Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Mysterious Girlfriend X
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Apr 18, 2012 3:23 PM

Jun 2009
This was so bad, still had a funny moment when Urabe said she would have a doll tied to her head if they had sex... oh and when Tsubaki thought that the tickets would work out for sure.
So the only 'development' in this will be droll exchange till the very end? Then i don't see any point in continuing with it. Exchanging lack of development with some nasty droll exchange is rather retarded, and characters are so uninteresting it hurts. They don't even look good so no point in torturing myself with this anymore, especially considering how many good anime i have to watch this season.
Dropped.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Apr 18, 2012 3:27 PM

Sep 2011
So she can read people's minds by tasting their saliva.Okay
Apr 18, 2012 3:57 PM

Mar 2008
Still strangely appealing to me.

That scene at the end where Urabe went all moe moe was kind of cute.
Apr 18, 2012 3:59 PM

Mar 2012
Nice to see other people are being critical of it as well, I was starting to think I was crazy.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Apr 18, 2012 4:16 PM

Apr 2009
OrochiPL said:
This was so bad, still had a funny moment when Urabe said she would have a doll tied to her head if they had sex... oh and when Tsubaki thought that the tickets would work out for sure.
So the only 'development' in this will be droll exchange till the very end? Then i don't see any point in continuing with it. Exchanging lack of development with some nasty droll exchange is rather retarded, and characters are so uninteresting it hurts. They don't even look good so no point in torturing myself with this anymore, especially considering how many good anime i have to watch this season.
Dropped.

So, sir, inquiring about what exactly would you consider to be that development you speak of seems to be quite logical. I'll just conclude that you are talking about the development of feelings between the two, or to be even more precise - about their interactions that would prove those emotions. It's something I would expect to hear from someone who started watching anime two weeks ago and still doesn't understand that that's just how things in anime roll. An actual number of series with a non-meta/pseudo romance is so small that you wouldn't believe it.

I really find it truly hilarious that you seem to be ticked off by the saliva exchange process (which is a de facto premise of the series). So, nice boats, aliens, meta-worlds, infinite power-ups... they're all fine - no matter how cliched and overused they are... but the aforementioned drool sucking is retarded. It makes... makes a lot of sense, really.

The characters are not particularly interesting? Sure thing! There's no red-haired tsundere, blue-haired deredere heroine, pink-haired genki girl, and so forth. I don't get it how in the world could the author of the scenario think that using none of those copy-paste templates of main heroines would make things more interesting? I mean, originality? Who in the bloody world needs it?! Let's just thread the same paths till the end of time - that will make things more interesting for sure, eh?

And those characters are not only uninteresting... but they also look bad. For the autistic part of the audience, that old school style may be a bit infuriating. After all, there's hardly any of those state-of-the-art visual qualities and CG fireworks. It's also not kawaii enough.
LustrelessApr 18, 2012 4:21 PM

Apr 18, 2012 4:36 PM

Jun 2009
>But an opinion without any sort of root/base behind it... is worthy correcting and pointing its illogical nature.
It's uninteresting, i don't like it. Easy way to understand. I don't like it but it's so original and unlike any other so by any means, i'm a troll. ┐('~`;)┌
OrochiPLApr 18, 2012 4:39 PM
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Apr 18, 2012 10:52 PM

Jul 2010
JoshSalas said:
Nice to see other people are being critical of it as well, I was starting to think I was crazy.

Don't worry, you are. :) LOL

EDIT : I should add, we all are!
zensunniApr 18, 2012 11:29 PM
Apr 18, 2012 11:22 PM

Jul 2010
OrochiPL said:
Dropped.

