Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

If you want a second season of Hiiro no Kakera,CLICK HERE! (Save Hiiro Campaign)

New
May 4, 2012 11:15 PM
Mar 2010
Hey Hiiro fans! I know I posted this in a topic earlier but now the situation is desperate.
Yep, Hiiro no Kakera is not selling well. Please do read this!

Now, I know its not the greatest reverse harem anime or with the greatest plot, but we don't hate it do we? I mean, we like it enough to at least get it to a situation where its not a loss right? Right? Pretty please?

So, what do we do? Well, if you can, go to amazon japan and order it there! Don't worry, you can read it in English, there's an option for viewing the site in English!

If you can't buy it, at least post this message to other hiiro no kakera forums, blogs, livejournals and so on. Spread the awareness! Please, let's at least get Hiiro no Kakera to 2500 copies? Currently, the estimates say it will only reach 1700 copies! That's a major failure! So please, if you can, buy it, or if not, please do post this message to other Hiiro fans! Thank you for your time!
phoenixaliaMay 17, 2012 9:20 AM
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
May 5, 2012 12:17 AM
May 2007
I wasn't aware it's that serious! I don't know if all sale estimations turn up correct. 1st DVD is scheduled for next month, I don't buy DVDs unless they are licensed or have English subtitles. I have not started watching Hiiro no Kakera, whatever happens I know I will be liking it a lot. The least I can do now is to cross my fingers till next month plus posting the message to my LJ. Thank you, phoenixalia.
May 5, 2012 1:11 AM
Mar 2010
Shadow-Chan said:
I wasn't aware it's that serious! I don't know if all sale estimations turn up correct. 1st DVD is scheduled for next month, I don't buy DVDs unless they are licensed or have English subtitles. I have not started watching Hiiro no Kakera, whatever happens I know I will be liking it a lot. The least I can do now is to cross my fingers till next month plus posting the message to my LJ. Thank you, phoenixalia.

I wanna hug you! Thanks so much for responding! And please do post it to your LJ if you can!

I'll explain the sales figures a little more. I use Amazon DVD Stalker Japan.

Usually, that shows correct figures.

The DVDS are are currently at 622 copies pre-orders. The Blurays are at 274 copies.
An average of 5 BDs per day are being ordered each day. An average of 15 DVDs per day at being ordered each day as well. There are 49 days left before its released.

yes, the situation is really bad. :( we need all the help we can get.

www27392u.sakura.ne.jp/show.cgi?n=B007G0O8FU for DVDs.
http://www27392u.sakura.ne.jp/show.cgi?n=B007G1BCZI for BDs.

there are two things to make note of.

the red text which says 'Bluray:276' That is currently till today how many have been bought.

Then the second line is what the preorders will be by the release date.
phoenixaliaMay 5, 2012 1:20 AM
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
May 5, 2012 4:08 AM
May 2007
I see how the sales have progressed so far over there at Amazon. You know I also think we shouldn't forget about other online shops that sell Hiiro goods, like animate-onlineshop they have a special page for the goods (http://www.animate-onlineshop.jp/special/hiiro/pc/). I wish the sale rates won't be that bad with more episodes aired later. Hopefully Hiiro fans will support the anime and purchase the DVDs.
May 5, 2012 9:41 AM
Mar 2010
Shadow-Chan said:
I see how the sales have progressed so far over there at Amazon. You know I also think we shouldn't forget about other online shops that sell Hiiro goods, like animate-onlineshop they have a special page for the goods (http://www.animate-onlineshop.jp/special/hiiro/pc/). I wish the sale rates won't be that bad with more episodes aired later. Hopefully Hiiro fans will support the anime and purchase the DVDs.

its true. I didn't consider that. but I'm not confident of being happy till I figure out the sales figures from Animate Online shop. is there any way of finding out the sales rate from the animate online shop?
phoenixaliaMay 5, 2012 9:59 AM
May 6, 2012 11:16 AM
Mar 2010
bump~
May 12, 2012 4:36 AM
Mar 2010
bump again~ SHOW MORE SUPPORT GUYS! COME ON! :D
May 14, 2012 6:57 AM

Oct 2007
Save Hiiro? From what???
It's not as the series will stop in the middle or anything!

About the pre-order... there are a lot of shop who are not online where you can also pre-order DVD/BD.
And even if the sales where "only" around 1700 copies... it's not so bad!
The 1st DVD/BD only have one episode on it for 3150yens, so since it's a 26 episodes series, it will be around 9 DVD/BD at best... so very expensive (well, as usually in Japan).

And even if it's 1700 copies it's not so bad!
There are a lot of series who sell less than this one:
Danshi koukousei no nichijou (BD vol2): 1106
Fairy Tail vol28: 446
Kill me baby BD+DVD vol1: 686, BD vol3: 672
Zero no tsukaima F vol2: 1525
Amagami SS plus vol2: 836
Those are maybe not complete up to date sales, but it will not change so much.
It's just a few examples, there are a lot of series who sell less than 1000 copies, and even less than 500 copies!
But Hiiro no Kakera can still be a success even if the DVD/BD don't sell well, but if the game's sale increase!

