Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 3, 2012 1:36 PM
Oct 2007
Definitely a better first episode. Those rage coming from the manga readers make me want to peek but will hold until the show finish.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2012 1:45 PM

Apr 2008
luccide said:
Definitely a better first episode. Those rage coming from the manga readers make me want to peek but will hold until the show finish.

Do you want to know why we are like that (there is just to read the manga to understand)
KiraYoshikageApr 3, 2012 1:49 PM
Apr 3, 2012 1:52 PM
Sep 2011
reasonable within possible
Apr 3, 2012 1:53 PM

Dec 2011
KiraYoshikage said:
luccide said:

Do you want to know why we are like that (there is just to read manga to understand)

Dude let us be...

What they gave is enough to understand why is Jin fighting... Also I have a feeling Jin will end up with Konoha. As I said I read four chapters of manga and I am stopping there. Also this is just first episode, they might give us more about the past through flashbacks. Then everything is about him when he is older, so it's normal for anime to focus on that, and they will give rest through OVAs or something like that...
Apr 3, 2012 2:28 PM

Apr 2009
icamehere said:
Nidhoeggr said:
WHY

Seriously, what is the director thinking? Changing most of the story, upping the pace so that one volume can fit into one episode? That's insane.

Should've gone the Berserk route and made a one cour series consisting mostly out of his childhood and the flashback...
It's not that it really matters. I'd rather see him when he's grown up that when he's a little faggot kid.

I'd rather see a series that actually develops the cast in the anime and doesn't rush things so much that it feels like hitting fast forward on the DVD player.
NidhoeggrApr 4, 2012 1:07 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 3, 2012 3:31 PM

Jul 2009
..............I hate it how they didn't stay faithful to the manga >_> I am disappointed. It felt rushed. Jin never met the Amagi kids that way. But what to expect from a 13 episode series >_>"
Apr 3, 2012 3:43 PM

Sep 2008
I liked the first episode, but obviously I have no plans of reading the manga until after seeing all the 13 episodes. Why would someone want to ruin their enjoyment of the show like that? Good start, looking forward to more
Apr 3, 2012 3:47 PM

Oct 2010
Zhou said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Hence I am thinking if I should follow the manga to see the differences to comprehend this series better or wait until it's over?

The major difference they made is that Kouga and Jin met as children, that could be crucial. I think you'll manage to understand what's going on without reading the manga but I highly recommend it, you can blaze through it since many chapters have only 13-16 pages. It took a long time until we saw Jin as an adult in the manga so you could read that part for now.
OK, I will take your offer on it and do both. Then perhaps comprehension convinced in me to do so. You just advised me well in this. Thank you.

As for others, if you never read the manga you can either read it now as the anime goes or read it after since the anime is over and many may be :( over it considering some are from some anime series of last season that are over. Some for good.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Apr 3, 2012 3:56 PM

Oct 2010
OK i just read the 1st volume to see what the fuss is about this anime is another rushed job like Brave 10.

Yeah the anime really fucked up the manga. The show will be good for people who didnt read the manga but for those who want to know what the fuss is about. Just read the 1st 6 chapters of the manga and you will see.

Now i really understand the hate. They should do what Nurarihyon does just show 24-26 episodes a year with no fillers.
bonifideApr 3, 2012 4:01 PM
Apr 3, 2012 4:06 PM

Jun 2011
This series didn't really appeal to me when I looked at it but damn, it was good in my opinion. I wasn't very interested in seeing those bizarre creatures and all but I am glad I ended up giving it a chance because from what I saw it seems like something I could really get into. It is not the typical kind of series that I pick up but I loved the blood and the story. I am glad that Lady Akemi survived too. So great. :3
Apr 3, 2012 4:12 PM

Nov 2008
There were so many things thrown in your face in this episode... and what is the world they live in? Is it future or alterative reality? What's the town? Is the country totalitaric or democtaric? I hope they'll cover such things.
Apr 3, 2012 4:59 PM

Feb 2011
Looks decent, although I'm not expecting anything from this.
Apr 3, 2012 6:14 PM

May 2011
Really great start
lets hope they can keep the pacing going
Apr 3, 2012 6:33 PM

Jan 2011
haven't read the manga heard good things about it was just a bit to dark for me i enjoyed the first episode just something about the animation and art i'm gonna have to get used to.

but i think i will keep myself from reading the manga because it seems like it would ruin my experience of watching this lol
Apr 3, 2012 6:39 PM

Jul 2011
Far better than I anticipated, it did some fairly decent development. Fairly cliche, but it gets to do that with anime I suppose, there isn't a broad range of superhero anime. Did a lengthy entry on this.
Apr 3, 2012 7:50 PM

Feb 2012
For an adaptation of the manga Zetman is really bad.From action perspective it's good bad completely unorganized at the plot part.Jumping too various scenes in a chaotic way,also by changing the way he met the amagi siblings it really ruins the way their relationship develops which plays a big part in the series.
Apr 3, 2012 7:57 PM

Jun 2009
I wasn't aware censoring like this was even existed till I watched Blood +C and even then I thought it was abnormal, then Mirai Nikki, now this. i wasn't too excited about reading the manga so i'm glad there's an anime. Looks interesting. With the life Jin was living though it seems odd that he's so naive. Bathing w/a ten year old...idk about all that jazz.
Apr 3, 2012 7:59 PM

Mar 2008
I expected the censorship but why did they have to make the story so different from the manga?
Apr 3, 2012 8:01 PM

Dec 2011
What a nice anime!
Apr 4, 2012 1:05 AM

Sep 2010
A boy with special powers fighting for justice. A lady who cares for an unknown boy. Sudden appearance of so called "player" monsters. Yeah! Cliche. But it's fun to watch.