Just out of curiosity, what amount of development are you expecting to see in two weeks? So far, the male protagonist has gone from curious but wary of Urabe, to intrigued, to confessing his love to her, to frustrated with their lack of "regular" boyfriend - girlfriend type behavior, to an understating of sorts that his girlfriend, while not very comfortable with physical intimacy, is very much in love with him. Urabe, on the other hand, is a mystery. (Note the name of the anime.) She has strange, supernatural powers, carries scissors in her panties, and seems to even be able to read dreams! If the drooling bothers you that much, fine. But I am truly curious what level of "development" you are looking for in two episodes? Kissing? Fondling? Dreaming about making love? (Oh, wait... they did already, then Urabe read that dream and told him WHEN they do that, she won't be wearing a doll in her hair! That boy is a bit of a pervert, eh?) Or maybe actually having sex? From your favorites list I assume you enjoy slice of life shows. They don't tend to rush right into bed in the first few episodes! Heck, the fact that the couple has even mentioned making love is practically unheard of!

The art style is not your standard, cookie cutter, moe clone, which I love, but I can see it being a negative if you aren't familiar with the old-school art styles the mangaka was influenced by.
zensunniApr 18, 2012 11:28 PM
Apr 19, 2012 1:47 AM

Sep 2010
HawthorneKitty said:
I thought the doll made Urabe infinitely cuter... don't know why...

^Agreed!
I think it may have been the face she was making .-.?

Well it looks like the anime keeps getting more perverted? haa.
But apparently it won't.........?
Apr 19, 2012 2:36 AM

Apr 2009
OrochiPL said:
>But an opinion without any sort of root/base behind it... is worthy correcting and pointing its illogical nature.
It's uninteresting, i don't like it. Easy way to understand. I don't like it but it's so original and unlike any other so by any means, i'm a troll. ┐('~`;)┌

Of course you're not a troll, you're a reverse troll.

Apr 19, 2012 7:40 AM
Apr 19, 2012 1:58 PM

Nov 2007
This is the weirdest series.. I have ever seen.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Apr 19, 2012 6:48 PM

Jul 2010
Vizard said:
This is the weirdest series.. I have ever seen.

But ain't it grand! Wierd, unpredictable, and surprisingly sweet! That is MGX, and Urabe, one of the best characters in manga, and now in anime! :)
Apr 22, 2012 6:32 AM

Dec 2011
OP...

Cool....

I like this :)
Apr 23, 2012 12:46 AM

Jan 2011
This Anime is so unique lmao. I really enjoying this a lot despite it being very weird. Urabe sure is mysterious.

Her scissors 'hobby' is awesome (reminded me of Senjougahara from Bakemonogatari) but I lmao'd so hard when she put them in her panties, like WTF LOL! That scene when she took all her clothes off and told Tsubaki to close his eyes was so good. Clearly showing trust there but man that was executed very well. That nosebleed just from tasting Urabe's drool, wow.

That last scene was hilarious! Urabe knew Tsubaki's dream just from tasting his drool, oh wow! :D
Apr 25, 2012 7:13 AM

Nov 2010
Urabe... the NEW Senjougahara!
I play, the haters lose.
May 20, 2012 10:55 PM

Jul 2010
Wtf this some weird crazy shit. But i like its funny and unpredictable as hell at least so far. This show feeds your weird perverted side lol
May 23, 2012 8:27 AM

Jan 2011
So weird... I'm going insane.
I can't find myself liking this at all, it's creepy as hell and even though I usually like unique and weird stuff I really dislike this show.
Stalled for a while, will probably try another episode in some time.

EDIT: Dropped, I might watch this in a couple of years (lol?).
loliowoJul 6, 2012 2:01 AM
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
May 23, 2012 7:28 PM

Apr 2009
Definitely an odd show but two episodes in and I'm loving it. Amusing, unpredictable, and kind of sweet.
Jun 25, 2012 6:07 AM

Aug 2010
That's one hell of a hobby.
Jul 1, 2012 1:48 PM
Dec 2010
ehm so they share exitments trough drools and Urabe can even see what is Tsubaki imaginating while tasting his drool, ahaha this is really something
Sent with Mal Updater
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Jul 2, 2012 1:38 AM

Sep 2011
I disagree, I feel the ED is much better than the OP, but that's just me.

