Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 19 20 [21]
Sep 4, 2021 4:23 AM

May 2021
Nice horror
(btw 1001 post)
Sep 4, 2021 4:53 PM

Aug 2021
A beautiful anime, with some improvements it would have been better.

Oct 8, 2021 7:31 AM
Sep 2021
Did they actually pull that twist out of their asses ? Wow
Oct 29, 2021 11:36 PM

Jan 2016
The real dead person was the friends we made along the way. Bruh how does he not remember Akazawa? Guess she was too irrelevant for him to remember. I would def remember such a pretty girl...

I definitely did not see Mikami being the person. Too many red herrings.

On a more serious note, I still think the whole "Mei has a magic eye that can somehow see death" is some BS lol.
Nov 27, 2021 3:28 PM

Mar 2019
What an amazing journey this has been. The human mind is really fragile, so everything that happened wasn't just an edgy thing.

Seems like Akazawa died after all, it was a touching scene and we also found out when she met Kouichi, but it lasted too short. She had really good moments this episode, mainly when she saved Kouichi but then she just broke down as well. But I'm glad the 4 survived. I really liked Teshigawara and Mochizuki so I'm happy they made it safe. It now makes sense why the grandma wanted to kill everyone. STILL, it's so sad to not see Akazawa together with everyone :'(

So it turned out that the dead was
ALSO OMG, GRANDPA YOU ARE A GENIUS. I never thought about that.

Also can I just say how amazing Chibiki, the master of the library, was? He really had some great moments in this series.

Seems like they followed the "tradition" and also recorded themselves, but this time saying what was the most important thing, which was the advice to really talk this through with everyone so there won't be any regrets.

I enjoyed Another for what it was. Great anime and I can say that I'll miss this. I kind of wish the ending wasn't so abrupt. I wanted to see more after everything has ended. Oh yea, seems like Maejima survived, so that's good.

Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Dec 29, 2021 6:24 AM

Apr 2020
Is nobody gonna talk about how it looked like Kouichi had a heart attack right before dealing the killing blow? He just faints right then and there, and no one says anything about it. How do we know he isn't dead now and is the next "extra" student?
Jan 29, 2022 9:21 AM

Jun 2014
Wow, that was really really bad. Misaki Mei was truly the villain all along, this dumb bitch could SEE the another the whole time but stayed silent all 11.99 episodes because ???. The high rating this show has can only be from people who feel like "tfw no goth eyepatch gf" because this show is just not good
Feb 17, 2022 7:22 AM
Feb 2022
Fist horror anime ay have watch it was ok and scary and the finale was good twist is ok ay like it
Mar 5, 2022 4:19 AM

Dec 2008
Messy literally and figuratively...The show tried a bit too hard to seem scary and supernatural more than it was, and it took itself way too seriously. Didnt really explain things too well, and almost seemed like a Japanese version of Final Destination. Not a terrible show, but not really horror at all... a 6/10 at best for the gore and bit of thrills and overall plotline.
Jun 10, 2022 10:19 AM

Dec 2018
great until the last two episodes, unnecessarily overboard
Jun 13, 2022 3:29 PM

Sep 2018
Not as good as I'd hoped it would be, but an interesting ride nonetheless.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jul 11, 2022 12:44 PM
May 2022
Like it I, but I think most of the people don't like or don't really understood the story because it's isn't explaining the happenings really well but when you think about it a bit you will understand the story
Sep 22, 2022 7:15 PM
Sep 2018
Bon animé, je ne m'attendais pas à la fin
Sep 27, 2022 2:39 PM
Jul 2020
I felt like them revealing the teacher's assistant was Reiko didn't really make sense, bc even if she asked him to be discrete about them being family, when the other student hit het with the bar and she fell it is logical for Kouichi to react strongly about her being hurt or even dead. It feels like they planned for Reiko to be the dead person but didn't know how to link her to the class at the end so they merged her with a secondary character. I felt weird. Also I didn't understand the "Goodbye Reiko, goodbye mum" I thought he was revealing Reiko was his mum but then who was Ritsuko? I'm so confused about some parts from the last episode. Also why did only some of the classmates go crazy? I understand it was bc of the curse but why didn't some of them? Istg this anime was so good until this part with Reiko. It felt so weird to put that there ;-;
Sep 27, 2022 2:48 PM
Jul 2020
Cirris said:
Eh, I guess I'm the only one that thought they went stupidly overboard over the past two episodes.

