Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 27, 2008 11:16 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I just saw this RAW.

The first thing I want to say is R.I.P. RYOFU HOUSEN! Really too bad they made her go away...sniff sniff :(

On the happy end ^_^ , Saji Genpo gets to be saved and Ryomou gets to turn out ok.

Housen's last battle was very memorable but probably not as good as all the ones in 1st season.

Possible 4th season---->WE NEVER KNOW WHAT HAPPEN TO TOUTAKU AND THE WOMEN IN WHITE CLOTHING (Forgot the name). So that would be cool.

Really emotional had some tear episodes in this one but this episode most likely beats all the others in this series of Ikkitousen.

COOL CLOTHINGS AT THE END OF THIS EPISODE!

HOUSEN-SAMA WE WILL ALL MISS YOU AS A CHARACTER IN IKKITOUSEN!
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Aug 27, 2008 1:16 PM
Aug 2008
I just Watched It Raw

And Didnt Understand the Japanese

Im So Sad Housen Died :/

There Better Be A Series 4 Or ill Explode
Aug 27, 2008 2:34 PM

Dec 2007
great episode ^0^ so sad that Ryofu died ;___;
cant wait for the 4th season ;___;
Aug 28, 2008 11:38 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Best episode of the whole season. Overall disappointing though, even for Ikkitousen. 5/10

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Aug 28, 2008 11:56 AM

Dec 2007
Well.. it's over for this time.

Turned out to be a happy ending after all, I guess...

I'll Give it a 6/10. But that's only because I'm a sucker for the fan service. But, It had no storyline whatsoever..

BellusAug 28, 2008 1:47 PM
Aug 28, 2008 12:42 PM
Sep 2007
It was very promising at the beginning in my opinion, but after a few episodes it started getting worse and worse. Still better than previous season though.

Overall: 6
Story: 5
Art: 7
Sound: 8
Characters: 7
Enjoyment: 6
Aug 28, 2008 3:36 PM

Jun 2008
This was the first Ikki Tousen season I've watched, no problems on keeping up with it because I'm quite familiar with RoTK and I've read the character profiles off wikipedia.

I didn't expect a LOL LET'S BE FRIENDS ending, but maybe that's what they could do due to time restraints or the very nature of the series.

They pressed the reset button at the end, Son Ken and Sa Ji left, Ryo Fu went back to being dead, and fake Sa Ji got his hair back to yellow, and could keep using that name in a future season if needed. Only thing that really changed was the status of Ryo Mou's dragon.
Aug 28, 2008 4:23 PM

Jul 2008
Legendary said:
Nothing interesting at all. I liked ikkitousen more when there were some fights in the serie. It was a pretty horrible show to watch compared to the previous season. :/

Send this to the guys who made the series...actually I think we should all send something like these comments so they put more fights in season 4. For sure there is going to be one, I mean Moutoku is back so there might be something going.

What you and you guys think??
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Aug 28, 2008 10:49 PM

Dec 2007
one of the best ep of the whole season r.i.p. Ryofu
Aug 29, 2008 12:22 AM
May 2008
RandomOugi said:
This was the first Ikki Tousen season I've watched, no problems on keeping up with it because I'm quite familiar with RoTK and I've read the character profiles off wikipedia.

I didn't expect a LOL LET'S BE FRIENDS ending, but maybe that's what they could do due to time restraints or the very nature of the series.

They pressed the reset button at the end, Son Ken and Sa Ji left, Ryo Fu went back to being dead, and fake Sa Ji got his hair back to yellow, and could keep using that name in a future season if needed. Only thing that really changed was the status of Ryo Mou's dragon.

maybe this is a filler season to make time for the manga, is the manga still running?

also, I got started watching ikkitousen the same way, but I watched the first 2 seasons just before this one started.
Aug 29, 2008 1:52 AM

Feb 2008
It's finally over! Whooo! =P
This was probably the best episode of the entire season.
Going to give it a 6/10.
Aug 29, 2008 9:36 AM

Nov 2007
the last two episodes were the best out of this entire series, but it was not enough to redeem itself. i think the only parts i like the best were the op/ed and the songs.

