazing, after enduring with (almost) all of .hack sign, this is getting me pumped.

BTW was that Danny Cho's Mirai something girl in there?
removed-userJul 7, 2012 6:39 PM
Jul 7, 2012 6:16 PM

Feb 2012
I really liked this first episode. It wasn't mind blowing, but it's a great intro to the series. I'm SO glad there wasn't some unnecessary fanservice like the first few awkward episodes of Accel World. That's what turned me off of that one aside from its characters.
This series' look solid though.

Can't wait for next week.
Jul 7, 2012 6:22 PM

Sep 2007
I hope they show the actual progress of the characters gaining new weapons and armor and such, instead of just having them stick to one set of gear the whole show. It would make it that much more awesome.
Jul 7, 2012 6:25 PM

Feb 2012
Waaa!! Can't wait to watch it! Dang torrent+net speed! I could've watched it online but I'd prefer watching it at 720p so I got to be patient -_-

Looks promising according to the feedbacks here~
Jul 7, 2012 6:28 PM

Jul 2011
Wildsleven said:
nice, im looking forward to watching more episodes! this might even be my favoruite ongoing anime but need to watch more to decide :)

anyways i must say it will be hard to maintain thousands (maybe million?) of people while they are in the game... hope the anime mentions this :P

i mean everyone is in the game and cant move, what will they do with food and stuff ya know? hehe

its 10,000 copies that were sold all in total, so that means there is >10,000 people in aincrad, also at the end of the episode you saw how many deaths there were and they haven't even cleared the first level....dam i would so enjoy this anime much more if i didn't read the novels and didn't know what happened, i envy you guys who dont know anything and will get to enjoy the surprises this anime has to offer
Jul 7, 2012 6:31 PM
Jul 2012
FlavoryFantasy said:
A strong 1st episode, as another novel reader, heavily pleased by this! Loving the art/animation (even though it made me question it at first...) Atomsphere + BGM was spot on!
Almost missed this cameo too

decent op too~

They show the blacksmith and dragon pet user as well. The transform-into-the-real scene did not let down (anyone notice the 'couple' that they showed 3-4 times before the transformation?).
Jul 7, 2012 6:32 PM

May 2012
This was a pretty good first ep. Everything is looking good so far - premise, art, setting, and presentation. I like how they show the interface of the game and the view of all the people gathered in the city to show how big it is and how many people are being affected. I'm interested to see how it goes in the game as well as outside with the crazy game maker - How the hell did he pull this off? By himself? What's the company doing and where is the guy, is he in the game with the nerve gear on?

All this makes for a good introduction imo and I can't wait for more.
Jul 7, 2012 6:40 PM

Jul 2010
Startronica said:

I hope not, 72# rank on MAL is definitely enough for first episode...
Jul 7, 2012 6:50 PM

Jul 2011
iLostReason said:
Startronica said:

I hope not, 72# rank on MAL is definitely enough for first episode...

^ i think he means the anime as a whole, if it becomes as good as the Light novels which is currently 10th place, it is possible it can make it to the top 20 or 10
Jul 7, 2012 6:52 PM

Dec 2010
iExto said:
As long as SAO keeps in line with the LN's, this will definitely be a fantastic series. Fingers crossed.

This, but that said the first episode did a great job, the novels are absolutely amazing, and the anime has done a good job so far, can't wait for episode 2!!
Pages (19) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What even is SAO anymore?

Hango-Man - Apr 27

39 by Hango-Man »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

734 by amf85 »»
Apr 26, 7:25 PM

» Dropping while it's still good ( 1 2 )

SIimyBread - Apr 15

64 by SIimyBread »»
Apr 26, 4:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.