Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 1, 2008 7:46 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And then there were two.

Faye remembers her past and Edward finds her father. Looks like things are finally starting to wrap up.

Or are they?
Nov 20, 2008 9:11 AM

Sep 2008
I almost cried on this one, i love Ed, she´s my fav character in the series, it's a shame tha she left.

Dec 18, 2008 2:32 AM

May 2008
You know, considering the end of the series, I really think that Ed and Ein HAD to leave. There'd be no easy way to deal with them if they hadn't.
Dec 26, 2008 8:04 AM

Nov 2008
I was very sad. I have to say that i cried after seeing last episode. But still its great serie and i don't imagine that there will be ever second sezon. I would ruin this wonderful anime.

Somethimes i wonder. Its history of Cowboy's Bebop crew, or mostly about Spike? And Faye, Jet and Ed are only background?

And i think tsukikage is right. I was the best way, perhaps not only, but the best in the end.
Jan 15, 2009 3:33 PM

Apr 2008
*Favourite episode.
Apr 2, 2009 4:11 AM

Nov 2007
awww =/ everyone's going their own way, the egg eating at the end was slightly odd but the music was very well placed, going to be really interesting seeing how this series finishes up.
Apr 2, 2009 4:24 AM

Oct 2008
Crimsonwill said:
awww =/ everyone's going their own way, the egg eating at the end was slightly odd but the music was very well placed, going to be really interesting seeing how this series finishes up.

Its just like a women when she is sad she gonna eat a lot of food, spike and jet didnt cry but they felt also sad because ed,ein, and faye left the bebop crew
Apr 18, 2009 8:44 PM

Mar 2009
Well, Ed and Faye weren't part the crew originally so I guess it was inevitable that both would go their own ways.
But I'm glad that Faye is trying to find out her past, even if it wasn't what she expected-whose is, anyway? But very well done scene when she runs up the hill to the house and they show childhood flashbacks (it's nice to know that shes good for more than male eye candy and wisecracks-she is pretty nice when she shows that she is really a lost little girl trapped in a woman's body. And I loved the episodes "My Funny Valentine", and "Speak Like a Child").
And I love the song "Call Me"-very well done.
I hope that Ed would finally find his father-it seems like they are good for each other.
And according to the previews, it seems as though Spike will be dealing with some stuff from his past as well.
Things seem to be coming to a head here...should be interesting.
Jun 11, 2009 7:15 AM

Jun 2009
groente12 said:
Crimsonwill said:

Its just like a women when she is sad she gonna eat a lot of food, spike and jet didnt cry but they felt also sad because ed,ein, and faye left the bebop crew

EGG THEORY:

I read somewhere why there were eating all of those eggs like that, and I got sad all over again because I think this is what it meant. We saw that Ed's dad gave them all of those eggs, and Jet was cooking them for dinner. Spike and Jet set out dinner plates for Faye, Ed, and Ein in case they came back. You can see four plates and a dog bowl full of eggs. After they finished theirs, they realized that they weren't coming back, and they ate their food (and in an almost melancholic way), too. It was almost like they were accepting it and that was their way of showing their sadness (or something).

This ep really got me. At the end when it showed that they put up Ed's pin wheel that she gave Spike, man, that was sad. "Call Me, Call Me" is one of the best songs one OST, imo. This was one of my favorite episodes because it had both humor and drama. It really showed that the Bebop crew really did care about each other.
Jun 25, 2009 10:06 AM

Feb 2009
Noooooooooooooooooooooo, why did Ed have to leave? :´(

And god, they're going to feel like crap after eating all those eggs. :P
Jul 1, 2009 7:25 AM

Nov 2008
Good episode.
Faye's background is really interesting, originnally she was just a normal schoolgirl but an accident made her to loose her memories, to live 50 years in the future and to become a real independant woman. And now, she begin to regret her past life and her innocent school days.
The contrast between the past Faye and the present Faye is quite good and the character become really deep.

The separation part was sad and the music used feet very well with this part.
Jul 5, 2009 5:33 AM
May 2009
Ed has such a bad father... It makes you think how some things could mean the world to one person and nothing to another.
Jul 14, 2009 6:00 PM

Jan 2009
Wth!
;(
I'd like tossing your salad.-"Yuru"/MMMKD
DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM MOTHERFUCKER?-SophieWophie<3
Jul 15, 2009 12:11 PM

Sep 2008
I loved this episode... though I was indeed sad when Ed left. D: But I felt really bad for her when her father just took off - chasing after the fallen meteor - and just left her there.

Faye must be Singaporean... Wouldn't think the Merlion would be anywhere but there (in Singapore), and I even know/have been to the first Merlion she saw - the one in the video. XD But her part was really deep and sad, too. Really well done. I thought the music was used very well in this episode.
Jul 16, 2009 5:55 AM
Jul 2018
My favourite episode in this series. It's one of those great moments in anime where you hold back watery eyes.

