Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 3, 2010 4:24 PM

Jun 2009
The people that did this are being really cruel with me, I know(well I don't but I am almost sure) that this will end bad. They are making me have hope!! That is so cruel...
Oct 12, 2010 9:57 PM
Jul 2018
DAM what a cliffhanger of an ending!

Keichii has stepped up and really taken lead. Amazing work by him!

Oryou...actually a likable character in this world?

I have this BAD feeling that in this arc...Satoko is going to die to her uncles abuse. All this work will come to nothing :(:(:(

the suspense is killing me! it seems that we are reaching the climax and just waiting to go straight down the rollercoaster...

5/5!!
Oct 13, 2010 4:17 PM

Dec 2008
I was like, "IT HAS TO END NOW?!" XDDD

But I really like all that's going on. It's nice to have everything positive and working well! It's nice that everyone is rallying together! And that Rika is even standing up! X3!

I'm not the only one who thinks Satoko's gonna die in this arc from all this abuse, it seems. >>;
Oct 24, 2010 11:25 PM

Nov 2009
akromataof said:
Nice ep..But this isn't Higurashi..

news flash... it is :'D Just b/c it doesn't have the violent killings and blood that doesn't mean it's "not higurashi" this is the season of higurashi where everything is supposed to be answered and everyone fights against "fate." More random violent killings would just create more questions and more obstacles for the characters to overcome while trying to destroy fate. Use your head.
Nov 13, 2010 11:15 AM

Sep 2010
Onibaba is pleased that Keiichi said that he'll crack open her head?

Child abuse is getting too gruesome to watch

and wow... so far everyone important is still alive - clap clap~

Nov 22, 2010 4:48 PM

Jul 2009
Fairly boring episode. The Sonozaki family aspect of Higurashi always annoyed me for some reason.
Dec 19, 2010 3:30 PM

Nov 2009
YEAH! after all that hard work they finally got every1 2 listen! way 2 go every1! i cant beileve they got Mion's family (grandma) to agree D= but still YAY!!! and wow poor Sataco... i hope shell be okay and saved in the end!
Feb 2, 2011 12:51 AM

Aug 2010
Keiichi's on fire ^_^

If the rest of the series can stay anywhere as near as good as this arc I can see Kai getting a really high score. xD
Mar 20, 2011 11:36 AM

Oct 2010
I wonder how things are going to go next episode, I can't wait for it.
Jun 30, 2011 3:05 PM

Oct 2010
great!! everyone's working together as a team!!! XD
but i've got a bad feeling about how it ended with satako saying 'nii-nii'.... :/
Aug 27, 2011 6:50 AM

Aug 2011
Epic action, Satoko MUST be free!

But my inner sense tells me, that it's not the end...
Anyway, need to quickly watch next episode!
Lussuria Love ♥
Sep 24, 2011 9:53 AM

Jul 2011
did anyone watch the preview? That creepy bitch Takano is up to something...
Apr 8, 2012 3:12 AM

Nov 2011
Jesus Christ...what has happened to the past two episodes? They've "Phantom Menaced" the series with boring political processes, illogical and thoughtless actions by the characters, and sprinkled it with an over the top " power of friendship." And the plot device of Sakoto obeying her uncle because she wants to preserve her brother's room...what a terrible plot device; I'm shaking my head. I'm not saying we should go back to the violence and "easy fix" solutions, but come on, have some dignity and pride when you're doing a mystery series.
AzureBluesApr 8, 2012 3:22 AM
Apr 27, 2012 10:13 PM

Jan 2012
What a show. So far no blood or gore has come up and in a way it is good that there isn't but yet this whole 'friendship power' is a but emotional and I like more of suspenseful and hardcore awesome moments.

oh well on to next episode!
Jun 30, 2012 8:57 AM

Jul 2010
Wow, that was amazing! So impressive, I never thought they would have made it. Surprisingly, I'm starting to appreciate Onibaba :) She really does care for Keiichi.

Keiichi is so charismatic though.. We haven't seen this side of him much.

I'm just scared for Satoko though. She needs to acknowledge the abuse. And I have a feeling that she might die... I really hope not, because that would be absolutely horrible.
Jul 12, 2012 10:34 AM

Aug 2009
All that man power directed at the Child Services feels somewhat misdirected. I mean, if Kei was able to gather up so much support why don't they direct it at intimidating Satoko's uncle to stop abusing Satoko? I mean, you don't have to kill him. Just "make him an offer he can't refuse." After all, they have the yakuza's backing.