ok, one thing that was pure crap to me was the ton fight last epi. wth, he was fighting for what an entire week straight against that girl. then ryofu dying, random and they could at least have given a reason as to how she was resurrected or died. and the dragon fight, so sub par. this was not ikkitousen at all. i know ikkitousen is not supposed to be amazing story wiise but this was horrible. even the ecchi scenes were repeated. the same piece of clothing always seemed to get destroyed. couldn't they make it a lil interesting and destroy a different part of the shirt.

overall very disappointed. 5/10
Aug 29, 2008 2:09 PM

Jul 2008
crazy_eights said:
the last two episodes were the best out of this entire series, but it was not enough to redeem itself. i think the only parts i like the best were the op/ed and the songs.

ok, one thing that was pure crap to me was the ton fight last epi. wth, he was fighting for what an entire week straight against that girl. then ryofu dying, random and they could at least have given a reason as to how she was resurrected or died. and the dragon fight, so sub par. this was not ikkitousen at all. i know ikkitousen is not supposed to be amazing story wiise but this was horrible. even the ecchi scenes were repeated. the same piece of clothing always seemed to get destroyed. couldn't they make it a lil interesting and destroy a different part of the shirt.

I guess too many things that are vague and the repetition was there a little from some elements of the first season in the 2nd season so no surprise in the 3rd season but also less headaches to do new ones so yeah YOU CAN SAY THESE GUYS WHO MADE THE 3rd SEASON WERE LAZY! Just thinking of what you wrote.
Aug 29, 2008 2:51 PM

Mar 2007
cyruz said:
Best episode of the whole season. Overall disappointing though, even for Ikkitousen. 5/10

Dunno if it was the best episode. I kinda prefer the Dark!Ryuubi episode. But definitely sup-par for Ikkitousen, which is pretty damn bad.

crazy_eights said:
i think the only parts i like the best were the op/ed and the songs.

Agree++.

crazy_eights said:

I totally agree with this. Nothing actually freaking happened for the first 12 mins or so of animation in the last episode. They could have used that time to develop the characters or even to give a cool explanation for Ryomou's Dragon and what it was doing, how it was even existing outside of her. Meanwhile a single punch from Hakufu lays Ryomou's Dragon down for the count? Are you freaking kidding me?! If that's all it took, why didn't she do it 30mins earlier and avoided this whole bullshit situation? Or hell, how about explaining what happened to that Dragon afterwards? Did it just go back into Ryomou? Nothing of that was shown either.

Ryofu's "death" was something that one could have seen coming a mile away, but no foreshadowing, even remote foreshadowing, was provided in episodes previous to this. It's like they decided at the very end -- oh, let's just kill her back off. It'll make a good ending.

The epilogues were shoddy as all-get-out. Great, you give me a 20-second resolution to the Ryomou/Saji dynamic, that thing you've been building on me ALL SEASON LONG. The fact that Ryomou has been pining over Saji in some shape or form for 2 seasons deserves more than 20 seconds of airtime showing her avoiding one of his passes. And for what? Not to be critical here, but while Ryofu's choice of dying words were quite inspirational, they were entirely... vague. Should she not die for her Lord if it's necessary? Perhaps it was just bad translation/editing on behalf of Chihiro, but I suppose that doesn't surprise me either, nor does it truly matter... Bad writing can't be helped by bad translation/editing. :P

Sousou's re-appearance is frustrating also. Another mysterious resurrection unexplained. Another obvious and pitiful pointer toward a fourth season. Why freaking bother? They had Sima Yi who died an actual ambiguous death, that you could have easily explained away. Instead they decided to resurrect the guy who would have had to survive not one, but two Dragons, one of which (again I can't let it die) laid another Dragon to rest in one punch?

The fanservice is now balls. (Am I the only one who missed the fact that in the first two seasons that they pretended to leave some shreds of clothing, instead of just giving nudity? Or that the only goddamn time Ryomou had her maid outfit was in the very last episode, and that in fact she seemed to simply materialize the damn thing?? They don't really have a wardrobe of maid costumes that are mysteriously like Ryomou's at a ruined Rakuyou, I would think...) The fighting is now balls. (Only one good fight to be had, the 2 min intro one between Kan'u and Ryofu.) The high school drama bull is going strong. (Kan'u/Ryuubi, I'm looking at you. I love the coupling, but seriously, you're making me want to hurl for how "schoolgirl" it's been played out. Also, the entire Saji "I'm gonna get back at you for bullying me by destroying you!" plot. Christ.)