~See you cowgirl, someday, somewhere!
Jul 16, 2009 4:55 PM
Jul 2009
TerryTheLoneWolf said:
I almost cried on this one, i love Ed, she´s my fav character in the series, it's a shame tha she left.

I almost cried as well, Ed is a great character with a great personality.
Aug 28, 2009 5:22 PM
May 2008
Like the above theories on the egg eating scene, I agree that it was Spike and Jet's way of accepting Faye and Ed weren't coming back.

It was one of those really sad episodes that would have had me in tears but the way it all ended, just made me feel a little sad instead.
Oct 16, 2009 1:02 PM

Oct 2009
I absolutely adore this episode. Double backstory without going too much into detail and prepping up for the grand finale. I'll have to see how it ends though.
Oct 19, 2009 11:18 PM
Oct 2009
Maiasm said:
groente12 said:
Crimsonwill said:

EGG THEORY:

I read somewhere why there were eating all of those eggs like that, and I got sad all over again because I think this is what it meant. We saw that Ed's dad gave them all of those eggs, and Jet was cooking them for dinner. Spike and Jet set out dinner plates for Faye, Ed, and Ein in case they came back. You can see four plates and a dog bowl full of eggs. After they finished theirs, they realized that they weren't coming back, and they ate their food (and in an almost melancholic way), too. It was almost like they were accepting it and that was their way of showing their sadness (or something).

This ep really got me. At the end when it showed that they put up Ed's pin wheel that she gave Spike, man, that was sad. "Call Me, Call Me" is one of the best songs one OST, imo. This was one of my favorite episodes because it had both humor and drama. It really showed that the Bebop crew really did care about each other.

yea in some points in the series spike said things like "why do we have a kid an annoying girl and a dog living with us i hate all of them"

at the end of the episode they just wanted to convey they were a family u know, they all cared for each other.

they had it good put they all felt that they should being get more out of there lifes making something for themself.

but you want to say why did spike leave why did faye keep on leaving why did ed leave when they had it all on the bebop.

the dog went with ed cuz it would be to damn sad if she just went out all by her self
Dec 19, 2009 9:45 AM

Nov 2009
legit cried after this =(

The running scene with faye and the music at the end were both amazing.
"Father yearned for yesterday. You yearn for today. I yearn for tomorrow." -Lelouch
Dec 28, 2009 6:08 AM
May 2008
Kind of a sad ending, even though Faye and Ed just left. Then "Real Folk Blues" playing just added to the other all mood of the ending.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jan 3, 2010 1:12 PM

Sep 2009
Wow.... that was so sad.... Jet and Spike are left alone again...
No sig :(
Jan 20, 2010 11:05 PM

Dec 2008
saddest ep ever
Feb 16, 2010 4:12 PM

Jun 2008
Maiasm said:
EGG THEORY:

Haha, I'm not too sure about this theory. I think yes, on the surface, it's about them finishing the women's portion, but I think all they meant to say was that if they wanted to get tough like Ed's dad, they needed to eat more eggs. Plus all the imagery of Ed being the youngest, the hiyoko (chick) being the omiyage of Earth, the song "Egg and I", etc.

But yah, this episode is really sad and touching. When I first saw this episode a looong time ago it made me so sad to know this series was coming to an end and I would be losing these characters as friends. Very touching.
May 16, 2010 1:51 PM

Apr 2009
I, sir, am sobbing like an idiot.
The music (was it Conte at the end, btw?) was perfect.
What nailed it for me was Faye-Faye drawing herself a bed on the ground. Oh my God. Okay, I said 22 was the best CB episode; and it was, until this one.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jul 8, 2010 1:50 PM

Mar 2009
Faye, Ein & Ed are gone? :<!
but it's atleast good for them that their past is coming back to them..
Faye remembers what happens to Earth and her life before, Ed & her dad reunited and Ein left with Ed.
Good episode but sad.

Jul 29, 2010 11:07 PM
Sep 2007
Does anyone know titles of the 3 songs that were played in ep 24?
Jul 31, 2010 5:20 PM

Jan 2010
nooooo everyones parting ways why :'(

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Sep 12, 2010 4:13 AM

Aug 2010
I frickin' can't believe that Ed is gone. Who's going to save the rest from mutant-space pudding now?

Sep 12, 2010 10:09 PM

May 2010
I am upset, truly. This episode focused on the past of two characters in one episode.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 16, 2010 2:35 PM

Aug 2010
Bye Bye ED you will be missed
Nov 13, 2010 7:29 AM

Oct 2009
Dam i nearly cried :S
Such a awesome OST and superb direction ♥
Nov 14, 2010 8:22 AM

Aug 2010
loved the nuns prayer and ed saying this is the father person!

To sum it up, it was an emotional episode. It's so hard to choose an episode you like then another episode replace your previous one.

The rest of the crew maned up and toke their emotions out on the egg left behind to be eaten.
Nov 14, 2010 11:45 PM
May 2010
Confucius said:
I am upset, truly. This episode focused on the past of two characters in one episode.

