Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Mysterious Girlfriend X
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 19, 2018 8:02 AM

Sep 2012
TravSavage said:
chubakaman said:
Was I the only one who cringed when he told the story about putting that strand of hair in the plastic container and taking it out to smell it?

Damn, Tsubaki's a kinky bastard xD

Well, I didn't cringe but I was definitely disturbed by that. Then, Hayakawa comes with how she took a boy's mug and kissed the part where he drank from o_0

Was anyone else besides me getting yandere vibes from Hayakawa?
AddleBoy said:
chubakaman said:
Was I the only one who cringed when he told the story about putting that strand of hair in the plastic container and taking it out to smell it?

Damn, Tsubaki's a kinky bastard xD

I know, right? He collects hair from the girl he likes to smell it later, and he "accidentally" licks some of Urabe's drool. I'd be surprised if he didn't build a shrine of Hayakawa in his closet like Helga from Hey Arnold!

Hayakawa's no better. Stealing a coffee mug so she could kiss the spot where the guy she liked drank from it. lol

what can i say, kinkiness is strong in this anime lol

Vikopaulum said:
ProBoner said:
OMG... I didn't realize until this episode how awesome Urabe's voice really sounds! Having to listen to Hayakawa for the first 15minutes was almost painful XD

Agreed!

And also, Tsubaki, why are you being such an enormous dumbass, when you have such an awesome girlfriend?! >_<"
Not that good of an episode though, I don't really like this twist in the story.
DarkShards said:
If he just told Urabe the truth, then everything would be just fine! He totally deserves what hes about to get!

he just wants to help her

& he didn't say a thing to Urabe cause he thinks she gets mad & say's u cant go when he feels like helping a person

but still he should have told Urabe despite that

i only blame that cunning bitch & not MC

-Quasar said:
Tsubaki going full retard. I don't care if it's one day or one hour, that's cheating and much worse than Urabe letting the soccer guy taste her drool.

sins when is helping some1 cheating?

he didn't say a thing to Urabe cause he thinks she gets mad & say's u cant go when he feels like helping a person

but still he should have told Urabe despite that, but that's not cheating

randompadley said:
feel kinda sorry for urabe in this one, she deserved the truth, I get he's just trying to be a nice guy..... I think if someone came up and said that to me I'd want to help them out... but you just know its not going to come across like that :/ next episode should be very interesting indeed!

i agree

TaquishaJohnson said:
Hayakawa's a bitch, but Tsubaki's hardly much better -- first he tells Hayakawa he doesn't have a girlfriend, then he lies to Okabe about his plans for Sunday? He should have been honest with her and told her what was happening. I hope they both get scissored to shreds.
Atavistic said:
Tsubaki's a fucking retard. Why would he lie about having a girlfriend? Why would he still buy the idol magazine despite Urabe's reaction last ep? Why would he then lie to Urabe about hanging with Ueno to be with Hayakawa? And why the fuck would he then almost lick her drool and fake a relationship with her?

I'm sure it won't happen, but if Urabe found out about this and dumped him I really wouldn't blame her at all. Not when Tsubaki is a grade A retard.

he didn't say he has GF cause he thought it should be secret sins they keep it a secret in school

other stuff u can read above

sheeeeps said:
wow this anime was really great until Tsubaki turned into the protagonist from School Days.

ur comparing him to that man whore, compare to that man whore he is saint, read my txt above to

hes trying to help some1 & that immediately makes him like that man whore? ur kidding right? lol

Hagorama said:
Tsubaki boi you dead to me
I can see the school days ending lurking over you.

UraBAE doesn't deserve this.

(lol, Tbh this series is pretty good. I still get weirded out by the drool thing but I think its the only series with romance I liked)

u should read all this above trough

i know this are old posts so i don't expect response cause who would remember stuff from this way back, but new ppl who watch this may learn something from this

Re-Watching
Sugram22Feb 19, 2018 10:05 AM
May 4, 2018 11:17 PM

Mar 2018
Wow. This episode suddenly took a turn for the dramatic. Much more so than what we've seen from this series so far.

