Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Persona 4
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 29, 2012 10:45 AM

May 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

----------------------------------

Ok, so some things:

Evolution of the Personas.

GOD'S HAND!!!!!!!

Lucifer ♥

Never More ♥♥♥

TRUE ENDING CONFIRMED! 08.22

AiNoHikariToKageMar 29, 2012 11:47 AM
Mar 29, 2012 11:25 AM

Nov 2008
Yay for true ending.

Boo for five months until true ending.
Mar 29, 2012 11:52 AM

Feb 2010

Never more. My tears will never stop.
Anime reached its final episode, huh? I'm really gonna miss the derp faces...
Mar 29, 2012 11:57 AM

May 2009
Okkkkk, so I finally GOT to watch it instead of just finding screens.

So, yeah. Pfffff, they decided that the canon couple is Yuu X Yosuke. Like, seriously. Last fight was epic; new song by the way.
What I liked the best was the preview of the last episode though, it seems like it may be a bit long.

Spoilers not regarding THIS episode:

AiNoHikariToKageMar 29, 2012 12:14 PM
Mar 29, 2012 12:18 PM

May 2010
Is it even possible to have sexual intercourse with this episode?

Susano, Kanzeon, laughing at Kanzeon actually "fighting", Nevermore playing, Lucifer, Team actually not looking useless, no final cannon shippings during the ending scene and finally some good pacing.

All in all for the anime, I'd say 8/10 - as a gameplayer enjoyed everything about this besides the pacing and some of it's art.

In the ending, I wish some of Narukami's social link people appeared, would have loved to see Ai, Kou, Daisuke, etc to see him off aswell, but this was good. 5/5 episode. I kind of liked Narukami holding the glasses instead of the photo in the game better...

And now, all there's left is that true ending which looks to be awesome, can't wait.. August is gonna be awesome...P4Arena and P4A true ending.
Mar 29, 2012 12:20 PM

Nov 2007
No OP.

The enemy is convincing that the real life is not needed.

Everyone's in pain.

So when persona is in pain, the holder is affected? Everyone's holding up to fight against the enemy, who is escaping from the reality and he became police to use the gun.

Reality sucks, but we must face it...

When he lost, he shot himself and became shadow of eyeball. It is the source of bringing the mist to real world.

The vision is created when they wanted to see?

Their persona became strong?/power up because they want to save the guy. All of his cards combined into a new personal?! Oni-looking persona defeated it.

Then they bring the enemy back.

Cousin girl "dreaming" about the guy and his friends defeating bad guy and saving everyone.

Spring and everyone sending the guy away. lol~ cousin girl just confessed that she's going to marry him in the future! Kuma promising he's going to protect that another world.

Never More is nice ED.

Velvet room for the one last time.

I cannot wait for another ED (True ED): "No One Is Alone"
tsubasaloverMar 29, 2012 12:25 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 29, 2012 12:30 PM

May 2009
I think there'll be a topic for our views about the series as a whole but I think I'll just post here anyway:

I definitely have mixed feelings about P4 the Animation. On one hand, the original material suffered only minor changes, so the content itself is rather intact. On the other hand, it certainly had problems as an adaptation. Fast-forwarding, some episodes were badly directed, to name a few. Animation was poor most of the time, and while I don't care that much about it, in here it managed to bother me. Music usage was a bit crazy; sometimes, it was spot on but many times it was just stupid. Have I already mentioned how Yosuke "sux" in this? Sorry, I just can't get over it.

But there were definitely positive aspects, such as Nanako's/Namatame's Arc, which was by far the best thing for me in the tv series. I also loved some new songs. Also, although in the beginning Yuu was completely ridiculous, they managed to turn him into a very likeable character. My favorite characters in the adaptation were Rise and Naoto.

@RealScreamer

P4: U...oh god, I can't wait to play as Yosuke ♥ Gotta kick Chie's butt!!!!
Mar 29, 2012 12:42 PM

May 2010
Miya_F_Exia said:
Have I already mentioned how Yosuke "sux" in this? Sorry, I just can't get over it.

@RealScreamer

P4: U...oh god, I can't wait to play as Yosuke ♥ Gotta kick Chie's butt!!!!

Oh yes this, this was one of my biggest dislikes about the anime. For this episode, I believe he was redeemed a little bit, but he still sucked for the entire series...