Akazawa's death was retarded for the fact that she got stuck like a pin cushion to a table and Kouichi and Misaki didn't have a scratch yet they were only two feet away.

The characters still acted completely stupid and irrational. Blue haired kid took his turn to go psycho slasher.

Decent start to the series. The overall premise seemed to be a good one. But as it went on, The story regressed into a second rate forgettable slasher horror flick, with nonsensical character actions and farfetched death sequences. The show reminded me way too much of C rated movies you'd see on SciFi/SyFy and that's not a good thing in my book.

I wanted this show to succeed. I really did. I thought it could be something of a thriller suspense with scary elements. It just turned comical toward the end. It was seriously disappointing for me.

-----------------------------

BTW, I'm always one to get annoyed at people who always go "the manga was better." But in this case it really is. It's like two completely different stories. You should definitely check it out.

Completely agree, i didnt feel like it was a total failure of a show but it felt kinda like Ousama Game, the premise was really good an the first part was really well executed and then everyone goes psycho and it turns into a nonsensical blood bath. Ill be sure to check out the manga bc i really enjoyed most part of this show.
Oct 12, 2022 10:36 PM
Apr 2022
why is the ending like that :((
Oct 16, 2022 9:46 AM
Sep 2020
great wrap up of the whole story with a twist that really surprised me
5/5 would watch again
Oct 18, 2022 2:40 AM
Jul 2022
I can rewatch this over and over again
Oct 30, 2022 12:23 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I had a friend tell me they didn’t like the ending for this show but I thought this was awesome, I didn’t expect the explosive finale but imo it was very fitting for this show, and I gotta say I was not expecting Reiko/Mikami Sensei to be the yomibito/extra person, they had the idea that it could only be a student thrown out there but looking back at the connections it definitely makes sense, and it also helps explain why ignoring a student doesn’t always work, because the extra person can be a teacher lol.

Hate to see her go tho, I liked Reiko a lot, as well as her teacher persona, but the deaths that hit the hardest for me was the nurse girl Sanae and Akazawa, Sanae was the plug and had Kouichi’s back for the first leg of the show but she was one of the first unfortunate victims, and Akazawa nearly made it to the end which made her death hurt even more, she was one of the best tsundere girl designs I’ve seen in an anime and I really liked her character despite the few times in this show she was a bitch, she really was only trying to protect her fellow students which resulted in her death, although I think at that point she maybe should’ve trusted Kouichi since a lot of the class had already died at that point, but it was honorable either way.

And with that I’ve finished my main spooky month 2022 anime, I really really loved this one, the mystery was good and it had a fantastic spooky vibe, the show looked amazing too, very nice art and animation. I’m really glad most of the main cast lived to the end, like Kouichi, Mei, Mochizuki and Teshigawara. RIP to those that were lost along the way. And I also want to mention this has been a show I’ve been meaning to watch for a long time, I’ve known about it since around when it came out but it took me this long to get to it, I’m glad I finally did because it rocked. This will be a good rewatch too to pick up on the hints that I missed the first time. I’ll have to hit the OVA soon too.
Nov 15, 2022 2:15 AM
Nov 2022
not a great ending
Jan 13, 2023 10:46 PM
Feb 2021
Ending was goofier than I expected with the shamalan twist and everyone power walking. still good tho
Jan 27, 2023 2:05 AM

