Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 3, 2008 5:49 AM

May 2007
This will easily be enough to cover my tsundere needs for this fall. Even though the first part was dull, it became pretty interesting after Chiaki Taiga came. The main guy is pretty funny, but I can say that I didn't like his seiyuu.

Oh, and, any anime containing our beloved tsundere queen Kugimiya Rie and Hocchan is pure win.
Oct 3, 2008 5:52 AM

Jan 2008
angel999 said:
You better join on Hyakko too since I see you like Hidamari Sketch. It looks a lot like it.
Thanks I'll add that to my list.

DaBigD said:
it became pretty interesting after Chiaki Taiga came.
Yeah, I forgot to add, I thought Taiga looked a lot like Chiaki too XD
Oct 3, 2008 6:01 AM

Feb 2007
Well, ignoring Shana and ZnT like the plague (or Taiga's sink), this would mean Toradora is my first anime with the Rie + Tsundere combo. Pleasantly surprised with the first episode.

Production wise, it was nice, and I got quite a few laughs as well. Taiga is cute. Everyone's said it, but I want to say it too. xD

Definitely going to keep an eye on this. Probably going to be a good anime for pure entertainment.
Oct 3, 2008 6:55 AM

Jul 2008
aero said:
angel999 said:
You better join on Hyakko too since I see you like Hidamari Sketch. It looks a lot like it.

DaBigD said:
She was definitely giving me Chiaki vibes.
Oct 3, 2008 6:59 AM

Oct 2007
Good first episode! - good animation, characters and good comedy and after watching it - simular to Zero no Tsukaima, lol!

But lookinf forward to the rest of the season
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2008 7:11 AM

Jul 2008
yakyuu-addict said:
aero said:
angel999 said:

DaBigD said:
She was definitely giving me Chiaki vibes.

I will correct that...CHIAKI VIBES MINUS THE IMMATURITY. I find Aisaka more mature than Chiaki a little but not much.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 3, 2008 7:14 AM

May 2008
Loved every second of it, somehow it makes me remember school rumble :P
Oct 3, 2008 8:15 AM

Nov 2007
It's a good first episode. I hope the ones that follow will be even better.

I lost some respect for JC Staff after ZnT3, but maybe this one will more than make up for it.
Oct 3, 2008 8:25 AM

Aug 2007
What a great episode.

Everything was top notch, the animation was great, the characters are great. I really like Ryuuji facial expression. They are done really well. I can't wait for the next episode, it looks like I will enjoy this new anime season after all.
Oct 3, 2008 8:48 AM

Apr 2007
Now that was way better than I thought it would be.

Also, Rie is not using the usual tsundere voice for Taiga, so props to her! XD

This show has my interest, will definitely continue watching.
Oct 3, 2008 10:05 AM

Apr 2008
Woot, Fall Season starting :3

Toradora seems a pretty good series, I enjoyed the first episode and it got my expectations high, so I hope it will live up to it =)
Oct 3, 2008 10:51 AM

Jun 2008
i thought it was a good first episode, with enough to keep me interested and keep watching the series
Oct 3, 2008 11:18 AM

Aug 2008
"Oh, I see. Palmtop Ti-"
This whole episode was hilarious. I really have high expectations; hopefully this won't go the direction Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu went (EDIT to clarify: I mean loose its originality & funness). Taiga looks like she'll be much more enjoyable to watch tsundere-ing than Shana (who was just annoying, I still haven't been able to finish that series).
The ED was pretty good, it might just grow on me. I'll have to watch it the next couple of episodes [/usually skips OPs and EDs]. I wonder if the OP will be any good.
Animation & character rendering were high quality IMO.

Richard_Omega said:
ryuugi's mom is hilarious as well, reminds me of sensei in nogizaka xD
Please, his mom is far better than either of those two whores from NHnH. Just watching one episode shows that. With no foreknkowledge of the story, I'm getting the idea that she has a reason to be lying around drunk all day.

Wasted_Life said:
Dont expect a deep psychological thriller out of this series.
Happily, I enjoy both ^^

Now I have to wait for Hyakko subs.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Oct 3, 2008 11:20 AM

Dec 2007
Interesting first episode. I just couldn't help but laugh at the visually censored sink. Looking forward to the next episode !
Oct 3, 2008 11:23 AM

Nov 2007
Hm, I don't know but I didn't enjoy this episode much. Maybe it was the pacing, it felt too rushed in the beginning and then dragged out after her found the letter.
At least fall season's started, my list was feeling a bit empty.
Oct 3, 2008 11:37 AM

Aug 2008
amateurish direction, recycled jokes, and an all-around visual plainness...hope it gets funnier, or i may drop it
Oct 3, 2008 11:58 AM

Jun 2008
Much better than I expected o.O
The girl looks alot like Louise from zero no tsukaima, only she doesn't have that annoying voice xD
The animation seems pretty cool, and I like the drawing style in general, so I'm looking foward to see what's going to happen :D
Oct 3, 2008 12:21 PM

