Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 11, 2008 7:41 PM

Sep 2008
funny..like always
Oct 12, 2008 11:00 AM

Mar 2008
Awesome!

It was even better than the TV series. The amount of good jokes per minute was much higher.

Best parts were the MMORPG-parodies and the Cinderella dream.

I missed the Konata voice. Good to have that OVA.

8/10 (because the frog part didn't fit into the Lucky Star mood, and the very long live-action part at the end was nice but uncalled for)
Oct 12, 2008 3:04 PM

Aug 2008
i'm kinda dissapointed i was expecting the tv series kind of humour but in the ova it was more like "throw a cake to the face" kind of humour,ok ova,not what i was expecting
Oct 12, 2008 3:34 PM

May 2008
as for me, i didn't found this OVA as good as it supposed to be..

I liked only 3 "parts":
1) an online-gaming part. they did a nice job to show the atmosphere of MMORPG, and I really enjoyed watching twin-n00bs and overexperienced Kona&sensei(sorry dont remember her name) in the same party. "Can u speak without slang?!" XD "press enter" xD
2) a part in the forest. and Kona-chan, scaring and scaring poor Tsukasa over and over again..
3).... Lucky Channel. yeah, i dunno why, but i liked it. They played the roles not bad and I was just imagining how they would look like if they were an anime characters (i mean the way we have seen them in the show before)

7/10. not excellent, not bad.
my english sucks, but who cares

Oct 12, 2008 9:15 PM

Jun 2008
it was kinda boring
Oct 12, 2008 9:28 PM

Mar 2007
okay since you fools finally watched it all :)

love how most people who hated it, just say they hated it with no reason or excuse or example :) Anyways after series OVA's are usually some sort of fanservice. If you were expecting some serious business story or plot then youre looking at the wrong show. This is all about SITUATIONAL (and sometimes sketch) comedy and this OVA caps the show perfectly.

Anyways if you still need your Lucky Suta fix, feel free to stop by LuckyChannel! I got links to image sites, forums, stores to buy lucky star merch and even an constantly rotating preview of the manga!
RanivusOct 12, 2008 9:32 PM

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Oct 13, 2008 1:44 PM

Apr 2007
Just deserved a 10 from me, loved every single bit, parodies, cosplays, gags, bah everything made me enjoy this OVA. Glad soo glad to see them all back, the live-action at the end was nice too :3
Oct 13, 2008 6:27 PM

Aug 2008
Just watched EnA's sub, and thought that it was pretty hilarious!!
It didn't live up to my expectations as much as I hoped it would, but it still gave me lots of laughs!
The mmorpg scenes were really funny!! I found the scenes in which those guys pwned each other particulary hilarious! XD
I also loved Kagami's cosplays of Tohsaka nd Hatsune :D
The live-action Lucky Channel segment was amusing, but not that funny :P
I did not get the part where they all turned into frogs though... Can someone tell me if they where humoring some anime/manga/game/otaku-related thing? I was confused at that part.
That aside, mostly everything was funny to watch! :P
Anyway, I rate this OVA at 8/10. I rated the series at 9. I liked the OVA but not as much as the series... I still recommend watching it though! xD
Oct 13, 2008 7:36 PM

May 2008
The one with Minami's dog is was really funny,"Baka inu!"

Music is from the soul~ ♥
Oct 14, 2008 1:08 AM

Apr 2007
Not as good as the series, it felt more forced. But some parts were enjoyable.

7/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 14, 2008 3:07 AM
Sep 2008
I loved this, especially when Tsukasa was trying to speak in the game and she couldn't figure out how to do it. also the part about that Stats after leveling up.

Konata was funny as a witch, which looked like nagato in her wizard outfit.

I liked Tsukasa's face after her sister woke up from her cinderella dream,
"I want to #$*@& Konata".
Oct 14, 2008 11:57 AM

Feb 2008
I lol'ed at the Jet Stream Attack.

The live-action Lucky Channel was a huge gamble but i enjoyed it as well.

I miss Lucky ☆ Star..
Oct 14, 2008 5:33 PM

Jun 2007
That made me laugh. I thought the whole online gaming thing was funny.

Tsukasa was pretty cute this episode, but she still pales in comparison to the might that is Kagami!

I want a tank-house like in this OVA! I thought the constant outfit changes for Kagami were funny, but the shrine-maiden was still the best.

The Zetsubou Sensei references were great as well!

I need more Lucky Star. This wasn't enough!
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Oct 14, 2008 6:09 PM

Apr 2008
I rated it the same as the TV Series. An 8/10 for now. I might bring it down.

I love the cosplay stuff, MMORPG, Tsukasa's idiocy, Konata's scary stories, and more of it.

Hayate Combat Butler's Zero parody is way better though. I hated the Lucky Channel. I wanted the anime characters more than the VAs itself.

