Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jun 23, 2015 12:02 PM

Nov 2012
I'm really drawn to Taiga! Great start to an anime.
Jun 26, 2015 8:05 AM
Jul 2018
Such a nice episode.
Loved Kuroko's character. It's so interesting that his ability is to go by unnoticed hahaha. It so awesome how they made it possible for a character that sucks at basketball to play with the big ones *.*
Looking forward to the next episode, and the next and the next XD
Aug 18, 2015 1:09 PM

Apr 2014
Really liking this so far. Interesting characters.
Aug 25, 2015 9:43 AM
Dec 2011
all i have to say is i love you kuroko and i love seire i think i love their school player i love everything about this anime :3
Oct 30, 2015 2:05 PM

Feb 2014
That was pretty interesting. I don't expect a completely realistic display of basketball, but that's not really why I started watching.

Kuroko is pretty fun. I'm glad he doesn't have many heroic speeches, that really gets on my nerves >.>. Kagami is quite tense.. and so tall :o I hope he gets nicer to Kuroko.
Dec 3, 2015 1:17 PM

Jul 2013
How do you not see a guy with blue hair? lol. He's funny. His fast passes are cool.
Jan 30, 2016 6:27 PM

Apr 2010
What kind of a fuckin piece of shit bullshit is this?! Kuroko's lack of presence makes him invisible? Really?! This is the most pathetically thought of "gift" to build a sports anime upon I've seen in my entire fuckin life.

When everyone was supposed to form a line next to each other on the basketball field, the female basketball coach couldn't see him. Everyone was supposed to take their shirts off but Kuroko was still wearing his so he was either late and pretended he was there from the start, or he was hiding behind one of the tall players and didn't bother to listen, or Harry Potter gave him his invisibility cloak.

Then, a match, 1st years vs 2nd years. Apparently the 2nd years are so incompetent that they can't see an opponent waiting in the middle of the court to receive the ball. They are undoubtedly so extremely inadequate that they can't comprehend to cover every guy on the court and that they're losing because one guy is always walking freely!

And then the coach tries to use rationality to explain Kuroko's 'ability':
"Why do I feel so uneasy? Is something unbelievable happening? Is he using his lack of presence to pass? He's not even touching the ball very long. Could he be diminishing his already weak presence even more? Misdirection. A technique used in slight of hand. He's drawing his opponent's attention away from himself. To be more accurate, he's not using his lack of presence, but directing his opponent's attention elsewhere."

I don't fuckin get this. Is he decreasing his ghost-like presence even more by using misdirection?

Afterwards at McDonalds, Kagami sits at a random table after getting his order, unable to see Kuroko's silhouette sitting there before him. According to coach dumb-ass fantasy logic Kuroko's misdirection technique to draw attention away from himself can also be used while sitting and enjoying a milkshake. I get it, I also don't want to be disturbed when I'm at McDonalds.

I didn't know this anime was part of the supernatural/fantasy genre. Kuroko really has a magical power. He is such a being that can temporarily change the wavelength of light bouncing off his body so it can not be detected by the eyes of the people around him, making him invisible to the naked eye.

In other anime I can accept a girl demolishing a brick wall a hundred feet away by punching a guy with tremendous force into it, temporarily relieving him of the enjoyment of having teeth that reappear in the next scene, just because he saw her panties which was a direct result of her being unable to maintain her balance (in most cases). I can accept that because it's a joke. But I'm supposed to believe that this fuckin guy can theoretically stroll into the pentagon because of his 'lack of presence' combined with his misdirection.

Oh my god why the fuck is this pissing me off so much?! Why do I have this? Why can't I enjoy this and give this anime a masterpiece rating like mostly everyone else is doing? I expected so much from this anime, but now I have to force myself to watch it in the hope that my belief in this anime before this episode was justified. I truly hope that this lack-of-presence-slight-of-hand bullshit isn't the cornerstone of this anime. Only the invisibility horse manure ruined this episode for me, everything else was good.

