Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (27) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 23, 2012 10:05 AM

Dec 2011
NNick said:
Woebegone said:
NNick said:
What The Hell Happened To Gilgamesh?

He won the grail war, basically got reincarnated. Saber disappeared right after the heavens puked.

Wait WHAT? How? So Kirei Won ? What?

Basically, Kirei gets to live because Archer and him were connected by the contract. Because Archer won, Kirei lives.
HysteryJun 23, 2012 10:09 AM
Jun 23, 2012 10:08 AM

Dec 2011
Beautiful Closure
Jun 23, 2012 10:13 AM

Mar 2011
NNick said:
Woebegone said:
NNick said:

He won the grail war, basically got reincarnated. Saber disappeared right after the heavens puked.

They FREAKING CUT the best part of Gilgamesh in the entire series. Gilgamesh vs Grail is the scene where Gil proves to us why he is the freaking KING, yet they CUT it -__- I knew ppl won't understand how he was reincarnated. Damn you ufotable!
Jun 23, 2012 10:17 AM

Aug 2009
As others said I have to wait for the BDs for Gil and Grail scene.
Seriously I have seen so many different versions of Kiritsugu finding Shirou and still cried after this.
Kirei why do you look so cool even though you are a first class villain?I worry about myself.
For a moment I thought they wouldnt show Aoi.
Teenage Taiga cameo was great.
Overall great episode and although not a perfect adaption(yes I would like to see everything in in FZ and other adaptions) it was still a very good one 10/10.

I wait to see people's reaction to Sakura's words although I dont understand why they added some kind of malice(?) in her words.I dont mind it but who knows for first time viewers .

The scene in the LN:
Jun 23, 2012 10:29 AM
Mar 2012
superb episode, the scene in which kiritsugu was shown sittin' as the workers where reconstructing the house was beautifully done, as well as when the music kicked in in the ending as the glimmer of hope shone upon our protagonists, though yeah as the l/n reader i was kind`a hoping the gilgamesh vs grail argument would be shown...
KingofConquerorsJun 23, 2012 10:37 AM
Jun 23, 2012 10:30 AM

Jul 2007
Truly amazing episode and an overall adaption. 10/10 obviously. I'm gonna miss all the Saturdays from now, that's for sure :( I do hope they make more Type-Moon related projects in the future. Ufotable did an amazing job well done.
Jun 23, 2012 10:35 AM

Aug 2011
Loved it, I can't believe it's over... 10/10

Also I was totally surprised of what Sakura said when Kariya died... She didn't say it in the LN did she? (Or not exactly the same line as in the anime)
Jun 23, 2012 10:40 AM

Dec 2007
What a finale!! That was a great adaptation ufotable, it wasn't perfect but it was one of the best VN anime adaptation I've seen!
Jun 23, 2012 10:43 AM

Nov 2011
mistress_kisara said:
What a finale!! That was a great adaptation ufotable, it wasn't perfect but it was one of the best VN anime adaptation I've seen!

>VN
heh? You mean LN
The Art of Eight
Jun 23, 2012 10:44 AM
Sep 2009
ssjokg said:

Kirei why do you look so cool even though you are a first class villain?I worry about myself.

Well, what separates the first class villain apart from the third rate one is that the first class villain always looks cool even though they are doing evil stuffs.
Jun 23, 2012 10:45 AM

Jul 2007
DaisyDuck3008 said:
Loved it, I can't believe it's over... 10/10

Also I was totally surprised of what Sakura said when Kariya died... She didn't say it in the LN did she? (Or not exactly the same line as in the anime)

She didn't say it, but she was thinking it. The way it was said in the anime, however, made it seem as if it contained malice, however, when it had more to do with Sakura being completely mindbroken and emotionally dead.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change, change the form of man. Free the might from fleshy mire. Boil the blood in heart of fire. Gone, gone the form of man. Rise the demon, Etrigan!
Jun 23, 2012 10:46 AM

Oct 2010
McRib said:
Yumekichi11 said:
]Indeed. I had lots of fun with this community and everyone. Big round of APPLAUSE to the many who devoted their times and energies in writing out and discussing marvellously this series. Truly you know who you are and your merits. There has been no more amazing crowd of knowledge and VN along with LN depth than here on MAL. Really TT_TT to all the wonderful knowledge from the many. There are no other means of happiness I can express despite not being too present in those discussions. Truly those deserve much appreciation you all.

My only complaints about this episode were the fact that Kariya's death scene wasn't longer like it was in the novel and some of the inner dialogue from the characters was missing which is to be expected since it's a TV adaption.

