Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 9, 2008 8:04 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
i thought he really killed them he now how to act lol
Sep 18, 2008 6:39 PM
Sep 2008

they were arguing a long time about it mid way through the episode when wolfwood was trying to get julius to go back
edwrdgrhmSep 18, 2008 8:28 PM
Oct 9, 2008 4:12 PM
Apr 2008
Wow a whole episode and not a joke from Vash. But the pregent part was kind of funny even though I really hate that Milly girl.
May 19, 2009 3:13 AM

Nov 2007
I wasn't fooled for a second xD, because it would have gone against everything I had assumed Vash stood for, but I didn't expect that Julius' father actually let them go. So in the end where did the caravan go? Back to where it started?
Oct 10, 2009 2:26 AM

Mar 2009
Vash went nuts., but is a nice guy because he didn't hurt the kids. :P
and Nicholas is awesome as always.
Good Episode. :D
ShinobiCJOct 10, 2009 2:38 AM

Nov 27, 2009 6:48 PM
Oct 2009
that big girl was a drama queen
Dec 13, 2009 2:08 PM

Apr 2009
damn, i want to see him always like that :DD

he is like Alucard from Hellsing :D
Jan 13, 2010 10:14 AM

Apr 2009
This ep made me remember how much I hate milly('s voice)
Jan 29, 2010 9:10 PM

Dec 2009
I liked this one. Vash was almost the badass everyone made him out to be xD . Got to love the rubber bullet trick!
Such junk...
May 31, 2010 8:04 AM

Jul 2009
I love when Wolfwood hit Vash with the rubber bullets haha

Anyway, such an awesome episode
Jun 11, 2010 9:04 PM

Mar 2009
I'll try to remember that when Vash acts like a bad guy that he usually has something up his sleeve (besides his heart)! Good episode. (but will we see that Wellwood guy again?)
Jun 18, 2010 2:32 PM

Feb 2009
ManU-Alchemist said:
Wow a whole episode and not a joke from Vash. But the pregent part was kind of funny even though I really hate that Milly girl.

Whaat? She's the heart of the show! As well as Vash anyway...

I really like this kind of episode, predictable yes, but the mood is so right. It's obvious he wouldn't kill those kids.
Jun 24, 2010 6:06 AM

Mar 2009
Good ep
Aug 27, 2010 1:39 PM

May 2009
My favorite part was when...

Also, the way ... was hilarious xD;

Also, for some reason I'm calling him "Wormwood" >.<
Sep 30, 2010 8:11 AM

Sep 2009
I thought he killed them and was wondering what the reason could possibly be? The whole time I was wondering what the real reason he killed them could have been. It didn't even occur to me that they might be alive.
Oct 10, 2010 10:58 PM

May 2010
Meh
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 18, 2011 4:46 PM

Aug 2010
lol, I knew he didn't kill them. That would be like Kenshin killing someone just for money.

May 25, 2011 7:56 AM

Oct 2008
Of course Vash wouldn't kill. He's too gentle. D:
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jan 11, 2012 5:28 AM
Jan 2012
Good episode. I knew he did something good in the end (I was wondering that maybe the 2 of them are real masterminds of slave trading or something... like, the whole caravan is full of people they intend to sell and the "bad guys" are after them because of that), but I didn't think of the most simple solution: shooting dummies at them.
Apr 7, 2012 8:42 AM

Mar 2011
Way to waste all that pudding.
Apr 9, 2012 1:53 PM

Feb 2012
Come back soon, Wolfwood. The last three episodes have been far and away the best of the series so far.
Apr 10, 2012 2:52 PM

Aug 2011
Every episode Meryl annoys me more. After watching all the crap he's done for other people she calls him a no good outlaw and pull a gun to his head.
May 9, 2012 8:01 AM

Feb 2012
You're amazing, Trigun.

