Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Oct 9, 2008 12:06 PM
Dec 2007
traed said:
Aina-Chan said:
This was a great start! I can definitely tell that this will be one of my favorite animes when it finishes, and I agree this show is fun. Also I like it too that Ryuuji has an obsession with cleaning. xDD By the way how the heck did Taiga find his home?! She's so.. O.O;; I dunno what to say. xD

she lives in the apartment building next door, she jsut had to look out her window, how did you miss that?
But you know, it's not like she would have noticed before, same way Ryuuji never noticed before. I'm thinking Taiga just stalked him all the way home first to learn where he lived.

Oct 10, 2008 12:45 AM

Mar 2008
Well okay first episode, don't like psychotic tsunderes like some before me said aswell.
The general outline seems okay, I just hope they don't overdo it like ZnT. I'll check out some more episodes to see how this evolves.

And the parakeet was crazy lol

MAL list updates
Oct 13, 2008 11:20 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
i thought it was cute :)
p r o f i l e đź‘€
Oct 13, 2008 9:36 PM

Dec 2007
I watched the first epiosde one week ago, and it's a good series so far. It have a unique plot and interesting characters. Kugimiya Tsundere is awesome, and Taiga is cute. I'm looking forward to more.
Oct 14, 2008 6:53 PM
Feb 2008
What a promising start! Really loving the characters, especially Ryuuji & Taiga. I have a gut feeling this will be something rather special.

Oct 14, 2008 8:36 PM
Dec 2007
YungInfamouz said:

yeah wtf they lived near eachother then he didn't know who she was what kind of bull shit is that
Remember two important points:

A) The apartment building was built recently. You even hear Ryuuji rambling about how it blocks the sun and now mold is growing so it's a new development for them.

B) You think someone of Taiga's temperament would have bothered to scoop out who her new neighbors where? Of course not. And Ryuuji would have problably minded his own business as well, considering how everyone seems to think he's a murderer or something.

Add to that the fact this is the first time Taiga and Ryuuji got assigned to the same class, I don't think it's that farfetched they didn't know about it. I mean, I can safely say that out of all the people that live close by, I barely know 3 or 4 of them. It's not like you have to know all your neighbors.

Oct 17, 2008 5:19 PM

Aug 2008
Very good episode, starting the season strong. I really like Ryuuji. It's been a while since I've seen a quality male lead, but that's just IMO. Taiga is now one of my favorites, and on my "take home" list. <3
5/5
Oct 22, 2008 8:02 AM

Jan 2008
Nice ep love the guy's personality with the mold XD
Taiga is a little annoying hopefully it gets better ^^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2008 10:47 AM

Aug 2007
Wow, cool, some rational responses! Responses merited.

Veronin said:
Lol, anime =/= reality. I mean, I understand what you mean, I'm not a fan of Taiga or the whole abusive tsundere thing either, but I think it's a bit too early to judge her character anyways.

That being said, if she becomes another Louise, I will probably drop this show. Other than that, I think it's pretty good.

corroded said:
dude, it's anime :D anything can happen, however illogical it is. personally, i watch anime for fun, i don't care about the logic in all those stuff. judging by the shows you have watched, it seems you have watched a lot of logic bending shows anyway, so why the hate on toradora?(this is just a friendly question btw :) )

in any case try to watch ep 2 first before complaining about the logic. the lead is a nice guy and he is OC(obsessive-compulsive) about dirty things(remember spotting the molds in his bathroom and cleaning it up?) that explains why he cleaned taiga's house.

The fact that anything can happen in anime does not mean that it should. And like I said, absurd background reasoning piled on absurd plotting does not help unless you are happy to can just sit yourself down and take whatever your TV throws at you. That's emphatically not my outlook.

Fun that does not make sense is not fun - unless you expect it not to. There is no reason for this not to make sense. To me, the logic bypass here seems basically pointless and gratuitous; everything about the thing is believable, except the way people behave and why. Things I watch, or rather continue to watch, that bend logic bend it for some reason. For a better understanding of my attutude here, I would cordially invite you to look at the tag notes on my blog, then do a tag search on my list for Total Logic Bypass and study what you get, what scores they got and whether I finished them or not.

soulelle said:
I'm afraid you came to the wrong place seeking for that. Toradora is something completely different from real life experience. It's a romantic and exaggerated comedy. It has nothing to do with drama you're looking for. I'd recommend you to check out a couple of shoujo dramas like Bokura ga Ita or Hachimitsu to Clover instead.
As to the Toradora, forget about reality, just have fun and enjoy the Show ^^

Ain't that the truth. Still, Lovely Complex and Kare Kano are romantic and exaggerated comedies while also being dramas, seem pretty close to real life in most of the ways this does (which is why they appeal to me) and do not as they are funny, touching and generally excellent are exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for, and the reason why I tried this out. Been vaguely thinking about Honey and Clover anyway, maybe I'll have a look at that instead, thanks =)

Nobleman said:
I agree with you 100%. (but hey, there still will be 500+ people who will tell us that it is just an anime..)
I'm getting the idea that most of the people who like tsunderes either don't have a girlfriend (and want someone as cool as those little chicks to boss them around) or/and are masochists.