I'm beginning to forget why I like Ikkitousen. That should never happen after I gave the first two seasons 8s. Really.

I gave it a 6/10. Really considering just knocking it back to 5.
~Shade and sweet water~
Group Lead of Otenba -- Quality Check Lead of Static-Subs
Aug 29, 2008 3:49 PM

Jun 2008
Tsk, this might tie with my all-time low rating for School Days. Overall the plot was as vague as Saji's transformation to red hair (Ikkitousen Super Saiyan? D:) and I don't even know if this can be called as fan-service. Despite the lack of censorship on boobs and the probably most unsurprised plots even though it followed vaguely with RoTK, I had trouble even continuing on forth after the first episode. Due to the insane amount of free time I had in the past, I decided to follow this to episode 11, in which I would soon follow as a utter disappointment to my taste. Meh, 4/10.
Aug 29, 2008 4:06 PM

Nov 2007
haha i forgot to talk about the red hair lol. i just broke out laughing when that happened. i was like umm ok, lets do a hair transformation just to take a punch and hug ryofu.
Aug 29, 2008 11:39 PM

Dec 2007
AHA!! I knew it!
We all noticed that Mou-chan is always so much more badass when the maid outfit is on, but we never really understood why. This episode has confirmed, beyond any doubt, that she is actually a . . . magical girl! Super maido power up FTW!
Transformation sequence possibly coming next season.

Seriously though, while this was better than most of the other episodes, this series as a whole was quite the disappointment. While never really anything to write home about, the previous seasons were entertaining, and at least a guilty pleasure. Between the shift from fighting to school drama, the bastardization of so many characters, and a plot that makes swiss cheese look solid, I just don't know what to think (or better yet, what the writers were thinking).

Still debating whether I should give this a 5 or a 6.
Aug 30, 2008 1:28 PM

Jun 2008
Mahou shoujo? CAN'T BE. I should've gave it a 3, oh well, doesn't really matter as long as it's below 5.
Aug 30, 2008 2:58 PM

Mar 2007
crazy_eights said:
haha i forgot to talk about the red hair lol. i just broke out laughing when that happened. i was like umm ok, lets do a hair transformation just to take a punch and hug ryofu.

SUPAAAAA-SAIYAJIIIIIIIIN-SAJIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!

What does the scouter say, Kan'u?!
~Shade and sweet water~
Aug 30, 2008 4:03 PM

Jun 2008
Possibly over 9000.
Aug 31, 2008 1:29 AM

Aug 2008
I thought this season sucked well not sucked but was bad. The ending was disapointing, like Inuyasha disapointing. Now even I know that there will be a 4th season, this season really is more like a filler. After I watched the last episode I ended up with all these questions unanswered. But before that I also wanted to know if Ryoumo's feelings for Saji changed. Besides Saji is my favorite character. Fu-chin's death was something I saw coming, still Fans do love her the most. I know I do! Now for the reasons WHY there will be a 4th season:

-The Rivalry between the school is coming back?

-One of the leaders of the other schools is back.

-What ever happened to the chick with glasses, she said she was gonna get revenge?

-Crappy ending

-Where's Ryuomo's dragon? If its in her then that might be something that she can't control.

-The ending shows that there off to get the treasure, they will probably fight others also trying to get the treasure.
Aug 31, 2008 4:04 AM

Jun 2008
Well it said in the summary it was a whole new plot, basically another story based loosely on RoTK. But even at that it was pretty badly made.
Aug 31, 2008 9:08 AM

Jul 2008
Alucar99 said:
I thought this season sucked well not sucked but was bad. The ending was disapointing, like Inuyasha disapointing. Now even I know that there will be a 4th season, this season really is more like a filler. After I watched the last episode I ended up with all these questions unanswered. But before that I also wanted to know if Ryoumo's feelings for Saji changed. Besides Saji is my favorite character. Fu-chin's death was something I saw coming, still Fans do love her the most. I know I do! Now for the reasons WHY there will be a 4th season:

-The Rivalry between the school is coming back?

-One of the leaders of the other schools is back.

-What ever happened to the chick with glasses, she said she was gonna get revenge?

-Crappy ending

-Where's Ryuomo's dragon? If its in her then that might be something that she can't control.

-The ending shows that there off to get the treasure, they will probably fight others also trying to get the treasure.