And why is the Child Services being so stubborn?! There's really no reason why they refused to save Satoko after all those protests. It like an overly complicated scenario.

Oh well, I guess it's what makes Kei really shine in this arc. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Jul 21, 2012 5:11 PM

May 2012
doggit said:
Keichii is pretty brave to go against the Sonozaki grandma like that! If this was some other arc he'd have gotten messed up bad!!

That's what I was thinking. Keichii has balls of steel!
Jul 31, 2012 3:44 PM

Oct 2011
i think that all will end with tragedy .. may be Satuko's uncle would kill her in this situation .
Aug 12, 2012 1:59 PM

Nov 2011
All the people who came to help...it's so touching. And the granny's not so bad after all!
Nov 22, 2012 1:18 PM

Mar 2011
THE MOST boring episode of the series so far...........
Jan 29, 2013 9:22 PM

Dec 2012
loub31 said:
i think that all will end with tragedy .. may be Satuko's uncle would kill her in this situation .

I think so as well
Feb 1, 2013 4:43 AM
Jul 2012
My god this ark is getting really stupid...
Feb 10, 2013 11:39 AM

May 2012
Fuck that nigga! Somone nees to slap up her uncle
Mar 8, 2013 2:21 PM

Feb 2013
Albi-kun said:
loub31 said:

I think so as well

Gah!! Don't think that satako will be saved and the uncle will get what he deserved!! (I hope)
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Apr 27, 2013 1:48 PM

Sep 2012
5 K really Fd fate.

I want to keep watching... I don't know though. Maybe a couple more...
Oct 4, 2013 1:03 PM

Aug 2013
What's up with the welfare office chairman? His behavior suggests that there is something around him that we don't yet know... maybe some secret agreements in the higher administration?
What's the point of all this? // There's no point. I'm doing it because I can. That's all there is to it. // What will be left behind after this? // Nothing at all. She'll die and I'll burn out. The end. That's all. (Requiem for the Phantom)
Nov 17, 2013 5:18 PM

Jun 2013
Wrong approach, Keiichi should have just banded with the baseball club people, put on masks and whooped the uncle's rear untill he gave up on his guardian status. Not kill him, just jump him good.
Dec 5, 2013 12:54 PM

Jun 2013
I can't help but think all this effort will be reset somehow....

Dec 18, 2013 7:26 PM

Dec 2012
Gaining more respect for Keiichi; growing more ballsy every episode.
Feb 25, 2014 5:27 AM

Jan 2009
1. Boring negotiations. can't believe politics are getting involved. puts me to sleep

3. keiichi constantly saying all that rightous crap got annoying.

3. the fire of the series has been dying in these past 2 episodes.

4/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 19, 2014 11:52 AM
Jul 2018
Ah, i feel sorry for Satoko..
Good ep btw.
Apr 21, 2014 4:33 PM

Jun 2011
RMCLmaker said:
My god this ark is getting really stupid...

Have to agree with you. Instead of gaining my respect, Keiichi just lost all my respect. "I will kill you, the "innocent one" so that I can save another "innocent one" from the "evil", well fuck, let's just kill the evil one off, won't you? This isn't even about disrespecting the elder, he could have been sued for his words of threat. He just barged into the meeting hall and start shits up, thinking he was the hero? o.O Dude needs to learn some manners. Unless the sub I was using is translating wrongly. Meh, didn't like the episode.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 24, 2014 2:04 PM
Feb 2013
This episode really just flew right by, but wow. For a show that has been build up with intense gory and violence, this is still really intense.
May 1, 2014 8:17 AM

Jan 2014
Nice episode, the rescue's continuing.
I can't do other things but to keep on watching.
May 16, 2014 11:06 AM

Apr 2013
Well it was quite impolite to threat that old hag like that. But impressed that he didn't end up with nails in his fingerjoints or something like that xD

So everything still looks like it will have a positive outcome. I'm curious what will happen next!
May 21, 2014 12:26 AM

Sep 2012
It is getting near from what it seems for this arc. It's good so far.
Aug 14, 2014 4:56 PM

Aug 2013
Man this episode put me to sleep, it's like watching a bad drama. The only reason people watch this show is for the characters and the situations, not goddamn psa child safety bullshit.
"Nothing is sweeter than your smile"
Oct 29, 2014 3:40 PM

Aug 2013
Damnit, can someone just beat the shit out of that guy? Why can't he be the one who die from the curse... T_T
Seriously, this child abuse is becoming unbearable :/

Keichi sure rocked this episode. He was able to pull everyone together behind him, even that old baba. That's quite something.

