Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 25, 2012 1:57 PM

Jan 2012
confuser987 said:
Very anti-climatic. I really need subs to understand this. So what happens to the flame haze now? Do they live human lives now? And has everyone who was a torch become back into existence?

Honestly though would you REALLY want Yuji to stand any sort of chance versus Shana? With the way he was thinking, if it turned out differently then he'd definitely would have left without her.
Mar 25, 2012 2:00 PM

Feb 2012
ScarletGensokyo said:
So is it just me or did Margery and Sydonay have no reason to fight at all?
And of course, why for did they kill him now that everything is said and done.
Though it ended with a good taste so all's good.

Sydonay wanted to die. He wanted to be with Hecate whom was already dead. He didn't know how long it would be until he saw her again.
In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 25, 2012 2:14 PM

Oct 2007
MapoTofu said:
9/10 for me, but can someone explain what Lamia did to the ring and why there's no Misaki City in Xanadu.
The ring was to turn Yuji back to Human if a certain condition was met. I don't think I fully understand the concept about missing Misaki City in Xanadu will make his wish come true but the whole point is Yuji want Denizen and Human live side by side while Shana only wish Denizen will not consume Human in Xanadu. It may sound similar but the two are totally different.

A great concept series with a poorly executed, sigh.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Mar 25, 2012 2:16 PM

Jan 2012
Game, i know you're reading this thread. Well anyone can help me out really, anyone know where there are any torrents for this episode? Since i shouldn't "Stream" anime :P
Mar 25, 2012 2:22 PM

Jun 2008
Am I the only one that still feels a bit confused? I'm happy it's over, it's been a long time coming. For some reason, this gets me to think more about how this season went than the ending of Mass Effect 3.
Mar 25, 2012 3:09 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
RevengeClone said:
I don't understand why people like the past seasons better. This one at least had an interesting story every episode. The last two seasons had a lot of love triangle "will they, won't they" type situations with nothing going on besides Shana being mad at Yuuji.

^This too.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 25, 2012 3:11 PM

Nov 2009
To think that the two biggest series that i started watching anime to have finally come to an end. Of course, i only was in 4 years of this large wait, but it is rather devastating to have it come to an end.

Shana was always something that stuck in the back of my mind along with ZnT. Really at first the giant wait was a little disappointing; what can live up to so many years of waiting? However, I have been put to rest. J.C. Staff cleaned up two of their long running projects and it is nice to have a clean slate. To tell the truth ZnT always gave me too much hope for harem shows, and i think i will be cutting down on those numbers. As far as Shana like shows... Well i think i will still keep them around for a while ;)

Here is looking forward to the next series to take those two spots in my heart!!!
Mar 25, 2012 3:18 PM
Nov 2010
I honestly didn't think much of this season during the first couple of episodes, but it ended being a really good show overall.
Mar 25, 2012 3:21 PM

Sep 2008
GintokiSan said:
Kimberly said:
Didn't watch it yet, but quick question for those who did.

I don't have that good of a memory, so I'm going to ask all the ppl of MAL, what shana song?

In the novels, Shana sings a love song to Yuuji ;
GintokiSan said:
Kimberly said:
Didn't watch it yet, but quick question for those who did.

I don't have that good of a memory, so I'm going to ask all the ppl of MAL, what shana song?

In the novels, Shana sings a love song to Yuuji :') very cute
Mar 25, 2012 3:29 PM

Nov 2007
Siva said:
MapoTofu said:
9/10 for me, but can someone explain what Lamia did to the ring and why there's no Misaki City in Xanadu.
The ring was to turn Yuji back to Human if a certain condition was met. I don't think I fully understand the concept about missing Misaki City in Xanadu will make his wish come true but the whole point is Yuji want Denizen and Human live side by side while Shana only wish Denizen will not consume Human in Xanadu. It may sound similar but the two are totally different.

Its time we clear some confusion regarding what happened at the end with the ring. The spell inside Azure that Lamies used did not turn Yuji back into a human. This was a translation mistake by Commie, what Shana really says is "You're not a torch anymore, you are your own existence now!". Meaning Yuji gained a brand new existence which means he no longer has to worry about disappearing. Also no, he is not "Sakai Yuji" the human anymore either, because if that was the case he would still be in the picture at the end with Hirai Yukari. If anything, you could say Yuji is now something like the denizens in Xanadu now, and will live with Shana forever.

Ahri said:
Game, i know you're reading this thread. Well anyone can help me out really, anyone know where there are any torrents for this episode? Since i shouldn't "Stream" anime :P

I recommend you bookmark this link. Just search for Shana ep 24 and you're set.