Incredible adaption overall. Coming from a VN and LN reader, it was certainly not a disappointment.
Indeed but then again you can always look forward to the BDs. Surely they are worth your time for this if you liked the series.
dio_brando86 said:
NNick said:
Woebegone said:
NNick said:

I posted the part that was left out in spoiler tags on page 1 which explains what happens with Gil. By extension Kotomine is resurrected with a fake heart (this ends up being important in Heaven's Feel route)
AH! So he never really regains himself since having a FAKE HEART = to having fake feelings thus never being truly yourself since one has no more their emotions hence their heart. Is that right?

SPOILER NOW! PM me the HF part of why it's important and all. No worries I will love you for it.
Yumekichi11Jun 23, 2012 10:50 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 23, 2012 10:46 AM

Sep 2007
Awesome series. I love it from beginning 'til the end, and I'll watch it again for sure! <3

Jun 23, 2012 10:57 AM

Oct 2010
ssjokg said:
Seriously I have seen so many different versions of Kiritsugu finding Shirou and still cried after this.
Overall great episode and although not a perfect adaption(yes I would like to see everything in in FZ and other adaptions) it was still a very good one 10/10.

I wait to see people's reaction to Sakura's words although I dont understand why they added some kind of malice(?) in her words.I dont mind it but who knows for first time viewers .

The scene in the LN:
WTF IS THIS? Sakura was so brainwashed I am to understand that she never realized being abused by worms is SICK? WTF is that? So Zouten in thee end had total brain control over Sakura since his worms were under his control and the illusion was just that.

After reading this I need some pic of stuff that shows Zouten dying. Anyone PM me this would give me something to look at it while being relived. THIS IS SICK! Zouten is hated more now by me since I know how much of a shit he is in controlling Sakura herself.

Jun 23, 2012 11:00 AM

Sep 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
I leave in your hands a little discussion in the spoiler
is this some kind of Joke? Is this a new Rider type to come in the future or ???? I found it just now around the NET. Imagine they put her instead of Alexander, oh the magical girl notion suddenly. ROFL!

That's Astolfo from Fate/Apocrypha. It's a guy (trap).

Yumekichi11 said:
I also find baffling the following poster in the spoiler
truly I have no idea other than a girl to love this poster.

Also Gilgamesh naked was O_O GTFO out of my face this body of his. It's for girls not my eyes.

What do you find baffling about? You do realize girls in Fate always get useless fanservice posters all the time?
Jun 23, 2012 11:03 AM

Jul 2010
Thus ends my favourite anime for this year :( I will really miss this show. Lets pray for Heavens Wheel to created in a anime too!
Jun 23, 2012 11:06 AM

May 2009

lol.
Jun 23, 2012 11:07 AM

Oct 2010
Thess said:
Yumekichi11 said:
I leave in your hands a little discussion in the spoiler
is this some kind of Joke? Is this a new Rider type to come in the future or ???? I found it just now around the NET. Imagine they put her instead of Alexander, oh the magical girl notion suddenly. ROFL!

That's Astolfo from Fate/Apocrypha. It's a guy (trap).
Really? Oh I see, damn I sure got trapped in that case. I have no idea of what Fate series is it but does it come before HF or after?
Thess said:
Yumekichi11 said:
I also find baffling the following poster in the spoiler
truly I have no idea other than a girl to love this poster.

Also Gilgamesh naked was O_O GTFO out of my face this body of his. It's for girls not my eyes.

What do you find baffling about? You do realize girls in Fate always get useless fan service posters all the time?
Yeah I know but I meant other than that reason being a factor.

Jun 23, 2012 11:07 AM

Jun 2011
10/10.
UFO did a good job. Looking for Heavens'Feel(which everyone knows won't come up....at least not in a couple of years)
Jun 23, 2012 11:11 AM

Aug 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
ssjokg said:

The scene in the LN:
WTF IS THIS? Sakura was so brainwashed I am to understand that she never realized being abused by worms is SICK? WTF is that? So Zouten in thee end had total brain control over Sakura since his worms were under his control and the illusion was just that.

After reading this I need some pic of stuff that shows Zouten dying. Anyone PM me this would give me something to look at it while being relived. THIS IS SICK! Zouten is hated more now by me since I know how much of a shit he is in controlling Sakura herself.

It would be more accurate to say she stopped caring after all this and Kariya's death was the last nail in the coffin.

About Zouken here
Jun 23, 2012 11:11 AM
Feb 2012
Well, it was a helluva ride.

Now... the wait for blurays.
Jun 23, 2012 11:13 AM

Jan 2010
stAtic91 said:

lol.

*saves*
Jun 23, 2012 11:14 AM

Mar 2010
awww its over...
i hope they make a movie
Jun 23, 2012 11:14 AM

Sep 2010
NNick said:

It'll be fleshed out in blurays (they cut the scene). OR SO I HOPE.

