Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 11, 2008 9:53 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I just saw this RAW. Amazing episode! The first half was really frustrating cause one part of wanted to bash, punch and kick Yuuto saying "WAKE UP YOU IDIOT!" and the other is feeling really bad for Haruka cause she's REALLY GOOD at hiding her feelings when she wants to.

I am going to give props to Yuuto for at least being A MAN and saving Shiina from that sign board but that's it. The other is Yuuto is a idiot for falling like this on her but it's also the fact that is a cliche.

Haruka is MOE MAX with that cosplay costume and her facial expressions! However, I also must say Shiina was interesting in her devil costume but I PREFER SUCCUBUS MORE like Morrigan from Darkstalkers.

It was nice of Mika with the Maids to visit Yuuto.

Congratulations on Nogizaka winning first place!

The story with charming prince on the train and Hazumi was really FAKE and I though it was real. Doh! :o

The best part is at the end I find. When Yuuto proposes to Nogizaka to dance but Nogizaka wonders how since it is over; then Yuuto takes the CLUMSY AKI music box and THEY DANCE IN A BEAUTIFUL SET UP. Almost made me think of Snow white for some reason.

ONE THING I DID NOT LIKE: WHERE IS THAT KISS???? ?_?

Next episode is I DON'T GET IT TOO MUCH but the father seems to be involved again and is he making Yuuto confess finally???
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Sep 11, 2008 10:02 PM

Aug 2008
When I saw the first two minutes of it, I was like "boring, so damn predictable and cliche". However, despite that, the ending was actually very sweet and nice. Overall, this episode didn't fail as badly as I thought it would. The dancing to the Aki music box part was really nice.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Sep 11, 2008 10:08 PM
Jul 2018
guyklc said:
like "boring, so damn predictable and cliche"

I thought exactly like this last episode, this time is was a bit better, at least at the end.
Hazuki's Eric story was nice and I'd like to have seen more of Haruka in her cosplay :)
Sep 12, 2008 9:56 AM

Jul 2008
i really like the ending :3, but i also miss a kiss ><. i laughed when hazuki said who eric is^^, but the school festival was kinda dissapointing i saw better ones~~

Sep 12, 2008 11:25 AM

Aug 2008
I think school festivals in general are overused. You see them in every anime that involves a school of some kind =/

Sep 12, 2008 11:43 AM

Jul 2008
guyklc said:
I think school festivals in general are overused. You see them in every anime that involves a school of some kind =/

I guess it tells those who have not experienced one yet how fun it is.....each time I see one, it makes want to experience since I have not besides our schools suck cause our festivals are nothing like Japanese ones though they have their fun.

That's all I got to say on 2 cents of Japanese festivals.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Sep 12, 2008 4:39 PM

Aug 2008
angel999 said:
guyklc said:

I guess it tells those who have not experienced one yet how fun it is.....each time I see one, it makes want to experience since I have not besides our schools suck cause our festivals are nothing like Japanese ones though they have their fun.

That's all I got to say on 2 cents of Japanese festivals.

I wonder if every school in Japan has a school festival? Somehow, I get the feeling that school festivals look much more fun in anime than they are in real life -_-

Sep 12, 2008 5:45 PM

Jan 2008
in the first half i only thought why he didnt just call Mika ...
but whatever ... and jep hazukis eric story.... i really want to
see her room ^^

"Smiles aren't made, they're shown."- Belldandy (A!MG)
Sep 15, 2008 12:54 AM

Mar 2008
Shiina and Haruka's cosplay= win

love Eric (seeing hazuki hug it with a smile is priceless)
Sep 15, 2008 1:20 AM

Dec 2007
Eric!! hahahahaha.. One of the funiest moments in this anime!!!
.. Airwalk
Sep 15, 2008 3:57 AM
Aug 2008
This episode was not very written, IMHO.

The costumes were a nice visual treat, but the character interactions seemed to fizzle.

How hard would it have been to have said, "A wooden board fell toward Shiina, I tried to knock it away from her before it injured her, I lost my balance and fell on her"?
Sep 15, 2008 4:37 AM

Apr 2008
This episode was almost entirely cliché :P But I loved Eric :3
Sep 15, 2008 6:16 AM

Jul 2008
formosan said:
This episode was not very written, IMHO.

The costumes were a nice visual treat, but the character interactions seemed to fizzle.

How hard would it have been to have said, "A wooden board fell toward Shiina, I tried to knock it away from her before it injured her, I lost my balance and fell on her"?

