Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 5, 2008 2:58 PM

Aug 2007
I didn't like it. The animation before the OP was almost enough for me to just turn it off, wtf was that? The animation in general wasn't good, but that was really too much. It feels like they put all the money on voice actors instead of anything else.
Somewhat interesting story, still kind of... meh... normal. I want to just drop this show but as I have never dropped a show, I will have to stick with this. Hope it gets better

Yes you may have guessed right, I don't give a damn about the voice actors... Great voice actors don't make a serie great.
Oct 5, 2008 3:01 PM
Apr 2008
Not much I can say, everything is just OK, but the animation was exceptionally nice. The overdone plot element ("Girl shows up out of nowhere and stays in dude's house", it's been done like what? More than I can count) and seemingly generic characters probably won't win me over in this one.

The pink 360 made me lol. :D
Oct 5, 2008 3:11 PM
Jul 2008
Hm, no, I'm not in the mood for an anime like this at the moment. Still, half the Lucky Star cast, Suigintou and Kaere? o_O Wow.

Edit: I second the pink 360 remark.
Oct 5, 2008 3:15 PM

Sep 2008
I Watched this anime. it seems ok I hope it get alot better.
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
Oct 5, 2008 3:39 PM

Jan 2008
I liked it. Looks to me like it will be a fun romance/comedy.

Gee, the artists are ever so talented in drawing the upper thighs of young ladies. This, of course, I see as an added value.
Oct 5, 2008 4:39 PM

Jun 2007
picked it up mostly because of the cast, i wanted to be impressed by the quality of acting.
and didn't dissappoint.
i mean, its not that new kind of anime with new plot, and everything is exciting, but it will surely be a nice anime to watch.
yuuhi is pretty cute, and her kugirie ojousama voice fits her perfectly.
at the start, the art looked wrong (the eyes on the guy at the start disturbed me a little)
and even though it looked really weird at the beginning, i guess this could turn out to be a really decent series.

i am sensing some incest here though. (not that i would mind that)
besides, i am glad eclipse picked this up.
so, wait
the whole class, except for Jun and his friend, and his gay-oriented teacher are all females.... just another cliche, or is it a weird coincidence?

the OP was nice though
and i dont mind the ED either

Geno Killer... so, he is a delinquent with rumors going on... tomoyo anyone?
i gotta admit... yun's sister is wayy cute. and so is her friend, and yuuhi
the student council president is really cute too (way to make a crazy hairdo...)
the comedy isn't too bad either. misunderstanding was ok.
the talking inside the head was weird though... i think it is either a split personality, or it is his "hidden" side of him.... the kiss was random, but a nice touch... but the poor guy lost all of his little friends... way to make assumptions...
and wait... she knew she was someone's fiancee... yet, she kind of liked jun... so meaning, if jun wasnt her fiancee, it would have been pretty wrong.... or something.... </overthinks>

next epi needs to be good.
Oct 5, 2008 5:03 PM

Jan 2008

I actually understand the episode now that I find a better version :D Still it was kinda amusing how fast the WAFFY atmosphere turned into a tenser one at the end.
Oct 5, 2008 5:06 PM

Aug 2008
it's really a good show, it's not some show that they just pulled out of there ass.
I believe it was a game st first for the PS2.
Oct 5, 2008 6:03 PM

Apr 2008
looks to be a fun show!. could definatly tell rie was the main character.
Oct 5, 2008 6:07 PM

Jun 2006
Ah. So he has a split personality. xD That explains that part. I was like, "Whoa is he talking to himself or something".

Whoo~ I'm watchin more~
Oct 5, 2008 6:58 PM

Jul 2008
Richard_Omega said:
picked it up mostly because of the cast, i wanted to be impressed by the quality of acting.
and didn't dissappoint.
i mean, its not that new kind of anime with new plot, and everything is exciting, but it will surely be a nice anime to watch.
yuuhi is pretty cute, and her kugirie ojousama voice fits her perfectly.
at the start, the art looked wrong (the eyes on the guy at the start disturbed me a little)
and even though it looked really weird at the beginning, i guess this could turn out to be a really decent series.

i am sensing some incest here though. (not that i would mind that)
besides, i am glad eclipse picked this up.
so, wait
the whole class, except for Jun and his friend, and his gay-oriented teacher are all females.... just another cliche, or is it a weird coincidence?