And knowing that japs don't have such a fulfilling sexual life (proven by statistics) i can understand how shows like that get a lot attention there. Everyone have their own fetishes...

As for the show, i expected less tsundere domination and more rebellious male character (which turned out to be a spineless slug). Animation was better than average, had it's own style, but nothing too much worthy to mention.

I suppose i should hide now from incoming fanboy fire....

Thankyou. I don't want to cast aspersions on anyone but I just don't get the apparently gigantic appeal of being treated like muck. Then again, submissive men and dominent women are kind of the ultimate Japanese relationship taboo, and working on the principle that what you are not allowed is what you find most exciting, the appeal in Japan is thus somewhat understandable. I would never have expected characters like this to be so popular overseas though. Possibly this tsundere archetype is kind of like wish fulfillment for a lot of women? Grabbing at straws here.

Oct 27, 2008 9:00 PM
Sep 2008
Increible!
Oct 30, 2008 11:25 AM

Aug 2008
I should have started watching this show much earlier. It's pretty funny and probably will be one of the best in the season.
Oct 30, 2008 1:35 PM

Mar 2008
Nice episode, a good start, funny and cute. A bit too classic anyway.
Oct 30, 2008 5:44 PM

Jun 2008
Just saw episode one, and I like it already!
Nov 2, 2008 8:17 PM
Nov 2007
Comments made while watching:

-In Japan, all mold has arrows that point to it.

-You have been captured by the bottom half of Inko-Chan, the torture will now begin!

-Yeah I can see him being like Kakashi and making a living off those eyes.

-Judging by his expression...YES...I would think he does in fact remember you.

-Tiger Uppercut!

-So the girl who just hit him and his crush are friends...man its almost like they are in an anime or something like tha...oh wait.

-So exactly what was she doing curled up inside of a locker which was somehow made into a projectile?

-Round 2, FIGHT!

-Damn her sneezes are almost as powerful as Negi Springfield's...only they dont make girl's skirts fly up...

-Tenchu: Stealth Assasins, Round 3, FIGHT!

-It could just be me but she seems very intent on killing him.

-She broke into his house is attempted to kill him with a Boken, somehow that just doesnt seem particularly...whats the word im looking for...legal.

-"Shut up, shut up." Poor Rie Kugimiya, they are going to make her say that at least once in every anime she is in after Shana.

-You idiot, do you have any idea what you just agreed to...

-You invited me to come over and I clean your kitchen, you broke into my house in the middle of the night and tried to kill me!

Post episode Comments:

Hmm somehow Taiga's character seems like a cross between Shana from Shakugan no Shana and Nagi from Hayate the Combat Butler (im talking about the character, I realize they both have the same voice actress). Either way it should be fairly reasonable to predict that the anime will follow a similar pattern where the guy likes the girl who is clueless about it, and the violent girl comes to like the guy. Its been done before. Still what matters is if they can do it and keep me interested. Im willing to keep watching at this point. Still both Shana and Hayate tried this formula and I ended up dropping both animes due to lack of interest but im willing to still give this one a chance.
Nov 2, 2008 9:30 PM

May 2008
Kugimiya Rie, urusai, inu... never heard those words together before this anime... ah well.

Looks like this'll be a great series, school Tsukaima is kinda what im thinking as of now
Nov 12, 2008 7:34 PM

Nov 2007
The one thing I didn't get was when Ryuuji walked in the classroom to retrieve his bag, and there were desks flying everywhere and Taiga fell out of a random locker..
Nov 19, 2008 7:12 AM

Nov 2008
Great start. Good comedy looking forward to more.
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Nov 28, 2008 9:57 PM

Aug 2008
lol is it jsut me or does Kitamura look like shinpachi from gintama?lol
lol
Dec 1, 2008 7:19 AM

Mar 2008
I s'pose I'm rather late starting this anime, but so far it has been quite entertaining. It was pretty funny, but that's about all of it. The characters are a bit flat and since I'm not really into tsundere type, I'll probably wont love Taiga that much. But well see, I'll surely continue to watch and perhaps my opinion will change.
Dec 11, 2008 9:52 PM

Jun 2008
I really liked it. And I'm starting it later than you Teddy. But I like the characters, like Taiga, she makes me lol.
Dec 21, 2008 12:23 AM

Nov 2007
Seems very interesting =D, from so many comments I guess this show will definitely be worthwhile and judging from the first episode I guess so ^^
Dec 21, 2008 3:42 PM

Nov 2008
It was pretty entertaining, as expected Aisaka Is kawaii~ a bit more dangerous than the others though lolz.. reffering to Louise.. Nagi and Shana..

Feb 1, 2009 3:01 AM

Nov 2008
Kiske said:
I really liked it. And I'm starting it later than you Teddy.

I am starting later than all of you, guys, but still enjoying it to my heart's contents =)

Credits for the av go to whispering-eden.livejournal.com =)
I used to be Dolce_Vitka here, but Vitka_Lynx is my nickname at alost all other sites, so I decided to take it here, too ^___^
Apr 12, 2009 10:05 AM

May 2008
He'll make a great househusband.:D

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Apr 17, 2009 12:53 AM

Jun 2008
hmm.. seems interesting... haha ... poor guy, being bossed around by that tiny girl... :p
May 4, 2009 1:23 PM

Aug 2008
Looks like a pretty interesting series :D

I liked it!