Jul 2014
Ok so they all started brainlessly killing each other which was completely dumb. Mei had to just tell them the dead person but it seems all she wanted the whole time is to not let Kouichi know about this. Also, there are some stuff idu , think ill have to dig through more to understand it. Nonetheless, I liked the horror vibes and the story is a bit interesting, first 4 episodes were but it still kept some interesting vibes throughout the series

8/10
Mar 14, 2023 9:57 AM

Dec 2022
Reiko being the extra, I didn't expect. Felt bad seeing her executed like that. Would Kouichi really kill her though? He's been staunchly anti-death the entire time, but he's nearly as prepared to kill his aunt as the others were to kill random classmates. At least he and Misaki lived, which I was hoping for.

To be honest, the writing is a bit tacky in this episode, but I found myself completely immersed in it anyway, in the "eyes glued to the screen" sense. For a sudden bombastic killing sequence, it didn't even feel out of place, because the characters involved were established to be not quite entirely sane from the first few episodes.
Archean-ReturnApr 17, 2023 4:59 AM

Shaded Horizon

Apr 15, 2023 10:01 AM
Apr 2021
me encanto!! es la primera vez que veo algo psychologic
Apr 25, 2023 11:40 AM
Mar 2012
the ending was magnificent
May 4, 2023 12:39 PM

Jul 2022
Damn what a plot twist!
May 9, 2023 11:18 AM
May 2023
The last time I watched this series was in 2017, and a lot of time has passed since then. Anyway, let me share my thoughts. It feels like some things were left unresolved, which gave me the impression that it was finished abruptly. Even after watching it again six years later, I still have the same feeling. Since I haven't read the manga, I can't comment on the main story, so I'll just say that it's not bad.
May 13, 2023 5:14 AM

Oct 2021
Story had too many plotholes and characters were dumb. The posts about the plot issues in this thread pretty much sum it up for me. Still, while I was close to dropping it, I'm glad I didn't because it was enjoyable despite the problems.

I'm also bummed that Akazawa died because she was my favorite character. But I don't know what the point of that soda can scene was between Akazawa and the MC. It didn't seem to add anything to the story, and why did they forget it? Maybe it was to show how she liked him? They seemed to suggest that at times, but then they went nowhere with it afterward. And going off that, maybe I'm biased, but it bothers me that she seemed to be an important character - like meeting with the MC at the cafe. But then when the MC hears that there's a clue in the classroom, he only tells those two guys (Naoya and Yuuya). It would've made way more sense if he told Akazawa, seeing as she's the head of the committee and literally invited him to that cafe that the MC eventually only meets the other two guys at.

In the end, the survivors, apart from Mei and Sakikabara, were just characters I didn't care that much about. And while I want to like Mei (and I still somewhat do), she made so many poor decisions.

At the beginning, I thought this would focus on the mystery of the original student who died, and that this current class would solve and stop it. But it ended up being a Final Destination-esque anime. This would seriously be a 10/10 anime if the plot made a lot more sense, because everything else was done so well. And if they really had to stick with this plot, I feel it should've been longer, because the last few episodes felt way too rushed.
Salty_CookieMay 13, 2023 5:25 AM
Jun 22, 2023 2:16 PM

Aug 2019
Ngl I still hated Akazawa to the end LOL I seriously hate her dude

That definitely wasn't the ending I was expecting though. I was so sure Akazawa was the killer or maybe that guy with glasses but nope, it was Reiko; and suddenly her not remembering absolutely nothing about the past makes sense, but also how Kouichi's grandfather was tired or funerals and was upset about Reiko too

Overall though, I think this series is like maybe a 7 or 8 for me. It definitely wasn't perfect, there are definitely flaws in the writing, but I still enjoyed it! It kept me on edge and creeped me out all the way through... Someone seriously has to burn that school down lol
Jul 9, 2023 9:43 PM
Jan 2019
It's utter garbage, Fruit of evolution is better.
Jul 27, 2023 2:40 PM
Jul 2023
Awesome show =D The last episode was a well fitting end ^^
Aug 1, 2023 12:46 PM