the OP was nice though
and i dont mind the ED either

Geno Killer... so, he is a delinquent with rumors going on... tomoyo anyone?
i gotta admit... yun's sister is wayy cute. and so is her friend, and yuuhi
the student council president is really cute too (way to make a crazy hairdo...)
the comedy isn't too bad either. misunderstanding was ok.
the talking inside the head was weird though... i think it is either a split personality, or it is his "hidden" side of him.... the kiss was random, but a nice touch... but the poor guy lost all of his little friends... way to make assumptions...
and wait... she knew she was someone's fiancee... yet, she kind of liked jun... so meaning, if jun wasnt her fiancee, it would have been pretty wrong.... or something.... </overthinks>

next epi needs to be good.

Just to tell you about something, it's SPLIT PERSONALITY.

BTW WELCOME I LOVED YOUR COMMENTS ON NOGIZAKA SO YAY ^_^
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 5, 2008 7:05 PM

Mar 2007
Wow, that was like a completely different episode after the kiss ^_^

Speaking of which, I lol'ed at this translation:

Couldn't have said it any better, myself xD
You've come a long way, baby.
Oct 5, 2008 7:35 PM

Aug 2008
Kittenia said:
vindemon64 said:

I really hope their isn't some weird brother complex from his sister. But the story itself seems different. Either way, will continue to watch.

I agree, unless she's not really his sister perhaps? c:
She's his sister. They both have the same color hair and eyes. Personally, I hope there's nothing going there; this story would be fine without it.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Oct 5, 2008 9:36 PM

Sep 2008
this series looks to be really good... only i can wait the next episode..
Oct 5, 2008 10:03 PM

Aug 2008
This anime seems pretty cool to me. The animation decent, voice actors awesome, and the weird hairdos for the girls. I really wonder what's going to happen in this anime.

The only thing that bothered me was the pink Xbox 360. I mean come on! I thought the Japanese would never get a 360 even if it was bundled with Godzilla hentai and a live squid!

Things that I have noticed:
Agent Nagase is the main character's father
WTF is a geno?
The personality conference! (I think I can relate to the character this way)
Life likes to say, "Suck it! You have to get the game over screen already!"
Stage 2 is about to start!
Hooray for hot sister!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2008 10:10 PM
Mar 2008
Wtf lol that was random, but a really fun and funny episode. Looking forward to this.
Oct 5, 2008 10:39 PM

Nov 2007
DeathfireD said:
Also, did anyone else get a Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun feeling from the beginning XD?

I did, lol.

The monologue part seemed like he was talking to his blue haired friend? Maybe he has telepathy or something. Might turn out decent if the younger sister doesn't transform into another yandere. ._.
Oct 5, 2008 11:29 PM

May 2007
Oh. My. God. That seiyuu cast is awesome. Nothing beats a sweet "Oniisan~" from Hirano Aya. And I thought our tsundere queen finally got a non-tsundere role. Guess I was wrong... I'll probably finish this. Animation is average, sound is superb, characters are also average and the story... Well, the fact that it lacks originality doesn't mean that it can't be good. Expecting more comedy from now on. Non-service is as good as fanservice.

He's playing a pink Xbox 360?
Oct 6, 2008 2:16 AM

Aug 2008
WTF is with the opening of the ep 1??...special agent on the rescue??
Ignore that....it's gonna be a great anime...the jokes...and Katagiri kick..(ouch!)
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Oct 6, 2008 6:00 AM

Jun 2007
Is this the new H2O or what? Didn't like it the slightest bit. Dropping it.
Oct 6, 2008 6:20 AM
Sep 2007
Hell the animation nearly made me drop it after several minutes, they really didn't put much work into it. I guess I'll drop this show as soon as it stops being funny. ._.

Also the main character's sister's voice is terrible, doesn't seem to fit any kind of human being. >_>
Oct 6, 2008 7:57 AM

Apr 2008
The 1st episode wasn't that interesting. I hope it gets better. The only interesting part is the rich girl gets to live in with the guy. Let's see how the story will progress.

Oct 6, 2008 8:29 AM

Jul 2007
RandomOugi said:
The story is far from being original, the art isn't outstanding, but it's like the Ocean's Eleven of seyuu!