Oct 15, 2008 12:50 PM

Sep 2007
<3

I miss you lucky star @w@

Oct 15, 2008 5:39 PM

Oct 2007
I am watching this for the second time now and I had to comment on this:

The MMORPG scenes...did anyone else pay attention to the background characters? I don't know if this was the scene Genix was referring to but when those two guys electrocuted the other one to death (plus the idiot running around the water fountain) while the girls talked was hilarious. Or the time were the guy ran passed them only to be shown dead on the ground as they caught up and walked passed him. Or the extra guy in the victory pose. Or what looked like two girls awfully close to each other by the fountain staring and holding hands (with a dead guy on the side.)

If we got 80% or higher let me know! :)
Oct 16, 2008 12:28 PM
Dec 2007
Yeah, the MMORPG scene was just chock full of silly references to what you would expect in a real-life MMORPG. There was a lot of stuff happening in the background like the schizo idiots running around, the gankers, the random dead bodies from people who are afk, and even the "butt in on other people business" bastards. They seriously nailed that part down, and most of the show was spot on and could even say it surpassed the regular series in laughs-per-episode (you have to admit that among the whole season, there were a lot of failed episodes).

I seriously can't see what kind of expectations people had for this OVA to not have satisfied them (and here I am talking about the people who actually like Lucky Star, not the trolls who never liked the series to begin with so are just polarizing the fans by loudly proclaiming their hate). The only parts that really didn't fit in with the show was the last "pet-shop" skit, emulating Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (I might even say it failed "because" it was as random and pointless as Zetsubou Sensei itself), and the Live-action Lucky Channel, which while decent, lasted too long to the point you just wanted it to end already.

All in all, great OVA that succesfully evoked the charm of Lucky Star instead of just being a greedy tie-in like most extra OVA's.

Also, as pointed out by someone else, to great regret, Konata's family was not featured at all in the episode. Maybe they will compensate for this by adding them in another OVA, if this one proves to sell well (you totally know the top execs greenlit everything that equals big bucks).

Oct 19, 2008 5:54 PM

Apr 2008
this was an awesome OVA, the MMO scenes were so funny. the live lucky channel was interesting (to actually see akira-san's VA) but i almost fell asleep near the end. all in all it was great.
Oct 21, 2008 10:49 AM

Mar 2008
Wonderful ! Excellent ! That ova was so great ! The rpg part was epic. And "Cinderella" Kagami was epic too ^^ "I want to ***** with Konata" OMG i laughed so hard :D
Oct 21, 2008 12:20 PM

Jan 2008
Gotta say, I was in fits over the "Miwiki-san" part. Brilliant OVA, I loved it.
Oct 23, 2008 7:35 AM

Jan 2008
This OVA made me lol hard.
Lol@MMORPG A guy got pwned in the city. Nanako sensei went nerd during the Golden Week, Guy set up a store with godly legendary items while Konata was afk.
Loved the relations: "Ke-ro-ro, Ta-ma-ma", "Baka Inu!!". Tbh I expected some Gundam relations too but nevertheless, good OVA
Oct 24, 2008 2:11 PM

Nov 2007
Gah! once again Lucky Star reminds me Ive not watched enough anime... I didnt get half the references everyones on about here...
Oct 26, 2008 12:13 AM

Jan 2008
Poor Kagami and the dream, Tsukasa's reaction is amazing though. Volleyball scene is great as well. Absolutely loved the OVA, the mmo elements were hillarious. AFK haha

I still want more Lucky Star :(
Oct 27, 2008 8:45 AM

Jun 2008
apparently noone has noticed, that in the pet shop there was a reference to Soul Eater...

Just a note for ppl ^^
Oct 28, 2008 6:49 PM

Sep 2007
Lucky Star FOREVER~!~!~!~!~!~!~~!
JOIN ZERO REQUIEM

Nov 1, 2008 8:56 PM

Nov 2007
i wonder which real life mmorpg the scene is based on? it looks pretty fun.

my favorite parts were the petshop/frogs and konawitch. a little bit of mindfuck is quite nice.
Nov 1, 2008 9:43 PM

Jun 2008
Kagami as Miku was just amazing XDDD I nearly died at the leek, same with Konata's Yuki/Witch cosplay XDDDDD
Nov 2, 2008 1:15 AM

Oct 2008
them playing the mmorpg was funny
anyone notice the guy getting PKed in the background? and the afk part was funny

i cracked up with the frog part, i havent seen soul eater yet so i didnt get that reference
Nov 4, 2008 2:52 AM

Nov 2007
made of win!
Yay for Minami-chan!
Nov 11, 2008 9:28 AM

Jun 2008
WOOO!
CONFIRMATION THAT KAGAMI IS LESBIAN FOR KONATA GET!
Nov 18, 2008 10:19 PM
Jul 2008
Kitsune_H said:
WOOO!
CONFIRMATION THAT KAGAMI IS LESBIAN FOR KONATA GET!