What I want to say it's if you like a series buy it! But don't buy something you don't like so much... at least if you're not rich and/or if you don't have hope for a second season!
I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that Hiiro no Kakera story will be complete with 26ep. But some series who didn't sell well, like Chihayafuru can still have a 2nd season if it sells well... (even if it don't sell well, if the manga sales increase)
May 14, 2012 7:11 AM
Mar 2010
amayih said:
Save Hiiro? From what???
It's not as the series will stop in the middle or anything!

About the pre-order... there are a lot of shop who are not online where you can also pre-order DVD/BD.
And even if the sales where "only" around 1700 copies... it's not so bad!
The 1st DVD/BD only have one episode on it for 3150yens, so since it's a 26 episodes series, it will be around 9 DVD/BD at best... so very expensive (well, as usually in Japan).

And even if it's 1700 copies it's not so bad!
There are a lot of series who sell less than this one:
Danshi koukousei no nichijou (BD vol2): 1106
Fairy Tail vol28: 446
Kill me baby BD+DVD vol1: 686, BD vol3: 672
Zero no tsukaima F vol2: 1525
Amagami SS plus vol2: 836
Those are maybe not complete up to date sales, but it will not change so much.
It's just a few examples, there are a lot of series who sell less than 1000 copies, and even less than 500 copies!
But Hiiro no Kakera can still be a success even if the DVD/BD don't sell well, but if the game's sale increase!

What I want to say it's if you like a series buy it! But don't buy something you don't like so much... at least if you're not rich and/or if you don't have hope for a second season!
I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that Hiiro no Kakera story will be complete with 26ep. But some series who didn't sell well, like Chihayafuru can still have a 2nd season if it sells well... (even if it don't sell well, if the manga sales increase)

firrst off, its save Hiiro from bad sales. hehe.

um may I say the series you said like kill me baby and danshi nichijou are COMPLETE failures. And Fairy Tail does not count. Why? BECAUSE IT HAS GOOD TV RATINGS! DVD/Bluray sales don't matter for Fairy Tail.

Um, acutally 1700 IS bad. 600 copies is WORST. But for an anime to be profit, well, at least not a loss, it needs at least 3000 copies.

While an otome anime's main thing is to increase the sales of the game, have you noticed something?

Have you seen the summer line up? More than 6 ecchi/hentai/harem anime targeted at males. Only 2 for females.

Why? Because they sell more. High School DXD and Boku Tomodachi are raking in the sales.

Besides, the reason why Idea Factory's Otomate animated Hiiro is because of Hakouki sales. And now otome anime are getting adapted(Arcana Familgia) because of Hakouki and Uta Pri's sales.

Hakouki had an average of 8000 copies. Uta Pri, I dunno, but pretty high.

An anime's main point is to sell.

But you're right about the two cour thing though. Two cour series DO sell less than one cour.

And until I get proof that it really is selling in other online shops/book stores/ dvd stores I'm going by what Stalker says.

Well? :D
May 14, 2012 10:14 PM
Mar 2010
~bump!
May 15, 2012 1:16 PM

Jan 2008
"Currently, the estimates say it will only reach 1700 copies! That's a major failure! "

Not really. Under 1000 is a major fail. 1700 is pretty bad, but not abysmal.Still, I hope it sells a little better. I'm quite enjoying it, and I'm as far from the target base as you can get: 25 year old guy who does not quite like bishounen. The story is intriguing though.
May 15, 2012 11:06 PM
Mar 2010
DmonHiro said:
"Currently, the estimates say it will only reach 1700 copies! That's a major failure! "

Not really. Under 1000 is a major fail. 1700 is pretty bad, but not abysmal.Still, I hope it sells a little better. I'm quite enjoying it, and I'm as far from the target base as you can get: 25 year old guy who does not quite like bishounen. The story is intriguing though.

I'm glad a guy likes the anime too. its natural that a guy does not like bishounen. XD
but yes, please spread the word!
May 17, 2012 8:58 AM

Jan 2008
phoenixalia said:
I'm glad a guy likes the anime too. its natural that a guy does not like bishounen. XD
but yes, please spread the word!

Let me rephrase that. I don't really like bishounen anime. I have nothing against bishounen characters in a "buy I'd like to be that cool/badass".
May 17, 2012 9:20 AM
Mar 2010
come on guys! Show more support! don't you want a season 2 of this anime?
May 19, 2012 7:17 AM

May 2010
No...It is already pretty boring.Don't want a season 2 unless it improves sooner or later.
May 19, 2012 10:14 AM
Mar 2010
ahmed_great2005 said:
No...It is already pretty boring.Don't want a season 2 unless it improves sooner or later.

