Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 6, 2012 7:34 PM
Apr 2011
As a huge SnO fan and professional nerd, I did a 34 minute video review of this movie, and why I thought it was fucking terrible and a disgrace to the SnO franchise.

http://www.ultimateotaku.com/2012/06/11/the-best-review-of-sora-no-otoshimono-a-clockwork-angelroid-script/
Jul 10, 2012 9:34 PM

Sep 2010
Guys, chill. sora no otoshimono 3rd season will make up all the bad things that happened in the movie.
Aug 30, 2012 10:44 PM

Jan 2012
the recap overstayed its welcome. it was a smart idea but it was on for 40 minutes long! it ruined the build up and made me didn't care for the second half.

cant think of a smart thing out of 10.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Sep 5, 2012 5:01 AM

Sep 2012
I didn't like this movie. Cause it's too far away from the manga. It's ok to change a little the story to make a good adaptation, but.. Why something like this ? In the manga we got a badass Nymph all the way, and nothing this intense was here.

Waiting for season 3, but my expectations are low after this movie.
Sep 10, 2012 8:00 PM

Sep 2011
This movie was by all means TERRIBLE, just friggin' terrible, i can't believe they screwed up the whole movie, First 40 minutes was all Recaps and unnecessary crap, the second half was more retarded and annoying Sohara and Prez, What the hell? if he wants to go with the girl somewhere, why are you acting like a bunch of immature twits? I really dislike those two characters and i'm sure most agree with me.

Also the scene where they were eating panty rice when Sugata and the others came in pissed was just plain stupid, unnecessary and really really disgusting, what kind of treatment is that? were they actually expecting us to laugh at it? oh, and the lightbulb thingie...wow, just...my faith in this anime has decreased significantly, if they're going to make more disgusting scenes like those then i might aswell find a way to erase my memory. ugh *facepalm*

Sorry for the rant guys, i just wanted to let out all my confused emotions and my huge disappointment with this movie.

@Avenir
Lol i'm not even going to bother watching Season 3, They make Tomoki look like a total idiot, everyone hits him, a certain butthurt someone karate chops him all the time, everyone treats like him crap, and what's more disturbing is that they make him look like a masochist ._.
Oct 14, 2012 11:18 AM

May 2010
That was horrible. 40 minutes of flashback and the rest filled with some last minute "story" like the regular series. A waste of my time
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 2, 2012 3:35 AM

Aug 2011
Nymph : "Any human who knows this fact will be infected by deletion! If that's the case then you'll realize it. That the reality near you...is not real!"

I never read the manga and I might going to read it now. But can someone tell me what Nymph was talking about? So the "Downers" are like matrix or something?
Nov 12, 2012 9:10 AM
Jul 2012
At first i thought it was wack because it spent the first half of the movie recapping the 2 seasons, but then the rest of the movie was fucking awesome, so much fucking win. Even though tomokis facial expressions after the credits were really gay, I think i found a new favourite series. Defintely going to read the manga now and cant wait for season 3.

AND I NEED MOAR NYMPH SHE IS SO FUCKING CUTE
Nov 19, 2012 4:39 PM
Oct 2012
JavierR said:
At first i thought it was wack because it spent the first half of the movie recapping the 2 seasons, but then the rest of the movie was fucking awesome, so much fucking win. Even though tomokis facial expressions after the credits were really gay, I think i found a new favourite series. Defintely going to read the manga now and cant wait for season 3.

AND I NEED MOAR NYMPH SHE IS SO FUCKING CUTE
hmm if its true that hiyori realizes that tomoki doesnt love her then obviously he is going to pick ikaros
Nov 24, 2012 9:55 PM

Oct 2012
Ah I really like Hiyori , she got the courage to tell Tomoki that she liked him :) and the three girls are mad about tomoki hahaha
Dec 13, 2012 8:56 AM

Oct 2012
I have watched the movie but not the original series. I found out that the movie had a recap of everything what happened before in tv series. Is there any point to watch the original tv series now? What stuff was not shown in the movie that had happened before in original?
Paul123asdfDec 13, 2012 9:42 AM
Dec 13, 2012 5:54 PM
Nov 2012
Paul123 their are just a lot of funny scenes when watching the original series. Its a really funny series in general, so I highly suggest that you watch it. Also as a tip look for scenes after the credits.
Dec 14, 2012 7:16 PM

Jan 2012
At the start of the first 40-50 mins I thought I was watching the series instead but after the recap I enjoyed it. Now Just have to wait for Season 3 to be aired.