Anyways, another strange, yet good episode. This girl is so weird... and bossy. :( I wish she would just go on a date with him already! >:/
Jul 3, 2012 1:54 PM

Jan 2012
okay so what i got from this episode is that when she feeds him drool is she is turned on etc then he feels that too? and also hints that she can read people's minds/thoughts/dreams or something.... with her being able to see his dream at the end (which btw was hilarious xD) love this show atm, what started off as merely being intreagued has turned into me actually really enjoying this one up to yet!
Jul 25, 2012 1:35 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This stuff is unique but I love it. It reminds me on some level of Bakemonogatari without the killer monsters.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 10, 2012 2:16 PM

Jan 2012
Urabe's voice is still a tad annoying

Saliva exchange is still uncomfortable to watch

I'm guessing Urabe's an alien of some sort
Aug 27, 2012 3:15 PM

Nov 2011
WOW she can read his mind just by tasting his drool? How dangerous!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Aug 30, 2012 3:26 PM

May 2012
Hahaha amzing! Great episode! Especially the ending where she finds out what he dreamed last night xD

In general great episode nice story development, he really wants to take good care of her but it seems she's on another path to the whole relation :p

Up to the next episode!
Sep 1, 2012 4:58 PM

Jul 2012
Was eating candy while watching...No more candy after this....euhhhh...(」゚ペ)」
Sep 8, 2012 9:09 PM

Mar 2009
A little boring for me.
Feb 7, 2013 7:08 PM

Dec 2012
Shit would end between us right after she went HAMtaro with the scissors and nearly killed tsubaki
Feb 7, 2013 7:10 PM

Dec 2012
AlexSadist-sama said:
A little boring for me.

I agree
May 30, 2013 12:31 AM

Mar 2012
Rewatching this episode I feel like it's an analogy of the whole series: i.e. a gigantic tease. Currently watching the dub of it, watched the sub the first time, and while the voice actors I know and love are there to carry me through it i'm constantly reminded of why this series left a bad taste in my mouth (no pun intended, seriously). Cause trust me, it's pretty funny, weird and interesting. But as far as she talks about their drool being a bond i find it hella unfair how he gets to taste hers only yet she freely tastes other people's drool, and even gives them hers (including that Oka chick). Sorry if this is a spoiler, not sure if it is though. It's like NTR status to me in some ways, but it hella felt like the main character never really wins he kinda just gets handed small prizes along the way. It's funny but the touching aspect aint too touching imo
---
Twitter: @JusticeSoulTuna
Wordpress: JusticeSoulTuna
Youtube: JusticeSoulTuna
I'm literally JST everywhere
Jun 30, 2013 7:19 AM

Nov 2012
start to watch it again now XD

well now idk why but I dont feel to puke.. YES! well honestly, I'm still want to puke a bit :/

oh nice to see that naked body of urabe XD
btw who is she? a ninja? fast... :/

in the end tsubaki has a wet dream? WOW and just because his drool urabe can watch it?! if I can I want that power.. LOL XD kidding.. maybe I will deat if I have power like that.. :(
Sep 2, 2013 11:14 AM

Jun 2011
LOL at her scissoring technique, along with the BGM, it makes it much more funny. Very very weird show!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 20, 2013 8:15 AM

Aug 2013
Okay, that last part was just so cute it had my laughing.
Nov 7, 2013 2:52 PM
Sep 2012
i love urabe already....
Jan 20, 2014 7:27 PM

Jul 2012
She is definitely winning, and wow, I didn t expected her to go naked.
Mar 16, 2014 11:46 PM

Jul 2009
I enjoyed the episode :D

Though i find it weird when Tsubaki grabbed Urabe from behind and she suddenly did her scissors attack XD

It seems Urabe has a more deeper feel to Tsubaki. She even went naked when she performed the act. Though does licking a special saliva makes your nose bleed much?? :P

Lol it seems she can know your dreams just by tasting your saliva. When Tsubaki said himitsu, and Urabe said the same thing, i thought it was funny as hell and how she knew about Tsubaki's dream. Yeah having a doll in her head was weird as hell XD

I hope we get to see more of her "special" acts in the next episodes :)