Vote: Hated it
ZetsuboMadaraJan 30, 2016 8:28 PM
Jan 30, 2016 7:01 PM

Apr 2010
HapHazrD said:
This already feels stupid. But I knew it would be like that so no problem.
Basketball is a sport for wusses and niggers anyway, so who cares o/

Well, I do agree with you that this episode feels stupid.

Wow, never expected to meet an anime loving racist. Thank you for your beautifully ignorant insights. And thank you for destroying my naive belief that I could connect with every person who loves anime.

Well, you can say it's for niggers and wusses because white people have difficulty dominating in it on tv. Black people also seem to be dominating when making love, and I think your hatred for black people stems from that. Inadequacy in the bedroom is the cause of a lot of hatred in this world. I suggest some yoga, studies show it really helps against anger.

Of course, I could be wrong, you might hate black people for entirely different reasons. If you look at the news, we do have a tendency to steal some shit. And I did steal this anime from the internet, and I've been stealing like this for years. I do feel remorse though, because the hard working japanese masterminds have been working their asses off to provide us with all these wonderful stories, and I'm disrespecting their constant efforts by not paying for the art that they bless us with. After I'm done being a student and make hard money I will definitely pay them back, by buying every anime that I love. Yes I know what you think, I'm pathetic. But those artists really deserve more then that. And if you hate the ones you so disrespectfully call 'niggers' for being a little better than you at basketball, making love or stealing anime, then I apologize unreservedly, on behalf of all black people.

We do agree that this episode feels stupid though.
Feb 3, 2016 8:57 AM

Jan 2015
ZetsuboYami said:
HapHazrD said:
This already feels stupid. But I knew it would be like that so no problem.
Basketball is a sport for wusses and niggers anyway, so who cares o/

Well, I do agree with you that this episode feels stupid.

Wow, never expected to meet an anime loving racist. Thank you for your beautifully ignorant insights. And thank you for destroying my naive belief that I could connect with every person who loves anime.

Well, you can say it's for niggers and wusses because white people have difficulty dominating in it on tv. Black people also seem to be dominating when making love, and I think your hatred for black people stems from that. Inadequacy in the bedroom is the cause of a lot of hatred in this world. I suggest some yoga, studies show it really helps against anger.

Of course, I could be wrong, you might hate black people for entirely different reasons. If you look at the news, we do have a tendency to steal some shit. And I did steal this anime from the internet, and I've been stealing like this for years. I do feel remorse though, because the hard working japanese masterminds have been working their asses off to provide us with all these wonderful stories, and I'm disrespecting their constant efforts by not paying for the art that they bless us with. After I'm done being a student and make hard money I will definitely pay them back, by buying every anime that I love. Yes I know what you think, I'm pathetic. But those artists really deserve more then that. And if you hate the ones you so disrespectfully call 'niggers' for being a little better than you at basketball, making love or stealing anime, then I apologize unreservedly, on behalf of all black people.

We do agree that this episode feels stupid though.

Gotta love when the troll gets fed ;) Still didn't read your 100-word essay though.
Feb 6, 2016 2:57 AM

Apr 2015
Both the OP and ED are great and the BGM is awesome. The animation and art is really good. The characters are very likeable and entertaining.

Looks like I'll be watching more of this anime.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Feb 15, 2016 7:58 PM

Jul 2012
Rewatched with some friends. Can't believe I didn't notice the crazy intense BGM! It's great.