I LOVE YOUR LIST OF "WHY THERE WILL A 4TH SEASON"

GOOD COMMENTS! ^_^
Aug 31, 2008 9:02 PM

Feb 2008
he went super sayien just to get punched??? 6/10 only because whenever they did fight, its was really nice. other than that, the first season is still the "best hands down 8/10"
Sep 1, 2008 1:17 PM

Mar 2008
So it's done... I enjoyed it, even with a ridiculously thin plot. A bullied girl want to take revenge and be the stronger one. Except the very few battles, it was more like a school life anime.
Sep 1, 2008 9:01 PM

Jul 2008
akuma2002 said:
So it's done... I enjoyed it, even with a ridiculously thin plot. A bullied girl want to take revenge and be the stronger one. Except the very few battles, it was more like a school life anime.

I guess we get to see Ikkitousen as school life than fighting...still it was cool to see everyone back that was alive in 2nd season.
Sep 2, 2008 3:30 PM

Jul 2008
This last episode had fucking low animation if you compare it with eps 11...

More than that there was no ''big'' fight against the little girl which suck, I mean it's really boring the fucking cliche of talking will resolve all problem. Knock her out and talk after damnit.

Overall I loved this serie, I just watched the whole 3 season in like 2 days and Ikkitousen was really better than what I tough it will be, I give this serie a 9 on my enjoyment level.

A season 4? Well I don't mind, but I don't see anything else than can be done...
Sep 4, 2008 12:09 AM
Sep 2008
First off, let me preface by saying I loved the first two series. The first was light-hearted with lots of fan service to the point that it was more a joke than serious eye-candy.
The second was more about Dynasty Warriors than Ikki Tousen, but that's ok because it worked and it was a solid plot and story. Kanu's selfless love for Ryubi was a very heartwhelming.
This series actually suffered because unlike the first two, there was no anchor from the manga. Trying to continue the series after the battle of Chibi would have been difficult for any writer, but the obvious conflict between going Uber-Ecchi and going serious left me feeling in the lurch.
They should leave Ecchi fun to the OVA's (not as ridiculous as the Decisive Hot Springs battle though)
Here's my top 10 list of WTF moments that I wish were fleshed out or at least better written:

10. Ouin Shishi red hair change. He admitted his real ID before this, why didn't it change then?

9. The manga clearly states that Chouhi was going to develop into "Ikki Tousen" the warrior with strength of a thousand. When is that going to happen?

8. Why did Rikuson decide to start being the Nanyo advisor after the big war? And how in the heck did they know who she was? In the manga, she started hanging around with Ryomou after Toutaku bit the big one.

7. Chuubou is not Sonsaku's sister. In RotTK (original story) Sonaku had several siblings, but two were very important. One was Chuubou's character, and the other was a sister who ended up marrying Ryubi. (note: hilarity could ensue in 4th series...)

6. Chuubou's true identity was one of two twin sisters renowned for their beauty, where's the other one?

5. Who the hell is Oba-sama? and why is she a young child?

4. Was Ryofu just an illusion or...?

3. The original Saji Genpou was motivated by a need to humble Sou sou, so why wait till he's a non-factor? Her motivation for THAT fact was never explained.

2. In the manga, Ryubi figures that Kanu (and she suspects Chouhi) is a lesbian and is interested in her. She acts homophobic, but at the same time deals with her own attraction to Kanu (though Kanu has flirted with Koukin, then again every girl in the manga flirts with Koukin). It would be a nice resolution to the sexual tension if they had gone at it from that angle.

1. WTF Sou Sou is alive? There goes the poignant ending to DD and all they fought for. Yes it follows the history more, but then Shiba-I beats everyone and becomes the emperor of a reformed China in the history books. Yeah, they probably did it so they can do a 4th series, but I don't think they can really get away with a 4th one unless the plot is much stronger than this series.
Sep 4, 2008 12:18 AM
Sep 2008
BTW I forgot to mention. Was the ending, or was it not a COMPLETE rip off of the ending of the third Tenchi Muyo series.

