Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 18, 2012 5:20 PM

Aug 2012
i also don't understand why onizuka left holy forest high. why did he left miss Azusa Fuyutsuki, the students, and the chairwoman when they have been supporting him all along. but chairwoman said that he'll be back because fuyutsuki is there. i think they blew the ending. it could be a great anime or a masterpiece, but because of the ending. i'd rate it 8/10. also i would love to have some romance betweet azusa and onizuka.
Lyndon_OngAug 18, 2012 5:25 PM
Aug 20, 2012 9:58 AM
Jul 2012
Great anime, wasn't a huge fan of the ending though, time to finish up the manga!
Sep 24, 2012 7:59 PM

Sep 2012
this was one of the best shows ever 10/10
Sep 25, 2012 2:03 PM
Apr 2012
amazing anime. loved it. ending wasn't satisfying for me so iam heading to read the manga now. hope the manga has a better closure.
10/10.
Sep 29, 2012 7:23 PM

Sep 2012
Agent_RIPoSyTea said:
amazing anime. loved it. ending wasn't satisfying for me so iam heading to read the manga now. hope the manga has a better closure.
10/10.

be sure to read gto shonan 14 days!
Oct 17, 2012 10:28 AM

Mar 2012
I wasn't a big fan of the ending there, but overall the series was pretty good.
Nov 1, 2012 3:49 PM

Dec 2009
Pretty good ending. Very good anime. Keep talking bullshit :D
Nov 28, 2012 9:55 PM

May 2012
Haha.. so he went to US to teach.

This anime is really fan to watch and pretty unique..
Dec 6, 2012 8:25 PM

Aug 2012
Damn...I really wanted to see more episodes before it ended...

The story just wasn't finished... Kinda feels like a cliffhanger.

The series was without a doubt one of my favourites, it was so hilarious yet so epic at the same time. Onizuka rolling around and dealing with the student's issues without getting into to much drama himself was just too perfect. If there was just more time/episodes to further develop those support characters, I felt attached to whole cast by the end.

DAMMIT WHY DID IT HAVE TO END! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Jan 2, 2013 8:44 PM

Jan 2012
The ending left something to be desired. It was a bit random, even by the show's standards, and too rushed. Of course, the show was still absolutely excellent, and it's stupid to knock something for having a less than perfect ending. 9/10 overall.
Lemme smang it girl.
Jan 4, 2013 10:42 AM

Sep 2011
I am giving it a 9/10

So different and so good, Onizuka taught me so much!

Gonna read the manga now, this series was amazing.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jan 4, 2013 10:58 AM

Sep 2011
I have NEVER laughed out load for any other series, by the end I was actually clapping my hand because of how funny the series is.

Just wow, GTO is amazingly funny, I hope it gets a second season!
Jan 4, 2013 10:59 AM

Sep 2011
Oops, I meant that It gets a REMAKE now that the source material is finished, improve the character designs also.
Jan 14, 2013 2:05 AM

Jan 2012
Wasn't a fan of the length of the series.

+ Inspirational moments.
- Non stellar finale.
- Lack of continuity with the story. What happened on Ganguro Fuyutsuki?
- Problems with lip syncing.
- Some drawings are poorer than others.
+ Amazing 1st OP theme.
+ Interesting diverse characters.

CRESTA out of 10.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jan 19, 2013 2:34 PM

Feb 2012
A series that was consistently good throughout, definitely a classic. I was not too keen on the resolution though. Miyabi should've got Onizuka out of custody by confessing all, along with the evidence which would've shown her as the last student to be converted by Onizuka after seeing the error of her ways.

NoobHunterD said:
Lack of continuity with the story. What happened on Ganguro Fuyutsuki?

I wondered about that too but really another whole episode on that would've been boring but it's weird that it's just ignored completely.

Also something that was never really resolved was Murai and that taller girl.

I'm glad we saw Teshigawara cameo briefly in this last episode since he was another loose end I wondered about.
Feb 3, 2013 3:32 AM

Aug 2011
What's up with this ending... seriously, they should just have left it unfinished. California? wtf

Great anime anyways! 8/10
Feb 20, 2013 2:14 AM

Jan 2012
Great ending, nice to see the ending being funny for once. Ofcourse it was quite open, but who cares. In general GTO was a great show, loved the plot, jokes, characters...everything.

