Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 9, 2008 1:21 PM

Mar 2008
No, that topic is just to get your attention. I honestly quite liked the movie, and whilst I could rant on that for a bit, just know that I did like it.

But seriously, EVERYONE (>captain and lieutenant) got screentime in the showdown - except for Yachiru?! There is one scene where she smiles at Kenpachi, but yet again she is left out of the battle. Now, I could understand if she didn't butt in on Kenpachi's "moment of destruction", but there were plenty of scenes where she could have made an appearance. Besides Neliel, this is the cutest thing I have seen in Bleach, and she clearly has potential as shown in the anime - but as by an insult she is left this time too?

Please, share your thoughts about the Yachiru love, and why, just why haven't they made an honest attempt to at least make it look like she is a lieutenant? Discuss...
GuessSep 9, 2008 1:24 PM
Sep 9, 2008 3:27 PM

Mar 2008
Yachiru can't do much in a battle beside hanging on Kenpachi's shirt LOL ;D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2008 4:02 PM

Oct 2007
kaminakun said:

actually you are wrong there, she does not hold the title of vice-captain for show! That is now how it works! But indeed i would like to see her shi-kai once....
Sep 9, 2008 4:03 PM

Mar 2007
she's useless. she hasn't fought yet! ikkaku is more of a vice-captain than she is.
Sep 9, 2008 4:06 PM

Oct 2007
ReverseHarem said:
she's useless. she hasn't fought yet! ikkaku is more of a vice-captain than she is.

Indeed we never seen her fight, but that does not mean she is week. She's cleared the way for Itchigo and Co. during the SS ark, but we dont see it, she just tells them that she cleared the way for them.
Sep 9, 2008 4:10 PM

Mar 2007
they probably dropped dead from her annoying voice. xD
Sep 9, 2008 4:19 PM

Jun 2007
Yachiru must be really strong. Remember how people originally had trouble dealing with Kenpachi's "energy" She's been around him since she was a little(er) kid and isn't bothered by it at all. Not even when he's out fighting going all out. They can do so many things with a character like Yachiru, yet in typical Bleach fashion they decide to focus on the easier to write for characters.
Sep 9, 2008 4:23 PM
Dec 2007
mulderman said:
Yachiru must be really strong. Remember how people originally had trouble dealing with Kenpachi's "energy" She's been around him since she was a little(er) kid and isn't bothered by it at all. Not even when he's out fighting going all out. They can do so many things with a character like Yachiru, yet in typical Bleach fashion they decide to focus on the easier to write for characters.

Agreed. However, we have seen her in minor action against Ichigo, back when he (Ichigo) first meets Kenpachi. Apparently, she is fast. I don't remember the exact scene, but its before ken and ichi do a DKO.
Sep 9, 2008 4:27 PM

Jun 2007
Yea she's pretty fast, its also shows when she goes ahead of Orihime and co, telling her she'll get rid of the strong guys.

And lets not forget the fact that she's easily capable of carrying Kenpachi, and leaping buildings.
Sep 9, 2008 4:33 PM

Feb 2008
Id like too see her fight sometime....Always wanted too see her fight from that one time during kenpachi's and ichigos fight when that one guy was trying to deliver her a msg and she told him too leave....maybe someday.....
Sep 9, 2008 4:44 PM

Apr 2008
i was definitely disappointed she wasn't in the movie more, or at least is the show/manga more. i agree that she has to have some ability to be near kenpachi so much. i dont know why, but shes my one of my top fav women in bleach

Sep 9, 2008 7:40 PM

Jun 2008
I've been dying to see her fight since Kenpachi and Ichigo's battle.
Sep 9, 2008 10:31 PM

Mar 2008
kaminakun said:

Hey, if she only did this much in the movie, I would be satisfied, but alas.

ReverseHarem said:
ikkaku is more of a vice-captain than she is.

I agree, but I think the problem lies not within the characters but within the writers. On the larger scale of things so to speak.

JTSlayer said:
I've been dying to see her fight since Kenpachi and Ichigo's battle.

Critically seconded.
(By the way JTSlayer, when I saw it I had to ask - where did you get the "Do I need to fire a warning shot... TO YOUR HEAD?" It made me chuckle)
Sep 10, 2008 4:28 AM

Oct 2007
ReverseHarem said:
they probably dropped dead from her annoying voice. xD

That is just harsh, no debate needed then if you will act like a little girl...
Sep 10, 2008 5:04 AM

Mar 2007
it's not really a debate when you all like yachiru... and someone cannot read sarcasm apparently.
Sep 10, 2008 5:06 AM

Oct 2007
ReverseHarem said:
it's not really a debate when you all like yachiru... and someone cannot read sarcasm apparently.

I cant, i just really hated your comment, so i couldnt resist...
Sep 12, 2008 2:00 AM

Mar 2008
I mean, even Sajin Komamura's (the bucket man's) lieutenant has more screentime than Yachiru - and all we know about him is that he has digestive problems!

This is truly a disgrace.
Sep 12, 2008 9:09 AM

Sep 2008
mulderman said:
..... and leaping buildings.

It's a shounen, everyone is able to leap buildings. XD

Sep 12, 2008 3:32 PM

Nov 2007
Dont F#ck with Yachiru. She will kick everyone's ass in the show :P isn't she adorable

Mar 18, 2009 10:29 PM

Oct 2007
Yachiru haters...

Well, I certainly would absolutely love to see her fight. There was one scene in Bleach where she glared and her pink aura surrounded her, which shows her anger.

She must be powerful enough to be VC, you know? Plus, she supports Ken-chan's battles, but she needs to fight for once.

Like Nel, maybe Yachiru would transform into another sexy woman. lol
Aug 31, 2009 10:25 PM

Jan 2009
I dunno about her, she seems to be annoying mostly and hang on to "Kenny" a lot. I think it would be interesting to see who was actually stronger her or Ikkaku. As he isn't holding the spot of Vice Captain because he doesn't want to not because he can't. I think it would be very interesting to see the two of them fight but anyway, maybe the writers just don't like her much? Not really sure but from the anime anyway we just don't really know much about her other then she's the Vice Captain and Kenny found her.
Aug 31, 2009 11:56 PM

Oct 2008
... Uuuuuhhhh, since nobody pointed this out yet, Yachiru wasn't the only one absent in the movie. Momo wasn't in it either (though I know why, I'm just stating for the record).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach: The DiamondDust Rebellion Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

BishounenTatsumi - Sep 6, 2008

160 by davidyodo24 »»
Jun 15, 2022 8:04 PM

» Bleach the Movie 2: The Diamond Dust Rebellion U.S. DVD Release Date

KidRyan - Jun 21, 2009

7 by KidRyan »»
Sep 1, 2009 2:31 PM

» All the fakes

atlantiza - Apr 1, 2008

29 by Reveriesian »»
Aug 29, 2008 11:24 AM

» Diamond Dust Preview episode 152

MattyD - Dec 13, 2007

18 by vizard_love »»
Jul 18, 2008 11:03 AM

» When did this come out...?

dex_forget - Aug 9, 2007

10 by Kyoko-1 »»
Dec 2, 2007 2:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.