"Messed up little girl with special powers creates a not real woman who creates chaos in the protagonist's group through disrupting the romantic tensions there-in. In the last episode the main character, though he/she has cause, does not slay the villain and instead convinces them that they are loved and convinces them to join the good guys"

The first series was generic, though good. and the 2nd was Dynasty Warriors with breasts. The third was Tenchi rip off.
I'm filled simultaneously with eagerness and dread for what "gimmick-of-the-month" makes the plotline for the 4th.
Sep 4, 2008 1:28 AM

Jul 2008
chuckles79 said:
First off, let me preface by saying I loved the first two series. The first was light-hearted with lots of fan service to the point that it was more a joke than serious eye-candy.
The second was more about Dynasty Warriors than Ikki Tousen, but that's ok because it worked and it was a solid plot and story. Kanu's selfless love for Ryubi was a very heartwhelming.
This series actually suffered because unlike the first two, there was no anchor from the manga. Trying to continue the series after the battle of Chibi would have been difficult for any writer, but the obvious conflict between going Uber-Ecchi and going serious left me feeling in the lurch.
They should leave Ecchi fun to the OVA's (not as ridiculous as the Decisive Hot Springs battle though)
Here's my top 10 list of WTF moments that I wish were fleshed out or at least better written:

10. Ouin Shishi red hair change. He admitted his real ID before this, why didn't it change then?

9. The manga clearly states that Chouhi was going to develop into "Ikki Tousen" the warrior with strength of a thousand. When is that going to happen?

8. Why did Rikuson decide to start being the Nanyo advisor after the big war? And how in the heck did they know who she was? In the manga, she started hanging around with Ryomou after Toutaku bit the big one.

7. Chuubou is not Sonsaku's sister. In RotTK (original story) Sonaku had several siblings, but two were very important. One was Chuubou's character, and the other was a sister who ended up marrying Ryubi. (note: hilarity could ensue in 4th series...)

6. Chuubou's true identity was one of two twin sisters renowned for their beauty, where's the other one?

5. Who the hell is Oba-sama? and why is she a young child?

4. Was Ryofu just an illusion or...?

3. The original Saji Genpou was motivated by a need to humble Sou sou, so why wait till he's a non-factor? Her motivation for THAT fact was never explained.

2. In the manga, Ryubi figures that Kanu (and she suspects Chouhi) is a lesbian and is interested in her. She acts homophobic, but at the same time deals with her own attraction to Kanu (though Kanu has flirted with Koukin, then again every girl in the manga flirts with Koukin). It would be a nice resolution to the sexual tension if they had gone at it from that angle.

1. WTF Sou Sou is alive? There goes the poignant ending to DD and all they fought for. Yes it follows the history more, but then Shiba-I beats everyone and becomes the emperor of a reformed China in the history books. Yeah, they probably did it so they can do a 4th series, but I don't think they can really get away with a 4th one unless the plot is much stronger than this series.

I LOVE YOUR TOP 10 SO ME COMMENT ON THEM!

10. Ouin Shishi only got the new hair cause he never put the Magatama but people say that is a rip off of Dragonball suepr Seyien thing.

9. If that happens then it will be at the end of the series most likely.

7. The one marrying Ryubi is Karen and well all knew she is Lesbian.

4. Can a illusion hurt and communicate with you?

All in all your top 10 is good but CAN'T WAIT FOR 4TH SEASON! Yes, YOU ARE RIGHT they should make that two girls marriage!
Sep 5, 2008 11:36 AM
Sep 2008

10. Ouin Shishi only got the new hair cause he never put the Magatama but people say that is a rip off of Dragonball suepr Seyien thing.

All in all your top 10 is good but CAN'T WAIT FOR 4TH SEASON! Yes, YOU ARE RIGHT they should make that two girls marriage!

Thanks for the reply Angel.

10. Hair color changes to denote changes in power level are nothing new. The unoffical power ranking seem to go Black, Blond, Red, then White. I wasn't questioning why it happened as to white they decided to do it at all when it didn't even fit the plot

9. The original Chouhi was the strongest warrior around but was hampered by being a complete drunkard and nearly an emotional retard. Chouhi in Ikki doesn't stand out in any ways good or bad.

7. WTH is Karen? Did you mean Kanu?

4. My point exactly. She wasn't a reanimated corpse, but wasn't a Genjustsu either. But then the Japanese definition of Genjutsu seems to be more than just illusion. I confess my ignorance on the exact nature of it.

All of the three kingdoms had lots of internal foibles and flaws and they could do a whole nother season based on that alone. Dealing with Sonsaku's sister being promised as Ryubi's wife (maybe Sonsaku's brother for the sake of this series) and Kanu's reaction would be great fodder.
Also is Sou Sou back to the "I like long naps by the sea" of 1st series or back to "kill everyone in my way" of the 2nd?
Sep 5, 2008 11:57 AM

Jul 2008
chuckles79 said:

Thanks for the reply Angel.

