Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 16, 2012 11:16 AM

Sep 2010
Dusk252 said:
Well, I've been saying for ages that this should have been a double episode. Still, while I haven't seen it yet, it does seem by what you guys are saying that the battle between Saber and Berserker is pretty much butchered. And well, I Saber's willingness to give up is a pretty important thing on that scene - I don't know how they made it but I think I'll rage if it seems to be - as you say - a fair win.
As for Rider, it's truth he prioritized Waver's safety, but it's not guaranteed he'd win otherwise. Besides, we only see Waver's opinion on the matter in the LN. I think that was actually a fair fight.

Anyway, it does seem Saber's bullying has been taken down a notch in the anime, which I really don't appreciate.
By the way, what about the scene with Gilgamesh - was that at least properly adapted?

It was never a fair fight because Rider was weakened and flat out said earlier he wouldn't be able to use the chariot at full power. Gen stressed how weakened Rider was and then added another excuse of why he gave it up (you can tell he doesn't like Saber and had her won merely for plot armor reasons).

Bullying is a general label, Rider was no more a bully than Shirou, misguided and wishing to save her. Kiritsugu bullied her more.

Yumekichi11 said:
As a final though Fuuuuuuuuu that illusions of Irisviel being killed by Kiritsugu. It was RAGING and DEPRESSING!

That was foreshadowed since episode 1.

Next episode: Gil's mud shower, Saber's suffering, Kirei laughs a lot, Kiritsugu saves a little boy from the fire.
Jun 16, 2012 11:19 AM

Aug 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
........]

The whole IrixIlyaxKiritsugu scene as fake dont worry,The real ones wouldnt act so calm anyway with all the mud etc...

And Kirei was shot in the heart.As for the "Eclipse" it was like that both FSN VN and FZ LN.
Jun 16, 2012 11:19 AM

Feb 2010
Lumathy said:
ssjokg said:
Lumathy said:
dankickyou said:
Lumathy said:
RAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

WHY IS UFOTABLE RUINING MY FATE/ZERO GODDAMNIT!!!!!

Seriously, I knew this would freaking happen the moment I saw the preview last week. URRRRR. Rushed ART, rushed DEATH, rushed PROPOSAL, everything RUSHED.............. WHY???

To make you buy the BD's what else. I refuse to believe a studio like Ufotable would tarnish the penultimate episode unless its for a purpose. That purpose=$$$$$$$$$$

They did this with episode 11 too. Episode 11 was longer and they fixed some art in the BD version but overall the ART DROP is still noticeable compared to other eps. Seriously DERP FACE everywhere this episode. And that pacing? HORRIBLE!! DURRRRRRRWhy the hell do they always fuck up the important parts? CURSE YOU UFOTABLE I'm not buying your BD!!!

IMO ep 11 was fine compared to this

At least now people can shut up about UFOtable doing Heaven's Feel adaption, seeing that they can't even handle the pacing of a LINEAR novel with clear plot, there's clearly no hope for them to pull off a VN adaption.

Only this episode was dramatically bad handled in terms of adaptation,the others was average to very good.
Jun 16, 2012 11:22 AM

Sep 2010
ssjokg said:
Yumekichi11 said:
........]

The whole IrixIlyaxKiritsugu scene as fake dont worry,The real ones wouldnt act so calm anyway with all the mud etc...

And Kirei was shot in the heart.As for the "Eclipse" it was like that both FSN VN and FZ LN.

The point was that Kiritsugu would do it and his real wish wasn't saving the world (how shocking! Could it be that Kirei was right about him being dumb?).

JoaoZangetsu said:
Only this episode was dramatically bad handled in terms of adaptation,the others was average to very good.