Along with flying droplets, the black mud cracked and dispersed away. The foreign object that it could not digest even with having mobilized all its hatred appeared from within the black mud.
Within the burning ruins, he once again stood upon the ground.
The perfect, Golden-proportioned body was no longer the spirit form that it had taken during its time as a Servant, but a true flesh body. The black mud that denied all life crystallized the impurity within itself and then abandoned it, but the result had been that a certain Heroic Spirit had realized his wish of obtaining a corporeal body and returning to this world.
Jun 23, 2012 11:15 AM

Aug 2009
stAtic91 said:

lol.

So that's how he does it.Those Sparkles!!!
Jun 23, 2012 11:16 AM

Nov 2011
stAtic91 said:

lol.

LOL +1.

Saved tbh.
Jun 23, 2012 11:21 AM

Mar 2011
stAtic91 said:

lol.

I swear only Gil can pull off that KING POSE flawlessly.
Jun 23, 2012 11:22 AM

Sep 2010
Yumekichi11 said:

The death of Kariya emotionally killed her. After that, no matter what Zouken did to her, she wouldn't respond. It was frustrating for him because he liked to torture her not just with rape, but also poisoning her food, experimenting by adding pieces to her soul (like the uh GRAIL).

Only after meeting Shirou, Sakura was able to regain her emotions. She was still in control until HF, where he reacts at her romantically and she's at loss because for the first time in 11 years, she is happy and has hope.

Enter Zouken to use that crack in her armor to push his control.

Really nice fanart:

ssjokg said:
stAtic91 said:

lol.

Kirei still ignores him. LIFE IS HARD FOR GILGAMESH.
Jun 23, 2012 11:29 AM
Feb 2012
So Ilya Will Dies in Fate Stay Night ?
Jun 23, 2012 11:31 AM

Feb 2011
Now its shiro's turn. go save the world. next fate stay night season 2.
Jun 23, 2012 11:33 AM

Aug 2011
Daaaaang. Naked Gil.

Well, fuck, it's over. What am I going to do on Saturday mornings now? I will go read up more of the Fate stuff now on the wikia because some stuff is hard to understand. It was so sad how Kiritsugu never saw Ilya again... His own flesh and blood. I guess it was good how he adopted Shiro though. Did the Grail cause all that destruction and the fire thing? That part was a bit confusing.
Jun 23, 2012 11:34 AM

Sep 2010
NNick said:

Jun 23, 2012 11:43 AM

Nov 2011
Well, that was a nice ending, and serves as a good lead-up to F/SN for those not exposed to it yet. Having read the F/SN VN, the ending was pretty much exactly as expected. Though I expect the results and effects of the war to be considerably confusing for people not as familiar, and I felt it wasn't tied up as well on that end. Overall, the series was good but disappointing. The characters were easily the weakest aspect. As for the story, the Fate universe laid a good foundation, though I question their direction in some of the episodes. Nonetheless, it was an enjoyable watch.
Jun 23, 2012 11:50 AM

Dec 2007
dankickyou said:
mistress_kisara said:

>VN
heh? You mean LN

Lol, sorry FSN was the VN and FZ was the LN :P
Jun 23, 2012 11:56 AM

Mar 2009
Thess said:
ssjokg said:
stAtic91 said:

lol.

Kirei still ignores him. LIFE IS HARD FOR GILGAMESH.

Hey, but there's some progress. He cared enough to get him something for cover. Gilgamesh may manage to get some of his attention in the next 10 years... at which point Kirei will ignore him for trollz.

*and totally saving that fanart*
Jun 23, 2012 11:58 AM

Dec 2010
Amazing series, and a great ending, granted it was bitter, but that was a given from the get go

Sakura kind of pissed me off, i mean seriously thats what you say to the guy who died trying to save you T_T, its like any sense of feeling already died off, so in a sense even if he succeeded one may question if he would have saved her since it seems the Sakura he cared for is long gone. I once again tho felt bad for Kiritsugu, lots of people give him hate, and while his dream was naive and way to idealistic to be ever be true, that doesn't make it a bad one, His last talk with Shirou was a bit symbolic one what it means to a be hero, or at least thats how i took it, it was a good way to end it, by Shirou promising to fulfill his wish, and light shinning on Saber once again.
Jun 23, 2012 12:01 PM

Aug 2009
Plz dont hate Sakura.It's not her fault she became like this.
Jun 23, 2012 12:04 PM

Oct 2010
Thess said:
Yumekichi11 said:

The death of Kariya emotionally killed her. After that, no matter what Zouken did to her, she wouldn't respond. It was frustrating for him because he liked to torture her not just with rape, but also poisoning her food, experimenting by adding pieces to her soul (like the uh GRAIL).

Only after meeting Shirou, Sakura was able to regain her emotions. She was still in control until HF, where he reacts at her romantically and she's at loss because for the first time in 11 years, she is happy and has hope.