Depending on how hard is it to not feel ashamed. Sure he saved her but if I was him I would feel way more embarrassed at that time, however I would wait at the opportune time such as when they were alone during the time when the dance was happening. That was good time and Yuuto did explain properly then.
angel999Sep 15, 2008 11:37 AM
Sep 15, 2008 11:27 AM

Apr 2008
Cute Episode, looking forward to the next epi :)

and lol @ Eric xD

Sep 15, 2008 1:06 PM

Feb 2008
Eric was the best part of this episode XD

seriously, if he'd just asked Mika for help he would have gotten it, not that it would have been necessary if Hazuki had told Haruka what had happened, or if Yuuto had been bright enough to start his sentences with "a sign fell and i pushed her out of the way" or if Shiina had told her for that matter (although that's probably asking a bit much). and in the end she never did find out what happened, which means that she always think that he was going at it in a classroom with another girl.
Sep 15, 2008 1:46 PM

Jul 2008
After seeing the subs I have one occurence that is quite strange. One time I was tearing near the end when Yuuto said to Nogizaka to be with her forever....then when Hazuki said that the bear is Eric....I WENT LITERALLY LOL LOL LOL!

Really strange one moment it is so joyful and emotional then the next moment is LOL so hard!

This anime is cool. Seems next episode a war of love erupts...who the hell is the Akiba-Kei princess?????
Sep 15, 2008 1:48 PM
Dec 2007
Very, very average episode. A lot of clichés (it was everything but original) and the animation was clearly subpar.But it was interesting at least because it made me remember School Days, so... ;)

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 15, 2008 1:59 PM

Feb 2008
Damn such coincidences!
I think this happens only in anime.D:

lol@Eric.
Sep 15, 2008 11:55 PM

May 2008
A pretty nice episode, even if it was veru cliché...
Sep 16, 2008 12:03 AM

Sep 2008
Haruka and shiina and cosplay...
This too great... I just lol... Eric...

But the plot still slow and predictable...
Sep 16, 2008 12:38 AM

Dec 2007
for a show that was breaking cliches left and right.... i'll forgive them for using one, since that cliche helped Haruka and Yuuto to FINALLY get together.
I don't think we're gonna see a kiss until the final episode....

The question is... what'll the final 2 episodes be about? It looks like Shiina gave up on Yuuto, and Yuuto is quite satisfied w/ Haruka... so I don't think we'll be getting any more drama from that end.

The only real obstacles that remain are
a) the student body disliking Yuuto for being so close to Haruka and
b) a true revelation of Haruka's secret (I have a feeling that the "revelation" at the end of episode 3 wasn't taken seriously)
Sep 16, 2008 2:27 AM

Jul 2008
Tekky99 said:
for a show that was breaking cliches left and right.... i'll forgive them for using one, since that cliche helped Haruka and Yuuto to FINALLY get together.
I don't think we're gonna see a kiss until the final episode....

The question is... what'll the final 2 episodes be about? It looks like Shiina gave up on Yuuto, and Yuuto is quite satisfied w/ Haruka... so I don't think we'll be getting any more drama from that end.

The only real obstacles that remain are
a) the student body disliking Yuuto for being so close to Haruka and
b) a true revelation of Haruka's secret (I have a feeling that the "revelation" at the end of episode 3 wasn't taken seriously)

There is also the question of things not being settled from Shiina but she may have given up...interesting thing you said about the true Secret being not the serious one but a more deeper one is present. WE SHALL SEE!
Sep 16, 2008 3:03 AM
Sep 2008
The Akiba-kai princess is Haruka its said in the preview

The kiss will come after they find out hes the one that gave her that innocent smile book

i liked the reaction from Maika and the other maid after they found out who eric was
Sep 16, 2008 6:55 PM

Jun 2007
nice and cute episode
overused cliches are not so bad, considering almost 4/6th of them have some sort of cliche to them (even more)
it was obvious that something happened to shiina and yuuto to end up like that....
haruka crying was.... not nice
Haruka in her overly moe costume again was a really nice and happy surprise.... that costume = awesome
Shiina's costume was not bad either, so.... are both devil and angel overly moe now?
Poor Shiina got rejected.... but i guess she knew why
Hazuki's story didn't seem real at all... i thought she was just faking it... but when they showed Eric... i had to laugh.... her smile was... interesting xD
Finally, those two know that they want to stay together...at this point, i would have expected a kiss, but it didn't happen in karin, so i guess its fine for them not to yet..... but i am expecting one in the next couple of episodes (sad that this anime is ending in two weeks... it was a really awesome one)
the dance at the clumsy aki music box was cute.
Yabay... XD

next episode.... seems like more yakuza dad time.....
Sep 16, 2008 10:48 PM

Jun 2007
I loved it! Eric for the win!

"Eric came back to me through an auction" lol
Sep 16, 2008 10:55 PM

May 2008
Richard_Omega said:

next episode.... seems like more yakuza dad time.....

I really look forward to that!
Sep 16, 2008 11:36 PM

Apr 2008
Eric, XD... Yabay auctions (are you sure its not YABAI auctions?)

Predictable plot but meh, great fun. Nogizaka is great at hiding her feelings. Don't hold it all in though~

Finally, yeah, Eric.
Sep 17, 2008 12:08 AM

Jul 2008
Kind of an annoying episode to be honest. I love this show, but this was just one of those episodes I wanted to skip ahead but didn't want to risk missing anything important.

And his standing there with that stupid expression with his mouth open like a bass struggling for air out of water just got beyond annoying.