Won't be rewatching the rest, unless my friends drag me into it.
Apr 27, 2016 4:14 PM
Oct 2013
Just started this,even though i already know most of the story

This was a very good pilot,it got me hyped for the rest and the ost is amazing,first time i like an ending too
May 6, 2016 8:37 AM

Jul 2014
stephtastrophe said:
How do you not see a guy with blue hair? lol.

rofl!!! xD anime logic~
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Jun 4, 2016 5:48 AM

Jan 2016
1st episode and i already hate the main character.
Those calm characters who barely speak annoy me, especially if they are a main character -___-
Jul 5, 2016 10:44 AM

May 2016
I just finished the episode and... I do not know how I feel. On the one hand, I do want to connect to the story and characters and I want to enjoy and eventually like this anime. But on the other hand, I agree with @ZetsuboYami about how frustrating this episode was (but not about all the hate thing).
Well, in the end I would call the episode really awkward and confusing. Though I will keep watching the anime in hope of seeing something decent.
Jul 7, 2016 7:03 AM

Jun 2016
Pretty good start, some sparks here and there to fire up my interest.

I'm definitely curious about Kuroko.
Sep 2, 2016 3:07 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Awesome first episode!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Sep 25, 2016 4:25 AM

Jun 2016
Kuroko is really a shadow lol, i hope his school competes with other best players..
Great episode, really excited to start a new series.
Nov 24, 2016 1:43 PM

Oct 2016
That's just weird that Kuroko doesn't have any presence at all. He could pass as ghost.

But I'm amazed at his passing abilities. He's a good assist. Or whatever you call it in basketball. I forgot.

First episode is not as entertaining as Haikyuu!! but I'll still watch this. Maybe it'll get better in the later episodes.
Dec 9, 2016 8:24 PM

Feb 2015
nothing to really to talk about, but kuroko's ability is interesting. however what was up with those gay vibes after they left mcdonalds lol
Jan 31, 2017 6:14 PM
Jul 2018
I'm finally watching this! So far so good.
Mar 11, 2017 10:44 PM

Dec 2015
So he's hiding his true skills because he wants to simply be a shadow to someone else?
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 29, 2017 12:29 AM

Jun 2016
That was a very good first episode. :D

We were introduced with the group of five prodigies, Generation of Miracles, which is some kind of dream team that surely can kick everyone's ass in basketball and this cutie Kuroko is one of its members. I see you, Akashi! Hehehe. I want to hear Kamiyan's voice already. ;-;

Taiga sure is a big-ass guy, maaan. And there's Kuroko being such a human shadow appearing suddenly in front of everyone without them noticing that yeah he's there in front of them after all this time. So, Kuroko is only good at "shadow" passing, but not in shooting balls? Hehe. Taiga and him are a perfect duo, tbh.

So many hilarious moments especially with Taiga venting his shit at Kuroko while they're playing a game against their senpais. Haha. 5/5. <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 30, 2017 6:44 AM

Feb 2017
Re-Watching this series because i love this anime and i loooove basketball.

Man, i forgot how good the first episode was and i also forgot how intimidating Kagami was in the first episode! I mean seriously, he looks like he can kill somebody. Kuroko had a good introduction lol. The match between the first and second years was good too, it showed how dominant Kagami was compared to the rest and how good Kuroko's 'gift' was.

Lastly, reading this entire thread...i forgot how much people liked Kagami and Kuroko at first but then later moved on to the Generation Of Miracles XDXD
Oct 30, 2017 10:02 AM
Oct 2017
ZetsuboMadara said:
What kind of a fuckin piece of shit bullshit is this?! Kuroko's lack of presence makes him invisible? Really?! This is the most pathetically thought of "gift" to build a sports anime upon I've seen in my entire fuckin life.

When everyone was supposed to form a line next to each other on the basketball field, the female basketball coach couldn't see him. Everyone was supposed to take their shirts off but Kuroko was still wearing his so he was either late and pretended he was there from the start, or he was hiding behind one of the tall players and didn't bother to listen, or Harry Potter gave him his invisibility cloak.

Then, a match, 1st years vs 2nd years. Apparently the 2nd years are so incompetent that they can't see an opponent waiting in the middle of the court to receive the ball. They are undoubtedly so extremely inadequate that they can't comprehend to cover every guy on the court and that they're losing because one guy is always walking freely!

