Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2008 1:16 PM

Apr 2008
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Was hoping for more, what with 50 pages and all. But I guess this chapter was satisfying enough after such a long wait.
Sep 20, 2008 1:18 PM
Jul 2007
omg why damn it??? why we cant see a zero x yuuri . have you noticed that at the last 5 chapter we have a chapter where we think that yuuri and zero are ok and the next they are enemies and again they are good and again enemies......
Sep 20, 2008 1:21 PM

Aug 2007
NO ZERO...you are supposed to love her! OMFG! I can't believe they are gonna fight! How could Zero even think of fighting her!! WAAAAAHH! Zero I love you but what are you doing?! And Kaname is weird and bad like I always thought! I am so excited for Chapter 44! XD

All Hail Lelouch!
Sep 20, 2008 1:47 PM

Feb 2008
OMFG that was freaking EPIC!!!! I am so excited right now. The fight scene was awesome and I seriously am trying to keep myself from screaming out loud...

It's not looking good for Zero x Yuuki, but I guess it could turn around. Also, is Ichijou gonna kill himself? DD: (or just his grandpa)

Ugh! October is so far away still!!!

Sep 20, 2008 2:05 PM

Aug 2007
NOOO. D: Zero cannot Kill Yuuki yet.. ;.; I'd like to see Kaname's uncle be killed by Zero or Kaname. D:
Sep 20, 2008 3:02 PM

Jun 2008
I'm looking forward to Yuuki/Zero's fight.
Hope Kaname will kill the uncle. ( x_X )
Sep 20, 2008 3:15 PM

Dec 2007
D: zero x yuuki is suppose to be all love
now their fighting :(
grr, another long wait ><
xeraSep 20, 2008 3:23 PM
Sep 20, 2008 3:31 PM

Jan 2008
did you guys notice the side of page 25? (on onemanga) erm... who was ichiru (or zero) kissing? o_O;

moving on.

*sigh* i'm disappointed. the fight scene was nice but i'm like "bleh" now. i really do hope that zero kills yuuki. that's just me finally moving on from that pairing. i dunno... my love for vk is slowly fading away.

but i do know that if yuuki won't have him, i'll have zero's children =]
Sep 20, 2008 3:48 PM

Nov 2007
unless i read wrong, zero said yuuki was innocent but still was going to kill her. i think that in the end the love will come out. and where the hell is the chairman in all of this.
Sep 20, 2008 3:59 PM

Oct 2007
LOL, i am loving all the comments!!!

No Zero, Why Zero, Its should have been Zero x Yuuki, etc etc etc :P

We are getting a lovely fight scene next, although i thought at first it was going to be postponed... Also Ichijou senior vs Ichijou youngster :P lol cant wait for THAT fight, i like how Kaname let Ichijou handle it, i love how he trusts his people!
Sep 20, 2008 4:02 PM
Jul 2008
I was a bit confused with this chapter and with the action scenes.
So in the end, what I'm supposed get out of this is:
-Kaname used his powers to make everyone (the council?) pop their own heads,
-Zero shot Rido and he shattered or disappeared or something,
-Then he turns on Yuuki saying that he's tired of everything and that all the purebloods should just be taken out of the picture (I don't understand what "This will certainly be forgiven as well..." means),
-then while that's happening, Ichijou confronts his uncle and says 'lets put in end to the Ichijou line" whatever that means

Correct me if I'm wrong
Sep 20, 2008 4:22 PM

May 2007
OMG. Next chapter = Yuki vs Zero. Can't wait to see that!!! >3<

So Zero's power actually comes from the Bloody Rose, huh? Nice. Kaname would be very happy when he hears Zero actually killed Rido, haha. I wonder where Kaname is heading to now though, since he already distoryed the council...?

Anyway, this chp was awesome. The color spread looked great, but I hope it's not true. >3 i need next chp right now!

Sep 20, 2008 6:03 PM

May 2007
Okay, the Yuuki's character has seriously plummeted in my eyes. I don't feel she has any justification for her actions. As much as I want Zero to kill Yuuki, I know that's not going to happen. I wonder if Kaname will die in the fight with Ichijoe.

