Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 5, 2007 12:59 PM
Overlord

Nov 2004
Before you post a suggestion, please use the top "Search" feature and make sure your suggestion hasn't already been asked. After you've done that, go ahead and make a post. Please try to be as detailed as possible so that I can best understand what you're suggesting. The better you describe it, the easier it is for me to tell you if it can be done.

Also, keep in mind that I'm only one person. I sometimes miss, forget, or lose suggestions. If I haven't responded to your suggestion, or I said I was going to do it and it has been quite a while with no update/response, please post again in the SAME thread you created and ask for an update. I'll be happy to let you know what the status is. :)

Thank you.
KinetaMar 7, 2022 5:41 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Sep 5, 2007 1:01 PM

Mar 2005
If I may add, also please remember to not only be detailed in the post, but be descriptive in the title as well. "I have an idea!" is a really lame title that doesn't say anything about your suggestion. This goes as well for threads in other boards, but especially so in the suggestions board.

Also, please read the FAQ before posting!
_Ghost_Dec 16, 2015 10:42 AM
Apr 24, 2011 1:04 PM

Dec 2007
Due to the current lack of forum search functions, a list of approved and rejected suggestions that are commonly posted will be available below here. This list will be updated in time.

The following suggestions have already been posted and rejected:

• "Adding an embedded chat-room"
    MyAnimeList.net already has an IRC channel. You can connect with your client (irc.rizon.net/Myanimelist), or use the browser based client.

• "Add X as category (X: Games/Visual Novels/Movies/Books/etc)"
    Anime and Manga is already enough work to maintain. As with the previous suggestion, the amount of work and people actually making use of it would not even out.

• "More open spots for favorite anime/manga/character/staff"
    No. If you desperately need more spots, use the blog function.

• "Add more languages to the website"
    This needs no elaboration.

• "Add more digits in the rating (e.g. 7,5 instead of the floored 7)"
    Implementing this would require some work. Next to that, most people don't use anything lower than 4. If you want to make your ratings more accurate, balance out the entire list by scoring some series down.

• "Add a won't watch list"
    There is no valid reason to let other people know you're not going to watch a specific anime. If you wish not to receive a certain anime on the suggestions board, you can at least add it to your list and mark it as 'dropped'.

• "Add tag clouds/Add your genre compatibility percentage"
    This is too intensive for the database.

• "Add forum ranks"
    We do not encourage elitism, therefore no.

• "Add pick-a-random-anime button"
    So far, there aren't any intentions to add something like this due to several issues.

• "Decide the pictures on anime/manga through a rating system"
    There is no guarantee that the best picture will get the most votes, and people will certainly try to get as many votes for their own contribution as they can. So instead, simply submit the picture with our current system and hope for the best.

The following suggestions have already been posted and approved, yet are either hard to find or planned later on:

_Ghost_Sep 16, 2016 3:00 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Review Guidelines

Kineta - Mar 25, 2013

6 by firefractal »»
Dec 14, 2023 12:01 AM

Sticky: » Site & Forum Guidelines

Kineta - Nov 9, 2012

8 by Tensho »»
Jul 12, 2023 2:41 AM

» Interest Stack Guidelines

firefractal - Apr 6, 2022

0 by firefractal »»
Apr 6, 2022 7:46 PM

» Discord Rules

Kineta - Dec 2, 2017

1 by Kineta »»
Dec 2, 2017 10:22 AM

Sticky: » How to Become a MAL Moderator

Kineta - Oct 5, 2015

6 by Kineta »»
May 19, 2016 1:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.