And then the coach tries to use rationality to explain Kuroko's 'ability':
"Why do I feel so uneasy? Is something unbelievable happening? Is he using his lack of presence to pass? He's not even touching the ball very long. Could he be diminishing his already weak presence even more? Misdirection. A technique used in slight of hand. He's drawing his opponent's attention away from himself. To be more accurate, he's not using his lack of presence, but directing his opponent's attention elsewhere."

I don't fuckin get this. Is he decreasing his ghost-like presence even more by using misdirection?

Afterwards at McDonalds, Kagami sits at a random table after getting his order, unable to see Kuroko's silhouette sitting there before him. According to coach dumb-ass fantasy logic Kuroko's misdirection technique to draw attention away from himself can also be used while sitting and enjoying a milkshake. I get it, I also don't want to be disturbed when I'm at McDonalds.

I didn't know this anime was part of the supernatural/fantasy genre. Kuroko really has a magical power. He is such a being that can temporarily change the wavelength of light bouncing off his body so it can not be detected by the eyes of the people around him, making him invisible to the naked eye.

In other anime I can accept a girl demolishing a brick wall a hundred feet away by punching a guy with tremendous force into it, temporarily relieving him of the enjoyment of having teeth that reappear in the next scene, just because he saw her panties which was a direct result of her being unable to maintain her balance (in most cases). I can accept that because it's a joke. But I'm supposed to believe that this fuckin guy can theoretically stroll into the pentagon because of his 'lack of presence' combined with his misdirection.

Oh my god why the fuck is this pissing me off so much?! Why do I have this? Why can't I enjoy this and give this anime a masterpiece rating like mostly everyone else is doing? I expected so much from this anime, but now I have to force myself to watch it in the hope that my belief in this anime before this episode was justified. I truly hope that this lack-of-presence-slight-of-hand bullshit isn't the cornerstone of this anime. Only the invisibility horse manure ruined this episode for me, everything else was good.

Vote: Hated it

Wtf, lol dude..

i just finished season 1 and i'm actually kinda dissapointed with this show, at first i thought it's gonna be realistic and tactical sport anime, but apparently it is just full of "superpowered" dudes battling around, the power gap between miracle and other players is just too big af. and some of the miracles' coach seem useless, they're just like "i think i'm just gonna shut myfck up and let this miracle dude win the game".. and kuroko is just so boring, an unexpressional vanishing mc.. actually for me only that "lack of presence" thing is annoying among their abilities, it's just too weird..
But well, the comedy is still fun to catch up with tho..
Feb 24, 2018 8:21 PM
Mar 2016
love this already
Nov 4, 2018 9:30 PM

Dec 2012
I couldn't stop smiling through this whole thing. KuroBas was my gateway into sports anime and basically one of my biggest motivators for training. I'm especially excited to be re-watching it at the height of an extremely intense regiment.
Jun 14, 2019 11:19 PM
Jul 2017
If Kuroko's Basketball were to get an English dubbed version done by either Funimation or Sentai Filmworks, they've gotta put in some references of NBA players. Like the NBA's best players such as Lebron James, Kevin Durant, James Harden, Chris Paul, Kawhi Leonard, those NBA players.
Sep 5, 2019 1:44 AM

Sep 2018
Hmmmm... I expect a lot (I always heard this anime and Haikyuu)... after watching Haikyuu, I watch this and I expect that it will be good first episode (while in Haikyuu, first episode is already great).. I'm confuse why they can't feel or see Kuroko when he have a blue hair and blue eyes lol he's not too short too.. he can gain attention.. the practice match is too unbelievable.. I'm fine with it, I love Prince of Tennis and it has fantasy to it but in this anime.. it seems too "over" in putting fantasy. I hope next episodes will be good.
erenmeiiSep 5, 2019 1:53 AM
Dec 12, 2019 7:50 PM
Dec 2019
Its fuckin amazing
Jan 26, 2020 11:23 AM
Jan 2020
The video won't play for me.
Feb 25, 2020 3:49 AM