10. Hair color changes to denote changes in power level are nothing new. The unoffical power ranking seem to go Black, Blond, Red, then White. I wasn't questioning why it happened as to white they decided to do it at all when it didn't even fit the plot

9. The original Chouhi was the strongest warrior around but was hampered by being a complete drunkard and nearly an emotional retard. Chouhi in Ikki doesn't stand out in any ways good or bad.

7. WTH is Karen? Did you mean Kanu?

4. My point exactly. She wasn't a reanimated corpse, but wasn't a Genjustsu either. But then the Japanese definition of Genjutsu seems to be more than just illusion. I confess my ignorance on the exact nature of it.

All of the three kingdoms had lots of internal foibles and flaws and they could do a whole nother season based on that alone. Dealing with Sonsaku's sister being promised as Ryubi's wife (maybe Sonsaku's brother for the sake of this series) and Kanu's reaction would be great fodder.
Also is Sou Sou back to the "I like long naps by the sea" of 1st series or back to "kill everyone in my way" of the 2nd?

No problem for the reply

10. The hair color thing is interesting. So Ouin Shi Shi power's is ranked as the 3rd most powerful?

9. Ok, cool!

7. Yeah I meant Kanu

Sep 11, 2008 6:38 PM

Mar 2007
You know... I always was of the opinion that bringing in Sun Shang Xiang would make 10000000xs more sense than trying to bring in Sun Quan at this stage in the game. If they really were so insistent on bringing in Sun Ce's siblings, that is...

But yeah. Maybe a male Sun Shang Xiang? XD But no, that'd be not enough to satisfy the yuri quota this series has tried to focus on to the point of beating it with a dead horse...
~Shade and sweet water~
Sep 13, 2008 8:36 PM
Sep 2008
Okay, a couple of things I've learned in regards to my earlier posts.

The first one, everyone stretch your necks for the double take; Ouin's hair trick is LEGIT and CANON! In the manga, his hair and face changes subtly when he puts on Shishi Ouin's magatama and takes off Saji's

Chuubou's real name (I forget the name) was one of two beautiful sisters. The other one, married Sonsaku...
I think one (two if you count Ryofu and Chinkyuu) lesbian love story between main characters is enough, but it's there if they get bored.

In the original tale, Kanu takes on a talented stepson, there's possibilities there as well.

Well, let's all hope that if they do choose to continue that the continuation is much better than this, though I really did enjoy moments.
Oct 27, 2008 9:50 AM

Feb 2008
No, Ryofu ;___; Must think happy thoughts, must think happy thoughts....
*off to re-watch first season*
Jan 5, 2009 11:54 AM

Nov 2008
chuckles79 said:
BTW I forgot to mention. Was the ending, or was it not a COMPLETE rip off of the ending of the third Tenchi Muyo series.

"Messed up little girl with special powers creates a not real woman who creates chaos in the protagonist's group through disrupting the romantic tensions there-in. In the last episode the main character, though he/she has cause, does not slay the villain and instead convinces them that they are loved and convinces them to join the good guys"

Great analysis!

This was my least favorite season. The second one is my fav though.

At least we saw sexy Ryofu again.
Jan 24, 2010 7:25 AM

May 2007
Damn the clothes in this anime were cheaply put together !

Dec 25, 2010 10:44 PM

Jul 2010
Aww why did it end up like this :(
Apr 25, 2011 4:17 AM

Sep 2010
As much as I like Ryofu, this season was not as good as the preceding 2.

On another note, I'm gunna miss seeing Ryofu :'(
Aug 28, 2011 8:01 PM

Aug 2010
I liked it. Deal with it.
Oct 8, 2013 2:00 PM

Nov 2011
Another rushed series but I did like the second half though with the story moving~

5/10.
Feb 26, 2014 9:34 PM
Nov 2013
Just finished this and I really thought the first 2 seasons were bad, this season was decent. Reasons I rank this season higher:

1. There were no senseless fights just for the sake of fighting and no fights that took place in public places where police never for some odd reason seem to be.

2. Rape didn't run rampant like the first two seasons where they made it seem as if every other resident in the locality was a rapist.