Aug 2007
There's no way this is the next Haruhi Suzumiya. It was decent at best. Hopefully the next episodes will be better.
Oct 3, 2008 12:44 PM

May 2008
Better then expected and definatly worth watching. I think I'll continue to watch this.
Oct 3, 2008 12:54 PM

Jan 2008
didn't have any idea what to expect but the show looks promising. when they showed his bird i just couldnt stop laughing at it. seriously what is up with that thing?
Oct 3, 2008 1:42 PM

Sep 2008
kawaiimisato said:
didn't have any idea what to expect but the show looks promising. when they showed his bird i just couldnt stop laughing at it. seriously what is up with that thing?

I know, I wish I had screencapped it so I could laugh at it later.
Oct 3, 2008 2:19 PM

Aug 2007
well, this is a promising start! can't wait till it gets up to speed..
and Taiga is already 10 times cooler than Shana ever was ^_^
Oct 3, 2008 2:20 PM

Jul 2008
Definitely looking forward to more episodes, JC staff has been pretty baller lately with their romcoms
Oct 3, 2008 2:24 PM

Mar 2008
Didn't know anything about it at first, and I must say it looks fun and entertaining. The characters already look good, and the animation is nice. I'll definitely continue to watch this :D
Oct 3, 2008 2:42 PM

Dec 2007
This looks good. Animation is nice and it was funny !
Looking forward to the next episode <3
Oct 3, 2008 4:27 PM
Jul 2008
I'm no big fan of Shana or ZnT (not even the first season). While it feels awkwardly familiar, the first episode of Toradora seems somewhat more interesting than the aforementioned series. I doubt I'll stick with it until the end, but I will definitely watch a few more episodes to see how it develops.
Oct 3, 2008 4:33 PM

Dec 2007
first episode was great, i will be continuing this for sure
Oct 3, 2008 5:17 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
more mature than ZnT and SnS. Has a more serious vibe in it despite the comedy.

Now we know Jc.Staff + Rie doesn't necessarily equal the same voice. Thanks goodness, Louise/Shana/Nagi's voice is wearing me out. Good to hear a change after all that....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 3, 2008 9:04 PM

Feb 2008
I like it , look good ,and looking forward to it

Oct 3, 2008 9:06 PM

Feb 2008
The first episode is better than I anticipated. Rie's voice is not too high as she did other characters but it still show the tsundere's atmosphere around her. And Hoc-chan as Minori is a pure win. The ED song is good too which reminds me of how Hoc-chan did the ED for Nagasarete.

Well I'm going to see how the series are going now. Hope it will be good as the first episode.
Oct 3, 2008 9:34 PM

Apr 2007
Talon said:
wow, the plot of the serie did supprise me in a positive way, it's kinda an unique plot.
Humor is good too, I like it.

Same, it is unique.

I enjoyed it, and will be looking forward to more.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2008 9:50 PM
Apr 2008
EPIC animu! :D
Oct 3, 2008 10:46 PM

Aug 2007
They are sticking to the novels thus far, though to be expected given that its the first episode. I honestly don't remember whether Taiga and Ryuji lived on the same floor, but I guess that's not really a big issue...unless they plan on using that for some unnecessary fanservice...

Got major Shana vibes from Taiga...hehehe
Oct 3, 2008 10:57 PM
Sep 2007
PimpToad said:

Imo she resembles Louise with her "inu" a bit more. But yeah, you haven't seen ZnT. ;)
Oct 3, 2008 11:55 PM

Aug 2007
freedoleen said:
PimpToad said:

Imo she resembles Louise with her "inu" a bit more. But yeah, you haven't seen ZnT. ;)

Nor will I ever see that piece of crap show that did nothing but butchered such a great story. Why I'm so worried on how ToraDora will fare in the hands of J.C. Staff... Seriously getting bad vibes with their windows right next to each other. (I could have sworn that Taiga lived either on the penthouse or at a higher floor)

Please Taiga was one urusai away from being a Shana clone. xD
Oct 4, 2008 2:01 AM
Oct 2008
PimpToad said:

Seriously getting bad vibes with their windows right next to each other. (I could have sworn that Taiga lived either on the penthouse or at a higher floor)

Please Taiga was one urusai away from being a Shana clone. xD

For your own bit so you don't have to worry: Volume 1, Chapter 3 (according to Baka-Tsuki light novel translations) says "Carrying the phone receiver past the ridiculously narrow living room and looking out through the dim window, Ryuuji could see the Bourgeoisie-style apartment block. Yet on the second floor of that building... looking straight across from the window opposite..."
It does say later though "This got Ryuuji wondering, just how much was the rent here? ...Shoot, I forgot to ask what her room number is. Though that problem was quickly solved... Because there was only one door at the end of the corridor... In other words, the entire second floor of this Bourgeoisie-style apartment block was the Aisaka residence. " That's probably where ya got the penthouse idea from, since she owns a whole frickin floor (I'd love a place that big =( ... )

