Forum Settings
Forums
Negima!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2008 2:40 PM

Aug 2007
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well.
Kotarou proved that he isn't that worthless.
And Nodoka asking for Fate's name must mean that Fate Averrencus (sp?) is not his real name.
Sep 26, 2008 8:30 PM

Feb 2007
Darkreaper70 said:

Well.
Kotarou proved that he isn't that worthless.
And Nodoka asking for Fate's name must mean that Fate Averrencus (sp?) is not his real name.

Techincally, she never learned it. But I'm sure Kotarou could have told her. I'm sure he knows it. When was there ever suspicion that it wasn't his real name? But it may still go either way.

One crazy idea I've been thinking about is that Fate's real name may actually be longer and connect him to royal blood. Heck, he may even be similar to Asuna.
Sep 26, 2008 10:30 PM

Mar 2008
Setsuna as winged samurai is the biggest win this week XD

Next chapter might be flashback though...
(Fate and Nagi)
Sep 26, 2008 11:00 PM

Jul 2008
so now we hope we can get some backgroundinfos about fate, or he has somekind of a barrier.

Sep 26, 2008 11:44 PM

May 2008
Alright Kotarou showed some cool skills.
Sep 27, 2008 12:48 AM

Aug 2007
Ah Tsukoyomi you are so awesome...eat Secchan up will you I'm just dying to see that ;-)

Meh I'm not seeing any casualties...lame
Sep 27, 2008 1:13 AM

Jun 2008
Come on, a girl who nearly wets herself while fighting is definitly the best, win or lose.
It's good to see so many interesting points, packed up in one chapter like that. It's at times like these where we see Akamatsu's strong point as a writer.
Sep 27, 2008 2:13 AM

Dec 2007
This chapter was nice, I really thought "It’s over now" when Nodoka asked Fate’s name.

Looks like we still got some waiting to do before Yue reunites with the rest of the gang thou, about two or three chapters I'm guessing at least.
Sep 27, 2008 5:53 AM

Dec 2007
This chapter was preety cool: Kotarou with Kaede-ish techniques, Setsuna fightinh her battle-horny rival, Asuna ... well, whatever is gonna happen with her will be cool since involves 2 new enemies, and Fate was starting to own Negi just to get Owned in the last page by Nodoka. Now to wait for chapter 228 to see what she can find about him.
Sep 27, 2008 10:13 AM

Jul 2008
Setsuna beginning to fight this chapter was just win. I'm really looking forward for the future chapters now!
This will be fun to learn Fate's past and such!
Kotarou is usually a pain in the butt to watch but he really did a nice job this chapter :]
Getting exciting!~
Bleed for me.

Sep 27, 2008 4:09 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
suprising how Akamatsu is so good with battle-oriented shounen. Much more constructive and entertaining than Bleach or Naruto...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 27, 2008 4:47 PM

Jun 2008
Oh, yes. Watching Kotaro drop his hot-blooded habits was sort of proof of that.
Sep 28, 2008 8:51 AM

Dec 2007
c'mon is that all negi can do? man he suck.. fates barrier was awesome but it can be cancelled out with a single wave of asuna's sword... does anyone notice anya has been missing since like.. world war 2? i got a feeling she met with takemichi and that sniper girl..
Oct 7, 2008 2:05 AM

Jun 2008
Fate most likely isn't human. Let's go over what we know here...

1. His barrier is definitely not a human technique.
2. Eva identified him as "probably not human", some sort of puppet or creation.
3. He uses EXACTLY the same spells as Hermann (That old guy who Negi and Kotaro fought when Kotaro first came to the academy) : The water teleportation, petrification, Eternal Petrification.
4. Fate himself said "Since I have never needed training..." This might mean he was created with that knowledge of advanced spells and martial arts.
5. Both he and Asuna appear to be part of the war 20 years ago- Most likely, Asuna was placed in a stasis field of some sort for 20 years to safeguard the rest of the magical world, just in case they tried to use her powers to destroy the world again. Fate may have been placed in a stasis field too, OR as an alternative, he might be a creation, meaning he can live as long as he is not destroyed.
Oct 7, 2008 1:16 PM

Feb 2007
eddyak said:
5. Both he and Asuna appear to be part of the war 20 years ago- Most likely, Asuna was placed in a stasis field of some sort for 20 years to safeguard the rest of the magical world, just in case they tried to use her powers to destroy the world again. Fate may have been placed in a stasis field too, OR as an alternative, he might be a creation, meaning he can live as long as he is not destroyed.

She was with what was left of the Ala Rubra for all of those 20 years, as far as we know.
Oct 8, 2008 4:18 AM

Jun 2008
But, for those twenty years, she didn't age a single year. She was admitted into Mahora, at an (apparently) early age, and has aged like a normal teenager til now.

I don't think even those of Ala Rubra could do something like that.

I would be inclined to suspect Chao and her time machines had something to do with it, since it was "roughly 20 years ago", meaning the World Tree's power might have been active at that time (Once every twenty two years, but the last one was activated in just 21 years), but I believe that would be too easy an explanation.
Jun 11, 2009 2:25 PM

Jul 2008
so it seems fate has an entire cadre of girls willing to fight for him, just like negi!
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
May 16, 2015 12:45 AM

Aug 2012
Wow, Kotarou was all over the place this chapter, literally. I have to admit, the ending with Fate & Nodoka caught me off guard but Kotarou may have just proven himself to be one of the most vital players in taking Fate down with Nodoka too obviously.

Also, this is the only series I know where skill difference is shown via skirt-flipping.
Dec 4, 2017 6:25 AM
Jul 2018
Why... are they all girls?

At least you could say Negi teaches in an all-girl school so it was to be expected, but Fate, you have no excuse.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Chapter 7 Discussion

-DxP- - Jun 1

0 by -DxP- »»
Jun 1, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Chapter 6 Discussion

-DxP- - Jun 1

0 by -DxP- »»
Jun 1, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Chapter 3 Discussion

-DxP- - Jun 1

0 by -DxP- »»
Jun 1, 8:03 AM

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Chapter 2 Discussion

animalia - Jun 26, 2016

1 by -DxP- »»
Jun 1, 7:52 AM

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Chapter 1 Discussion

Vegaplus - Jan 5, 2011

5 by -DxP- »»
Jun 1, 7:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.