Enter Zouken to use that crack in her armor to push his control.

Really nice fanart:

HMMMMMMMMMM! :D Indeed I heard of much of that and certainly it's a nice debate to start after this series as of this episode to move on into the Fan Art and the HF world. However the realization and planning like many say may take over 3 years or more to do so. Less you want a DEEN adaptation of it that is. Careful planning of this arc and taking into account all mistakes done in this series no matter how small and of DEEN should be primordial.

That being said I hope to see HF sometime in the future no matter how much more gross it might get on many levels. If HF can bring me a Zouten death then I shall be happy indeed.

Jun 23, 2012 12:07 PM

Apr 2011
Jun 23, 2012 12:22 PM

Mar 2011
It was a little sat episode but for the rest is epic.But why Gil was naked ?
Jun 23, 2012 12:27 PM

Sep 2011
Reminds Me Something...

>Beginning Of Fate/Stay Night Episode 1.
>Gilgamesh VS Saber On The 4th Holy Grail War?

Now Where The Heck Is Saber VS Gilgamesh Fight Here?

Oh Well... Nevermind That Confusing Part.

10/10

I Never Knew Fate/Zero(Or Ufotable) Will Put A "Fanservice" For "Us"...

stAtic91 said:

lol.

ROFLMAO! You Won 1000 Internets! :D

Jun 23, 2012 12:28 PM

Jul 2007
I guess that I can finally post this:

Ten years after the events of Fate/Zero, by the time of Fate/Stay Night, Waver takes over Kayneth's position of El-Melloi and becomes one of Rin's instructors at the Clock Tower.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change, change the form of man. Free the might from fleshy mire. Boil the blood in heart of fire. Gone, gone the form of man. Rise the demon, Etrigan!
Jun 23, 2012 12:39 PM

Oct 2011
Great series with some minor flaws. Ending was handled nicely though, and for that I give this anime a 9/10.

Looking forward to see the Blueray DVD for the Saber vs Berserker fight

Jun 23, 2012 12:56 PM
Feb 2012
Thess said:
NNick said:

Oh Great, Kiritsugu Might AS Well Have Killed Her By Himself Then, Such A Wonderful Child. Meh. Basically In Fate Universe , Everyone Dies.
Jun 23, 2012 1:06 PM

Aug 2011
Jun 23, 2012 1:12 PM

Jun 2010
8/10

Pacing issues and,inconsistent quality of the episodes, but overall an enjoyable experience.
Jun 23, 2012 1:15 PM

Dec 2010
So sad. Saber. Kiritsugu. Ilya. Rin. Sakura. Aoi. Kariya. Lancelot. Irisviel. Maiya. Rider. Waver. Maybe Kayneth and Sola and how can we forget Lancer,heck even Tokiomi. Only Caster and Archer teams were horrible.Such a sad ending. SO sad. for SO MANY CHARACTERS. a heartwrenching 9/10. i hate sad endings. even though i knew it was coming.
"If you don't love anyone, it'll make your life easier. But, I don't want to believe it's useless to love anyone" - Hikari Sakishima
Jun 23, 2012 1:21 PM
Dec 2007
For those who were confused by Fate/Stay Night anime: No, nowhere in Stay Night do they show you Saber and Archer duking it out. The only moment Saber mentions she fought Archer was when she says Archer proposed to her (which is what happened last episode) and she sayd she did exactly what she did in the Fate/Zero episode, Try to strike him. Most people believed that was an implication they duked it out but no, she only says she tried to strike him which is, more or less what happenned.

Jun 23, 2012 1:25 PM

Sep 2010
PleinairUsagiDrp said:
Reminds Me Something...

>Beginning Of Fate/Stay Night Episode 1.
>Gilgamesh VS Saber On The 4th Holy Grail War?

Now Where The Heck Is Saber VS Gilgamesh Fight Here?

There was no fight in the novels, it was just Gilgamesh shooting swords to her leg. She was barely alive after the beating Lancelot gave her.

Saber's vague fight was "trying to not die on spot".
ThessJun 23, 2012 1:30 PM
Jun 23, 2012 1:32 PM

Sep 2008
Sigh, there're rarely shows this good nowadays, that makes this one ending all the sadder. I loved the ending this time. And all the premonition about Shirou and hero stuff.

If only ufotable made Unlimited blade works, my life would be complete...sigh...pitty it's already made and there're no chances of that happening. Pity, such a pity.

Well, there goes that, and I'm oh so going to miss it. Hopefully next ufotable work is just as good as this one.

8/10
Pages (27) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - May 12, 2012

589 by frieren2024 »»
Apr 26, 4:02 AM

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

13 by Ain2Zwei »»
Apr 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 9, 2012

728 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 18, 2:06 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 28, 2012

585 by goodwake »»
Mar 9, 11:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.