HealthHazard said:
-Then he turns on Yuuki saying that he's tired of everything and that all the purebloods should just be taken out of the picture (I don't understand what "This will certainly be forgiven as well..." means),

Well, Zero has always hated vampires from the very beginning, and from the very beginning, his goal was to kill all of them. Ridou said it himself, the purebloods have played with his life and used him to no degree. I'm sure Zero is just trying of being fucked around and wants to end everything.

Which goes back to the fact that I really want to see him kill Yuuki, or leave her within an inch of her life. Not sure what Kaname is up to ulimately (most probably trying to get rid of every opponent that could get in the way of him and Yuuki). But I feel like Kaname has another motive for getting Yuuki to love him. There HAS to be something else. Otherwise, we will not get the much needed drama of who Yuuki's heart will belong to at the end of the series.
Sep 20, 2008 6:07 PM

Apr 2008
I hope Yuuki and Zero don't fight but if they do its gonna be awesome! But there probably not going to... oh well can't wait for chapter 44 ^^

Breath||
Sep 20, 2008 7:01 PM
May 2008
that was awesome!
I may prefer KanamexYuuki to ZeroxYuuki, but I'm not totally against it and with the almost "on-again (friends)-off-again (enemies)" relationship between the two, I think we might see some more of this to come. And Yuuki did cry at the end...
lol I didn't even realize it was 50 pages! It definitely felt a lot shorter I guess with all the action.
And yeah I feel like there's more to Kaname's motives... but we'll just have to see...!
Sep 20, 2008 8:18 PM

Jun 2008
Cool chapter..
I cant wait to see Yuuki and Zero fighting each other..

Sep 20, 2008 8:46 PM

Jan 2008
This was a great chapter, almost worth the wait!

I mean Zero and Shiki in the same chapter already equal to a win, but Kaname looked particularly hot as well! The fight scene was awesome and I also got the impression that we got our old Vampire Knight back. The past few chapter have almost upset me, but this chapter made me feel the same way I did when I first read the series, which brought a smile to my face :)

Can't wait for the next!
Sep 20, 2008 9:02 PM

Dec 2007
AoiMemori said:
did you guys notice the side of page 25? (on onemanga) erm... who was ichiru (or zero) kissing? o_O;

Ichiru was kissed by Maria, you can tell that's her by how her hair looks like and her choker necklace
^^
Sep 21, 2008 1:25 AM

Apr 2008
I like the added humor in certain parts of this chapter, like when Yuuki steped on Idol-senpai. xD!!
Sep 21, 2008 3:39 AM

Sep 2007
XDDDD Rido actually died! I thought it would happen in the next chapters or something!
jhfdgkjfdhgdf ;___; I don't want Zero and Yuuki to fightttt fkhgjkdfhgjdhgfghg Zero loves her T___T
I want 44 :(((
Sep 21, 2008 8:32 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
vindemon64 said:
There HAS to be something else. Otherwise, we will not get the much needed drama of who Yuuki's heart will belong to at the end of the series.
The mangka (Hino) did originally say that VK was supposed to be a tragic love story, so there may be no happy couple ending T.T

Also, this isn't the end of VK, in case everyone's wondering. This is only supposed to be the end of the first arc. And I know it sucks, because chapters are so few and far between, that the series feels so far away from us and like it's ending, but it's actually not :) So may fans rejoice ^^

This chapter makes me wonder who the villian of the next arc is going to be... and it looks horribly like it's going to be Zero. But alas, maybe Yuuki will be able to bring him around during this fight, and the villian for next arc will actually be one of the other sleeping ancestors the council talked about :O

Which reminds me, the bat-energy-thing was really cool xD

As much as I hated Rido, you had to feel a bit for him in this chapter. If he would have been a little more sane, he could have been a nice guy. He was caressing Yuuki's face even as he faded away :(

Which brings me to another worry: Zero killed Rido easily, while Yuuki's weapon really had no effect, despite of its anti-vampire quality. Haruka also had little to no effect on Rido when they faught. And... Rido couldn't control Zero either, even though he's a lower level vampire. Because of Ichiru's blood? This makes me really afraid for Kaname!

And Takuma, you better not die!!
Sep 21, 2008 8:55 AM

Oct 2007
Kineta said:
And Takuma, you better not die!!
Seconded!