Jul 2013
SaltyCookie_ said:

I'm also bummed that Akazawa died because she was my favorite character. But I don't know what the point of that soda can scene was between Akazawa and the MC. It didn't seem to add anything to the story, and why did they forget it? Maybe it was to show how she liked him? They seemed to suggest that at times, but then they went nowhere with it afterward.
He forgot the scene because he was there to attend Reiko's funeral, making it the memory of the dead. She forgot it naturally due to passage of time, which is why she was able to recall the event later on. It's a vague hint at who the dead is, that also doubles as  a romance subtext and possibly a red herring for the MC.
JustMonakaAug 1, 2023 4:29 PM
Aug 2, 2023 2:53 AM
Jul 2023
I thought the way in which the Episode ended was unexpected but if you look back on it, it wasn't hidden that his Aunt was the Dead One, just, no-one caught on!
Oct 1, 2023 10:29 AM

Aug 2023
It had good ending at the end but I didn't knew that the extra person was reiko!
Oct 7, 2023 4:47 PM
Oct 2021
I’m just confused about what the doll sub plot was about-

Yes, I know it relates to Mei’s eye and why she can see the colour of death, but the whole twin/cousin thing seemed like a random addition that didn’t have anything to do with the plot. Moreover, I don’t exactly understand why having a doll’s eye gave her the power to see who was the extra. Am I missing something?

Just about to watch the OVA. Perhaps that will elaborate?
Oct 8, 2023 2:25 AM
Dec 2019
I highly enjoyed it but the meta note I'm taking away from it doesn't really sit right with me.
It definitely feels like the show wants and expects me to forget it, and one part of me agrees that I should; to do so plays well into the themes. However two problems with that:
1) I believe every book that has been written deserves to exist and be remembered, regardless of its content it didn't ask to exist.
2) I enjoy it so much I might come back to it periodically, it's extremely well executed imo.

Yet, not forgetting it kind of does the meta of the story a disservice to an extent.
I'm reading wayyyy too much into this
Nov 17, 2023 9:54 PM

Dec 2019
Well, that's a confusing plot twist if I've ever seen one. I just like how everyone ended up killing each other because Mei just refused to explain what happened to her twin or point out who was the dead one, and it was literally because of her inaction that over a dozen people died.

What is wrong with these people?
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Nov 20, 2023 5:44 AM
May 2017
I really enjoyed the beginning and end, but the middle felt slow.
Dec 16, 2023 10:47 AM
Jul 2017
TIENE UNA HISTORIA IMPRESIONANTE
Dec 26, 2023 11:30 PM
Jun 2022
New Volume Getting Adapted Any Time Soon ?
Dec 31, 2023 12:47 AM

Jun 2020
Well... I've accidentally read spoiler so it didn't surprise me that much but,

Well, now... I can say this one is very enjoyable, indeed. A little bit too slow at some parts but still tolerable.

Jan 17, 9:43 AM
Jan 2021
Great conclusion but the curse still exists. Maybe they planned for another season but it's too late now, I guess.
Pretty solid anime, 8/10 from me.
Mar 28, 9:05 AM
Sep 2021
A classic for horror lovers. But after some episodes it became a thriller.... but still recommended for horror
Pages (21) « First ... « 19 20 [21]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Jan 9, 2012

476 by Tucefull »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

537 by Jaakusameyumi »»
Apr 11, 7:21 PM

» Well, this ending was a bit ass. Very mixed opinions.

TrhlaSlecna - Jan 10

25 by TrhlaSlecna »»
Feb 21, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2012

341 by JoJo_Enjoyerr »»
Feb 19, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MrSteeel - Jan 23, 2012

665 by L01MK »»
Feb 11, 1:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.