The ending was nice, but the torture to get there was just terrible.
Sep 17, 2008 2:39 AM

Mar 2008
Eric was sure the best XDDD
Can't wait for the next eppy.... I wish this show never ends... and I belive we'll see the kiss in two weeks only :(
Sep 17, 2008 3:55 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Haha, I really laughed when they introduced Eric. xD

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Sep 17, 2008 5:20 AM

Jun 2008
another ridiculously lame and predictable episode, big improvement for the last 2 plz.

Eric was genius though XD
Sep 17, 2008 7:50 AM

Mar 2008
Eric was pure win and lol @Yatsusaki "hachiko" Setsuna XD
Why I am so lazy to make a sig...
Sep 17, 2008 12:03 PM

Apr 2007
that was an alright episode, i already guessed whether "Eric story is a lie, or its something, not someone" xD that was funny.
Sep 17, 2008 2:26 PM

Jul 2008
noelhoi said:
that was an alright episode, i already guessed whether "Eric story is a lie, or its something, not someone" xD that was funny.

I got fooled by it when I saw the RAW but after she said this is ERIC then LOL soooooo much, I think my stomach hurt a little.
Sep 17, 2008 5:48 PM

Dec 2007
The Eric segment had me in stitches. Funny as a really funny thing.

I was bursting at the seams every time Yuuto spoke to Nogizaka as he just wouldn't mention that farking sign would he!?

I still prefer Shiina personally and I'm hoping for some mega action in the next two episodes. Somehow, some way I want Shiina to shack up with Yuuto. Unlikely, I know, but a man can dream...

Can't wait to see what other skeletons are hiding in Nogizaka's wardrobe either.
Sep 18, 2008 12:21 AM

Jan 2008
overall good episode. the situation was one that i'm sure everyone's seen before a handful of times but in a show that is suppose to lean more towards realistic than fantasy i don't think they had too many options for jealousy to arise and feelings to come out. and same as everyone else eric had me loling.
Sep 18, 2008 12:50 AM

Nov 2007
Blech. I hate manufactured drama.
Sep 18, 2008 5:02 PM

May 2008
nice episode i finally thought they were gonna kiss
cant wait till next episode
Sep 18, 2008 8:36 PM

Feb 2008
eric was an effing bear hahahahahahaha, but seriously what a boring episode. U couldn't even call this a love/comedy. its more like a super love fest with only 2 invites,and a couple of laughs here and there.
Sep 19, 2008 5:28 PM

Nov 2007
I was surprised by how cute the end of this episode was. Even though I don't regard this show as a "great romance" or anything (it's more just a cute, sometimes fanservice-filled romcom), in that moment between Haruka and Yuuto, it almost felt like they got there -- it was really, really sweet.

[avatar from Tales of the Abyss]
Sep 21, 2008 10:14 AM
Apr 2008
the misunderstanding cleared up in the first 5 mins!
Sep 21, 2008 2:16 PM

Mar 2008
Nice episode, everything went as planned, except the story of Eric. OMG i laughed a lot. "i got it back with Yabay! Auction" LOLOL
Sep 21, 2008 10:37 PM

Sep 2008
he this chapter was ratter tipical of anime, the boy that fells up whit the girl touches her breast and the main one entering the rom in that exact moment
iwas hopping that they dance togeter in the fire(like school days) to see every one reaction
tonikaku it was funn 2 more to go
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Sep 24, 2008 12:55 PM

Mar 2008
The Eric thing was the best part of this episode.
Oct 1, 2008 3:47 PM

Dec 2007
Pretty cliche, but it had a nice ending.

#NBHNC
Oct 2, 2008 1:14 PM

Jul 2008
Very predictable, but Eric was funny.
Oct 6, 2008 10:33 PM
Mar 2008
The make up made up for how crap the first part of the ep seemed. Lol @ Eric.
Feb 5, 2009 10:45 AM

Nov 2008
Yeah...Eric was funny...but why was haruka so hurt? He apologised many times even tough it was just random...he did nothing wrong...some times i am annoyed with Haruka's "dumbness"(she isn't dumb but somehow super-cumsy and hardly understanding in some situations...)
Mar 30, 2009 6:01 AM

May 2007
Yabay auction and Eric was epic. Still cliche, but a cute ending. I'm surprised that Yuuto didn't go to that "it was a misunderstanding" crap to solve the whole problem.
May 4, 2009 1:38 PM

Jun 2008
For a moment there I thought they were going to pull a "School Days" on us, but whatever this episode confirmed my hate to Shiina. Go and die Shiina >_>
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SwordWielder - Sep 25, 2008

118 by toralbabs »»
Feb 4, 8:35 PM

Poll: » Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Sep 19, 2008

64 by toralbabs »»
Jan 27, 5:01 PM

Poll: » Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Sep 5, 2008

84 by toralbabs »»
Jan 20, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Aug 28, 2008

55 by toralbabs »»
Jan 17, 9:17 PM

Poll: » Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Aug 21, 2008

65 by toralbabs »»
Jan 15, 10:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.