I wouldn't be surprised if the Zero x Yuuki fight doesn't get very far...I'm interested to see how it turns out anyways though. XD

This chapter rocked in my opinion. The fight was sweet and we still got some humorous points out of it all. ...now to wait a month...
Sep 21, 2008 9:11 AM

May 2007
Kineta said:
vindemon64 said:
There HAS to be something else. Otherwise, we will not get the much needed drama of who Yuuki's heart will belong to at the end of the series.
The mangka (Hino) did originally say that VK was supposed to be a tragic love story, so there may be no happy couple ending T.T

Also, this isn't the end of VK, in case everyone's wondering. This is only supposed to be the end of the first arc. And I know it sucks, because chapters are so few and far between, that the series feels so far away from us and like it's ending, but it's actually not :) So may fans rejoice ^^

Really? I didn't know that. I'm going to have to keep that in mind now when reading. It'll be interesting to see how things develop then.
Sep 21, 2008 2:03 PM

Jan 2008
good chapter.. but it would be better if it was a little longer.. and all the anticipation for the fight between yuuki - rido or zero-rido..they've been draggin past few chapter for the fight scene and it turn out that the action scene was a bit too short... and i dont think zero is the only one who killed rido... yuuki did stabbed her first then ended by zero

and kaname's comment on page 6 "a system that can no longer can tell good from evil is a system can no longer be used".... i have to agree with that one.... and i like how kaname trusted ichijou

talkin abou ichijou.. his comment about "ending the ichijou line".. doesnt that mean ending the ichijou's blood line? does it mean he mean to kill his grandfather and himself? i hope not...

and at the end... i am glad that yuuki decided to fight zero.. at least she is not being a coward... she choose to live at least..
MY SIGNATURE

Sep 22, 2008 5:43 AM

May 2007
So Kaname WAS the last Vampire King, which makes him Yuukis (great) grandfather. And he was resurected by Rido and co. by using Yuukis niichans body.
And then there are still fangirls favoring this multi incestoid relationship between Yuuki and Kaname. Zero's got a point. Time to release this purebloods out of their misery!
Sep 22, 2008 6:10 AM

Feb 2008
Zero T^T Don't do it! You love her too much to do that.
Now, go elope with her. Make Lolli happy.
Sep 22, 2008 7:02 AM

Aug 2008
Nice chapter ^__^ Better than the previous few. Wonder how long this series'll be?

I doubt Zero will actually shoot Yuuki.. though I don't care too much for those two characters lol.. Kaname all the way :D
Sep 22, 2008 10:04 AM

Jan 2008
Xeranthemum said:
AoiMemori said:

Ichiru was kissed by Maria, you can tell that's her by how her hair looks like and her choker necklace
^^

really now? when did that happen? o_O i may have blanked it out with all the zero love o-o;

inugami said:
So Kaname WAS the last Vampire King, which makes him Yuukis (great) grandfather. And he was resurected by Rido and co. by using Yuukis niichans body.
And then there are still fangirls favoring this multi incestoid relationship between Yuuki and Kaname. Zero's got a point. Time to release this purebloods out of their misery!

xD! i know! it's a total "come on! it's freaking wrong!"

i hope zero kills all =3
Sep 22, 2008 1:57 PM

May 2008
AHHHH WTH!!!! so much!! no no no zero cant point a gun at yuki thats just wrong!!!!!! and ichijou's gonna die NO!!!! wait.. so is kaname evil? So much info brain gonna explode!

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listens to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
Sep 22, 2008 4:27 PM

Apr 2008
OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!
they`re gonna fight?!
they can`t fight!
they`re supposed to love each other!
THIS IS`NT HAPPENING!!!!!! :(

oh and kaname is starting to creep me out

GO YUKIXZERO!!!
Sep 23, 2008 1:53 AM

Feb 2008
They probably won't even fight... but still, yay for Yuuki and Zero fight.

