Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Aug 17, 2021 5:58 AM
Aug 2021

dudes be solving mysteries after mysteries
and dudes still be mad though
come on bruh
Oct 18, 2021 4:17 AM

Dec 2018
ugh, I really dislike people like Irisu who drag other people into their own mess
Nov 15, 2021 7:47 AM

Jul 2012
This arc was ridiculous. I fail to understand why they were being overly dramatic over some shitty movie a girl they never met wrote.

Satoshi was acting like Oreki murdered his whole family and cursed his entire bloodline, seriously why the hell did he get so mad???
"That's not what Hongou would have wanted it!" ok, asshole, he did what he could since he had to do it on his own.

Also they're being so nit-picky over a movie that was extremely poorly acted and filmed lmao wtf
Dec 24, 2021 8:48 AM
May 2020
damn, quite the twist
Jan 7, 2022 8:21 AM

Jul 2021
It was a good episode.
I hope that now Houtarou will return to how he was before.
asdasdsadad
Sep 28, 2022 4:56 PM

Aug 2021
good end to this movie mystery, definitely some plot points that weren't great but it was pretty good
Nov 7, 2022 10:29 AM
Oct 2021
I like it, really good Anime
Nov 17, 2022 4:20 PM
Oct 2022
This is my favourite episode so far
Dec 2, 2022 2:53 AM
Oct 2019
climax and the shift in tone was amazing
Dec 4, 2022 10:54 AM

Mar 2019
Come on Oreki, please go back to your old self!! Seems like Fuyumi isn't as nice as I thought.

Honestly I like Oreki's idea way more. The original version of the movie sounds too childish and boring for a mystery like that, for me. And nice friends you have there Oreki. I really hope they realize what they did.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jan 25, 2023 8:45 PM
Feb 2011
This episode...killed the show for me.  Honestly.

Irisu used and crushed Oreki to save face on advice from his sister who calls him an idiot?  Chitanda gives him the what's what for not giving advice that she thought he should give?  His "best friend" treats him like trash and chews him out because "it's not what some-chick-we've-never-met-wanted"?  The library girl was the least egregious, but still chewed him out for the same reason?  Let's also not forget that none of his three supposed friends actually DID anything to help him, despite their promising they would. 

They trash him and toss him aside as soon as he shows a little initiative and thought about something on his own. They say they want him to be more proactive and less "lazy" but their actions say otherwise.  That's not how you get someone to keep doing something you want them to do.  

These are horrible people.  He needs to get away from that Lit Club and ignore anything else that comes from his sister, or he's going to be an emotional wreck from all this.

Can't keep going with this show if that's how they're going to treat the poor guy.
Feb 18, 2023 8:47 PM

Jul 2021
Ok… Is it just me, or are these side characters putting way too much pressure on Oreki and making him feel bad for no reason? I’m only up the River scene, but this is really irritating to watch. He didn’t have to undertake this mystery mission, and now they’re acting like it’s his fault despite contributing just about nothing but bunk theories. A little off putting.
Mar 2, 2023 9:53 PM

Jan 2020
I can relate how bad it feels like when you've made a mistake while thinking you're some kind of prodigy, Oreki's friends overreacting probably only from Oreki's perspective........or his friends has been expecting him to be a detective that can't make a mistake...
Jul 16, 2023 11:59 AM

Jan 2013
I like the story telling and I figured there had to be more than just a simple explanation of the movie.
And the friends being so disappointed with Houtarou I kinda get but I do feel it's a bit too much, they now expect certain things and for him to come up with the "narrative trick" ... it didn't sit right with them.

Sometimes stories don't need an elaborate explanation, in this case it wasn't a murder mystery but rather something a bit more "dull", a story the three "detectives" never would've thought of.
Poor Hongou just wasn't able to tell her story because of her own anxiety and fear of not being accepted.

That said, these mysteries and Classic Literature Club sure makes Houtarou;s life a lot more rosy :)
Oct 21, 2023 8:06 PM

Dec 2022
A somewhat dull arc. That it was treated as if it had any narrative stakes or implications was hilarious, considering it was merely a poorly acted school film. The earlier mysteries were more enjoyable since the Classic Club weren't emotionally invested in them for no apparent reason.

Shaded Horizon

Oct 28, 2023 8:25 PM

Oct 2022
I was kinda hoping for Oreki to lash out at the club. "I like your idea! But..." just say you didn't like it lol. They didn't assist or support, they just criticized. Nothing wrong with criticism, but when it's the ONLY thing you're doing, you're kinda just being annoying or a dick.

Jan 25, 12:19 PM

Jan 2008
An entire arc about a student writing a shit script and everyone trying to make it better without hurting her feelings. lmao.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
May 4, 10:12 AM

Nov 2015
I'm liking this anime more than what I expect initially. Should've started watching this sooner!
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» No romance here

YuniVT - Mar 10

26 by KitsuFrost »»
Apr 28, 4:21 AM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 5, 2012

185 by Dasfonia »»
Apr 16, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 6, 2012

266 by Cammell »»
Apr 8, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 22, 2012

491 by Prosper20 »»
Apr 5, 7:19 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 19, 2012

183 by dspr »»
Mar 3, 5:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.