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Dec 18, 2012 4:46 PM

Mar 2012
A bit disappointed that the movie was for the most part, a recap with implanted scenes of the new girl, but the 30mins of the movie that explained her story was done rather well considering how short it was....not a bad watch to fill in down time

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Dec 21, 2012 7:29 AM

Jun 2009
Well...

Is Tomoki going to wage war against Synapse after this movie for killing Hiyori? Because if I'm in Tomoki's shoes, I freaking will!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 30, 2012 8:08 AM
Oct 2011
This series is getting worse and worse by the episode. The movie was plain terrible, and no, I'm not talking about the 1 hour recap.

Why was the new girl necessary? Why is the whole series recycling itself? Why the hell do we need a new girl added to the harem every season?

It just seems to me the author can't think of anything original anymore after the first season, so she's just recycling things. Ok the recycled things were fun in Forte and Astrea was a cool addition (Chaos wasn't), but it's seriously getting boring, the movie offered nothing new.

4/10, could've got lower if not for the recaps, since they were the best part of the movie.

Now I'm going into the 3rd season with literally 0 expectations.
Candor123Dec 30, 2012 8:11 AM
Feb 7, 2013 10:05 PM

Nov 2011
Lol wth @ beginning of this film. That freaking chicken.

Seems like there's a new girl who also likes Tomoki. Well, the girls looks cute in their yukata. That's for sure. Oh God, that band song..was just golden (not in the best way though lol). Well, at least it has some rhythms to it. The real song was much better though.

Ah, Astersa is still a dumbass. 1 +1 = 50.

Dem memories.

I have to say that Hiyori is actually an appealing character in this movie. Wouldn't mind seeing more of her especially after that event.

Well, I surprisingly enjoyed this film more than I thought. 7/10 overall. Hope Hiyori makes appearances in S3.
Feb 11, 2013 12:11 AM
Feb 2010
Loved the movie, and the only drawback was that the first 30 Minutes were a recap of season 1 and 2 with Hiyori inserted even though the audience had an idea of her from season 2. I will say this, the humor used in the recap was funnier than all get out.
iCardsFeb 15, 2013 10:46 PM
Feb 12, 2013 9:41 PM

Aug 2009
I would have liked it a lot more if the first half of the movie wasn't mostly a recap.
Feb 26, 2013 7:10 PM

Jan 2013
With this coming in the mail tomorrow gonna try and re watch seasons 1 and 2 before I get it. This was the 2nd anime I ever watched and loved how comical yet serious this was at times. So glad they made a movie for this series and season 3 coming eventually. Woo :D
Feb 26, 2013 7:13 PM

Jan 2012
BeamyZinger said:
With this coming in the mail tomorrow gonna try and re watch seasons 1 and 2 before I get it. This was the 2nd anime I ever watched and loved how comical yet serious this was at times. So glad they made a movie for this series and season 3 coming eventually. Woo :D
BeamyZinger said:
I'm really afraid they just dropped the 3rd season again. It's been quite a while since we heard anything about it, maybe the movie bombed so badly that they decided not to continue? I'm just guessing here though, hope I'm wrong and we'll get another season soon.

This was also one of the first anime I watched, I was so goddamn hyped by that cover, I expected another Madoka or something :D Still wasn't disappointed, everything (especially the romance) involving Ikaros was just beautiful, I'd love the show to be more serious overall.
Also, still have my SnO poster hanging ~~
Mar 15, 2013 2:33 PM

May 2012
Really great movie, at first I was like damn this is just a recap but as soon as the second part started I sure was amazed, the character we had a slightly scene of in the last season was here just beautiful and to have such a strong character story attached to it (angeloid and met in the past)!

The whole second part sure was great and suited me more than the first couple seasons! All by all the small recap made it quite good as an introduction to catch up with everything and how it was taken from a different perspective was also quite nice!

We know a bit more of Synapse and the feelings of everyone... The confession and kiss sure topped it off!

Great movie of this Anime! Can't wait for the third season! 9/10
Mar 17, 2013 12:53 PM

Jun 2012
Damn that was pretty good. The recap was good and the second half was excellent.

Though considering what anime this is the movie was surprisingly sad, though I did like it. I actually put off watching it for a bit because someone told me is was sad and I was surprised to hear this. After watching this I realized its been some time since s1 aired. Now I'm ready for s3.