And isn't she the one who killed Rido, considering how she stabbed him with magical scythe and held in place during his incestuous monolgue long enough for Zero to shot? Honestly, I thought he was done for and before Zero shot... but than, when was a girl ever aloud to be kick ass in VK. It's all bishounen, bishounen, bishounen. So much, in fact, that my new VK OTP is Yuuki/Yuri.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2008 2:59 AM
Jul 2008
Zero won't Kill Yuki, if he wanted to he would have pulled the trigger. What his true intent is that he doesn't want to keep on living anymore and want to die by the hands of Yuki who he loves.
Sep 26, 2008 3:36 AM
Aug 2008
I'm not sure what I think of VK anymore. The last 10 chp or so have been all showdown at the academy. Am I the only one who miss how the series used to be? Now people are fighting each other and I'm begging to mix up things, it's hard to follow. People are changing and showing their true self and such.. It just don't feel like VK anymore.
I hope the series will slow down a bit when this arch ends..
But, I liked this chapter a bit more than the last chapters, maybe because we got to see Kaname's murderous self coming up to the surface, and personally, I was really fascinated when Rido was talking to Yuki in his last moment, it really surprised me, even if it was just a last try... How Yuuki kinda "gave in" showed that she's still weak, which makes me happy because I hate her.. ^.^ Well, that's my view.
Sep 28, 2008 3:44 AM

Apr 2008
Oh yeah *.*
Now we start the killing ;P
I loved the Zero against Yuuki *.* That "this probably will also be forgiven"... Poor Zero... He's still thinking it was a mistake to bite Yuuki and that it was forgiven cause it was necessary and that now it'll be the same... The purebloods "need" to end so although it's wrong for him to kill Yuuki he'll do it cause it's the "right" thing...
Oww, Zero is so awesome.. But I really feel sorry for him... He should forget Yuuki ;-; Not feel sorry for killing her u.u
Sep 29, 2008 3:39 PM

Mar 2008
AoiMemori said:

moving on.

*sigh* i'm disappointed. the fight scene was nice but i'm like "bleh" now. i really do hope that zero kills yuuki. that's just me finally moving on from that pairing. i dunno... my love for vk is slowly fading away.

but i do know that if yuuki won't have him, i'll have zero's children =]

I get what oyu mean with the love for it fading away
I still want Yuuki and Zero together. Cuz..eh i think they're a good couple. Screw Kaname, though he's hot as well and a good character: )

TheWildRose said:
I'm not sure what I think of VK anymore. The last 10 chp or so have been all showdown at the academy. Am I the only one who miss how the series used to be? Now people are fighting each other and I'm begging to mix up things, it's hard to follow. People are changing and showing their true self and such.. It just don't feel like VK anymore.
I hope the series will slow down a bit when this arch ends..
But, I liked this chapter a bit more than the last chapters, maybe because we got to see Kaname's murderous self coming up to the surface, and personally, I was really fascinated when Rido was talking to Yuki in his last moment, it really surprised me, even if it was just a last try... How Yuuki kinda "gave in" showed that she's still weak, which makes me happy because I hate her.. ^.^ Well, that's my view.

Yeah its completely different. Before I still had hope for zero and yuuki but now she told kaname she loved him. Gah. I still like her though I guess but not as much. Because it was cool cuz she was afraid of kaname and kinda romantic moments with Zero but meh. Maybe the tragic love story will only be for kaname(muhaha even though I think hes cool) and Zero and Yuuki live happily ever after until the new arc:)
One can hope.
Sep 30, 2008 7:46 AM
Mar 2008
It was well worth the wait. It was really fast moving and you got to see a bit of all the characters.
Yuuki landing on Aidou was pricless.
I can't wait to see waht happens between Yuuki and Zero on the nest chapter. I haven't given up on them yet.
I just don't trust or like Kaname anymore.
Oct 3, 2008 11:21 AM
Oct 2007
I loved it. ^^ I don't want Yuuki to die, trying to take Yuuki's point of view, whether she's fighting with herself for Zero or for Kaname is a complete confusing thing. If anything I'd say Yuuki might kill Zero, as she has the right, or Yuuki dies.... :( As for Kaname, he's always had a dark deposition of him. Not exactly evil because he loves Yuuki so much, maybe even a little too much.. But either or, I'd say this has always been shown, or coming for Kaname, his sinster-ness.
Oct 8, 2008 1:25 AM

Jul 2007
Omg finally something happened!

I don't think it was JUST Zero that killed Rido, Yuki did her fair share.