I'll be watching this for the voices, and it's surely going to be awesome in that aspect at least.

well said! im watching it for the VAs too but the premise is pretty much ok also. hirano aya's character just keeps reminding me of nemu(from da capo) because of her constant niisan + ribbons
Oct 6, 2008 11:23 AM

Jan 2008
Interesting. I love the professor (jajaja) and the friend of the main male (lead harem). I'll wait for the ep 2.
Oct 6, 2008 11:33 AM

Apr 2008
Hmmm... I've watched 4 first episodes of the fall anime (Toradora, Kannagi, Hyakko and this one). None of them were great, but this was the worst one. All the characters are annoying, specially the sister of the boy. :/ I didn't get that op at all... All those guns and... bizarre things... The character design is just... odd. And I don't really care about voice actors... So I'll probably drop this if the next episode is as bad as this one.
Oct 6, 2008 11:36 AM

Aug 2008
The character design is not odd... it's great.
Liked the first episode. Waiting for ep 2.
Oct 6, 2008 1:44 PM
Feb 2008
Holy... I was expecting something entertaining me a bit with the cast as a "twas OK, just another generic romance with an allstar cast". But what I got was this anime that was "OMFG this has every anime element I want in my perfect anime".

• Nice side story that gets intergrated in later.
  • Awesome cast EPIC MOMENT: 16:35-49 (OMG so surreal, Aya and Rie FTW!)
  • Romance, and lots of it... (we'll see now whether this gets checked off in the future)
  • Tsundere
  • Harem fun about halfway through... that falls through (Yeah, let's see what happens)
  • The catchiest OP and ED theme evar - Not the best yet, lets see how good it is when it settles in.
Oct 6, 2008 4:41 PM

Jan 2008
ill be looking forward to this series.. i love it!!
Oct 6, 2008 5:55 PM

Apr 2008
AdamtheNinja said:
Holy... I was expecting something entertaining me a bit with the cast as a "twas OK, just another generic romance with an allstar cast". But what I got was this anime that was "OMFG this has every anime element I want in my perfect anime".

T_T i thought the exact opposite, i was expecting this gonna be exciting and original because of the amazing cast, but i was very disappointed after watching this, its just another ridiculous Harem, and with a predictable story, poor animation and stereotypical characters. x_x
they probably spent all their money getting the voice actors and forgot about the anime
Kyon97Oct 6, 2008 6:14 PM
Oct 6, 2008 8:04 PM
Aug 2008
Wow. Most comments I read were negative. I only read a few...>_>

As for me I LOVE this series already. Just hope it ends well.
I liked the description so I picked it up...completely forgot the description watched it and wanted it to be more romantic than the tsundure anime it is. still I know I'll love it.^_^
Oct 7, 2008 12:50 AM

Jan 2008
So far this looks pretty good, definitely got me interested in it, although i am wondering what is up with all the secret angenty time things going on, it just seems like random shit. looking forward to more though :)
Oct 7, 2008 2:13 PM

Sep 2007
Looks a bit interesting.. but also cliche... too cliche.. But it had quite funny mooments, so think I'm gonna watch the 2. ep at least for the comedy and afterwards.. well... maybe.. it's only twelve ep. after all...
Oct 7, 2008 2:45 PM

Jun 2008
umm...quick question...is this going to become a harem anime?

Oct 8, 2008 3:51 AM

Jun 2007
Further proof that men should never listen to the voice in their head. :)

I'm still undecided about this anime, it's too early to tell.
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Oct 8, 2008 8:18 AM
May 2008
Kyon97 said:
its just another ridiculous Harem, and with a predictable story, poor animation and stereotypical characters. x_x
they probably spent all their money getting the voice actors and forgot about the anime

On that note, just as Negima! showed you can put together a terrific cast and still blather, muddle, and crawl through a crappy plot, so far Akane-iro Somaru Saka has showed if you have enough silly violence (LOL OMG she kicked him in the balls xD guys), romantic entanglements ("I'm your fiancee now!!"), and otherwise vain fanservice ("Niisan~!" *does cute face*), you, too, can get an anime on the air with a lot of attention, maybe even praise.