Overall 8/10
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

May 13, 2013 6:04 PM

Aug 2012
Not cool man :( , I was rooting for Hiyori too

*Edit , just watched the end credits .. is she coming back ? hopefully so
AcropyreMay 13, 2013 6:10 PM
May 13, 2013 8:21 PM
Dec 2012
Guess you will have to wait for season 3 to find out
Jun 8, 2013 8:18 PM

Sep 2009
wow i was so late in watching this movie but i finally finished it, by the way the there was too much recap, and all of you should get the ending, Hiyori didn't die at that explosion she came back and Tomoki saw it we can even hear her hair ornament( and in the pictures her image came back, testifying that she is still alive), so basically she would make an appearance in the third season as an angeloid obviously, but i don't why Hiyori is only a supporting character in the 3rd season written here on MAL. Ohh well she still a supporting character in the manga version i think that's why.

Geez they already change the story a little why couldn't they just make Hiyori one of the main characters.

and by the way changing her powers was awesome, i mean c'mon it wouldn't much of a challenge if she only have weather controlling powers.
devilscornerJun 8, 2013 8:21 PM
Jun 17, 2013 11:17 PM

Mar 2012
At this point I couldn't care about the recap, I'm a little destroyed by it all. For the entire series I felt like it's been the typical harem warfare, with perverted antics and Tomoki getting punished like all hell. Which is fair enough, it's been funny I admit (I do love this series). But I was truly astounded by the fact that one of the background characters who has been there THE WHOLE TIME was actually admiring him throughout many key parts. I thought it was a stroke of genius, and how they foreshadowed this movie in the episode where Sugata saw the dream she was having. The fact that Tomoki met a girl who loved him for who he was, no matter what, without having any of the stupid, cliche anime girl bs; it was unconditional love, the kind of love people fantasize their waifus to have. It was really nice; a change of pace to have this girl character without any silly limitations or tsundere like attitudes to be in love with the main character. Yet it hit me that it's exactly why it wouldn't last. I knew she wasn't 'real' and I knew there had to be a catch. Strange comparison, but it reminds me of the time Johnny Bravo found a girl that actually liked him only for her to go away at the end; it kinda made me realize what would happen. And just like that, she dies in a gruesome way, only to come back as an angeloid (in a decent battle I admit) and die right before his eyes. To me that was soul crushing. Ok sure sure, i still like Ikaros and Nymph, and I'd still love to see Ikaros get somewhere with him. But the sad truth is that no matter what, especially with tsundere violence Sohara around all the time, he'll be back to the harem anime girls situation with their complicated love bs. To build up this pure hearted girl who loved him unconditionally, only for her to die...that to me is sadder than any of the so called 'feels' animes. *sigh* Rant over=/
---
Twitter: @JusticeSoulTuna
Wordpress: JusticeSoulTuna
Youtube: JusticeSoulTuna
I'm literally JST everywhere
Jun 22, 2013 10:26 AM

Aug 2012
Well, I don't want Hiyori to come back in season 3, I hope she's dead. ('^')
Jun 27, 2013 9:09 AM

Aug 2012
KAIOKEN1113 said:
Asteris said:
Well, I don't want Hiyori to come back in season 3, I hope she's dead. ('^')

You monster...

>///< rawr~!
Jun 29, 2013 1:05 AM

May 2013
Can't wait for season 3!
Jul 1, 2013 1:30 PM

Apr 2010
I'm glad I watched this later so the recap didn't bore me instead it reminds me of the good times of the previous seasons. Hiyori is just so adorable every time she blushes. Overall I really enjoy the movie, feels good to see back the characters. Now I'm hyping for season 3.
Jul 22, 2013 12:35 PM

Mar 2013
I was caught out by the darker nature of this movie, felt really sorry for Hiyori. I wonder how series 3 will pan out when it finally happens seeing as the anime is apparently deviating from the manga considerably now. I hope Hiyori returns but also it'd be good to see Tomoki take that experience and the fact Chaos is now in the fold as motivation to start trying to be more responsible (although he keeps failing in his attempts to be more mature). I think that idea could work well in the next series but guess we gotta wait and see.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Jul 25, 2013 8:44 PM

Aug 2011
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........

It started off really great to my liking, by the end though....... yeah.
Aug 5, 2013 1:58 AM

Nov 2010
This was a really good movie and i love the animation so much.
7.5/10
Aug 5, 2013 2:08 AM

Nov 2012
holy...! this movie is best so far..! this is the best of the series.. damn I'm speechless in the end.. hiyori!!!! :/
why she must dead.. :'''( God.. it is just so beautifull! XD I love it!
it has been so long since I watch a beautifull movie like this! XD

damn.. I really want the season 3 now XD looks like it is the end of the series *maybe :3

and DAT SMILE of TOMOKI in the end.. damn it just so beautifull!! XD
Aug 26, 2013 3:31 AM

May 2013
Great movie with a nice and sad ending.