4/5
Apr 4, 2012 1:32 AM

Jan 2008
Cool. Nice animation in fight scenes. Some fav VAs are here. Art lines are heavy...like an old school comic. Episode 1 started interesting and entertaining.
Apr 4, 2012 1:47 AM

Mar 2009
the kind of action i want to watch this season~
Apr 4, 2012 3:25 AM

Nov 2011
First episode seems average, however i want to point out i didnt like the animation, it looked like some american animation done by marvel and couldnt keep up with the fast paced action scenes we're used to in japanese anime, also again the combat scenes although cinematic the animation still kinda deteriorated it and i couldnt tell what was happening on the scene for the most part, even the preview where they were shown grown up, the scene in the fire looked grotesque to me, the story still seems interesting, hope they can do something about the art, i'll keep watching it, somehow with my eyes closed though

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Apr 4, 2012 3:44 AM

Jan 2011
Need to give this one or two more episodes...first one kinda bored me.
The last minutes were great and the preview seems interesting, because it's some years later and everybody is older etc...wouldn't have cared much for it, when the protagonist stayed a kid all the time.
Apr 4, 2012 8:45 AM

Mar 2012
Thought I wasn't going to be interested in this due to the genre and plot behind it but... the actual animation is actually very nice, fight scenes we're pretty good

*adds to watching list*
Apr 4, 2012 9:51 AM

Nov 2011
At the root of Zetman, like what you nonreaders of the manga have pointed out, is a CLI-CHE and that's exactly what the anime has done: it broke down the story into it's simplest form for speed of pacing to jump right into bad ass actionery. But the manga takes the familiar story of a boy with hidden powers who eventually becomes a hero and skillfully deconstructs it into a mosaic of different themes.
Apr 4, 2012 10:12 AM

Nov 2008
Comparing it to the manga it wasn't that good, but leaving that aside the beginning was decent.
Apr 4, 2012 10:28 AM

Nov 2011
O_O WOW THIS ANIME FKING KIK ASS!!
THIS GO TO BE A GOOD FIGHTING ANIME CAN”T FKING WAIT FOR THE NEXT EP WOOOOH!!! XD it look just like SCRYED

Apr 4, 2012 11:30 AM

Mar 2011
Wth was this! This episode was rushed like crazy and didn't make a lot of sense. Having the grandpa die in this first 9 minutes of the anime was a crappy idea and there wasn't no background story or anything. He only had literally 5 seconds worth of screen time. I didn't feel any emotion when he died. Comparing this to the manga is comparing a penny to gold. This wasn't horrible but it wasn't a great start either. 7/10
[Input amazing signature]
Jelly?
Apr 4, 2012 12:03 PM

Dec 2009
That was freaking awesome!
Though I feel like Kana's voice doesn't fit that girl.
LiinahApr 4, 2012 12:09 PM
Apr 4, 2012 12:05 PM

Jan 2009
dafuq did I just watched?
Koga and Jin friends? and I thought a great director would do a good job, stupid people, Masakazu-sensei got lame anime for the second time, Pierrot did the same mistake with I"s 10 years ago.
Apr 4, 2012 12:37 PM
Nov 2010
It looks really interesting, I'm worried to see it being only 13 episodes in total... We'll see, I guess...
Apr 4, 2012 1:37 PM

Sep 2011
From an anime-viewer only standpoint, I'm worried that only 13 episodes will ultimately kill the potential this show has. Although I didn't mind the ultra-fast pacing, but it's already apparent the 13 episodes is having an impact. Hopefully that's just me looking into things way too much and I should of just stayed in bed today.
Apr 4, 2012 2:50 PM

Oct 2008
Without having read the manga (and I don't have intentions of doing it before this anime finishes), this looks promising, pretty good first ep.
Apr 4, 2012 3:10 PM

Nov 2011
looks promising

Apr 4, 2012 4:57 PM

Dec 2008
fist ep follows manga pretty close, I like it
dank meme
Apr 4, 2012 4:59 PM
Jun 2010
i actually found the first episode to be pretty good imo, haven't read the manga. by the sounds of it it seems to be a lot more detailed and the anime will not be able to show everything from the manga.
Apr 4, 2012 5:59 PM

Jul 2010
I haven't read the manga, but I thought it was a very enjoyable episode. I didn't appreciate the censorship...
Apr 4, 2012 6:52 PM
Jun 2011
So many Blood and Gore, Just like "Another".
Apr 4, 2012 10:27 PM