May 29, 2009 2:09 PM

Dec 2008
liked how they presented the characters. though nothing new, it has a nice feel to it.
aisaka is one hell of a tsundere.

now am i late for this anime?
probably not late enough. its only been 8 months
Aug 24, 2009 7:13 PM

Feb 2009
Scary? that guy you gotta be kidding me, I've seen kitten scarier than that guy!

Anyway so far so good.
Sep 2, 2009 12:17 PM

Aug 2009
I can see the similarities between this episode and Zero no Tsukaima.
This episode was okay. An okay way to start a series, I guess.
Sep 8, 2009 6:21 AM

Aug 2009
Oh, Taiga is completely wild. Perfect tsundere
Sep 8, 2009 6:39 AM

Aug 2009
yeah, she's awesome and outta control ^^
Sep 10, 2009 6:18 PM

May 2008
I'm sure the tsundere will start pissing me off, but for now I loved it.
Oct 2, 2009 10:54 AM

Aug 2009
Nice... He knows her "problems" and she knows hims xD
Nov 9, 2009 3:28 AM

May 2009
I just love how Kugimiya Rie does voices of tsundere lolis... As most of u said Taigas voice was a bit harsher then Shana's and Louise's, but was still WIN. Love that urusai urusai part, truly sweet. ^^

Well Taiga is some mixture of Shana and Louise... All those most loving parts put in one character. I just love when she calls him dog! ;D

WTF happened with house... I mean at first thought I thought she might be even hikkikomori... ^^

As for Takatsu mother... she is crazy, at first I thought it was some perverted roommate.
ShweleNov 9, 2009 3:36 AM
Jan 22, 2010 6:37 AM

Nov 2009
The main character's image and his true persona completely contrast each other hahaha, im looking forward to the rest of this. Ive heard good things about toradora
Jan 25, 2010 8:04 AM

Apr 2009
Ugh, another tsundere show. I'm not a big fan but at least Takasu isn't a complete wuss and submits to everything.
Jan 27, 2010 4:34 PM

Dec 2009
Wow. I'm so late watching this lol but this was a great episode to start off my day.
Feb 17, 2010 1:44 PM

Aug 2008
Loving the ED. :D
Ryuuji seems like a cool character. Guys who can cook are smexy. <33
Mar 12, 2010 6:14 PM

Mar 2010
Minorin<3
Mar 26, 2010 10:31 PM

Aug 2008
I like this a lot but if that little girl doesn't get less annoying, I won't be able to keep watching this.
Mar 27, 2010 1:16 AM

Mar 2010
ExquisiteDefect said:
I like this a lot but if that little girl doesn't get less annoying, I won't be able to keep watching this.

I felt the same way, but I gave it a shot since I had nothing else to watch at work and really ended up liking the whole series.
Mar 31, 2010 10:56 PM
Jun 2008
Just watched the first episode, I hope Taiga becomes more likeable I'm really not keen on the "girl bitches and moans and bosses guy around and he just takes it like an idiot" kind of storyline. Why didn't he just tell her to go fuck herself?

But still, I'll give it a go as it seems like it might be good.
Mar 31, 2010 11:50 PM

Jan 2010
Watched this just for the heck of it... There were some funny parts, but don't think it was enough for me. I thought Ryuuji's dilemma of having a mean-looking face was amusing, but Taiga really bothered me. Her idiocy is funny, but she was such a jerk that she came off as unlikable.
Apr 26, 2010 4:00 PM
Mar 2010
improper delay.... but I finally watch first episode.... even so it seems very good... I hope it continue on this line.... ending is pretty....
I also watch zero no tsukaima, rie kugimiya is great seiyuu, 'cause her aisaka's interpretation is different from Louise, and it's very no easy, both girls are tsundere.....
definitely I have satisfied...
Apr 28, 2010 1:21 PM

May 2008
wow~ this was really good. promising start and very interesting characters, i can't wait for the rest.
May 1, 2010 1:53 PM

Jan 2010
wow this was a very good first episode :-)

the little tiger,Aisaka if i remember right is cute :)

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jun 15, 2010 5:31 PM

May 2008
Utterly mediocre. That being said, I have so little else of value to watch that I haven't previously seen that I'll stick with it for now.
Jul 5, 2010 1:06 AM

Mar 2009
Great start to the anime. It's funny.
Aug 18, 2010 2:01 PM
Jul 2018
Absolutely_Steve said:
Utterly mediocre.

That's what I felt. After this being hyped up to me as being a "great anime" I was expecting something much more.

I will carry on watching with high expectations though :P
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

284 by Matheus050 »»
May 8, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Best Toradora girl? (Repost)

JustSomeone15 - Apr 27

26 by VOLTHOR6 »»
May 3, 4:04 PM

» Toradora's Blu-ray has an issue

JustSomeone15 - Apr 29

2 by Binkini »»
Apr 30, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.