I wonder if Urabe feels any jealousy or something? I have a feeling they'll pull a fast one in the upcoming episodes ^^
Jun 17, 2014 5:32 PM

May 2014
xD Urabe has Tsubaki on a string! The interactions between Tsubaki and Urabe, minus the scissors and drools seems more realistic than many animes that I have watched. I like this so far, good episode
Jul 8, 2014 12:59 AM

Oct 2013
love the fact that she uses scissors to express her anger/being startled XD
I was half expecting her to put ants in her drool
dam that scene was hot when she undressed
that ending mmmhmmm
haha she took his drool and got a nose bleed >.>
[/quote]
Nov 19, 2015 8:14 AM

Jan 2012
lol scissors part .

Jun 28, 2016 12:22 PM

Jul 2015
idk but i find something about this show really appealing so im gonna continue watching
May 21, 2017 12:57 PM

Mar 2017
The more I watch, the more questions I have. I'm seriously glued to the screen waiting to see if anything is revealed about Urabe!
Feb 18, 2018 11:17 AM

Sep 2012
OrochiPL said:
Dropped.

Copy paste of my EP1 post:

seriously ppl if that grosses u out then how do u kiss with ur GF/BF? its freaking same, when u kiss u get each-other drool in each-other mouth, oh some ppl are silly lol

Re-Watching
Apr 25, 2018 11:01 AM

Mar 2018
This was a good episode. Tsubaki is very sweet. I loved the scenes with Tsubaki and Ueno - they were hilarious! :D

I didn't like Urabe quite as much in this episode as in the first. She came off to me as very cold and bossy, not treating poor Tsubaki very well.

mdz said:
Don't really care for the ecchi, she's not exactly "attractive".

I think Urabe is very attractive. I like the fact that her body looks somewhat more like a real girl's body than most anime girls (she is allowed to have a slightly thicker waist and limbs). And the fact that her eyes are mostly hidden just makes her so much cuter when you do get to see her eyes. :)

LonerGoth said:
unfortunately situatinal comedy (friends, sienfield), sells more for less, whereas romance ends when the characters get together... thats why boku wa tomodachi ga sukenai, the world god only knows, and toradora, and the meloncholy of haruhi suzumiya were all popular... good settings, not good romance, sells more.

Romance does not end when the characters get together. Most writers just don't know how to keep writing romance after the characters get together. A good example of this done well is Chivalry of a Failed Knight (Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry). (Granted, that wasn't release when the above comment was posted.)

TotalPotato said:
I think the series has started really well. I thought it was really sweet when Tsubaki wrote 1000 points for Urabe in his notebook right in front of his classmates.

Yeah, that was sweet. :)
Jan 8, 2019 8:01 AM

Jan 2015
The ending was hysterical, I was bursting out into laughter when it was almost three in the morning. Forgot how much I enjoyed watching a good anime thanks to school and games being in the way. This was heaps of fun.

I really love how the dreams look.
Jan 9, 2019 11:39 PM

Mar 2018
Wiziliz said:
Good point. I agree. The dream scenes are really atmospheric and well-done. :)
Jan 12, 2019 3:55 AM

Jan 2015
SpectrumDT said:
Wiziliz said:
Good point. I agree. The dream scenes are really atmospheric and well-done. :)
The music is great too, the way it's both ominous and inviting simultaneously is perfectly fitting for seeking romance with a girl so mysterious.
Jul 13, 2021 9:32 PM
Feb 2017
Just wanted to say, pretty sure these are two male sparrows.

Oct 2, 2021 3:10 PM

Mar 2010
I've found the perfect relationship as awkward and how to say? out of the ordinary.. tis one that is fulll of sweet sweet nectar of youth and adventure!! ahhhh

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 23, 2012

80 by Aoboba »»
Feb 23, 12:43 AM

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

106 by Aoboba »»
Feb 23, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 9, 2012

121 by Aoboba »»
Feb 23, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 2, 2012

82 by Aoboba »»
Feb 22, 11:40 PM

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 30, 2012

176 by BL4Z333 »»
Feb 14, 2:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.