Indeed, I wonder why they did that... I am not pleased.

And why the hell did Ed have such a weak past? I think she was the only character I didn't care for at all to the very end.
Dec 29, 2010 5:46 AM

Oct 2009
xephemeroptera said:

The running scene with faye and the music at the end were both amazing.
Jan 5, 2011 2:17 AM
Dec 2010
Cenedess said:
I, sir, am sobbing like an idiot.
The music (was it Conte at the end, btw?) was perfect.
What nailed it for me was Faye-Faye drawing herself a bed on the ground. Oh my God. Okay, I said 22 was the best CB episode; and it was, until this one.

The drawing the bed in the dirt amongst the ruins of her childhood home scene was.....I'm not even sure quite how to describe it. Few scenes in any medium have made me feel like that. Very few.
Feb 15, 2011 12:42 AM

Oct 2008
I don't want Ed and Ein to leave. :(
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Feb 18, 2011 3:58 PM

Aug 2010
The thing that really surprised me was how Ed's father was able to keep up with Spike in a fight, I'd have liked to have seen more of his character.

Best episode imo, ending was so sad.
Feb 27, 2011 8:34 PM
Sep 2010
it really sucked that it's now back to the duo. I wasn't expecting the team to go their separate ways; wasn't expecting the dog to leave too. This was a good but sad episode.
Uploader53
Apr 17, 2011 8:27 PM
Apr 2011
As far as Ed and Ein go, yeah, it was really sad, but unfortunately it's also true that given the ending, they kind of did have to leave. If I cried more often it would definitely be one of those cry-moments for me.

As far as Faye goes, I find it kind of similar to Asuka from Evangelion. Prior to ever knowing anything about their past I usually just thought "What a jerk character." But really thinking about it, it's why I kind of respect Faye as a character. It's not because of the fanservice, but how the current her vs. younger her clash, and how she would quickly develop an "Don't trust anyone, since they'll only leave you" kind of mentality. And then how her character continued to develop a bit more in the next few episodes.
Apr 23, 2011 8:33 AM

Jul 2010
Pure genius episode. Not exactly a tearjerking ending, but it was hard-hitting and very touching for sure, with just about everything coming full circle, back to how it was at the start. Loved the way Jet and Spike ate the eggs.
May 10, 2011 2:24 PM

Sep 2009
And it all comes around.
May 16, 2011 3:06 PM

Oct 2009
Ed and Ein are gone. :( Their departure was perfect though. This show just knows how to get every single thing right.
Jul 1, 2011 11:14 AM

Dec 2010
Best episode of the series. Hearing 'Call Me, Call Me' at the end always makes me tear up. Just one of the most perfect moments in any anime
"Ah yes, the demon drink...'Nature's Alzheimer's' they call it"
Aug 17, 2011 12:44 PM
Aug 19, 2011 5:22 PM

Aug 2010
One of the best if not saddest episodes of the series.
Sep 5, 2011 8:01 PM

Jan 2011
One of my favorite episodes :( Plus the ost was amazing beautiful for this episode.
Nov 15, 2011 12:30 AM

Jul 2009
Wow, that was deep.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2011 11:56 AM

Feb 2009
The women had it rough this episode, no place to return to, or one filled with hardships.

Tears started falling when Ed said goodbye. The music... OH THE MUSIC! Simply brilliant ending.

See You Cowgirl, Someday, Somewhere...
Jan 14, 2012 11:02 PM
Jun 2011
Kaizokuou said:
Maiasm said:
EGG THEORY:

Haha, I'm not too sure about this theory. I think yes, on the surface, it's about them finishing the women's portion, but I think all they meant to say was that if they wanted to get tough like Ed's dad, they needed to eat more eggs. Plus all the imagery of Ed being the youngest, the hiyoko (chick) being the omiyage of Earth, the song "Egg and I", etc.

But yah, this episode is really sad and touching. When I first saw this episode a looong time ago it made me so sad to know this series was coming to an end and I would be losing these characters as friends. Very touching.

I personally felt that since talking about food and being hungry has been a recurring theme and motivation to hunt for bounties in the series eating all those eggs was a bitter catharsis for Spike and Jet: for once they had all they could eat but finding that it wasn't satisfactory when the others were gone. Things hit hardest when you don't recognise them at first just like Spike and Jet probably didn't want to admit that they felt genuinely sad to lose their companions. Also, it is fitting for the second to last episode that now when they don't have 5 mouths to feed and less of a reason to hunt for bounties the series can be wrapped up.

Pure genius episode, indeed.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Metty - May 14, 2008

626 by Mirrow »»
May 14, 11:44 PM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ManU-Alchemist - Jun 14, 2008

123 by Shobbrook »»
May 8, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ManU-Alchemist - Jun 13, 2008

207 by Shobbrook »»
May 8, 1:11 AM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

FighterZ - May 2, 2008

133 by ItachiSanStatus »»
Apr 29, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KillthisAccount - Jul 23, 2009

132 by RioFS »»
Apr 26, 9:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.