RevengeClone said:
I don't understand why people like the past seasons better. This one at least had an interesting story every episode. The last two seasons had a lot of love triangle "will they, won't they" type situations with nothing going on besides Shana being mad at Yuuji.

Because people have low attention span.
Mar 25, 2012 3:32 PM

Aug 2010
I still dont understand why they had to have that war?
Hey,Nana, do you remember our first encounter?

nee 、 nana ha 、 watashi tachi no saisho no deai oboe te?

ちょっと、ナナ、最初の出会いを覚えてますか?
Mar 25, 2012 3:44 PM

Oct 2007
game8910 said:
RevengeClone said:

Because people have low attention span.

What they watched: "Shana"

What they expected: "Urusai, urusai, urusai" OMG Shana is cute!

What they got: "A very complex story telling with characters fighting for their reason" WTH, we are not here for this shit.

UltimatePleasure said:
I still dont understand why they had to have that war?
Can you answer why shouldn't they fight?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Mar 25, 2012 4:00 PM

Nov 2007
Siva said:

What they watched: "Shana"

What they expected: "Urusai, urusai, urusai" OMG Shana is cute!

What they got: "A very complex story telling with characters fighting for their reason" WTH, we are not here for this shit.

You cant blame them, Shana is moe as fuck.
Mar 25, 2012 4:07 PM
Jan 2012
ScarletGensokyo said:
So is it just me or did Margery and Sydonay have no reason to fight at all?
And of course, why for did they kill him now that everything is said and done.
Though it ended with a good taste so all's good.

Did you forget Sydonay killed that one rookie Flame Haze in front of Margery(like, in a flash back episode)? She never forgave him for that.
Mar 25, 2012 4:20 PM

Dec 2010
So..the only thing i'm confused about is WHY did they go to Xanadu? to keep the tomogara in check?
Mar 25, 2012 4:35 PM
Oct 2011
lol @ grammatika, laughed so hard < I've suffered with the german grammatik (grammer) too much for the last 6 months

confuser987 said:
Very anti-climatic. I really need subs to understand this. So what happens to the flame haze now? Do they live human lives now? And has everyone who was a torch become back into existence?

well i've seen it with subs and don't think i've found answers to what you've asked, so i guess you don't have to waste another 20 minutes of your life :P, just ask here and hopefully you'll get an answer, gonna ask too, can anyone explain ?

ichigo03 said:
This final season made little sense!!!

Well at least to me!

Yuuji joins the "Bad guys" to create a new world where they could live in peace, the flame hazes object to this, then we have 20 episodes of war...

Many people die, and at the very end, both sides agree to the new world with the rule that they put in place???

OK...

Yuuji's main reason for doing ALL of this was to be able to live with Shana in peace, OK...

But was it really necessary to do all of this?

Like Shana said "You could've just asked".....Facepalm!!!

This final season was just so damn convoluted, it really was....I'll be very surprised if half the people that watched this anime really understood it.

Anyways, I don't think it was bad, but it definitely wasn't great.....7/10

Overall, I'm happy Shana and Yuuji get to live together and they both expressed their love, it's a "Happy ending" I guess, but the way we got here seems so damn unnecessary and too long.

I'm actually a bit disappointed by this final season, but overall I loved the Shana Series, and I will miss it.

you've said enough
Mar 25, 2012 4:47 PM
Jan 2012
PhantomEX said:
So..the only thing i'm confused about is WHY did they go to Xanadu? to keep the tomogara in check?

What I got from it was they went to:
1: Make sure the tomogara don't cause any trouble.
2: Because in Xanadu, there is no fighting, people dying, etc, unlike the normal world.

And there was that thing with the half tomogara half human baby.
Mar 25, 2012 4:56 PM
Jan 2008
What happened in the light novel was more intense, Yuji even thought about using his sword's special ability to take down Shana and atone for his sins no matter what
Mar 25, 2012 5:14 PM

Nov 2009
The ending was nice. The kiss between Yuji and Shana is something I have been waiting for since the end of Season 1 and thankfully it didnt disappoint.

The series on the whole though I found very disappointing. It seemed to have this crazy idea I should care about the Flame Hazes despite how difficult they made things. Khamsin is a great example in the episode prior to this one. I think I was supposed to care but it was that hard to sympathise with what I felt was the wrong side of the conflict that I just couldnt do it.

I give this episode an 8/10 as I understood everything that was happening and even though I was rooting for Sydonay, I'm sure he got what he really wanted when he was reunited with Hecate.