Episode 17 was bad too.
Jun 16, 2012 11:25 AM

Dec 2010
For all the people who thought it wwas bad or 2/5 or anything like that,well,you guys are the ones who are actually trolling. it's sad to see everyone bashing this episode JUST because of the fact that they didnt adapt as much as there was in the novel. its just sad to watch. being an anime-only viewer of the fate series,i found this episode to be the BEST in the series. YES,THE BEST. and any person who hasnt read the novel would definitely agree with me. it wasnt rushed,and it definitely didnt feel unresolved or anything like that.
"If you don't love anyone, it'll make your life easier. But, I don't want to believe it's useless to love anyone" - Hikari Sakishima
Jun 16, 2012 11:32 AM

Aug 2009
Sam1198777 said:
For all the people who thought it wwas bad or 2/5 or anything like that,well,you guys are the ones who are actually trolling. it's sad to see everyone bashing this episode JUST because of the fact that they didnt adapt as much as there was in the novel. its just sad to watch. being an anime-only viewer of the fate series,i found this episode to be the BEST in the series. YES,THE BEST. and any person who hasnt read the novel would definitely agree with me. it wasnt rushed,and it definitely didnt feel unresolved or anything like that.

Lancelot suddenly being stabbed by Saber was ok huh?
Jun 16, 2012 11:33 AM
Sep 2009
Linkark07 said:
By the way, the lack of a Emiya remix is disturbing.

EMIYA is not really Kiritsugu's theme though. It's more of Shiou's one.
Jun 16, 2012 11:34 AM
Sep 2011
Cratex said:
As someone who has not read the source material, nor gives a flying shit about it, I thought this episode was awesome.

I agree wholeheartedly with this, what people here clearly aren't understanding is 3 things:
A. This is not fate/zero, this is an ADAPTATION under the same name of the original light novel of fate zero, and as such there will be changes kind of like how when a book becomes a movie they will cut out or change some scenes and you have to accept that and it is really dumb to believe that what you are seeing will be exactly the same.
And plus for people complaining about the fight scene between Kirei and Emiya being different...wouldn't you prefer a good but new fight scene rather than just watching a fight you have already seen a second time.

B. The Berserker fight was a disappointment, but it is not a butchering of the original fight in any way? Why not? Because there isn't a scene to begin with, how can they butcher a fight they had to leave out due to time restrictions? The correct terminology for this is that they: Left out the Berserker fight.

C. It costs money to air a show in two time slots as you need to pay the network for that time slot, now with the incredible animation on this show, the amazing fight scenes and all the extra's they are putting in this blu-rays and the FOUR animation directors for this episode alone do you not think it is expensive enough for them already without having to pay out for an extra time slot, plus if they only add 10 minutes which to what I hear they are then what are they going to do for the other 13 minutes a show need to have to air in a 30 minute time slot? This is not a trap for making you buy the blu-ray this is simple logic.

And to you people who are complaining that this shows how incompetent Unfotable is and how they should never make an adaptation of any more fate stay material like Heavens Feel, it is one bad episode out of 26 and they have a budget and a time frame. So what if they slipped up on the last two episodes a bit they still did a great job on it in my opinion, or maybe we should just go ahead and give it back to Studio DEEN.

Jan 2009
Sam1198777 said:

^This, yeah i feel really disappointed that the VN/LV readers are so mad, get that they need to shorten thing the best way possible, it always happens, i haven't read the novel and the only thing that i didn't like very well was the whole Saber vs Berserker fight just because i fell it to short.
Signature removed. Please check your private messages.

Feb 2010
JoaoZangetsu said:

Episode 17 was bad too.

Only just some lack of development(Kirei's wife),the rest like the kirei feelings towards his father was developed in other ways.
Sep 2009
ssjokg said:
Sam1198777 said:

Well, I know that it is cut from the BD version and that the anime is more like teaser for the BD one, so I kinda accept it as it is.
Jun 16, 2012 11:35 AM
Jul 2010
Thess said:
Dusk252 said:
Well, I've been saying for ages that this should have been a double episode. Still, while I haven't seen it yet, it does seem by what you guys are saying that the battle between Saber and Berserker is pretty much butchered. And well, I Saber's willingness to give up is a pretty important thing on that scene - I don't know how they made it but I think I'll rage if it seems to be - as you say - a fair win.
As for Rider, it's truth he prioritized Waver's safety, but it's not guaranteed he'd win otherwise. Besides, we only see Waver's opinion on the matter in the LN. I think that was actually a fair fight.