And here I thought Wolfwood would join them but he will come back for sure.
Jun 16, 2012 4:48 PM
Apr 2012
Did anyone else feel like this episode was a bit contrived / awkward in the way the plot was developed? Most of the time I have no trouble getting into the story, but here I just couldn't follow anyone's motivation. Everyone seemed to get very over-dramatic about everything and nothing quite made sense. Why is it so hard to get into the city? Why would everyone die if they can't get in? Why would they be selling one single random girl into slavery who doesn't really appear to be that useful or pretty? Why would Wolfwood want the couple to go back without regard to the fact she would be sold? Why would Milly so willingly help the couple and ignore the plight of all the innocent bystanders who are with the caravan? I assume some of them are innocent? Am I stupid? (don't answer that last one...)
Oct 11, 2012 10:25 AM

Aug 2009
PhoebeSM said:
Did anyone else feel like this episode was a bit contrived / awkward in the way the plot was developed? Most of the time I have no trouble getting into the story, but here I just couldn't follow anyone's motivation. Everyone seemed to get very over-dramatic about everything and nothing quite made sense.

I'll try to make some sense out of this:

Why is it so hard to get into the city?

This is not really explained. It must be something really big if the only way you're getting in is a tattoo to the client's "son." Maybe there are too many bandits in the vicinity and they have to make sure their regular clients stay honest by having such a permanent procedure, but I'm just guessing.

Why would everyone die if they can't get in?

I guess by denying access to the city the caravan and everyone who works in it can't work and they somehow can't just go along their merry ways...ok you win. This one doesn't make any sense.

Why would they be selling one single random girl into slavery who doesn't really appear to be that useful or pretty?

I'm pretty sure she was part of a group of girls that will be sold. And slavers don't have to justify quality in their product. There's always a buyer.

Why would Wolfwood want the couple to go back without regard to the fact she would be sold?

I think he was talking to the boy more than the girl, since the caravan was dependant on the boy's arm. And the girl was in love with the boy so she wouldn't leave him. And the boy was running away to escape the guilt of having wealth that was made by slavery and to protect her girl. So it was either they both go or no one goes.

Why would Milly so willingly help the couple and ignore the plight of all the innocent bystanders who are with the caravan? I assume some of them are innocent?

Milly is simple and kind-hearted unlike Nicholas who was thinking about the long-term effect their escape would have on the caravan. She felt they needed help and didn't think too much of it.

Thats my two cents.
Oct 30, 2012 8:54 AM

Dec 2010
Not so bad of an episode, but I expected something more to happen.
Dec 17, 2012 4:45 AM

Sep 2011
Ill say this and i hope offense is taken. Only a complete idiot would think he actually killed the kids for money, when he wont even kill bank robbers and bandits. It was a very predicable plot device, and those whom where tricked by it haven't really been watching this anime and should quit with any kinda of complex thinking for the rest of their life. Call me a dick if you must, but it just had to be said.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2013 4:43 PM

Jan 2012
I thought he really killed them, it really cought me by surprise. Love the show so far.

Jan 19, 2013 2:36 PM
Aug 2011
I am really trying hard to find out what is so legendary about this series. I could not find my answer so far... I started watching the series expecting to see some good drama and action, but there is none. I hope it will get better as I proceed.
Mar 3, 2013 2:29 PM
Apr 2011
kind of wish they would have better explained how the father intends for the caravan to get by without the boy. as it is it felt like they left the idea of the caravan dying without the boy unresolved and just said "yep, OK, the problems of this episode are solved. hurrah!"
May 26, 2013 2:47 AM
Mar 2013
Ugh, I hate both insurance girls.
Aug 1, 2013 4:08 AM

Apr 2009
MaxVdub said:
kind of wish they would have better explained how the father intends for the caravan to get by without the boy. as it is it felt like they left the idea of the caravan dying without the boy unresolved and just said "yep, OK, the problems of this episode are solved. hurrah!"

Agreed. That confused me as well, I'm not even sure how the whole thing got resolved.
Dec 11, 2013 10:38 AM

Aug 2013
Yeah, I was pretty sure he didn't kill them, wouldn't be Vash mentallity. So is father had planified is evasion all along. Vash have some awesome poses. Also, I agreed with Wolfwood about what the little boy was doing was selfish. He didn't even discuss it with is father. I mean human traffic is really horrible, but condemmed a whole town to death or destruction is as cruel.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 20, 2013 2:10 PM

May 2012
Damn he could be a really cold blooded killer if he wasn't all that kind but damn his epic glasses got smashed :(

Well the priest got separated again but I'm sure we'll see him again!
Feb 2, 2014 1:34 PM

Aug 2012
PhoebeSM said:
Did anyone else feel like this episode was a bit contrived / awkward in the way the plot was developed?