The series however has frustrated me no end with the slow pacing at the start leading onto blatantly one sided conflicts for like 12 episodes so I can only give it a 5/10 overall.

In hindsight...I'm glad it's over.
Mar 25, 2012 5:51 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Riptos said:

The series on the whole though I found very disappointing. It seemed to have this crazy idea I should care about the Flame Hazes despite how difficult they made things. Khamsin is a great example in the episode prior to this one. I think I was supposed to care but it was that hard to sympathise with what I felt was the wrong side of the conflict that I just couldnt do it..

Why do you think you are "forced" to side with anyone?

Sometimes, I am amazed at the conclusions or assumptions people make... :D
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 25, 2012 6:03 PM

Jun 2011
I think some people have some serious nostalgia issues with season 1 and 2. Many of you keep saying season 1 and 2 were better but come on really? Season 1 and 2 got messed with by JC staff and its own crap mixed in which led to some of you being confused as hell watching season 3.
Also Friagne's last fight with Shana in the first season of the anime was a convoluted fuck up that jumped about and did not flow properly at all which i noticed after rewatching season 1 before season 3 started. I also bought the only 2 english translated novels and read them before season 3, Friagane and shana fight was so much better in the novel, they did a better job of following the fight in the film. Also in the anime they added in Margery to soon she was meant to appear and mixed novels one and 2 togther they should of kept them apart in the anime and followed the novels better.

Remember that big fight Shana and Yuji were having when Lamies was introduced? OMG it was so much god damn better in novel 2, when they finaly made up Shana cried in Yuji's arms it was great their relationship at that point in the novels compared the anime was done so much better.

Sadly i did not get to read novels 3+ and did not read 5+ on bakatsuki since they wont translate novels 3 and 4 because those idiots viz still hold the licence for the Shana novels but i will say with confidence they are better not to mention i know JC staff put their own anime orginal crap in season 1.

They also did the same anime orginal crap in season 2 and how many times have i read about people bitching about season 2 and the long drawn out fake Hecate arc? Also most of you hated the love triangle in season 2 yet you all sit here now acting like season 2 was a masterpiece?

I can easily say this season 3 was the best season i filled in the gaps myself by reading up on the stuff those idiots at JC had changed or left out in the first 2 seasons so i could understand season 3 properly. They followed the novels better in this season and this is as close as you will get to the novels being properly animated.
Well all said and done i love the ending and i feel satisfied with this season i really did enjoy this season so i gave it 9/10.

Now i think i might have to skip novels 3 and 4 since they are not translated and just end up reading 5+ and up. Since the novels really are great. If you all think seasons 1 and 2 are so good the novels for them will blow you away and make the anime version of it look lame.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Mar 25, 2012 6:08 PM

Dec 2009
Ending was nice although I don't believe Sydonai should have died and that battle was completely out of place, well, right now he reunited with his beloved Hecate.

For me, the main gripe with SnS3 was that war. I can accept the beginning when the Flame Hazes didn't know anything of SoF plan to create Xanadu but after that all that war was pointless and stupid. They could have come to a table and discuss everything about rules and not eating humans instead of mindless killing.

Plus, after being against of Xanadu they go there, I mean, decide once and for all.

Shakugan no Shana 3 is the worst of the three seasons and OVA for me but the ending was acceptable after Yuuji and Shana managed to be to together and Yukari Hirai came back.

Overall: 7/10 for me.
Mar 25, 2012 6:26 PM

Sep 2011
No NO NOOOO T___T It's over now I'm so fking sad you have no idea...
Mar 25, 2012 6:30 PM

Jun 2007
For everyone who asks why the two sides didn't just negotiate at the beginning...

1. Tomogara did not enter this battle with any plans to stop devouring humans.
2. Flame Hazes did not enter the battle with any intention of negotiating with Tomogara.

The Flame Hazes forced the "no eating humans" rule into Xanadu as a last ditch effort, when it seemed they couldn't prevent the new world from being created, not as a compromise. And the Tomogara did not until those final moments decide that they were willing to live with such a rule. None of these issues would have been up for discussion prior to the war.
Mar 25, 2012 6:46 PM
Jul 2011
Why do people hate the third season? I think it was a good run just as other other two seasons were. Maybe i'm bias and I did't read the light novel. oh and this is my fist post. Yay me!
Mar 25, 2012 6:51 PM
Jan 2012
Linkark07 said:
Ending was nice although I don't believe Sydonai should have died and that battle was completely out of place, well, right now he reunited with his beloved Hecate.