Anyway, it does seem Saber's bullying has been taken down a notch in the anime, which I really don't appreciate.
By the way, what about the scene with Gilgamesh - was that at least properly adapted?

It was never a fair fight because Rider was weakened and flat out said earlier he wouldn't be able to use the chariot at full power. Gen stressed how weakened Rider was and then added another excuse of why he gave it up (you can tell he doesn't like Saber and had her won merely for plot armor reasons).

Bullying is a general label, Rider was no more a bully than Shirou, misguided and wishing to save her. Kiritsugu bullied her more.
Hum... When I say "bullying", I was meaning it in a general way, not referring to Rider (and seriously, other than Irisviel I don't see anyone else to whom that description would fit so badly - he actually tried to help her). If you notice, it's even in a different paragraph and all...

Of course Rider was weakened. But it was a fair fight, considering the circumstances, as everything relied on the parties involved (Rider only fought her because he wanted).

I also don't think it's a matter of Gen liking Saber or not. In fact, in one of the postfaces it is mentioned the whole point of Fate/Zero is to show the Kirei/Kiritsugu animosity and make Saber suffer xD
Jun 16, 2012 11:36 AM

Mar 2011
Sam1198777 said:

So people don't have to right to be disappointed now??? You DO know that we're disappointed because we LOVE F/Z and know that they could have done a much better job at adapting this episode right?
Jun 16, 2012 11:36 AM

Jun 2010
Am I the only one who doesn't understand why Kiritsugu decided to destroy the Grail? I did not read the novel, so I have no background information whatsoever. Was that his original plan, or did he did the dream he had in the Grail cause him to change his mind? If so, I don't understand why we would change his mind. From what I recall, Kiritsugu's goal was to rid the world of war and suffering. But he didn't exactly know how he would do that, and that's why he needed the Grail, a "miracle". Did the dream in the Grail cause him to come to the realization that, in order to attain world peace, many lives would have to be sacrificed? Kill the few to save the many - that's always been his way of life, hasn't it? If he had been so intent on accomplishing his goal up until now, did the dream sequence cause him to feel so remorseful that he would essentially abandon his lifelong dream? Or was it an act of defiance - a realization that he didn't need the Grail to achieve what he wanted. If that's the case, his decision to kill Irisviel in the dream makes a little more sense, since she is the vessel of the Grail.
Jun 16, 2012 11:38 AM

May 2012
I was still happy that Kirei got owned 90 % by Kerry
This will stfu all the "Kirei stronger than Kerry" people.
That's the only thing that was really 5/5 in this episode
Sore Wa Himitsu Desu
Jun 16, 2012 11:41 AM

Aug 2011
Fuck I can't even bring myself to make a comment. I practically bawled through the entire episode. My god. Kiritsugu. I can't even think of anything to say. MY EMOTIONS. I guess I'll just resort to reading other comments now.... I don't want episode 25 to ever come because then it's gonna be over :'(
Jun 16, 2012 11:42 AM

Dec 2009
Veldril said:
Linkark07 said:

EMIYA is not really Kiritsugu's theme though. It's more of Shiou's one.

But he got a remix in the drama discs: Emiya Time Alter.

That song is more like the badass theme of the Emiya family.
Jun 16, 2012 11:44 AM
Dec 2011
Why people saying they should cut the ED too? Has people forgotten that Episode 11, 17 and 18 which have no OP still have ED played? It's a must for a TV airing to show their staffs credits, so of course the ED can't be cut out.