The scene with Hayawaka's drool in the middle was suspenseful like crazy. I was very happy that Tsubaki restrained himself from tasting it. But god damnit, Tsubaki! Don't lie to Urabe! :( Well, Tsubaki has always been stupid. I wish he would grow smarter. I still feel with him, though. He was under a lot of pressure.

This episode is very much about the communication problems that young couples (and people in general) have. I very much hope that they grow in the next episode and learn to be more open and honest with one another.

basmimarsinan said:
It was really nice to see the tears coming down when she offered her drool though.

Yeah, that was sweet. :)

Atavistic said:
Why would he still buy the idol magazine despite Urabe's reaction last ep?

Many people here are shaming on Tsubaki for buying more Imai Momoka magazines. I completely disagree. Tsubaki has every right to look at pictures of that girl, and Urabe has no right to forbid it. She cannot expect him to be content and fulfilled with their relationship when they still have this many walls and boundaries between them.

Urabe's vandalism on his magazine in the previous episode was an act of abuse which Tsubake chose to forgive; it was not something she had any right to do.

Urabe doesn't exactly put in a lot of effort to strengthen their relationship or encourage Tsubaki to invest further emotions in her. She barely ever even smiles at him! For all their moments of closeness, they are still very distant. Tsubaki, for all his ineptitude, at least regularly tries to escalate their relationship.

In summary: I think people are hating on poor Tsubaki way too much. He is weak and stupid but very well-meaning. Urabe has plenty of flaws of her own, which people choose to ignore. Urabe remains very aloof and intimidating. I would not feel safe sharing my fears and weaknesses with her were I in Tsubaki's shoes. It is no wonder that Tsubaki is afraid to confide in her; he is afraid she might actually cut him with those scissors of hers. In fact, I think people here are being downright misandric, insisting that Tsubaki is obliged to be open with her whereas she is allowed to threaten him with physical violence. In my eyes, they are both equally flawed (and I still love them both).

MorningGlory said:
Are all girl have such strange habit like letting other people to lick their saliva ?....

I agree that this is strange; other girls in this world are surprisingly quick to adopt the spittle-sharing practice.

Sugram22 said:
he didn't say a thing to Urabe cause he thinks she gets mad & say's u cant go when he feels like helping a person

but still he should have told Urabe despite that, but that's not cheating

Atavistic said:
Why would he lie about having a girlfriend?

he didn't say he has GF cause he thought it should be secret sins they keep it a secret in school

I am glad that at least a few other people sympathize with poor Tsubaki and the pressure he is going through. :)
Mar 29, 2019 3:59 AM

Aug 2017
Tsubaki is being an idiot now. This should turn into School Days and Mikoto should finish off Tsubaki.
Jun 23, 2020 6:01 PM

Mar 2016
What the fuck is wrong with Tsubaki? I was defending him like a few episodes back, and now he lies to Urabe to hang out with the bitch that rejected him time ago ? He will loose your girlfriend for a girl that doesn't care for him at all, I hope he realizes what he's doing before it's too late, but definitely I want to see Urabe punishing someone.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Nov 18, 2020 1:37 PM

Mar 2013
Subaki-kun is an idiot. And he's like "I'm sorry Urabe" as he walks into the festival to meet that girl >:( like no you aren't. You're trying to be respectful to this girl from middle school, so you completely disrespect your current girlfriend who you love? Smh
Nov 21, 2020 5:55 PM
Jul 2020
this girl's sus levels are THROUGH. THE. ROOF.
Apr 15, 2021 3:01 PM
Dec 2018
MC is a spineless moron as usual but, hold on, it isn't as if Urabe didn't tell some guy she was going to think about his confession and then stick her finger in his mouth while wearing no pants. Not sure why everyone is losing it now when people were defending her before. I guess it is only ok for one person to test if their relationship is strong.
Gab5Apr 15, 2021 3:10 PM
Jul 27, 2021 10:59 PM
Jul 2021
tsubaki basicaly ddosed himself
Aug 1, 2021 4:15 PM
Dec 2017
goddamn what a great show this is.