I think it'd have been a bit weird if Sydonay kept hanging around Yuuji and Shana afterwards...

For me, the main gripe with SnS3 was that war. I can accept the beginning when the Flame Hazes didn't know anything of SoF plan to create Xanadu but after that all that war was pointless and stupid. They could have come to a table and discuss everything about rules and not eating humans instead of mindless killing.

The Snake of the Festival fullfills the Tomogara's wishes. He does -not- sit around a table to discuss what changes have to be made to those wishes. If you listened, you'd know that he's usually not even able to make anything the Tomogara don't wish for.

Plus, after being against of Xanadu they go there, I mean, decide once and for all.

Eh? You're not making much sense here... They don't want the Tomogara to make trouble in a new world, so they're against the new world... But once they fail to stop its creation, the only way to keep the Tomogara from making mischief is to go to the new world to police it, right? Makes perfect sense.
Mar 25, 2012 6:55 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Slicer22 said:
I think some people have some serious nostalgia issues with season 1 and 2.

Yup. But i know a lot of the fans are actually more reasonable than that.
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Mar 25, 2012 6:55 PM

Nov 2008
I'm gonna miss this series, really.
9/10
Mar 25, 2012 6:56 PM

Jul 2009
Did they just troll yuji in the last few minutes? "Your not a torch anymore!.. lets go through this portal which leaves all existence on this side (aka, turn you back into a torch..)"
Mar 25, 2012 6:59 PM

Dec 2009
Unahim said:
The Snake of the Festival fullfills the Tomogara's wishes. He does -not- sit around a table to discuss what changes have to be made to those wishes. If you listened, you'd know that he's usually not even able to make anything the Tomogara don't wish for.

He also fulfilled the Flame Hazes wishes. As far as I read in the fansub I watched, the Flame Hazes rule to make Tomogara don't eat humans failed but SoF decided to make that law because the Flame Hazes wanted it. Beside, the entire battle at Mizaki was for that law only?; that's why I said why didn't they reunite and talked about it.

They don't want the Tomogara to make trouble in a new world, so they're against the new world... But once they fail to stop its creation, the only way to keep the Tomogara from making mischief is to go to the new world to police it, right? Makes perfect sense.

What you said make sense although Yuuji said the tomogara felt respect to the humans and they wanted to live with them so I don't think that's necessary. Plus, I doubt SoF will allow the tomogara to mistreat the humans after living with Yuuji.
Mar 25, 2012 7:01 PM

Dec 2007
After that hugely dragged battle it's finally over! Pretty decent end. Not sure how to rate this at the moment. The story is more focused than the previous seasons but dragged on for too many episodes. New characters which was supposed to show up in the previous season show up now making it confusing as hell. Fights seem like they're thought out but in reality we don't know the laws of the abilities so we can't properly judge it.

I guess I'll leave it as 8/10 for now and re-evaluate later.
Mar 25, 2012 7:03 PM

Feb 2012
They didn't troll Yuji. The Spiral Organ put a spell on the ring allowing Yuji to more an existence than just being a torch.
In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 25, 2012 7:11 PM

Jun 2007
Linkark07 said:

He also fulfilled the Flame Hazes wishes. As far as I read in the fansub I watched, the Flame Hazes rule to make Tomogara don't eat humans failed but SoF decided to make that law because the Flame Hazes wanted it. Beside, the entire battle at Mizaki was for that law only?; that's why I said why didn't they reunite and talked about it.

He didn't accept that law because it is what the Flame Haze wanted, he did it because the Tomogara accepted the rule when they collectively made their wish for Xanadu. He decided that if the Tomogara chose to accept it, then he wouldn't overrule them.
Mar 25, 2012 7:12 PM

Dec 2009
TheTsunami said:
He didn't accept that law because it is what the Flame Haze wanted, he did it because the Tomogara accepted the rule when they collectively made their wish for Xanadu. He decided that if the Tomogara chose to accept it, then he wouldn't overrule them.

Oh yeah, my bad. Forgot that.
Mar 25, 2012 7:21 PM

Sep 2008
10/10, great season. I did have to ask the manga/novel readers a few questions over the course of the season but I still think the anime held up overall.
Mar 25, 2012 7:25 PM

Jan 2012
Shakugan no Shana ! I''LL MISS THIS SERIES T_T
Mar 25, 2012 7:33 PM

Sep 2009
Take that Yoshida. Fuck you.
Mar 25, 2012 7:46 PM

Jan 2012
"ok" or "bad" season overall but I was still satisfied with the ending and the last episode. I hope they do an OVA about "what happened later" because it kinda ended just everyone beign happy and no big events after it.