The fight between Yuki and Zero is going to be awesome! It'll totally go to the point where Zero/Yuki is just about to deliver the final blow and then of course brake down unable to do it, because Zero + Yuki = True love!

Ugh I hate Kaname... I'll totally not shed a tear when hes brutally murdered (I can dream...).

Ah i love Zero, if Zero dies... they'll totally need to set up some help line for me, I just won't know what to do *cries*.

jzsn said:
Zero won't Kill Yuki, if he wanted to he would have pulled the trigger. What his true intent is that he doesn't want to keep on living anymore and want to die by the hands of Yuki who he loves.

Agreed!

inugami said:
And then there are still fangirls favoring this multi incestoid relationship between Yuuki and Kaname.

Seconded!!! Kaname + Yuki = WRONG.
Oct 16, 2008 8:02 AM

Oct 2008
I don't care about the relationships but the plot is really getting interesting. Finally the annoying council was destroyed by Kaname but now Zero is so strong that I'm now worrying about Kaname. I think, he digged his own grave by helping Zero to get stronger.

And I'm sure Zero will change his feelings about Yuuki. -in a good way, i mean- While fighting or before the fight, he'd probably say somethings like that; "Yuuki, you are different from other pure blood vampires and I'll keep my promise. You can use my life however you want. I'll protect you." and will have some inner thoughts like "Kaname was right.". And we will see no fight or maybe it'll last too short. Or one of them will die. Or Kaname'll come and take Yuuki or protect Yuuki and kill Zero or Zero'll kill Kaname. Argh, I can't decide. xD

And Takuma shouldn't die right now, it'd be so meaningless. I think, he'll just kill his grandfather and come to the Kaname's side again. (I mean, I hope things will be like that).
Oct 19, 2008 6:45 PM

Feb 2008
I agree that I don't care too much about the relationships, either--Yuuki could go with either guy, and I'd be fine with it. Although it seems she's leaning more towards Kaname right now, Zero still has that "tragic hero" thing going for him, and it's usually those characters that get the girl...ahh, but who knows.

I actually love the way the series is going. While it's not as light and happy as it was in the beginning, there still are bits of humor thrown in to lighten the mood even now (ex. Yuuki landing on Aidou xD). Can't wait to see how things turn out, I think the mangaka is doing a great job with the plot.
Oct 19, 2008 10:42 PM

Dec 2007
When's the next manga 44
Oct 21, 2008 8:56 AM
Oct 2007
From yahoo search: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080926054957AAEbHnx
October 24th, this Friday! <3
Oct 21, 2008 11:10 AM

Aug 2008
^ Yay can't wait for 44 :D

I prefer KanamexYuuki but I get the feeling she'll end up with Zero.. I think Kaname might die in order to protect Yuuki somehow..
Oct 27, 2008 2:20 PM

May 2007
Does anybody clean\has cleaned color pages from this chp? ^^

Apr 18, 2010 10:52 PM

Oct 2008
The colour spread looked awesome. But.. nuu, don't want Yuuki and Zero killing each other. :<
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
May 25, 2010 9:27 PM

Jan 2010
The last several chapters have been confusing me so much. I keep reading, hoping that things clear up, but I just get more and more confused.

Why the crap are Zero and Yuuki trying to kill each other? I'M SO CONFUSED.

And I never really understand who Kaname is talking with in any of these last ten or so chapters. >_> Everything is so dramatic.
May 27, 2011 7:10 AM

Aug 2009
Noooo. I don't want Yuuki and Zero to fight. D:

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Aug 31, 2014 4:00 AM

Dec 2012
"I can't died just yet."
Don't kill Yuuki. Yuuki x Zero more please ♥

- barely alive -
Mar 29, 2023 12:35 PM

Aug 2022
I love how it's escalating.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 68 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 22, 2011

26 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 17, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 66 Discussion

tsubasalover - Oct 23, 2010

16 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 16, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 93 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lalalandzz - May 22, 2013

271 by weaboo_lord »»
Feb 4, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 1 Discussion

VARIAchan - Nov 4, 2009

7 by miaeiner »»
Oct 17, 2023 5:14 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 58 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 19, 2010

30 by LaurenStark »»
Apr 22, 2023 7:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.