Mar 25, 2013 5:01 AM

Dec 2012
Onizuka left because The student have a great teacher before him and now he start his own journey to become the Great teacher Onizuka. But stil I....I wish i had a teacher like Onizuka Himself.....

Apr 6, 2013 1:08 PM

May 2012
Great final episode of this great and amazing anime! GTO really rocks and does everything for his students! The ending was just totally amazing loved everything about it! It was interesting though with the "See you next time" text on the end!

The anime it self was pretty amazing, really nice story development and character development, the art was pretty decent as well! I totally loved the whole thing! A really great anime!
Apr 7, 2013 2:53 AM

Jan 2013
After a long 4 days of watching this, it's finally over.
8/10
Apr 21, 2013 6:02 PM
Apr 2013
Gotta say, I love this anime. But holy mother of God, dat ending.

I guess it's cool that it's an objective ending where you can look at it in amazement and wonder 'what might happen next?' and holy heck, open room for a sequel??? But I gotta say, when you develop all these relationships and then VIOLENTLY CRUSH THEM I can't help but to be a little pissed off.

Onizuka and Fuyutsuki were (arguably, I guess?) a thing throughout the entire anime. Sure, they pussy-footed around eachother, and Onizuka acted like a jerk sometimes, but there was a constant flowing chemistry between the two. Then, we get to the ending, and Onizuka tells her that she...has a nice name? What?! I'm not even going to take the excuse 'well, maybe they didn't want to have a solid relationship in the anime', because take a gander at how Yoshikawa and Anko went? Wonderfully. I mean, I hated Anko and thought she was a real bitch, but when they got together, I couldn't help but to squeal with delight. I find it hard to believe that Onizuka would just pick up and leave, never to keep in contact with his students (who he proved he would die for on several occasions) and not even really give Fuyutsuki any closure. Not only that, but the whole thing with Aizawa was /terribly/ rushed. I mean, I would have given up all the Tomoko episodes, the Murai's mom episodes, the Saejima episodes, the Nao Kanade episodes, and for the love of god, the principal Uchiyamada episodes if it would have meant that we got some closure with Fuyutsuki, more development with Miyabi and Urumi, and /an actual ending/.

I mean, I don't get that you have a whole opening ending scene with implied Fuyutsuki and Onizuka and then do NOTHING WITH THEIR RELATIONSHIP.

But I digress. Good anime, but an entirely better manga. I would recommend the english dub if anybody's looking for some laughs at the horrible voice acting.
Apr 22, 2013 9:16 PM
Apr 2009
sadadadako said:

Onizuka left because all the troubles of the students were fixed so he went to another school to inspire other students.

It's been bothering me for a while, what's the song that plays whenever Onizuka does something incredible?
Apr 26, 2013 11:33 PM
Dec 2012
Overall; i would say i wasted my time watching this anime. The Anime was patheticIts plot wuality as well as logic seriously deteriorated after Episodeto such an extent that i have to drop my initial rating of 7 to just 3/10. Yeah, Super Bad; It almot felt like the series had filler episodes from Episode 33!
May 1, 2013 1:01 PM

May 2012
at first, I thought I wouldn't like this anime due to the character designs since it was produced back in the 1999's, but throughout the 4 days and finishing this series, I enjoyed it

10/10
May 8, 2013 9:32 AM
May 2013
I had never heard of this anime before until 5 days ago. I spent the last 3 days watching as many episodes as i could each day and finally finished it last night. I truly loved it, i would give it a 10/10

The ending wasn't what i thought it would be but it wasn't too bad. Just wish it would of ended with Onizuka staying with all his students and finally losing his virginity to Azusa.