The OVA could be just like half of the content in earlier seasons. Just normal stuff they do everyday and shana calling Yuji "baka", yelling urusai urusai urusai! and eating melon bread.
Do you think this is a motherfucking game?
Mar 25, 2012 8:11 PM

Apr 2008
The series finally ended .. it was a satisfactory ending ... at least to me :D

Mar 25, 2012 8:24 PM
Feb 2012
at least shana and yujii are together

although we will miss them

and RIP for those who died
Mar 25, 2012 9:01 PM

Jun 2009
So... The anime that brought me into anime watching has finally ended.

Thank you, Shakugan no Shana. It's been a pleasant ride. You'll always have a special place in my heart.

"Urusai, Urusai, Urusai"
I was wondering whether she'd use this catchphrase of hers this season, guess she said it again ^_^ All this time I thought she grew out of her childishness of spouting that out...

I guess Sakai Yuji is the only person in the world that she can be her childish self around... ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2012 9:30 PM

Aug 2010
Nice ending. Overall the show was pretty good. Pretty satisfying ending for everyone other then Yoshida. She looks like she just got used.
Mar 25, 2012 9:42 PM

Nov 2010
It's finally over and i am happy and yet sad, but glad that it ended on a good note which made all 3 seasons just great, Shakugan no Shana the series will be missed by all it's fans.
Mar 25, 2012 9:49 PM
Feb 2012
It made water come out of my eyes
But suddenly I got ear-raped when I heard Hishoku no Sora.
Then I was, Oh my lord they kissed!
Finally! An Epic Ending!
Mar 25, 2012 9:51 PM

Mar 2012
I love how they brought back the feel of season 1 with "Urusai! Urusai! Urusai!" and Hishoku no Sora. Even Hirai was brought back! :) What a great ending to a great series! I'll miss Shakugan no Shana T_T Oh well, time to see s3 specials when they are available (and rewatch when I get the chance)
"If you don't allow yourself to cry, you'll never be able to smile."
~Negi Springfield
Mar 25, 2012 11:12 PM

Jan 2009
That was a fantastic ending. Better than I imagined.

Its been a long ride, and Ive loved every moment of it. Truly one of the most memorable series Ill ever watch. I admit it, I burst into tears once they kissed T_T. After Hishoku no Sora played, and that final moment we've been waiting for happened, the buildup of nostalgia and memories T_T.

Credit to JC Staff and the cast for doing a great job, and especially the original author and illustrator.

Shakugan no Shana, I will never forget you :)
Mar 25, 2012 11:12 PM

Apr 2011
LOVED IT! A great series, with a great end. I will miss the SNS series. Who knows? Maybe they'll make a new series that takes place in the SNS world. Especially with that baby and all.
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Mar 26, 2012 12:24 AM

May 2011
What a GREAT SEASON EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR =D TRUELY MEMORABLE! And a very NICEEEE WELL DONEEEEEE ENDING! CONGRATULATIONS TO JC STAFF for being PERFECT for once =)

Mar 26, 2012 12:55 AM

Sep 2008
so, i actually waited for 7 years for the kiss, im so glad seven years ago(around the time i started watching anime as an otaku) i decided to give a chance to a new anime, shakugan no shana, and for 7 years i´ve been happy for that choise, so closing that chapter in my life i can just say:

thank you, shana, Flaming Red-Haired Blazing-Eyed Hunter, shana for all of these years enjoying one of the first animes and masterpieces i´ve seen

wow...i still remember that the last time i tought of Hirai Yukari was when yuuji screamed in the cllasroom ""hello shana!"...that too was like on episode 2 or 3...7 years ago...wow times flyies fast....

still, thanks for all these years, wish you hapiness yuuji, shana.
....but an ova showing your kids wouldnt be bad....
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Mar 26, 2012 1:18 AM

Aug 2010
Even though I really wanted them to finally kiss, I died a little inside when this happened. Still, a decend ending. Gotta wipe the dust off them DVDs and rewatch the first season...

Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KimChanx3 - Oct 28, 2011

185 by k4rlo »»
May 17, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

game8910 - Nov 18, 2011

78 by Estefan »»
Jan 27, 4:56 AM

» Is it just me or does Shakugan No shana season 3 suck??

chrisedmonds - Nov 14, 2014

34 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Jan 22, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

game8910 - Dec 16, 2011

158 by burntlettuce »»
Feb 27, 2023 8:42 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

game8910 - Nov 25, 2011

81 by GoldenPincers »»
Feb 9, 2023 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.