Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2012 12:04 PM
Jul 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So it is the end. I was little dissapointed. Who knows what will happen with Goro and military forces T_T
xxx
Mar 27, 2013 3:49 PM

Apr 2012
I want 3rd season. there is a lot to show.so many characters, so many plots still not revealed
Apr 14, 2013 5:54 PM

Nov 2012
Very good anime.

Apr 22, 2013 3:26 AM

Jul 2007
Indeed it was a great anime, the first season and 2nd season. To bad it just never followed through with everything, its obvious their is more to the story. Now i really want to read the manga if i can find it.

This last episode really opened up a whole alot of new unraveling mysteries, goro's wish to help rebuilt a city. I would love to see that come to fruition. Also finally we get the revelation from the start of the series, that it was lostman who actually captured that women on the moon from the very first episode.

Many conspiracies, plot threads still have yet to be resolved, its a crying shame because all of the build up towards this series, and the characters was just phenomenal with a few minor unnecessary events, but for the most part it was pretty great. To bad the ending was pretty unsatisfying, it kind of ended very abruptly, not the way a season should end. They were building towards this conspiracy of china and the Americans going to war, or having some sort of conflict and just when they are about to reveal their motives to, the series ends on that note and they didn't follow through with it.

I give this show 7/10. I think the 1st season was handle a little better then the 2nd, but it still had some great moments and inspirational characters. I can't believe its not that popular lol, im the only one that actually commented in this discussion thread for this series.
ArtimesGamerApr 22, 2013 3:30 AM

Jun 28, 2013 12:43 PM

Jan 2009
really enjoyed this series, and of course, was left screaming at the screen when it ended like that. grrrrrrrrr.
Aug 6, 2013 6:49 PM

Jan 2011
Why did Lostman and his platoon show themselves to Fatima? Unless she did see something it's kinda counterproductive of showimg themselves just to take her into custody, as they could simply avoid her, she would either reach the container as she hoped or die.

Was ist clear that she would not reach the container, but she was deemed useful/important when they reported that she ran 100 km on the moon? Lostman sounded as if it was decided to keep her alive *after* she was taking into custody.

Anyways, good show. First season was better, but they can make up for it with a third season that actually resolves some of those plot lines and conspiracies.
Oct 27, 2013 2:03 AM

Apr 2009
It was a Chinese space station after all, I was speculating back in episode 11 if it was another American space station, since I didn't see any Chinese space combat vehicle near it. The Chinese played it well, announcing it worldwide and on time before the Americans turned it to space debris.
NwAurion said:
Why did Lostman and his platoon show themselves to Fatima? Unless she did see something it's kinda counterproductive of showimg themselves just to take her into custody, as they could simply avoid her, she would either reach the container as she hoped or die.

Was ist clear that she would not reach the container, but she was deemed useful/important when they reported that she ran 100 km on the moon? Lostman sounded as if it was decided to keep her alive *after* she was taking into custody.

I was asking the same questions, why not simply avoid her, or let her die if she can't get to the container? I don't see Fatima as important enough to be captured and kept alive, even if she ran 100 kilometers for 5 hours on the moon, military intelligence might not make a big deal out of it since it's all in public records. Unless she's a SPARTAN candidate or something. LOL Sorry, I couldn't resist. Also Fatima has the shortest wedding engagement I have witnessed, less than a minute after David proposed and she accepted, David died in that accident. X_X

Regarding the American lunar military's operational secrecy, no matter how careful they were to maintain that secrecy and stealth, the little things have betrayed them. Goro have seen the tracks of the robots they were using when he rescued Maggy and Maggy has a picture of one gun barrel of the robots.

I had to agree with the late Mrs. Saruwatari sentiment on technological advances and fictional portrayal of the future in her video message to her son: It's the 21st century for crying out loud, where are the flying cars?!!! >_< LOL

Ah it's over when there's so much more. Took me a while to finish the second season but it was definitely worth watching it. I hope they'll release more in the future but...we shall all just wait and see. 8/10
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 14, 2014 9:54 AM

Mar 2008
So, like many an adaptation, we're left with an end only partway through the story. A damned shame.

Going by this last episode and certain choice spoilers in the OP, we can probably assume that this is the turning point that turns Goro into a proactive political player in the space race - and one day - it might lead to that backroom confrontation showdown with Lostman.

It would be interesting to see how the ISA might be able to balance/counter the current struggle between China and America. I suppose the mangaka sees Russia and Japan being the cornerstone of that alliance, and world opinion always has its unique strength. That said, it's a rather simplistic drama when America and China are 'going it solo' with the ISA nation/rest of the world left in the lurch. Hopefully the manga might one day be finished and translated, but that's obviously only a glimmering hope within a hope.

Other various nitpicks aside, Moonlight Mile was a great show.
Dec 20, 2014 8:29 AM

Jun 2012
Oh snap Fatima was the woman who died at the beginning of the first season. I totally forgot about that part.

Damn. I almost starting crying when I saw baby Goro and his mom.

I wished there was a seaon 3 :/
Jun 23, 2016 7:50 AM

Jul 2012
Wow, I'm done. It's sad that there's no more episodes after this because they ended with a cliffhanger... I'm really confused what Lostman is doing. I'm guessing he's an enemy now and we'll have some space fights later on.

The build up to Goro's mom's death was so good. Like, there were a lot of subtle moments squeezed in before the second last episode and it felt so natural. This show was so intense yet at the same, it felt real.

The second season was just as good as the first, if not better. More intense moments, life changing scenes and risks to be taken. This show was quite the ride.

I really enjoyed following Goro and his journey. Will check out the manga!
Oct 21, 2017 5:50 PM

Dec 2008
No 3rd season? That's disappointing...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Moonlight Mile 2nd Season: Touch Down Episode 11 Discussion

ArtimesGamer - Apr 22, 2013

3 by Estefan »»
Mar 2, 2022 9:05 AM

Poll: » Moonlight Mile 2nd Season: Touch Down Episode 6 Discussion

ArtimesGamer - Apr 18, 2013

4 by Mayuka »»
Jun 23, 2016 7:48 AM

Poll: » Moonlight Mile 2nd Season: Touch Down Episode 13 Discussion

2 by Sol_Ou »»
Dec 20, 2014 5:47 AM

Poll: » Moonlight Mile 2nd Season: Touch Down Episode 12 Discussion

2 by Sol_Ou »»
Dec 17, 2014 4:59 PM

Poll: » Moonlight Mile 2nd Season: Touch Down Episode 10 Discussion

2 by Sol_Ou »»
Dec 16, 2014 12:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.