Haha, poor Chie..And same here, I'm mostly going to use Mitsuru, Elizabeth and Yosuke. Perhaps Labrys aswell, which reminds me - does anyone think she or Mari could show up randomly in the true ending of P4A in August?
Mar 29, 2012 12:47 PM

May 2009
^It's payback time for Chie! huhu lol

I think I'll end up playing as Yosuke, Mitsuru and Elizabeth as well (Thanatos is a MUST!). Maybe Naoto since she seems to be so awesome and overpower.

Marie is a possibility, but since Labrys only meets them two months after P4 I doubt it.
Mar 29, 2012 1:02 PM

May 2010
Indeed. Thanatos in it just verified me of getting the game. I'm pretty sure mostly everyone is gonna go for Elizabeth now for that reason... I haven't really looked much into Naoto's gameplay, but I assume her to be one of the decent characters to play as. Teddie just looks absolutely ridiculous, lol...

Ah yes, I forgot that Labrys meets them 2months after. As for Mari, thinking about it now, she would have been made an appearance in the anime, right? Since in P4 Golden it looks as if you meet her in the beginning during school times or w/e.. Oh well.
Mar 29, 2012 1:28 PM

Feb 2008
This was based on PS 2 version of Persona 4 not PS Vita one, but the new Persona 4 would be awesome.

Geh a few months to True ending.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Mar 29, 2012 1:42 PM

Feb 2008
Yay for True Ending to be animated, but well... I think that waiting 5 months will be hard :/

I enjoyed P4A even with all the derpy stuff, but of course, go play the PS2 game if you can.
Mar 29, 2012 1:44 PM

Oct 2010
Not bad, didnt play the game so cant compare to it.
I know the game would be much better but I still enjoyed the anime.
I can understand that some parts are stupid and didnt make sense. Nevertheless a nice anime to watch.
Cant wait for P4U :3
And sometime when I get a Vita I will definetly play P4.
Mar 29, 2012 1:49 PM

May 2010
Blackbird said:
This was based on PS 2 version of Persona 4 not PS Vita one, but the new Persona 4 would be awesome.

Both really are the same thing just with the remake having a new character.
Mar 29, 2012 3:01 PM

Feb 2012
That was a decent way to handle the ending, but I can't wait for the True End episode. Shame on them using it to sell the disks though =P
Mar 29, 2012 4:09 PM
Dec 2007
RealScreamer said:
Blackbird said:

Both really are the same thing just with the remake having a new character.
Pretty much, they already confirmed they weren't going to add an epilogue or anything like they did with FES. It's basically just Persona 4 with some extra scenes.

Mar 29, 2012 4:21 PM

Feb 2012
what i liked about it was how the handled the ameno sagiri fight. even though they completely deviated from the game, i think this was a suitable way to present things in anime form.

i absolutely hated the ending, that is the most rushed ending ever. they literally jump from defeating ameno sagiri to the train station on the final day. i can only assume they left out other stuff so that they can save it for the true ending episode. which is not something im a big fan of.

i was overall disappointed with this series.
bobby71983Mar 29, 2012 4:24 PM
Mar 29, 2012 4:46 PM
Dec 2007
bobby71983 said:
what i liked about it was how the handled the ameno sagiri fight. even though they completely deviated from the game, i think this was a suitable way to present things in anime form.

i absolutely hated the ending, that is the most rushed ending ever. they literally jump from defeating ameno sagiri to the train station on the final day. i can only assume they left out other stuff so that they can save it for the true ending episode. which is not something im a big fan of.

i was overall disappointed with this series.
That's because all of the stuff in between those scenes will be a BD-only episode...sneaky bastards.

Mar 29, 2012 5:19 PM

Jul 2009
although it's highly unlikely, I hope they can choose one random day and broadcast the full version of this episode like what happened with F/Z ep11.

haven't seen the ep yet so can't really comment on it.
Mar 30, 2012 4:20 AM

Mar 2012
OVA?? I still don't understand why they can't just put the true ending in the main series itself. Anyway from the preview of the OVA, it looks like there's going to be the Margaret battle. 2 episode OVA?
Mar 30, 2012 4:25 AM

Oct 2011
Ok, this episode owned the last one. Hard. The thing with Persona 4 is it seems that you have to take the whole anime as a whole. When you do that, it becomes neat and understandable with a great mix of comedy and action, with a bit of suspense. Individual episodes may be bad, but I bet that if everyone re-watched the whole series in 2 months time consecutively a lot of negative opinions would change.

I apologize to the writers for my comments on 24! Adachi's character this week kicked ass for the first 8 min or so, before inevitably morphing back into a bitch (but that's what SHOULD happen). The team did a good job, and Lucifer was a nice touch. Also Never More is the ultimate feel good song.