O_o

dont say it out loud :P
Nov 21, 2008 1:25 PM

Nov 2008
The Lucky Channel part was kinda funny, You wa Shock xD lmao.
Speaking of the ova, it's not good as the anime, but hell, had to be watched!
Nov 27, 2008 5:21 AM

Oct 2007
nice ova.

i like the dream part, and the volleyball game
Dec 1, 2008 3:52 PM

Jul 2008
Kerero Gunso made their appearance :)

Dec 5, 2008 5:20 AM

Feb 2007
Very entertaining OVA, with plenty of funny moments. Although it's far from being my favorite Slice-Of-Life these days, it was nice to watch some new LS, the anime that took the anime world by storm last year.

Going to rate the OVA an 8/10, the same rating as the TV version.
Dec 6, 2008 4:34 AM
Mar 2008
High Points: The Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei reference, "This world where dogs aren't as cute as in the manga has left me in despair!!" (I forget the exact phrasing) and the Soul Eater reference, "That black cat isn't a witch, so don't even try to eat her soul!" (again, I forget the exact words) Oh, and the "I want to do *&"^! with Konata" xD 'larious :D

Low Point: Lucky Channel v_v At the start of the Lucky Star series, Lucky Channel was my highlight, but it's steadily deteriorated over the course of the episodes, and this OVA was no exception :[
Dec 10, 2008 10:53 PM

Jul 2008
is it me or does Minori's dog look like a polar bear? O_o

Dec 19, 2008 11:17 AM

Dec 2008
where can I download or watch the OVA? I thought it was going to come out later I didn't know it was already out.
Dec 19, 2008 12:30 PM

Dec 2008
Found it. Watched it. Loved it. When do you think they might make a new OVA?
Dec 20, 2008 3:37 PM

Aug 2008
I liked! It is not so good how much the series but is very good! I liked when they were playing online! Excellent!!!! :)
SECOND SEASON!!! PLEASE!!!!!
Dec 20, 2008 9:07 PM
Dec 2007
zhiying123 said:
is it me or does Minori's dog look like a polar bear? O_o
It's a husky I think...So yeah, "snow dogs".

Dec 23, 2008 1:58 PM

Jan 2008
Loved it ^_^

Jan 1, 2009 1:41 PM

May 2008
miniature said:
Live action Lucky Channel! :3

Loved seeing everyone again, although I wished there were more scenes with the secondary characters.

I want a second season :<

I want a second season too D: Maybe later this year there will be another OVA?

Music is from the soul~ ♥
Jan 8, 2009 2:53 PM

Aug 2007
apart from being cute in every possible frame, i found it a bit boring and mediocre at best.
well ofcourse it fun to spot references, but

sigh
maybe i just wasn't in the mood for this,
ichigo mashimaro had to rescue my day
Jan 9, 2009 6:27 PM

May 2008
LOL! that was awesome <3 i missed lucky star <3, the live action lucky channel at the end was pretty awesome too.
Jan 12, 2009 11:28 PM

Dec 2008
Loved the opening at Minami's house, Cherry is so much like my dog, you give him a treat and he'll drop it as soon as he puts it into his mouth and then he'll go bury it. Also it was hilarious when Cherry beats up Hiyori for the treat. I wish this OVA had more of Minami and Yutaka. <3

Start to finish... random and awesome 10/10

And the live action Lucky Channel... LMAO

There will never be enough Lucky Star. If there was one anime that I would want to on forever, Lucky Star would be it.

Feb 1, 2009 8:16 AM

Dec 2008
Lmao at the MMORPG Bit.
When Tsukasa was eating meat LOLOLOl
Oh man and after Golden Week, you can see how Kuroi-sensai really had nothing to do XDD

Oh that hilarious <3
I <3 Lucky Star, shame there's no moar :'(

~Abs
Feb 2, 2009 9:37 AM

Dec 2008
First ,I thought I wouldn't like this because I didn't watched Lucky star before.
I thought this was a show for girls or perverted guys XD

but I really liked it, the characters were so cute,and the humor is great.
Now I will start to watch the original show.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2009 5:05 PM

Feb 2009
I find the OVA much better than the series. All the sketches were pretty much funny and entertaining, they made me laugh much more than an average episode of LS.
Feb 11, 2009 5:55 PM

Mar 2008
It was for those that did not have enough of the original seies, either way it was a good idea, Looking forward to more...

心に宿る魂の声が聞こえる...
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Dub when?

Topkek_XD - May 9, 2016

3 by MrYandereFan26 »»
Feb 1, 2023 9:25 AM

» What did Kagami said when she woke up? SPOILER

Advyn - Aug 2, 2009

24 by removed-user »»
Dec 18, 2019 12:35 PM

» Cross-anime references have left me in despair!

Masadachan - Aug 19, 2010

2 by D-ohnuts »»
Nov 11, 2015 1:46 PM

» The OVA has been licensed!

desolato - Mar 14, 2009

5 by KidRyan »»
Jan 6, 2010 3:12 AM

» Lucky Star X D

AnimeRuS - Feb 3, 2009

2 by asandari »»
Feb 3, 2009 5:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.