I agree with this but maybe seeing the fan's reactions they'll learn their lesson and animate the second game properly?
May 19, 2012 10:44 PM
Oct 2011
phoenixalia said:
ahmed_great2005 said:

I agree with this but maybe seeing the fan's reactions they'll learn their lesson and animate the second game properly?

isn't hiiro no kakera 2 like completely different characters? if there is a season 2 it's most likely gonna hiiro no kakera 3 and 4 & 5 are also totally different. I haven't played 3, but from the looks of it i'm not sure if it'll be interesting to see. I do support this series, but it's just that I am broke. I can try and tell other people about the situation with hiiro no kakera. hiiro no kakera should have gotten the hakuouki treatment.
May 19, 2012 11:49 PM
Mar 2010
jpham336 said:

isn't hiiro no kakera 2 like completely different characters? if there is a season 2 it's most likely gonna hiiro no kakera 3 and 4 & 5 are also totally different. I haven't played 3, but from the looks of it i'm not sure if it'll be interesting to see. I do support this series, but it's just that I am broke. I can try and tell other people about the situation with hiiro no kakera. hiiro no kakera should have gotten the hakuouki treatment.

yea it is. same like haru toki. different characters for each game.
from what I've seen on japanese forums, many were disappointed that the characters look really different from the game. yes, hakuouki wasn't exactly identical either but it wasn't THIS bad....(or so they say)

they also say...'animation was regrettable'. yea. if you compare this and hakouki, transitions, animation, distant shots are infinitely superior.

oh and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO tell other people about hiiro! we really need help!

and I hate to rub salt on the wounds but yesterday and today's sales on stalker for hiiro fell waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down. I'm serious.

people are buying like 5 bluray per day and 13 dvd per day. that's like...AWFUL.
May 20, 2012 9:01 AM
Mar 2012
jpham336 said:

The only game (so far) that has clearly different setting is Hiiro no Kakera 2.

Hiiro no Kakera 3 is a direct sequel of Hiiro no Kakera 1, the story happen 1 year after the ending of Hiiro no Kakera 1.

The 4th game, Hiiro no Kakera: Shin Tamayori Hime Denshou has futuristic setting but considering the male characters have same family name as Hiiro no Kakera 1, it looks like it is canon to Hiiro no Kakera 1 and Hiiro no Kakera 3 (I'm not really sure about this though).

The 5th game which is actually titled Hiiro no Kakera 4 haven't been released yet and there isn't much info yet.
melina_putriMay 20, 2012 9:09 AM
May 20, 2012 9:07 AM
Mar 2010
melina_putri said:
jpham336 said:

The only game (so far) that has somewhat different setting is Hiiro no Kakera 2.

Hiiro no Kakera 3 is a direct sequel of Hiiro no Kakera 1, the story happen 1 year after the ending of Hiiro no Kakera 1.

The 4th game, Hiiro no Kakera: Shin Tamayori Hime Denshou has futuristic setting but considering the male characters have same family name as Hiiro no Kakera 1, it looks like it is canon to Hiiro no Kakera 1 and Hiiro no Kakera 3 (I'm not really sure about this though).

The 5th game which is actually titled Hiiro no Kakera 4 haven't been released yet and there isn't much info yet.

the fifth game is supposed to be set in historical japan. I heard a rumor that it was about the first tamayorihime but I could be wrong.
May 24, 2012 5:32 PM

Jul 2010
No thank you :)
May 25, 2012 3:38 PM

Jun 2009
ahmed_great2005 said:

yup, thats it!
Jun 6, 2012 9:30 AM
Jun 2012
I'm just really sad because I've been hearing it'll only be 26 episodes long. I personally don't think thats enough at all to tell a story. Lol maybe it's because I don't want it to end cause I really like where the story is heading...I haven't Played the games but That aside this can be really big and I love it <3
Jun 6, 2012 12:42 PM
Oct 2011
I don't like this series, but the opening song is awesome. I also kinda like the rasengan guy and the babylon gate guy on the opening video. Though I have zero interest in neither the story nor the characters.
Jun 11, 2012 8:49 PM

May 2009
Is it really that serious? I love male harem anime and I love this anime to bits! I had a feeling though that for some reason it wouldn't have a second season though. Do anime with twenty six episodes have second seconds? I didn't think it had anything to do with the fanbase or the reviews it was getting, but due to my.......money situation I can't be of much help. But I do hope it finishes the first season and I hope that if it doesn't have a second season then it won't end with a lot of mystery. Story of Saiunkoku did that and I just.........can't.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hiiro no Kakera Episode 9 Discussion

phoenixalia - May 27, 2012

27 by Fairy_Tail88 »»
Oct 8, 2022 4:22 PM

Poll: » Hiiro no Kakera Episode 8 Discussion

Hystery - May 20, 2012

32 by Fairy_Tail88 »»
Oct 5, 2022 8:11 PM

Poll: » Hiiro no Kakera Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2012

52 by persephone1 »»
May 5, 2021 6:59 PM

Poll: » Hiiro no Kakera Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 6, 2012

37 by persephone1 »»
May 4, 2021 5:19 PM

Poll: » Hiiro no Kakera Episode 5 Discussion

melina_putri - Apr 29, 2012

38 by persephone1 »»
May 4, 2021 4:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.