9/10
Sep 16, 2013 11:04 AM
May 2012
YES FUCKING YES I ALMOST CRIED T_T

Hiyori is just adorable I like her and from the very start I have a feeling that she'll not die she didn't die right? she came back and that is just beautiful this movie is awesome I didn't mind the recap I never did in any anime it's fine by me Hiyori's love I want it in real life I hope I can find that kind of love in real life.

I'm gonna miss this anime now I shall wait for the season 3 to come I shall wait even though it's taking so long for them to air it I shall wait.

Thank you ;)
Sep 27, 2013 4:07 AM

May 2013
must say the movie and the tv serie has no balance

in the movie someone die, but in the tv serie when the situation is very most like that someone need to die but no one does,

well a lot of talking in both of the tv serie ova and movie,

i think this anime is fine but no where near it current rating

6/10
Sep 29, 2013 2:31 PM

Apr 2009
movie was OK

i can also not wait for the 3 season
Oct 4, 2013 10:33 PM
Sep 2013
Eh...this movie feels like they just decided to take a recap special and an OVA, stick them together, and market it as a feature length film...
Oct 24, 2013 7:57 PM

Jul 2013
This move was great, I almost started balling at the end but it is still really good

Tony Cole
Nov 5, 2013 1:57 PM

Aug 2012
I started this movie expecting some comedy but why does my heart aches so much in the end?Whyy?? :(
Nov 25, 2013 6:32 AM

Oct 2012
Oh Pyou... Everyone really forgot about you
Even after you appeared in this movie xD
Dat OP

The ending... Not okay :(
I know it's (very) different than the manga
But at least give me a happy ending!!

The last scene is so... vague?
Yeah.. It's the sign that she's alive...

And last... TV series' rating = PG13 and Movie's rating R
Why is it like that??
"Signature removed"
Dec 4, 2013 12:30 PM
Nov 2013
I actually did enjoy the movie, coming from a perspective of having not read the manga. My only gripes are (as seems to be several opinions of others as well) the recap was just way too long, which had the effect of making the rest seem a bit rushed once the recap was over. That and they show Chaos still in the pod in the movie being "fixed", yet in the final episode of Forte this was already done. Other than those 2 minor gripes, it was very enjoyable.....not the 10/10 I give the show....but a solid 8 out of 10 imo.
Jan 11, 2014 5:53 PM
Dec 2012
Pretty good movie. It was hilarious and the ending was quite emotional. The recap was way too long imo.

Hiyori is really cute, too bad she had to die. :<
Jan 24, 2014 6:06 PM
Jan 2014
I thought the movie was great and fell head over heals for Hiyori Kazane. The place I go to watch anime is http://kissanime.com/G/91998?l=http%3a%2f%2fkissanime.com%2f
Jan 24, 2014 6:11 PM
Jan 25, 2014 6:09 PM

Sep 2013
1 hour and 10 mins of recap, padded with extra scenes of Hiyori. Nothing really standing out about this movie at all.

5/10, only because i got to see Nymph and Ikaros again.
Feb 8, 2014 1:10 PM

Sep 2013
the ending was different from the manga :(

Even though it's still great but I prefer the other ending. I hate sad endings.

Hiyori just wanted to live happy and be around with Tomoki. Atleast she kissed him at the end.
eunoia33Feb 8, 2014 2:45 PM

May 24, 2014 1:15 AM

Jul 2013
half of it was a recap/flashback... anyway it was good.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» i want to share with u something ^_^

Idanluz22 - Sep 5, 2014

3 by PzKpfw_VI_Tiger »»
Sep 14, 2019 7:09 AM

» The ending was completely different...

Scootboi - Dec 21, 2013

4 by RX-chan »»
Apr 1, 2019 2:50 PM

» I don't get why it's R 17 on MAL

removed-user - Jan 8, 2018

0 by removed-user »»
Jan 8, 2018 1:23 PM

» After finishing sora no otoshimono first movie, what manga chapter should i read from?

guhthix - Apr 17, 2015

8 by Altairius »»
Apr 17, 2015 7:18 PM

» Another new movie?!

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2013

2 by Verzweif »»
Oct 23, 2013 2:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.