The only thing seems awkward was Saber vs Lancelot, but the rest was okay. The fight between Kirei and Kiritsugu seems a little bit rough, but they will fix it in BD. And trust me, they will include all of the scenes in the blu-ray. I mean Season1 box set has literally every scene and dialogue uttered in the novel, so it's weird if they start cutting things out this late.

And just because they didn't adapt everything doesn't make the episode itself is bad. They explained what is necessary and then wrapped it up quite good without the anime-only viewers being confused. In the end ufotable achieved their goal to adapt it into a tv anime and making it easily accessed by new Fate fans.

Aug 2009
Thess said:
ssjokg said:
Yumekichi11 said:
........]

The point was that Kiritsugu would do it and his real wish wasn't saving the world (how shocking! Could it be that Kirei was right about him being dumb?).

He wanted to save the world it's just happens that the wish wouldnt have that result.As for Iri and Ilya yes if he had done the wish they would die too(probably he too).But we cant say that he would absolutely kill them when some days ago he asked Iri to run away from the war and it was Iri that didnt agree.Also

Sam1198777 said:

Sery said:

^This, yeah i feel really disappointed that the VN/LV readers are so mad, get that they need to shorten thing the best way possible, it always happens, i haven't read the novel and the only thing that i didn't like very well was the whole Saber vs Berserker fight just because i fell it to short.
edl01 said:
Cratex said:
As someone who has not read the source material, nor gives a flying shit about it, I thought this episode was awesome.

I agree wholeheartedly with this, what people here clearly aren't understanding is 3 things:
A. This is not fate/zero, this is an ADAPTATION under the same name of the original light novel of fate zero, and as such there will be changes kind of like how when a book becomes a movie they will cut out or change some scenes and you have to accept that and it is really dumb to believe that what you are seeing will be exactly the same.
And plus for people complaining about the fight scene between Kirei and Emiya being different...wouldn't you prefer a good but new fight scene rather than just watching a fight you have already seen a second time.

B. The Berserker fight was a disappointment, but it is not a butchering of the original fight in any way? Why not? Because there isn't a scene to begin with, how can they butcher a fight they had to leave out due to time restrictions? The correct terminology for this is that they: Left out the Berserker fight.

C. It costs money to air a show in two time slots as you need to pay the network for that time slot, now with the incredible animation on this show, the amazing fight scenes and all the extra's they are putting in this blu-rays and the FOUR animation directors for this episode alone do you not think it is expensive enough for them already without having to pay out for an extra time slot, plus if they only add 10 minutes which to what I hear they are then what are they going to do for the other 13 minutes a show need to have to air in a 30 minute time slot? This is not a trap for making you buy the blu-ray this is simple logic.

And to you people who are complaining that this shows how incompetent Unfotable is and how they should never make an adaptation of any more fate stay material like Heavens Feel, it is one bad episode out of 26 and they have a budget and a time frame. So what if they slipped up on the last two episodes a bit they still did a great job on it in my opinion, or maybe we should just go ahead and give it back to Studio DEEN.

Where were you guys last weekend when people were rating FZ 1/5 because Rider lost?

And the ones that are complaining here were really satisfied until now so why not learn what you are talking about?

Mar 2011
TheWitcher said:
I was still happy that Kirei got owned 90 % by Kerry
This will stfu all the "Kirei stronger than Kerry" people.
That's the only thing that was really 5/5 in this episode