The Sonozaki sur is a powerful family. They can even manipulate the congress, in fact, they are basically the congress.

In the end though, Massacre will happen and it will probably be through an inside war. They already rose a big clan, all there is left is to find a similarly powerful enemy to make them kill each others.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Nov 6, 2014 11:15 PM

Nov 2013
Keiichi! You motherfucker taking a level in badass once again!

This episode made me realize how much of an idiot Satoko is. Why do people feel so bad for her? It's her fault she's in this mess. If she would have reached out to her friends, then she wouldn't be getting abused by that bastard uncle. It's her fault that the entire village of Hinamizawa is having to take action because she feels it's necessary to "atone for her sins". she reminds me of how Shion was when she was willing to murder everybody who opposed Satoshi but in this instance, Satoko is acting passively while Shion was acting aggresively.

Calling it right now, the uncle is going to kill Satoko before they have the chance to take her into custody.

Amazing episode nevertheless!

5/5

Nov 15, 2014 3:23 PM

Dec 2012
What was the chairman guy so scared of? Surely if he just listened to them there'd be no problem?
Nov 18, 2014 7:35 AM

Aug 2014
Hate the uncle... :/
Nov 18, 2014 7:36 AM

Aug 2014
SapphireStar26 said:
akromataof said:
Nice ep..But this isn't Higurashi..

news flash... it is :'D Just b/c it doesn't have the violent killings and blood that doesn't mean it's "not higurashi" this is the season of higurashi where everything is supposed to be answered and everyone fights against "fate." More random violent killings would just create more questions and more obstacles for the characters to overcome while trying to destroy fate. Use your head.

news flash....people ARE entitled to their own opinion ya know :'D
Mar 24, 2015 1:14 AM
Nov 2014
Guess who's gonna get fucked in the next episode ?! Brilliant ep!

Love it! Even the granny is ganging up on this scum.
Apr 24, 2015 8:08 PM

Jan 2014
that cliffhanger -.- i was just starting to get into it

z-pak said:
DO NOT WATCH THE PREVIEW! I repeat: DO NOT WATCH THE FREAKING PREVIEW!

You will be spoiled... guaranteed! I saw it, and I call it The Art of Spoiling a Series in 59 Seconds.

Of course that only goes for people who don't know what's going to happen next.

how was that a spoiler??
May 4, 2015 11:23 PM

Jul 2008
Who else wanted to kill that director?

But will it be in time...
May 18, 2015 10:28 AM
Jul 2018
yakyuu-addict said:
Keiichi sure has those cohones. And Onibaba sure has those connections.

^Keiichi has officially earned the Big Cohones Badge! XD

You guys have a point though. I fear the fact that this coward of an uncle will crap his pants and murder Satoko just to get away from all the influence Keiichi has gathered. And if that happens...total warfare.

Child abuse, man. That's one thing that got me raged. How the heck are you gonna beat up a little girl like that? All for money?! Truly, some people in our OWN world...

So close yet so far for Rika, I guess. It's probably gonna be another arcade scenario...

GAME OVER! INSERT 25 CENTS FOR NEW GAME
May 27, 2015 5:19 PM

Feb 2013
Well, it seems like they managed to get Satoko the help she needed, but it looks like it may be too late :/.
Aug 6, 2015 11:47 AM

Feb 2015
This arc is messed up. I don't think the grandmother would ever tolerate his rudeness in other arcs. It's still the MASSACRE chapter so I have no idea what will happen next.
Aug 11, 2015 7:46 AM

Dec 2014
We're in too deep now. If this ends with everyone dying still my enjoyment will go down a lot.
Oct 13, 2015 2:22 PM

May 2015
I understand why Shion calls her grandmother "onibaba." I mean she hates the woman after all. It basically means "old demon hag." The fact that her mother calls her that and then adds "sama" to the end to make it extremely respectful is so contradictory and amusing.

Interesting concept of Keiichi not being in some of the timelines.

Fourteen episodes left and I don't think they can drag three days out that long so I'm kind of worried what will happen.

What I find the most interesting/disturbing is that even if Rika finds a happy timeline, the other, terrible timelines where everyone (or in some cases, almost everyone) dies still exist.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 24, 2007

141 by benisgu »»
Apr 6, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

protoman96 - Jul 5, 2007

166 by Vincentie »»
Mar 19, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Entropy - Oct 1, 2007

216 by ghostgirl_ »»
Mar 14, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 29, 2007

100 by Drinzen »»
Feb 9, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LunarEmerald - Dec 17, 2007

364 by gb214 »»
Dec 31, 2023 4:29 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.