Dec 2010
This looks fun enough, I liked the direction of the episode too. I don't really like characters like what Kuroko seems to be at this point, but I guess there's long way to go and more characters to see.
Jul 5, 2020 4:34 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I'm not too bug on Basketball but this looks very interesting.
Sep 30, 2020 5:57 PM

Dec 2007
really liked how they built kuroko and his friendship with taiga, it was awesome.

the story is bit weak - to beat the prodigies and become the best, but i wouldn't except less than shounen and it's depends in the way of doing it.

the op and the ed were awesome and really liked the animation.
Jan 24, 2021 2:19 AM

Jun 2020
Heard a lot about this. I already knew I was going to like it. I just knew it. The eye candy really doesn’t hurt at all hehe. I’m definitely going to have a hard time deciding who’s best boy. And I love the art & animation. The cinematography’s really awesome. In for the ride!!!!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jan 26, 2021 5:53 AM

May 2019
Love this already, my first sports anime ever!

Great characters, great animation and a god tier soundtrack!
Apr 22, 2021 12:58 PM

Nov 2016
This get's me all nostalgic. Kuroko is my favorite modern sports series. It takes a bit before the hype reaches peak, but this was already a promising start. Like the premise, great feeling and the first of many banger OST's. Hooked all over again.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 13, 2021 6:05 PM

May 2016
I only have a basic knowledge of the ins-and-outs of basketball and I cannot sit through a whole match of any sport without wanting to doze off so I'm just amazed at how anime can make sports entertaining as hell.

Kuroko's a rather unique shounen anime main character to me since he's very soft-spoken along with how I'm more acquainted with hot-blooded MCs like Taiga. Despite being a very talented passer, he definitely looks like a blank slate that has tons of room for improvement in other areas.

Aug 4, 2021 7:18 AM
Aug 2021
😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰
Aug 4, 2021 7:19 AM
Aug 2021
Looooooovvvvvvvveeeeee it
Aug 11, 2021 7:15 PM

Jul 2013
Pretty interesting start. Played basketball often as a kid but also only know the basic rules of it. Characters seem interesting even if I'm still unsure about Kuroko. He seems very calm without too much emotions, at least so far. Maybe this changes over the course of this show. Kagami on the other hand is the complete opposite.

Heard a lot of this show from friends, so I'm glad I finally decided to watch it. The OST's sound great, can't wait to here more of it.

Oct 8, 2021 9:35 AM
Oct 2021
ricocuja13@gmai.com
Sep 20, 2022 5:56 AM
Jul 2018
It was an okay first episode. Taiga's a little annoying, thank goodness for Tetsuya Kuroko—he's a nice contrast to his character. Sad that nobody really notices Kuroko's presence but I suppose it's an interesting benefit on the court.

Looking forward to just how intimidating the Generation of Miracles players really are.
Nov 23, 2022 9:57 AM
Nov 2022
Kuroko and Kagami hangout together
Jan 1, 2023 11:44 PM

Apr 2022
the first anime i'm starting from the beginining this year and what a way to start my 2023, the music in this is fire
Feb 8, 2023 4:31 AM
Nov 2021
bro think he jokic
Feb 23, 2023 6:17 AM
Mar 2021
The concept is interesting, can't wait to see how the characters are gonna evolve.
Apr 16, 2023 8:37 AM
Apr 2022
nice sport anime its nice even tho im not really a basket fan
May 27, 2023 2:43 PM
Aug 2022
weird mc choice, interesting
Jun 1, 2023 3:35 AM

Apr 2013
Been a while since I watched a sports anime, this is one of the more popular ones, so let's see. After watching the first episode, it feels like it should also have the supernatural tag though xD
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

363 by removed-user »»
Apr 3, 7:08 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2012

245 by removed-user »»
Apr 3, 6:44 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kaeji - Sep 8, 2012

116 by removed-user »»
Apr 3, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Fiji - Sep 1, 2012

106 by removed-user »»
Apr 2, 7:18 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Itami - Aug 25, 2012

111 by removed-user »»
Apr 1, 5:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.