KIREI PAWNED Kerry with his BARE hands. He remains awesome while Kerry continue to make stupid decisions and got cursed for life.
Jun 16, 2012 11:45 AM
Feb 2012
Kiritsugu is now my third favorite anime character next to L and Light.
So kick ass and will sacrifice anything/anyone.
Jun 16, 2012 11:46 AM
Sep 2011
Arisuchan said:
Am I the only one who doesn't understand why Kiritsugu decided to destroy the Grail? I did not read the novel, so I have no background information whatsoever. Was that his original plan, or did he did the dream he had in the Grail cause him to change his mind? If so, I don't understand why we would change his mind. From what I recall, Kiritsugu's goal was to rid the world of war and suffering. But he didn't exactly know how he would do that, and that's why he needed the Grail, a "miracle". Did the dream in the Grail cause him to come to the realization that, in order to attain world peace, many lives would have to be sacrificed? Kill the few to save the many - that's always been his way of life, hasn't it? If he had been so intent on accomplishing his goal up until now, did the dream sequence cause him to feel so remorseful that he would essentially abandon his lifelong dream? Or was it an act of defiance - a realization that he didn't need the Grail to achieve what he wanted. If that's the case, his decision to kill Irisviel in the dream makes a little more sense, since she is the vessel of the Grail.

You are pretty much spot on. The only way Kiritsugu knew how to save the world was to kill the minority and save the majority. He relied on the grail to grant him a miracle to outright save everybody. Unfortunately, the Grail couldn't do this and would only continue upon his current method. Killing Irisviel was him denying the Grail.
Jun 16, 2012 11:47 AM

Aug 2009
NNick said:

Not quite sure how a char like this(Light too) can become a favorite but anyway
Jun 16, 2012 11:52 AM

Jun 2010
Perloo said:
Arisuchan said:

You are pretty much spot on. The only way Kiritsugu knew how to save the world was to kill the minority and save the majority. He relied on the grail to grant him a miracle to outright save everybody. Unfortunately, the Grail couldn't do this and would only continue upon his current method. Killing Irisviel was him denying the Grail.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I'm really glad that things turned out the way they did. If there really was a miracle that could magically erase all war and suffering, that would be absurd, since conflict is inherent in human nature.
Oct 2010
Linkark07 said:

ii thoguth the exact same fkn thing -_- wouldve preordered set 2 right on the spot as it played
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Feb 2012
Both Kiritsugu and Light a.k.a Kira will do anything in order to obtain their ideals. That's how I see it.

I , personally, would pull the trigger and kill 2 people in order to save 6 billion other people, i wouldn't care if I was cursed or not.
Jun 16, 2012 11:53 AM

Dec 2009
Perloo said:

Plus if he used the grail for whatever he wanted Angra Mainyu, the evil god of the persians, would be born. For a reason he is called the Evil of all Worlds.
Jun 16, 2012 11:53 AM
Dec 2011
Oh, and we do essentially already have a 26 episode series, Episode 1 (double episodes) + 24 ep= 26 episodes. Fate/Zero do have a length of a 26 episodes series, it's just numbered for 25 only.

And before someone complains that it's unfair that people have to buy the blu-ray to see unfinished product, remember Bakemonogatari was the same, with slideshows and screen cuts during the TV airing. The argument was that in the end TV airing is just an advertisement for the blu-ray, so purposely leaving things out is alright for business purposes(and a good marketing strategy too, Bakemonogatari is now the most best-selling anime blu-ray after all).
Jun 16, 2012 11:55 AM

Mar 2012
Sam1198777 said:

I haven't read the LN. But the pacing definitely felt wrong. Kiritsugu vs Kirei was badass. Saber vs Berserker though, felt rushed. It felt meaningless and it was such a quick death, almost like Assassin. I would've expected more dialog between the two, especially since they have history together. That's the only gripe I really have with this episode, since I cannot compare the dream sequences with the LN.

Aug 2009
NNick said:
Both Kiritsugu and Light a.k.a Kira will do anything in order to obtain their ideals. That's how I see it.

I , personally, would pull the trigger and kill 2 people in order to save 6 billion other people, i wouldn't care if I was cursed or not.

In this ep he didnt kill anyone except Kirei

Dec 2009
NNick said:

Become the god of the new world and kill anyone who doesn't agree with you are ideals?; I admit his intentions were good at the beginning, like Kiritsugu, but unlike Kerry, Light became crazy just in the second episode.
Jun 16, 2012 11:56 AM

Oct 2011
The good:

Kiritsugu vs Kirei was epic just as I imagined; loved the OST "the battle is to the strong", it fit that scene perfectly.