Oct 6, 2021 3:57 PM

Mar 2010
I can't blame tsubaki for helping out a gal pal, but holy shit he should be more transparent with this kind of shit lolz ofc his gf would be against it or perhaps not be against it if she watches or trusts him enough to do it out of good will, either way holy shit loving this drama.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 20, 2021 1:51 PM
May 2020
Hayakawa lowkey a demon. flipping hell, shes making me scared of females
Jan 3, 2022 12:38 PM

Aug 2013
And here we go, usual near-end drama. I hope it will be resolved quickly and that she will regret it
rsc-plJan 3, 2022 1:00 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 17, 2022 4:47 PM
Jun 2022
this episode made me really dislike MC after being a bumbling idiot the entirety of his conversation with his past crush and blushing non-stop as well as basically cheating on drool girl Tsubaki is a loser and doesn't deserve the affection of Urabe also all the drool scenes are gross.

The scene where he talks about the strand of hair made me pause the episode and cringe to myself. Tsubaki deserves to be manipulated I had a neutral likeness to him, but now I think Urabe should break up with him and past crush reveals he was being manipulated by her and that's how the show ends, there is like zero appeal to Tsubaki I don't know how anyone could like him this episode. truly a poor performance.
EpiwssaJul 17, 2022 4:57 PM
Jul 20, 2022 5:36 AM

Apr 2020
Well this sure was a challenging episode to watch. Hayakawa goes for the rebound and with Tsubame having a little left nostalgia of his junior high past, he took the seductive NTR bait!!!

Thankfully Oka is smart enough to remind Urabe that our boy might be lying on her for the first time (in a while), and I wonder what will happen when things unravel.

You know it's ironic, the cultural festival for this anime we did got, but because of the circumstances, it was a cultural festival that we don't need.
Aug 9, 2022 5:50 PM
Apr 2021
Cant believe Hayakawa is trying to break up Urabe and Tsubaki
Aug 14, 2022 9:31 PM
Jun 2022
I seriously don't think I will watch another episode of this series because of this episode and how Tsubaki completely ruined it for me by being a dumbfuck who blushes at the smallest shit imaginable. very sad I liked the show 6 or 7\10 until this single episode.
Nov 9, 2023 2:01 PM
Mar 2022
todos me gustaron
Dec 15, 2023 3:56 AM

Aug 2019
netori queen(?).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 1:46 PM

Apr 2008
What is this anime

All the women in this anime are super toxic, Oka is pretty much the closest to not being toxic...

but of course the anime needs some type of garbage conflict for the finale
So we get a painfully stupid idiot plot to wrap things up
Feb 12, 10:52 PM
Feb 2022
hayakawa is such a weirdo loser
Feb 19, 2:59 PM

Sep 2016
definitely the worst episode so far. i really love this series and i do think it's admirable that the show puts effort into showing how imperfect and naive tsubaki truly is as an adolescent high school boy with his first girlfriend, but jesus fuck LOL i hope urabe beats the shit out of hayakawa and tsubaki. i want to buy into hayakawa as a character, there could be a lot of really interesting things to explore with her character as she's clearly psychologically unwell, but she seems like nothing more than a plot device. that scene where she walks into her room, all alone with nothing but her thoughts, could've been a really cool opportunity to expand on her innermost thoughts and motivations, but it just seems like she only functions as The Psycho Crazy Bitch character and nothing more. i will applaud that the show implies that she really isn't interested in tsubaki -- hayakawa just wants to be loved, by anybody. i would've rolled my eyes if the show was trying to imply that tsubaki is so irresistible that somehow he's able to get the attention of some girl he knew like three years ago LOL
Feb 23, 12:02 AM

Oct 2010
That freaking witch! Also poor decision from mc, I thought he was better than that
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 23, 2012

80 by Aoboba »»
Feb 23, 12:43 AM

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

106 by Aoboba »»
Feb 23, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 2, 2012

82 by Aoboba »»
Feb 22, 11:40 PM

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 30, 2012

176 by BL4Z333 »»
Feb 14, 2:27 PM

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - May 26, 2012

101 by BL4Z333 »»
Feb 12, 9:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.