5/5 episode
?/10 series (still haven't decided, may rewatch and then wait for true ending)
Mar 30, 2012 1:50 PM

Oct 2011
I thought the episode was pretty great, my only qualm with the episode is the ending, I would rather have seen the group high five and have it end that way.

Still a great episode can't wait till August P4 arena and the true ending come out in that month.
Mar 30, 2012 2:39 PM
Jun 2010
...better than the last episode at least. But still, kind of boring, and of course, rushed as expected. Was actually getting bored during the Ameno Sagiri fight.

Adachi still totally obnoxious....strange how he could still say some lines from the game, but still be contrary to his character from the way he's portrayed. Really hating anime Adachi. Favorite P4 character flushed down the toilet...

Ameno Sagiri....what's up with its voice? It sounded like someone squeezed its balls (pun intended). Original Japanese voice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9Ci4CfNOa4#t=26m12s
It no longer sounds menacing at all...

Judging from what was seen in the anime, I don't really think everyone getting their max persona was justified, in comparison to the game. Would rather have focused on just one person to get their max persona, with a story episode to back it up, rather than rush and cram everything.

P4 anime was decent....Overall, I think it's really good, except in the most critical scenes when it counts. Slice of life scenes actually more interesting than the confrontations and battles. *shrug*
Mar 30, 2012 2:53 PM

Apr 2010
This episode was like... really, really bad. It was full of cliche shit and that last battle was lame as heck, then sudden ending. Way too rushed.

2/5 for the episode, 7/10 for the series.
Mar 30, 2012 2:57 PM
Nov 2011
Felt like that could have been a bit more conclusive, like adachi confessing to his crimes. And Yuu's ultimate harem.

Cant wait for the true end
Mar 30, 2012 3:34 PM

Dec 2010
Where did you guys see the preview for the true end? i didn't see it in the raw..
Mar 30, 2012 3:53 PM

Jan 2010
Felt the episode was slightly rushed. Transition from end of battle to the MC leaving town could have had more scenes, hopefully the True End episode provides a better conclusion to the series.

I didn't see the preview at the end of the episode either. I found out via animenewsnetwork: http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2012-03-29/persona-4-10th-bd-dvd-to-include-true-end-episode
Mar 30, 2012 4:44 PM

Apr 2010
It was a good 'final' battle. Lucifer was totally the boss out there.
I miss the Social links parts after the battle.

I can't wait five months for the true ending. Even this episode will be a director's cut in the dvd/blueray version. And I hope to see Trumpeter in action.
Mar 30, 2012 4:45 PM

Mar 2012
I'm still on the fence with how the series concluded + the whole final episode debacle, but did anyone else notice how great the animation was in this episode? it's like the reason the rest of the series was so badly done was so they could save the budget for the finale. adachi was pretty spot on too, a lot more haunting than the game.

imo as an adaption it did pretty okay in regards to faithfulness to the source material but considering the length of the game and how much they skipped it definitely could have used an extra few episodes or at least been paced a bit better as a whole. i guess it's just a good hook to get people to buy the game? heh.

8/10
Mar 30, 2012 4:47 PM

May 2011
Oh yeah, a really nice fight, although it was short.

All in one it was a really nice anime.
Mar 30, 2012 5:10 PM

Sep 2010
I feel like they're gonna make an ova of the true end what with them suddenly tossing in the orb at the very end.
Mar 30, 2012 5:40 PM

Jan 2011
AND so it ends was really bummed until they finally did all the Max social link personas bonds all at once! would had been great if yu got Izanami-no-Okami to top it all off in the end I really enjoyed this as a person who has played the games i can forgive the pacing at art kinda and i got to see most of the moments i wanted and got a good laugh out of it 8/10 Time to wait for True ending OVA? annd Persona4Golden~.
Mar 30, 2012 5:53 PM
Dec 2007
katsu044 said:
AND so it ends was really bummed until they finally did all the Max social link personas bonds all at once! would had been great if yu got Izanami-no-Okami to top it all off in the end I really enjoyed this as a person who has played the games i can forgive the pacing at art kinda and i got to see most of the moments i wanted and got a good laugh out of it 8/10 Time to wait for True ending OVA? annd Persona4Golden~.
Izanami no Okami is not Yuu's Ultimate Persona... it's Izanagi no Okami. I know it's only one letter but really, totally different Japanese gods.