Not to judge too much based on one episode (too late maybe), but there were several odd WTF moments that were not explained well at all (see the beginning, and the bit with Jun going crazy with himself). The moe-ness may bring me back for another episode, though, I hope there is nothing as lamely explained as that "genokiller" nonsense again.

And Aya Hirano as the imouto ... I wasn't expecting that. I don't really think she deserves that kind of role. :|

Oct 8, 2008 9:57 AM

Mar 2007
LuL yeah alot of negative marks, but then again do you really listen to what otakus say or go with what you think you will enjoy?

...its probably because everyone is tired of School anime but that cant be helped now can it?

Aya's has been in alot of supporting roles i dunno why its such a shock. She sounded fine to me, although she does sound the same ;) and Rie doing Tiaga AND Katagiri, i woulda at least expected some difference in inflection, but both of those are minor points. So far i like it.

AND how can you not like the mind boggling obvious JEAN-CLAUDE VAN DAMM reference in the beginning? I'm sure most kids didnt like it considering they dont even know who the hell he is. But so far it looks fun so far

4/5 :3

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Oct 8, 2008 10:26 AM

Mar 2007
Wasted_Life said:
AND how can you not like the mind boggling obvious JEAN-CLAUDE VAN DAMM reference in the beginning? I'm sure most kids didnt like it considering they dont even know who the hell he is. But so far it looks fun so far

Actually, the way that guy did his hand movements reminded me more of Steven Seagal than Jean-Claude....though it seemed for a while there that the two were almost interchangeable :D
You've come a long way, baby.
Oct 8, 2008 10:47 PM

Sep 2008
gets a 4/5 nothing really happened besides moving in b/c of the kiss lol
Oct 10, 2008 1:39 AM

Jan 2008
Let's see how does this moves on... by now 4/5, I just hope I get surprised next chapter...
Oct 10, 2008 11:18 AM

Jul 2008
It was great!! I'm sticking to it

Oct 10, 2008 11:59 AM

Sep 2008
My pick is 5/5.The characters design look nice,the seiyuus did a good job and Yuuhi is def my fav Rie char outweighing Shana and Louise..the male lead isn't quite wimpy and looks to have some guts too.
One thing i don't get it,whats with the agent 007 at the intro??the alien thingy also puzzles me..oh well,looking forward to the next episode..=D
Oct 10, 2008 8:00 PM

Aug 2008
5/5 :P
I love this so far, it lookes to be a very interesting anime!
Adapted from an Eroge right? lol
The characters seem interesting as well, especially Yuuhi Katagiri, since I'am a huge sucker for blue-eyed white haired girls! >:3
Also Rie and Aya are the seiyus in the same anime ^^
What I don't get is what are this anime's Genres? Obviously it's a comedy and romance tittle, but I don't know if it has other genres. I know little of the Eroge as well.
Oct 11, 2008 11:53 AM

Feb 2008
Looks pretty good, I like the character designs, but the story is kind of lacking
Oct 11, 2008 8:06 PM

May 2008
Sweet Episode
Oct 12, 2008 7:18 AM
Feb 2008
There is nothing but nonsense in this show. If it weren't for the seiyuu cast list, I wouldn't have bothered trying episode 1...
Oct 13, 2008 1:11 AM

Apr 2007
Not the best, alot of stuff already done before.

But it was alright overall.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2008 2:35 AM
Apr 2008
wth i don know where the story going -_-
arghhhhh
Oct 14, 2008 2:14 AM
Sep 2008
good start .. liked the part at the end when he got hit, I bet every male watching this felt it.

LOL at the rich girl getting ignored twice.
Oct 22, 2008 2:35 PM

Nov 2007
this seems to be really fun :D !!
Oct 23, 2008 10:29 PM

Dec 2007
I enjoyed it so far. I am little confusing at the start, but it's not bad to me. Not much about this; I am looking forward to more.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 18, 2008

243 by cacagorilla »»
Jul 30, 2023 7:07 AM

Poll: » Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 5, 2008

109 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Jul 17, 2023 12:07 PM

Poll: » Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Nov 13, 2008

66 by Punkero »»
May 25, 2022 7:10 PM

Poll: » Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 11, 2008

76 by Amatniki »»
Mar 28, 2021 1:43 PM

Poll: » Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 27, 2008

66 by Amatniki »»
Mar 27, 2021 6:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.