Yeah, I felt it was one weird episode.
Feb 9, 2014 12:58 AM

Dec 2013
Fureon said:
MaxVdub said:

Agreed. That confused me as well, I'm not even sure how the whole thing got resolved.

Yeah, and what about the other "slaves"? Plus, boy that couple was dumb leaving behind a suitcase full of money and a jeep in the middle of the desert!? I really hope Vash or somebody took at least some of that 20mill.
Love and Peace!!!
Jun 3, 2014 12:53 PM

Oct 2013
That priest looks like Spike Spiegel from afar.
Aug 29, 2014 10:16 AM

Jan 2014
Yeah, I get people's plight with the resolution. Didn't really remember much from this episode.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 23, 2014 1:29 PM

Jul 2013
Awesome episode, I thought he'd really killed those 2 but he hadn't!

Yeah, I can't believe she wanted all that pudding then just drops it lol.

The pregnant bit was funny.

I hope Wolfwood comes back soon!
Apr 8, 2015 7:03 AM
Jul 2018
I didn't really understand what was going on the whole episode :/
May 19, 2015 7:35 PM

Aug 2013
I wonder who became the recipient of the box containing $$20 million, since it did not seem like any of them had possession of it in the end.

I suppose Vash explained to Meryl of his plan ahead of time, leading to her cooperating and driving that vehicle to aid Julius and Moore, which was why they were sheltering next to it in the end. Though, how she managed to sneak past the barricade of armed men as well as how the two runaway lovers managed to play along with Vash’s plan are mysteries.

As people have said, without so much as addition clarification, the caravan still has no way to survive in the desert without profits from illict trade, so all of those people are doomed regardless. The best possible outcome would have been for the $$20 million to be distributed amongst them allowing them find new places to reside, despite how they are technically all criminals.

It seems that Vash's sunglasses will be fixed by next episode.
Jul 22, 2015 12:37 AM

Nov 2013
Amusing episode, because it was centered around Milly and Wolfwood while Vash was such a wild card most of the time, although I never really believed he really killed anyone. It just feels like such a loose thread that they didn't fully deal with Wolfwood's worry about how they would do without Julius though. Since his father let him go, even hiring Vash to stage it, maybe they have some other way of surviving? Would have taken one line to confirm.
Mar 6, 2016 6:21 AM

Aug 2015
ColdXClue said:
Ill say this and i hope offense is taken. Only a complete idiot would think he actually killed the kids for money, when he wont even kill bank robbers and bandits. It was a very predicable plot device, and those whom where tricked by it haven't really been watching this anime and should quit with any kinda of complex thinking for the rest of their life. Call me a dick if you must, but it just had to be said.

You're a dick!

Dame, Wolfwood and Vash reminds me of sanji from one piece and alucrd from hellsing this episode.
Sep 15, 2016 3:28 PM

Feb 2013
He tricked me too, that Vash!
Oct 7, 2016 11:59 AM

Mar 2015
They leave out too much between episodes. They're not connected at all, at the beginning of each episode I have to wonder if I accidentally skipped one.

Also, today's story didn't make sense, mostly because the characters and the setting were not introduced properly. Who shelled the outskirts of the town? Who was Julius's real father? Why was Julius let go? So, according to Woolfwood's logic, I guess the caravan is dead now?
Oct 29, 2016 9:38 PM

Dec 2013
Ok episode. Seems this might be the last time we see Wolfwood for a while...
Aug 30, 2017 12:59 PM

Jul 2017
PhoebeSM said:
Did anyone else feel like this episode was a bit contrived / awkward in the way the plot was developed? Most of the time I have no trouble getting into the story, but here I just couldn't follow anyone's motivation. Everyone seemed to get very over-dramatic about everything and nothing quite made sense. Why is it so hard to get into the city? Why would everyone die if they can't get in? Why would they be selling one single random girl into slavery who doesn't really appear to be that useful or pretty? Why would Wolfwood want the couple to go back without regard to the fact she would be sold? Why would Milly so willingly help the couple and ignore the plight of all the innocent bystanders who are with the caravan? I assume some of them are innocent? Am I stupid? (don't answer that last one...)