Mar 30, 2012 6:17 PM

Apr 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Awesome series :D I really enjoyed watching persona 4
Mar 30, 2012 7:06 PM

Jun 2011
Oh good, for a second there I thought they totally copped out in the Izanami boss battle.
Will be awaiting it for to be animated. =)
Mar 30, 2012 7:46 PM

Jan 2011
Leon-Gun said:
katsu044 said:
Izanami no Okami is not Yuu's Ultimate Persona... it's Izanagi no Okami. I know it's only one letter but really, totally different Japanese gods.
oops that's what i meant i get those two mixed up typo~.
Mar 30, 2012 8:04 PM

Apr 2010
Can't wait for the True End. Loved this series. 9/10
Mar 30, 2012 8:05 PM

Nov 2011
Not bad. 9/10 for me and for some reason, I like OP song 2 better for the 2nd half
Mar 30, 2012 8:14 PM

Mar 2012
This series was really rushed but they only have 25 episodes so can't blame them for condensing everything. If they really need to, why can't they just make it into 2 seasons of 24 episodes each and do it properly? Anyway Ameno Sagiri sounds like Mayuri from Bleach.

I still think that P3 would make a much better adaptation with its story but I guess they chose P4 to promote their 2 games, Golden and Arena.
Mar 30, 2012 9:03 PM

Jul 2011
Where did people watch the PV for the true end??

Mar 30, 2012 9:16 PM

Nov 2011
The ending totally threw me off. I didn't like it. It was too rushed.
Mar 30, 2012 9:21 PM

Jan 2008
I loved the ending...except for some missing tidbits here and there that were cut out due to time and money-constraints. I hope the DVD/BD releases include the real final boss battle and things they cut out, since there's still a tonne of material from the game for OVAs and specials, like Margaret as an optional boss battle, or her requests...which were required for Yuu to have the Isis persona in the final episode.
Estoy_GordoMar 30, 2012 9:26 PM
Mar 30, 2012 10:20 PM

Oct 2010
Well that was a good show~ Considering i have never really heard of the Persona series before this show came out, i was incredibly confused as to what was going on, but either way im glad i stuck with it~ I cant wait for the ova either~

Also, im amazed no one has mentioned Yu's...position when he was with Adachi.

....what.

Mar 30, 2012 11:16 PM

Mar 2012
So true end out at august and just normal ending for now..

Persona evolution and king of demons out :)
How can rise persona fight?? hahaha weird XD..

Anyway very good episode solid 4/5...

Need to wait five months for true ending now
Mar 30, 2012 11:19 PM

Nov 2008
While this show had it's moments, it ultimately amounted to being nothing more than weak sauce.
Mar 30, 2012 11:55 PM

Apr 2011
tamachana said:
Well that was a good show~ Considering i have never really heard of the Persona series before this show came out, i was incredibly confused as to what was going on, but either way im glad i stuck with it~ I cant wait for the ova either~

Also, im amazed no one has mentioned Yu's...position when he was with Adachi.
I thought that was funny too.

I wanna see Chie X Yu!
Mar 30, 2012 11:58 PM

Sep 2008
I thoroughly enjoyed this series albeit I loved the plotless episodes a ton more than when it was present.
Someday I will obtain a Vita and Atlus would have already released Persona 4 for it and I will enjoy playing it.

Until then I guess.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2012 12:07 AM

Jun 2010
Holy shit, this episode made my tits fall off... And I'm a dude.

Anywho, somebody should make a GIF of Yu
Mar 31, 2012 12:55 AM

Apr 2011
I expected... somethin better from this animation.
This ending leaves unsatisfied.
Animation is slightly spoiled during the fighting, ugh.

I'm looking forward to the True Ending.
Cause it was totally rushed (like every episodes).

I'll be glad, if they make OVA's with other pairings xd

And... OH-MY-GOD! It's Yuu x Yosuke at all!
This series is "masked" shounen-ai LOL.
Mar 31, 2012 1:58 AM
Dec 2008
I didn't expect Yuu to summon Lucifer in this episode, which was purely amazing.

Now that everything is over, I just can't wait to watch the true ending in a few months time.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 5, 2012

105 by zodismegalame »»
Jan 27, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Feb 9, 2012

72 by NN010 »»
Nov 18, 2023 6:49 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2012

112 by NN010 »»
Nov 11, 2023 6:51 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

120 by Delphantasist »»
Nov 3, 2023 9:05 PM

Poll: » Favorite Character?

JunkAccount101 - Dec 28, 2015

12 by superstaff »»
Sep 3, 2023 4:55 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.