3. I like Ryofu and I was glad they brought her back.

Reasons why season 3 could have had a higher score:

1. I like Ryofu and they killed her off again for no real reason that to remind them that they can change their fate.....I mean seriously?!? Why bring her back at all if you just plan on killing her again.

2. Ending "fight" was about as anti-climactic as a fight could have possibly been.

Seasons 1 and 2 were bad and got a 4/10 overall. I will give season 3 a 6/10, but if the above conditions were met it would have gotten a 7 or 8.
Apr 23, 2014 10:52 AM
Oct 2012
this one was much better than dragon destiny thanks to a better story and the return of the origal voices when funamation got this i was afriad they would change voices a third time i was glad they went back to the first voices from the pioneer series a good move.
May 28, 2014 8:21 AM

Oct 2013
good ep def enjoyed this season more than the the 1st and 2nd one wasn't as many fights but was still pretty good : D
now onto the boobie filled specials well if there anything like the previous season XD haha
[/quote]
Nov 13, 2014 2:09 PM

Apr 2013
So Saji and that loli bitch are allowed to live while Ryofu has to die? WORST-ENDING-POSSIBLE... I give this season a 7/10 only because Ryofu was in it.
Jan 2, 2015 12:32 AM
Jun 2013
well that boss fight was one big meh. Nothing happened lol. surprised they got rid of ryofu. Seems like this type of show they would have come up with some bs reason to keep her alive. I will i like having her around more then ryomou. also someone should really tend to this school. At least kanu got her wish at the end of being fed. Confused people complaining about plot this much. The shows focus in punching and ecchi.
souledge94Jan 2, 2015 12:38 AM
Apr 23, 2016 2:01 PM

Feb 2015
This season was an absolute piece of shite.

Ryomou's minor split personality thing one of the things I found interesting in the first season was forgotten and replaced with a Saji-chasing dragon hybrid.

Fighting? Almost non existent.

'Dragon ranger' power up? Guess they forgot that as well.

Koukin? Still useless.

Jeez I dont care if the next season has plot, nonsense plot or no plot at all... just give me fights.

I would give this a lower rating if it wasnt for Kanu.
Jul 5, 2016 8:44 PM

Feb 2014
Producers: "I'm tired about joking with Kan and Gentoku romance relationship, now I want them to just be friends"... Tcharam! Otomodachi!! Let's forget everything about the romance matter, they're 'otomodachi' now! Yay! Kan, just friends with Gentoku ok? Ok.

Oh, and I hate when the characters just forget about the things that were previously done and that happened as if never ever happened, and this happened in this season a lot.

---

They brought back the green-haired girl back and then they took her out again.
And now that guy also is alive! He wasn't supposed to be dead?!
Oh, and just to not lose the habit: Saji (I mean, Ouin) is stil alive... omg... this guy will surpass Itou Makoto...

3-4/10
TechOtakuJul 5, 2016 9:14 PM
Jan 11, 2019 9:29 PM

Jul 2017
This season is crazy underrated. The story was really interesting and kept me wanting more each episode, characters are fun, ecchi and fanservice are sexy and present throughout, great soundtrack, Kan'uxRyuubi to the max, Ryofu makes a return... I can't see one reason this show deserves less than a 7, classic ecchi and one of the best ones out there even today.

Though, to be fair, I remember watching this as an ignorant chitlin and not thinking much of it; watching as an adult definitely made it more exciting. If nothing else, it could at LEAST be higher than Dragon Destiny... that season was pretty boring for the most part until the finale.
Jun 30, 2020 3:00 PM

Nov 2016
Ryofu ;_;

Had some fun episodes as usual, but the character drama was more engaging this time around + bittersweet conclusion.

4/5 finale

6,5/10 for this season

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ikkitousen: Great Guardians Episode 11 Discussion

angel999 - Aug 20, 2008

17 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 9:17 PM

Poll: » Ikkitousen: Great Guardians Episode 10 Discussion

angel999 - Aug 13, 2008

16 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Ikkitousen: Great Guardians Episode 9 Discussion

angel999 - Aug 6, 2008

12 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Ikkitousen: Great Guardians Episode 8 Discussion

angel999 - Jul 31, 2008

15 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 7:48 PM

Poll: » Ikkitousen: Great Guardians Episode 7 Discussion

cyruz - Jul 25, 2008

22 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 7:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.