Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 17, 2019 11:52 PM
Nov 2015
Creo que estuvo “bien, honestamente esperaba un mejor decenlace de Takeuchi ya que fue coprotagonista y al final se olvidaron de él.
Yano y Nana podían haber avanzado más. No hubo un HAPPY END, sólo terminó “bien”
Esperaba más de este manga. :(
Jan 5, 2020 8:48 AM

Aug 2016
This story has a great point. An unresolved problem.

When you still love your ex girlfriend (she loves you too but due to circumstances, had to break up) and love your current girlfriend too, whom to choose when there comes a time where both of them are in front of you.

In this story it’s fine coz the ex girlfriend is dead but Yano suffered a lot though he suffered the most coz of Yuri. I didn’t Like her but can’t say she’s bad.

Unlike this, in Inuyasha anime, Inuyasha faced the same issue where Inuyasha had to choose between kagome and Kikyo. I was so frustrated because I wanted him to choose kagome but again kikyo was dead and she came back alive just for him. So glad this anime didn’t have that plot else I’d have flipped a table.

All the best people are crazy!
Jun 24, 2020 5:27 AM
May 2018
Ever since I finished the anime and decide to read the manga I was scared that it was going to end in death. Luckily it didn't (at least not the characters I feared for). I am glad it's over I don't know if I was able to handle any more of the suspense. That was an emotional rollercoaster and might I add an extremely toxic relationship (which no one seems to acknowledge). still was rooting for them. I did wish that we saw I good ending for Takeuchi and akiko and that they both found happiness and love because without them everything would have been in shambles.
Jul 21, 2020 1:41 AM
Jun 2013
I loved this manga to bits, even if it infuriated me sometime. That goes for the ending as well, it was so moving but at the same time too rushed. I felt like I wanted the ending to compensate for all times we had to see Nanami and Yano separated. But I feel like, it fits the story regardless.

I won't deny that the drama was too much to bear sometimes, and the second part dragged on too long in certain sections, but this story was beautiful through and through.

There were so many parallels, and analogies and call-backs that, it truly felt like a complete story. As someone mentioned, the panel about eternity- and now it eluded to their adulthood. You can see how much their views changed in regards to it. How Yano admits that 'we'll be together forever' is sweet talk and how Nanami says that her wish was simply to have her path cross with Yano's again. Then there was the drowning analogy Take always used to help Yano realise his situation with Nanami.

I really appreciated how certain themes were dealt with and were a constants part of the narrative- such as memeories, the feeling of regret, death and moving on. Yano talks of how memories were deceptive but, they still played such a huge role in the main characters lives. And How Yano was sacred to to find out he was losing memories. Similarly Yano mulls over what it means to be dead, you see him talk about it in the very beginning and again in the last chapters. I appreciate that the manga acknowledges that death, and moving on are long processes and it takes time (years in this case) to find acceptance and peace.

Also I genuinely loved the character arcs. To be honest, Yano was truly a problematic character (I loved him regardless), but even as he goes through the worst phases of his life, he learns more about himself and by the end he is truly grown and recovering. In the end where you see Yano act like a kid again is so refreshing (it makes the ending so heartwarming and fitting to the series) and you see that he's getting his life back, and making up for the time he lost with Nanami. Nanami too, she grew up and began to understand things about herself and Yano which she couldn't as a teen. She becomes a lot stronger and independent (she could be a real pain in part 1 at times). Heck, I think even Yuri's arc ended well despite the fact that I hated her throughout the series.

I hope Take was able to maintain his freindship with Nanami and Yano since they meant so much to him. And I hope he was able to find happiness (whether in the form of love or otherwise). I hope Aki does well too since she was quite the help to the main characters. Haha, I agree it would be nice if Take and Aki went out (but I don't know if it would be possible since it says Take moved to New York after a promotion, still hoping tho).

Overall, the story was so bitter sweet and it made me cry so much, it made me angry too, but it was wonderful. It touched so many themes so delicately- love, freindship, death, new beginnings, memories, faith, regret, and progress.

Damn this turned out too long. But how could it not? This manga invoked so many feelings- 9/10
anachitJul 21, 2020 1:47 AM
Sep 20, 2020 5:04 AM
Sep 2020
I didn’t know we have an ending up until now. Lol! I re read again and cried again! The ending was sooo good but yanoooo after all this year takahashi deserve a kiss!
Oct 1, 2020 9:45 PM

Jul 2017
The ending chapter was a decent closing one, but the journey to get there made me really ponder - do any of these characters except Takeuchi to a degree, have any ounce of common sense whatsoever? Cause the amount of stupidity that happened with a lot of these characters blew my mind. Especially Yano himself. Jeez.

The art was fine but the manga as a whole, bleh.
Apr 21, 2021 12:33 PM
Sep 2017
Well... glad that those two idiots ended up together... it was a really toxic relationship in the beginning... but I still love the side characters more... Yamamoto, despite how most fans hated her, she's a really good character with a better development... what she did was pretty understandable... She deserves more... and Takeuchi... oww this guy... totally wasted... how can i want to hate this guy... i can't... He probably is one of the most wasted side character ever... too many plot holes for him... nothing really resolved or explained... I personally think Nanami don't deserves him... And ofc, like many 2nd male lead is, he's only there for the sake of the main couple to end up together in the end... the rejection wasn't a plot twist at all... in fact, i knew from the very beginning... only waited for the heartbreak to happen cuz i knew, the main couple will always end up together in Shoujo manga...
Dec 12, 2021 7:08 AM
Feb 2021
Seta19 said:
Great ending.. Was hoping for maybe a small glimpse of the future, having kids and what not.. but still really good.
agreed, but at least it. ended happy
Mar 23, 2023 2:13 AM

Feb 2019
It was such a beautiful ending. I did not think I would have shed tears or be this involved in this manga when I picked it up after watching the anime, but look at me now.

The most beautiful part of this ending, I think, was visiting Nana-san's grave with Nanami. Nanami isn't insecure anymore about Nana-san's presence in his life, and he has finally made peace with what started it all: his love for Nana-san, and her untimely death.

It was a beautiful manga, and has become one of my favourite shojo manga. I will miss this series and especially its cast of characters: Motoharu, Nanami, Akiko, and Takeuchi.

Sad we couldn't see how Ayaka had become though~

本当に彼らがいた。Truly, they were there.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokura ga Ita Chapter 1 Discussion

pranss0_0 - Apr 22, 2023

0 by pranss0_0 »»
Apr 22, 2023 10:16 PM

Poll: » Bokura ga Ita Chapter 41 Discussion

RediceRyan - Jan 20, 2017

1 by Shikkakku »»
Mar 22, 2023 6:57 PM

Poll: » Bokura ga Ita Chapter 35 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2015

3 by Shikkakku »»
Mar 22, 2023 7:44 AM

Poll: » Bokura ga Ita Chapter 45 Discussion

Sennin_Darkissa - Nov 7, 2008

18 by chaosjelly »»
Nov 6, 2022 6:54 AM

Poll: » Bokura ga Ita Chapter 52 Discussion

Nanakogin - Oct 14, 2009

13 by SA_Otaku »»
Sep 5, 2022 9:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.