I know what ya mean about them butchering the stories. I watched some ZnT before I heard about the light novels being so much better, then checked them out, and I agree it ruined the storyline. Too much of a difference between the two to say they didn't mess it up. I'm hoping they don't screw up this series too.
Blarg286Oct 4, 2008 2:05 AM
Oct 4, 2008 2:07 AM

Jun 2007
The fact that Taiga looks exactly like Chiaki Minami kind of disturbed me. Other than that, it was ok, felt a bit exaggerated at some parts.
Oct 4, 2008 2:46 AM

Aug 2008
Not a bad first ep. Quite funny.

Ill continue watching for now, really need to see what it develops into.

wakka9ca said:
more mature than ZnT and SnS. Has a more serious vibe in it despite the comedy.

Now we know Jc.Staff + Rie doesn't necessarily equal the same voice. Thanks goodness, Louise/Shana/Nagi's voice is wearing me out. Good to hear a change after all that....

Well, she has a different voice on kagura (gintama) aswell...
llamabenOct 4, 2008 2:49 AM
Oct 4, 2008 3:42 AM

Nov 2007
I liked it.
Will the tsundere be a main character? Cause I don't like her.
Oct 4, 2008 4:01 AM

Jun 2008
Man, I haven't laught so hard since Fruit Basket (which I saw on New Year) !!

Saw the promo about 2 months ago, and thought I'd give it a try because it looks good. It's very good! I don't know about the other characters they resemble, so I'm enjoying this even more.

The music is very very good. If it was out, I would have downloaded the OST right away. I don't like watching series that haven't finished yet (I have a certain discomfort with that), but this is the first show that's currently airing that I'm watching!!! (I NEVER do that)

Ryuuji's voice got me into it (it's so different from the usual high school student voice), the humor and ... I was surprised at the ecology lesson. The censored sink was so funny.

"...it's mold, moldiness, HEAPS OF MOLD !!!!" Argggg... LOLOL

Oct 4, 2008 4:07 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
MaiZorbescu said:
I liked it.

You can bet your life on that.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 4, 2008 6:18 AM

Dec 2007
Not bad.
Oct 4, 2008 7:52 AM

May 2007
Enjoyed this Episode! will definantly watch more of this series. :D
Oct 4, 2008 8:28 AM

Nov 2007
cyruz said:
MaiZorbescu said:
I liked it.

You can bet your life on that.

:(. Well, here's to the tsundere part of her taking over the psycho part!
Oct 4, 2008 8:29 AM

Sep 2008
That bird was so stupid and a horrible way to try to add stupid humor to this ep.

shes complaining thats hes force feeding her when she doesn't even eat? She's to stupid. :(

Have to give it more time to figure out how good its goona be.
Oct 4, 2008 10:41 AM

Apr 2008
The bird part cracked me up. I couldn't stop laughing for some reason.
Anyways, it was Ok. I'm liking the manga better right now but maybe when theres more eps I'll like the Anime.

Breath||
Oct 4, 2008 12:37 PM

Mar 2008
Well, it was nice, but the theme of girl treating guy like shit ("you are my dog") is getting really on my nerves.

It was a bit funny in the beginning of Zero (and a bit of it in Shana) but again?

But the rest was pretty funny and interesting. Taiga seems to be even more extreme, than Louise. There are some aspects I like about her. The main guy was ok, no complains about him. His big love had a bit of a boring character (so far), though.

Looks like an interesting anime, I will follow for sure.

The Ending was very awesome.
ForeverOct 4, 2008 12:41 PM
Oct 4, 2008 12:56 PM

Sep 2008
This Anime Empresses me. I like it alot. Can't wait till next week
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
Oct 4, 2008 1:21 PM
Dec 2007
So now that there are three different subs out, what's your take on which is more worth it? There were plenty of differences in translation between GG and Mayu, but posessing almost no japanese knowledge I can't truly argue for either so I'd like some opinnions on the matter. As for the raw itself, Mayu's seemed to have the upperhand here, as it was far cleaner.

Oct 4, 2008 2:21 PM

Apr 2008
O.o

I didn't see both (Watched C-subs) yet, so I dunno anything about the TL differences. Examples please?

Anyways, I checked like a little bit, and Mayu-Genjo has the quality by far.

Ugh, I see the serious TL error in Mayu now.

"Keep sneezing" and "Go to doctors", massive fail on that part.
BasakaNZOct 4, 2008 2:42 PM
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

284 by Matheus050 »»
May 8, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Best Toradora girl? (Repost)

JustSomeone15 - Apr 27

26 by VOLTHOR6 »»
May 3, 4:04 PM

» Toradora's Blu-ray has an issue

JustSomeone15 - Apr 29

2 by Binkini »»
Apr 30, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.