The bad:

Saber vs Berserker felt mediocre at best. Now I haven't read the LN, but even I know this scene could have been done a lot better. Hope the fight will be fully shown on BD.

Overall this series probably won't be getting a 10 from me. It'd be a different story if they had made this episode one hour long, like what they did to the first episode. Oh well...

Jun 16, 2012 12:00 PM

Feb 2009
Arisuchan said:

Kiritsugu wanted the grail because he expected it to come up with some magical way to fix human nature that he doesn't know of. All he knows is how to sacrifice a smaller number to save a larger number, but if you keep doing that over and over on a global scale eventually there's nobody left. This kind of wish coincides with the will of the grail quite well, some background info:

F/SN + F/HA VN spoilers:
Jun 16, 2012 12:06 PM
Feb 2012
Linkark07 said:
NNick said:

Become the god of the new world and kill anyone who doesn't agree with you are ideals?; I admit his intentions were good at the beginning, like Kiritsugu, but unlike Kerry, Light became crazy just in the second episode.

Doesn't matter though, he saved people and stopped wars, that's the only thing that matters. Sure he lost his mind, but he probably accomplished more than all police combined in 100 years.
Jun 16, 2012 12:09 PM

Aug 2009
NNick said:
Linkark07 said:
NNick said:

Doesn't matter though, he saved people and stopped wars, that's the only thing that matters. Sure he lost his mind, but he probably accomplished more than all police combined in 100 years.

What matters is what he wanted and world peace wasnt that.Being God was his goal
Jun 16, 2012 12:15 PM

Dec 2010
ssjokg said:
Sam1198777 said:

No that wasnt okay,but i wouldn't say that it ruined the episode for me. Judging on the rest of the scenes,the episode was great.
Lumathy said:

So people don't have to right to be disappointed now??? You DO know that we're disappointed because we LOVE F/Z and know that they could have done a much better job at adapting this episode right?

Being disappointed is one thing,but bashing the episode on a whole new level is another. I'm not gonna talk about how great the adaption could've been,because idk how it was like in the novel,but i do know that it was a great episode,and we shouldn't whine about the scenes that were cut,because we know we'll obviously get some,if not all,of those scenes in the BDs.
"If you don't love anyone, it'll make your life easier. But, I don't want to believe it's useless to love anyone" - Hikari Sakishima
Jun 16, 2012 12:15 PM

Sep 2010
NNick said:

Which bit him in the ass? if wasn't for Shirou, he would be a loser.

Sam1198777 said:
Being disappointed is one thing,but bashing the episode on a whole new level is another. I'm not gonna talk about how great the adaption could've been,because idk how it was like in the novel,but i do know that it was a great episode,and we shouldn't whine about the scenes that were cut,because we know we'll obviously get some,if not all,of those scenes in the BDs.

It was a bad adaptation. You can criticize it until they show you the final product.
Jun 16, 2012 12:16 PM
Feb 2012
ssjokg said:

What matters is what he wanted and world peace wasnt that.Being God was his goal

And He Was doing a better job than any confession's god.
Jun 16, 2012 12:17 PM

Jul 2010
Seven pages already....

Anyways, action wise it was awesome but there definitely was some missing action between Saber and Berserker
Jun 16, 2012 12:19 PM

Aug 2009
NNick said:
ssjokg said:

For some reason I worry about you...
Jun 16, 2012 12:21 PM
Sep 2010
Arisuchan said:

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I'm really glad that things turned out the way they did. If there really was a miracle that could magically erase all war and suffering, that would be absurd, since conflict is inherent in human nature.

