Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Aug 10, 2020 11:18 AM

May 2020
Still got an action scene even in the last episode. Funny moment when kid got slammed by Koko. This type of movie is kindly rare. Fun and great action in every episode. Anime taste like Hollywood. 8/10
Dec 1, 2020 9:34 PM

Jul 2017
Nice way to end the season off. I liked Valmet when I first saw it but I like her even more now, way more than in comparison to the first time I saw the show. Good to see her get some sort of closure and seeing her shield Jonah after how he was there for her as well as Koko was pretty badass and loyal too. Good thing she's alright in the end, even doing crunches when Koko and Jonah were talking together outside.

And glad to see the others in the crew safe too after the attempted hit.

In terms of a finale wrap-up for the season, it's not the most exciting or thrilling but it does a good job in ending the season regardless and the cliffhanger clearly shows that the real deal is on in the second season narratively. I definitely think the 2nd season Perfect Order will be better but this season was still a fun watch regardless, especially seeing Koko again brought me tons of joy on the inside. 8-8.5/10 overall.
animejasDec 1, 2020 10:22 PM
Mar 17, 2021 2:55 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
A nice season finale. Sofia gets her revenge and Koko survived the hitjob. Hakkaa päälle! And we're probably getting some CIA antagonism next season.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 20, 2021 1:56 PM
Big-Man Stoic

Mar 2021
Horee Sheetuh! That end reveal just got me so hyped!
Dec 26, 2021 5:20 AM
Dec 2020
How did Valmer not die!!! 🤦‍♂️ This is what I hate about all animes that handles mafia and weapons like this one. Their execution are all bad, their plot are all horible, no logic at all. Being shot from short distance, only 2 bullets hit 😂 and by coincidence it only hits her thighs and didnt die 🤦‍♂️ thats bullshit
At least let one character die, it will be more emotional, logical and more convincing and good as a plot. This was their chance and they wasted it.
Mar 5, 2022 7:14 PM

Jun 2019
My 184th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 7/10 rating.
May 5, 2022 6:17 AM

May 2016
Insane stuff especially that car chase with Ugo's driving skill and that .50ml bullets almost
blew off Dominique head with that low key loco ost. 10/10 for that.

Ah.... Valmet sure stole the key of my heart with those insane skills of her, my only gripe is that we didn't see the fight between Mr. Chen and her.

as for Karen she lost all reason and mentally broke down and missed most of her shots that's the only explanation of how she and Valmet survived of course Jonah.

my final thoughts of this season was pretty good solid 8/10

May 5, 2022 10:35 AM

Nov 2016
Nice showcase from Ugo, that was seriously badass af for a chaffeur xD

@Raizel Can't have her doing some fucked up shit on screen when she's so cute in the very same episode. Her surviving these gunshots however...That was some Grade A bullshit even for this show, lmao.

Still awesome watch overall and bless the nipple service.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 9, 2022 1:11 AM

Dec 2008
As conclusion Jormungand was a great watch, interesting setting and likeable characters.
Nowadays I kind of miss the hardboiled, violent, trigger happy action animes.

Koko being Koko made it a fun ride, her english dub voice is lovely.
Even though a bunch of bad people were mowed down, this show handled it very light hearted.

about this episode:

Sofia killed like 12 private security person without mercy, but hey she is no bad person and actually cute and shielded Jonah, we can't let her die XD
I'm glad she made it, but I thought these shots were lethal to begin with.
Maybe that could have directed a bit differently
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 2022 5:58 PM
Mar 2022
Sadly this is the final episode of the first season, Among the many animes out there this was the most military oriented and to certain extends realistic as ever. Aside from Black lagoon that is anyway...

Valmet finally got her revenge, all of her former units souls can rest in peace now. Although I was worried for a moment as I really thought Karen, killed Valmet considering she pretty much berserk and shot her in the back multiple times while she protected Jonah. Which was a lovely display of her affection towards him as she even said herself, the only person i'd risk my life to protect is Koko. Was shocked a little by the fact Jonah patched her up on the spot afterwards, so he has medical skills?...

Don't forget to watch the after credits scene. Holy shit! R? Well that certainly leaves me eager to watch season 2...
Jan 17, 2023 5:14 AM

Dec 2020
More nudity. Nice.
Jonah def saved valmet and the outcome of her battle was expected. Like c'mon fighting a cripple lol while I thought she and Karen both died, you can chalk up to being hysterical and Jonah being drugged to missed fatal shots. It was just plot armor though. Ending seems like something bigger for next season but overall very entertaining and fun show. Kept my attention throughout
Feb 18, 2023 8:41 AM
Jan 2023
Jormungand is one of those animes that even ppl who don't like anime can watch.
Apr 20, 2023 6:47 PM
Jun 2022
the ending was meh...
Aug 28, 2023 7:40 AM

Nov 2010
Karen's sweaty and topless scene. I really would like to lick her armpits and tap her!
I agree with Koko. Sofia should grow her hair longer. She looks sexier that way.
As expected, nobody died. Hopefully, something interesting will happen in S2.
That was an interesting post-credit scene.
Nov 3, 2023 7:30 AM

Jun 2020
Damn Im sad i wanted to see fight betweem old man and Valmet
Apr 26, 11:56 AM

Dec 2021
This anime is criminally underrated (⁠ ⁠ꈍ⁠ᴗ⁠ꈍ⁠)
Apr 30, 1:48 PM

Jun 2015
There were only four things I liked about this show: the title, the opening (it a banger), the ending, and Koko Hekmatyar. I expected more of this show but the last few episodes weren't very bad. I will watch the sequel if there's any.

Also, were they in Alexandria, Egypt? There are many cities called Alexandria around the world.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - May 8, 2012

94 by Karva1 »»
Apr 27, 8:49 AM

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Elite60 - Apr 10, 2012

228 by Karva1 »»
Apr 26, 10:53 PM

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 12, 2012

92 by povsuduvolosy »»
Feb 2, 1:48 PM

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 19, 2012

99 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 28, 2023 7:02 AM

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Jun 5, 2012

94 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 27, 2023 6:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.