Oct 2010
haven't read the manga, don't give a fuck

what the fuck did I just watch???
GIANT BUGS FITIN WEREWOLVES
"GRANDPA WHATS DEATH :(:(:( LET ME PUT SALIVA ON UR CHEST WOUND DIS MAKE IT BETTR BUT Y DESE PEOPLE SLEEPING ALL WEIRD??? I live on the street and don't know what the deaths is :((((((((."
Then he cries into the big-titted hooker with a heart of gold's chest, ok. 1/10

10/10 for the laughs though
Apr 5, 2012 12:24 AM

Jul 2011
I don't understand why so many people were disappointed that the first episode is very different from the manga? I mean, it's a good thing huh ? At least will be something new for those who have already read the manga like me.13 episodes are still too few for a good series like this but I hopefully that they can make a good adaptation.
Apr 5, 2012 3:30 AM

Feb 2008
aiNkyy said:
I don't understand why so many people were disappointed that the first episode is very different from the manga? I mean, it's a good thing huh ? At least will be something new for those who have already read the manga like me
Doesn't really work when this "something new" is simply a stitched up inferior version of the old stuff. Not same enough to have kept the important scenes building up Jin's relationship with Gramps, not new enough to bring a entire new twist on things. It's "same but worse", essentially

Apr 5, 2012 5:23 AM

Jul 2011
Vegreaper said:
aiNkyy said:
I don't understand why so many people were disappointed that the first episode is very different from the manga? I mean, it's a good thing huh ? At least will be something new for those who have already read the manga like me
Doesn't really work when this "something new" is simply a stitched up inferior version of the old stuff. Not same enough to have kept the important scenes building up Jin's relationship with Gramps, not new enough to bring a entire new twist on things. It's "same but worse", essentially

Only 13 episodes can make a big difference for those who is making the anime. They can still surprise us doing a good adaptation. Who knows?
Apr 5, 2012 8:14 AM

Sep 2010
144 replies OMG.
I guess I wasn't the only one who really enjoyed this!

Honestly no complaints, the characters are amazing, the design and their personalities. I really love the art in this and the fights!!

I didn't think I'd like anything about Zetman but from start to finish my eyes were glued to the screen.

The blonde prostitute is so pretty and kind hearted! I was freaking out when she got hit, a little worried she'd die in the first episode :l....

Also only 13 episodes :(? What nooo D:
Apr 5, 2012 12:23 PM

Jun 2007
such a long time ago since i read the manga
i forgot if the anime is following the manga

i dont remember if the kids met that early in the manga. anyways it was some good gory stuff cant wait for next episode.
Apr 5, 2012 1:03 PM

Nov 2011
The drama was too rushed to be effective, but this is shaping to be a promising anti-hero anime. Bad adaptation or not, the first episode was entertaining for a non-manga reader. I care less about what it could have been, and more about what it can be.

He has a condom embedded on the back of his hand though. At least the resemblance seems to go away slightly when he's an adult.
Apr 5, 2012 1:11 PM

Feb 2012
MissileSoup said:
He has a condom embedded on the back of his hand though. At least the resemblance seems to go away slightly when he's an adult.

Can't unsee that now.
Apr 5, 2012 5:00 PM
Feb 2012
Mhmm looks pretty decent so far. Didn't expect Jin to transform so early. There was already some slight difference to the Manga since Jin doesn't meet Kouga as early as was shown, only Konoha. Akemi wasn't assaulted by a player but her ex from what I remember, but it's to be expected since it's a 13 ep adaptation.

Regardless of that it was good episode, personally I liked it. Hopefully the next is better, glad to see Zet animated in all honesty, so curious how this series will turn out in the end.

The short fight scenes looked good and so is the animation so high hopes for this as well.
Apr 5, 2012 6:11 PM

Jan 2011
I haven't read the manga yet but I'm really loving Zetman so far. So clearly Jin isn't a normal human. That ring thing in his hand is the source of his power. His gramps must have been that scientist at the start. That lady sure is nice. So glad to see her still alive. That fight scene was awesome, reminded me of Dragonball Z a bit lmao.

The ending, or opening rather, looks awesome. Can't wait to see Jin transform to Zetman. :D
Apr 5, 2012 7:14 PM

Oct 2010
All i got to say is people who enjoy the anime dont read the manga. I was like yall to see what the fuss was about and damn they changed it pretty bad. If you want to read the manga just read like the 1st 8 chapters.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Zetman is very underrated !!!

iamKetranLang - Feb 11, 2018

7 by LenRea »»
Mar 20, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Zetman Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jenanime - Apr 23, 2012

60 by Eyth »»
Apr 28, 2023 7:56 AM

Poll: » Zetman Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2012

137 by removed-user »»
Jan 31, 2023 2:07 PM

Poll: » Zetman Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 4, 2012

53 by Abdf »»
Mar 11, 2022 4:33 AM

Poll: » Zetman Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2012

73 by passa_p »»
Feb 15, 2020 9:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.