Idk about that. I think the Grail could probably grant his wish, but the Grail is corrupted and evil so the Grail would just kill everyone to grant world peace.
Jun 16, 2012 12:23 PM

Aug 2009
fimbu1vetr said:
Arisuchan said:

Idk about that. I think the Grail could probably grant his wish, but the Grail is corrupted and evil so the Grail would just kill everyone to grant world peace.

Well we dont really know if the grail can grant any other wish except for reaching the Root
Jun 16, 2012 12:24 PM
Feb 2012
ssjokg said:
NNick said:
ssjokg said:

For some reason I worry about you...

You clearly don't know/use Pojo forums. I'm NN.
Jun 16, 2012 12:25 PM
Mar 2012
Epic episode. Having read the L/N version myself i was kinda disgruntled by the trimming down of some parts of the battle between Saber and Berserker (The Flashbacks, The fact that The L/N specifically stated that Saber was defeated, or even the line "As if I am Loyal Knight which was replied by "Indeed you are!" by the teary Saber). But other than that, Ufotable pretty much outdid themselves. The Battle was awesome (Though i remember the battle being much longer in The novel, too), and the scene within the grail sent chills down my spine, and the cliffhanger was perfect.....10/10
Jun 16, 2012 12:26 PM
Sep 2010
ssjokg said:
fimbu1vetr said:
Arisuchan said:

Well we dont really know if the grail can grant any other wish except for reaching the Root

I'm pretty sure it can; it wanted Kiritsugu to make his wish no?
Jun 16, 2012 12:28 PM

Aug 2009
fimbu1vetr said:
ssjokg said:
fimbu1vetr said:
Arisuchan said:

Well everything it's speculation anyway so we will never reach an answer.And since it's corrupted that tried to make Kerry to carry on with his wish doesnt matter
Jun 16, 2012 12:29 PM

Aug 2010
I feel dissapointed. While the episode was great overall, I really looked forward to the Berserker vs Saber conclusion, but it just didn't stay true to the novel's version of it. I guess that was mostly because of the fact that the second season is only 12 episodes long, unlike the first season when it was 13 episodes long. One thing I hope is that they don't count out the death of Kariya, assuming he didn't die right away just now.

Another point though, it was terrible to watch Kiritsugu killing Ilya and Iri (Even if they were just fakes). About anyone would have broken down by doing that, and he almost did.

And now, Berserker is our eleventh to leave us.

The final episode is coming up. I'm sad to see this series go, and it didn't feel long.
Jun 16, 2012 12:32 PM

Feb 2011
Way to go Kiritsugu! kill your child and wife, and order saber to destroy the grail. that will solve your problem.
VenneriaJun 16, 2012 12:38 PM
Jun 16, 2012 12:34 PM
Sep 2010
ssjokg said:
fimbu1vetr said:
ssjokg said:
fimbu1vetr said:
Arisuchan said:

Well everything it's speculation anyway so we will never reach an answer.And since it's corrupted that tried to make Kerry to carry on with his wish doesnt matter

Is it speculation? I was pretty sure I read either in the LN or wiki that the Grail can grant wishes, just corrupts them so it causes death/destruction.
Jun 16, 2012 12:40 PM

Dec 2010
Kiritsugu vs Kirei was freaken epic; but it seems that it caused Saber vs Berseker to pretty much disappear; which is ok for me since i preferred the first fight anyway. I feel bad for Kiritsugu tho, people will likely be raging on what he did just like when he set up Lancer; and while i haven't read the novel i thought it was implied well enough that the Grail was corrupted and that making a wish would only bring chaos, at least thats what i got from the black rain, dialogue, etc. Also Saber proved yet again that she has been one of the low points of a otherwise amazing show; can't wait for the final episode.
Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - May 12, 2012

589 by frieren2024 »»
Apr 26, 4:02 AM

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

13 by Ain2Zwei »»
Apr 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2012

1325 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 9, 2012

728 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 18, 2:06 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 28, 2012

585 by goodwake »»
Mar 9, 11:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.