Totally agree.

I felt like Wolfwood was a total POS until his change of heart. It seems like his real excuse for defending the status quo was that he is afraid of making a change like a lot of people are. His argument was pretty bizarre though and I am not sure why the caravan would go under. Didn't we just hear that they are filthy rich? Maybe that just meant the owners (seems somewhat likely). Wolfwood is arguing that if the kids leave, it's two lives for many, but what about the lives of all of the slaves? And if he shot himself in exchange for the two kids escaping, that's two of them vs. one of him. He did both a "it's not my problem" neutral jerk and "the law is the law even if it's totally evil" lawful evil jerk.

Millie and Meryl both did some really dramatic stuff in addition to Wolfwood pulling the gun out. Meryl by pointing a gun at Vash and Millie with her pudding. Also, Vash was annoyingly quiet when they were in the jeep, which just made things worse. The boy needing the tattoo to get into the city also makes no sense; wouldn't the caravan leader have it? And yeah, how did the caravan get by then if it was such an issue before?

There was some cool stuff:
The volcanic area
The funny scene with the girl under Millie's dress
Wolfwood vs. Vash (a classic western trope)
Wolfwood's fight with himself over the desire to do what's right and worrying about disrupting the status quo (presumably to stay alive)

I assume the kids took the money at the end, but who knows?
Vash's solution was kind of cool

What a weird episode
Mar 13, 2018 1:21 PM

Sep 2017
This episode was very fun!

I seriously enjoyed seeing tough guy Vash being all stoic and brooding throughout the episode and it was awesome seeing more of Milly! She's a neat character with more depth than expected.
Mar 13, 2018 1:25 PM

Sep 2017
satyrelfheim said:
PhoebeSM said:

Totally agree.

I felt like Wolfwood was a total POS until his change of heart. It seems like his real excuse for defending the status quo was that he is afraid of making a change like a lot of people are. His argument was pretty bizarre though and I am not sure why the caravan would go under. Didn't we just hear that they are filthy rich? Maybe that just meant the owners (seems somewhat likely). Wolfwood is arguing that if the kids leave, it's two lives for many, but what about the lives of all of the slaves? And if he shot himself in exchange for the two kids escaping, that's two of them vs. one of him. He did both a "it's not my problem" neutral jerk and "the law is the law even if it's totally evil" lawful evil jerk.

Millie and Meryl both did some really dramatic stuff in addition to Wolfwood pulling the gun out. Meryl by pointing a gun at Vash and Millie with her pudding. Also, Vash was annoyingly quiet when they were in the jeep, which just made things worse. The boy needing the tattoo to get into the city also makes no sense; wouldn't the caravan leader have it? And yeah, how did the caravan get by then if it was such an issue before?

There was some cool stuff:
The volcanic area
The funny scene with the girl under Millie's dress
Wolfwood vs. Vash (a classic western trope)
Wolfwood's fight with himself over the desire to do what's right and worrying about disrupting the status quo (presumably to stay alive)

I assume the kids took the money at the end, but who knows?
Vash's solution was kind of cool

What a weird episode

I think at the end of the episode as Moore and Julius are walking into the sunset you can see that right next to the jeep that they SHOULD have LOGICALLY escaped in has the briefcase with the money still sitting there. I wonder if anyone picked it up or is it still sitting in the desert to this day?
May 22, 2019 9:40 AM

Jul 2016
Good episode tbh, better than the last ones.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Trigun Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Aug 24, 2008

80 by CalmTeaTime »»
May 1, 5:23 PM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Aug 22, 2008

54 by CalmTeaTime »»
Apr 30, 6:42 PM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kie_ - Sep 7, 2008

55 by CalmTeaTime »»
Apr 30, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Aug 21, 2008

99 by CalmTeaTime »»
Apr 30, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Cero - Jul 2, 2008

151 by Juan9207 »»
Apr 26, 11:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.