Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 26, 2020 5:33 AM

May 2016
It was weird seeing Neon go as far as to save the whole Sandstreamer from falling off that canyon at the last second but it made sense. He was able to duel against the most infamous outlaw in No-Man's Land and found him to be a worthy opponent to fight against later on. In this case, everyone was lucky to have Vash onboard this time around but it's a shame that the guy who got killed couldn't be saved in the end.

Kaite pointing out that Vash has access to lost technology and saying that Rem's favorite song is a very old one were some pretty helpful hints on his mysterious origin. His No-Kill Rule certainly makes things a lot harder for him but at least his conscience would stay clear for the most part despite his very violent lifestyle.

Jul 30, 2020 2:30 PM
May 2020
The mystery unravels of Vash's past...
The suicidal villain decides to save the ship because he lost the duel...
And, the young boy sings a song from Vash's past...
Jul 30, 2020 2:32 PM
May 2020
Kajo_Senpai69 said:
It was weird seeing Neon go as far as to save the whole Sandstreamer from falling off that canyon at the last second but it made sense. He was able to duel against the most infamous outlaw in No-Man's Land and found him to be a worthy opponent to fight against later on. In this case, everyone was lucky to have Vash onboard this time around but it's a shame that the guy who got killed couldn't be saved in the end.

Kaite pointing out that Vash has access to lost technology and saying that Rem's favorite song is a very old one were some pretty helpful hints on his mysterious origin. His No-Kill Rule certainly makes things a lot harder for him but at least his conscience would stay clear for the most part despite his very violent lifestyle.

Great analysis. Re-watching this, I had completely forgot about that guy's amazingly believable redemption at the end of the episode.
Aug 24, 2020 2:53 PM

Dec 2007
i wonder if vash wasn't hurt he could do to the train the same thing he did in ep6, or it doesn't the same.

i still don't get what we earned from the last two episode besides couple of hints about vash, that girl and what kate said about his technology.
Jan 29, 2021 3:38 PM

Jun 2015
NordicHorde said:
Another cliche "bad guy is actually good at heart despite just murdering a couple people 5 minutes ago" character. Also, the kid is unlikeable and his motivation makes zero sense. "My father built the ship so now I'm gonna help rob it and then get upset when it's gonna be destroyed." So stupid. And Vash was just as stupid by getting shot because he didn't want to kill a couple grunts but then let's a mass murder walk free who will surely kill more people. At least Millie and Meryl were still awesome this episode.
NordicHorde said:
stephtastrophe said:
Cool episode but didn't get Neon's sudden personality switch, thought that was odd.

Yep, last episode he brutally gunned down an innocent man and laughed about it and now he's actually not such a bad guy. I absolutely hate that kind of thing. Also, Vash letting a mass murder go free despite being so against murder that he let's himself get shot instead of killing is pretty stupid.
Gator said:
Bad guy makes an 180° turn because of the protagonist, now that's a troupe I really did not want to see.

You guys saying Neon becomes good from evil don't really understand that he has a "Blue-and-Orange" morality, he has his own ethical system that "conquest must require struggle", he didn't want an easy kill, that's why he gave up and fulfilled his promise to Vash.

He is still an evil character, but with an interesting mindset.

ChangeLeopardon said:
Neon's change makes perfect sense to me. He's an outlaw gunman, and he comes across the most legendary outlaw gunman. He challenges Vash to a duel and loses. I don't think this was a case of "bad guy is good at heart" as much as it is a case of "bad guy finally finds an opponent that he deems worthy of his respect and honors their agreement."

I don't think he "changed", I think Neon has an obsession making him seek glory and achievements through hard work, if he really wants money he would've just shot Vash for the 60 billions, but he refrains from attainment without risk and struggle.

Kajo_Senpai69 said:

It is interesting that he had a chance to kill him and have all the glory, but Neon doesn't seem to care about "fake glory" because he believes glory must be acquired with struggle.
May 4, 2021 9:34 PM

Nov 2009
Weakest episode so far for me. The Neon stuff is super weird, like you don't get to murder people in cold blood like he did and then get to play the tsundere hero lmao what the fuck.
Sep 7, 2021 6:20 AM

May 2019
Good advice Vash, I'll take it with me "keep some room in your brain open!"

I'm so curious about the lost technology.
Now we're starting to get hints on why Vash is so good and doesn't kill or harm.
I'm sure we'll find out who Rem is.

Dec 25, 2021 9:41 AM
Nov 2020
that bandit actually knows how to respect his opponents
Jan 12, 2022 4:32 AM

Nov 2018
Basically Cowboy Bebop for teenagers. I'm surprised these two anime were airing at the same time...
I hate everyone equally
Nov 15, 2022 1:32 PM

May 2015
There is some important reveals in this episode
Dec 4, 2022 1:48 PM

Jan 2020
I always appreciated Vash's showmanship with the communication tubes. His humor is something else.

The duel with Brilliant Dynamites Neon was quite good as well. It's great seeing all of Vash's feats this episode.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Dec 10, 2022 7:16 AM

Apr 2016
A fine conclusion but these two episode weren't as good as the previous ones, Vash still great, though.
Mar 23, 2023 3:33 AM
Jun 2014
I like it but I don't know, maybe only OK.
May 25, 2023 4:28 PM

Mar 2022
Don't understand why some people think that Neon "changed as a character" in this discussion thread, he never did. The thing is, he didn't really change as a character, yes he killed a man in the last episode and laughed about it but here's the thing, I got the impression that Neon is a guy that likes to live by a code of honour when it comes to a fight if he wanted to kill Vash he would've killed him when it was revealed he was wounded but he didn't because he thought that it was going to be an unfair victory and would seem cheap to rid the world of a guy that's worth billions when it comes to bounty money, known throughout the whole Badlands as a legendary killer he probably thought: "Shit I can't kill him while he's in pain if I want to kill him then that kill has to be earned not gained anticlimactically." And the fact that he saved everyone before the Steamer plunged off that cliff? Well he just didn't want to die and he had no other alternative. No idea how it's so hard to grasp there.

Anyway these two part episodes were decent but they weren't as good as the other episodes. Had some funny moments with Vash and Kite though. Plus that song must have really reminded Vash of his past there.
Jun 27, 2023 8:21 AM

Jan 2021
Jeez, this is gonna be depressing isn't it?
Dec 3, 2023 9:07 AM

Jan 2021
I didn't get why the villain didn't kill the mc, also I like that he isn't completely invincible just insanely strong
Jan 2, 8:30 PM

Dec 2022
I'm starting to get a tad bored, these episodes haven't been as entertaining. I think they need to give us some backstory or storyline asap.

Apr 19, 12:11 PM

Jul 2016
Smh at those people who don't understand that a villain can have their own moral code and still be a villain.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Trigun Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Aug 24, 2008

80 by CalmTeaTime »»
May 1, 5:23 PM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Aug 22, 2008

54 by CalmTeaTime »»
Apr 30, 6:42 PM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kie_ - Sep 7, 2008

55 by CalmTeaTime »»
Apr 30, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Aug 21, 2008

99 by CalmTeaTime »»
Apr 30, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Cero - Jul 2, 2008

151 by Juan9207 »»
Apr 26, 11:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.