I know this anime was made years ago but do you guys think we'll ever get another season? At the end it shows him teaching in California. Also does the manga continue after where the anime left of at?
Jun 18, 2013 9:58 PM
Mar 2013
Onizuka is still a virgin after all that.....smh
Jun 24, 2013 8:22 PM
Apr 2013
As the series overall I would give it 9 or 10 out of 10, but the ending is simply disappointing. It was simply rushed. Why would Onizuka even pretend to be the attacker if he invited all the media to school to observe the Board of Education. The media easily started jumping to conclusions that the Board might be at fault +the recovered teacher would testify against the board anyways, so Onizuka would be free. But, somehow (behind the screen), it went wrong and Onizuka had to flee the country. Welp, I think I will just read manga, since I know that about half-way through the manga, the story went in a totally different direction so the true ending is not that bad.
Jun 26, 2013 8:28 AM

Apr 2012
filoleg said:
As the series overall I would give it 9 or 10 out of 10, but the ending is simply disappointing. It was simply rushed. Why would Onizuka even pretend to be the attacker if he invited all the media to school to observe the Board of Education. The media easily started jumping to conclusions that the Board might be at fault +the recovered teacher would testify against the board anyways, so Onizuka would be free. But, somehow (behind the screen), it went wrong and Onizuka had to flee the country. Welp, I think I will just read manga, since I know that about half-way through the manga, the story went in a totally different direction so the true ending is not that bad.

What he said. The show was great but eventually started to grow stale as it repeated itself. This episode is a good example of what went wrong over the course of the series. Oh well, at least it didn't go even longer than 43 episodes.
Jul 5, 2013 7:48 PM

Jul 2012
nil- said:
filoleg said:

What he said. The show was great but eventually started to grow stale as it repeated itself. This episode is a good example of what went wrong over the course of the series. Oh well, at least it didn't go even longer than 43 episodes.

I do agree the show started off better than it ended. I thought it wasn't as funny after the first 20 or so episodes...

The descriptions for this anime never exactly made me want to watch it but since it seemed so well received I decided to give it a try.

And I'm very glad I did. It certainly was epic in its own way xD I really enjoyed it and was hardly ever bored. If only it kept the humour at the beginning through to the end but it was still great nonetheless.
Jul 9, 2013 12:52 PM
Dec 2010
Thaw was great anime.
I wanted to see ending with him, his class and mainly with Fuyutsuki but it was Onizuka's style haha XD
Anyone who read manga> Is he ever going to get together with Fuyutsuki and meet up with his class ?

Sent with Mal Updater
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Jul 9, 2013 5:36 PM
Apr 2013
greenmarty said:
Thaw was great anime.
I wanted to see ending with him, his class and mainly with Fuyutsuki but it was Onizuka's style haha XD
Anyone who read manga> Is he ever going to get together with Fuyutsuki and meet up with his class ?

Sent with Mal Updater

I did not read the manga itself yet, but I read somewhere that in manga he does not flee the country at all and stays with his class for 14 more volumes.
Jul 29, 2013 11:46 PM

Dec 2012
10/10
^^
Aug 12, 2013 11:25 PM

Apr 2013
Finished it in a day.. Jeez this show is gold. 10/10 for sure.
Aug 17, 2013 8:26 PM

Jun 2013
Rethice said:

So, I'm really redeeming it by saying that its inspirational and touching moments were good enough for me to give it a 6/10. As a comedy, it failed, but that's because good anime comedies are rare.

What are you talkning about? The comedy value in this anime is on par with Arakawa under the Bridge! (and if you haven't seen that one I highly suggest you check it out)

Why I give this show a 10/10:
+ Main protoganist is as badass as Roronoa Zoro and Oga Tatsumi (One Piece and Belzeebub)
+ His very abnormal behaviour when solving problems (this gave me a good laugh many times)
+ I liked the theme of the anime. There are many school animes focused on students, but not so many focused on the teachers.
+ Did I mention that he is badass? Like, really fucking badass? Not like that weak character shit you see in every harem anime.
Sep 7, 2013 7:02 AM
Feb 2013
Loved this show, but I wished the ending was better. Looks like I'm going to have to read the manga, but overall I give it an 8/10.
Sep 13, 2013 11:49 AM

Jun 2012
9/10
I don't like the ending very much because feel sorry for fuyutsuki :/
Oct 18, 2013 2:32 PM

Nov 2012
Goddamn it I was touched when he apparently turned himself over to the police, only to have me whacking the table in laughter moments later when he decided to run away instead! XD XD XD Ohmygodmysides!!

Even though objectively I'll have to settle with a 9, this has become one of my favorite anime, so it's a fair deal! GTO, good job!

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Nov 5, 2013 10:55 PM

Sep 2008
I didn't like the ending.

This anime didn't need to be 43 episodes. It was so diluted by fillers I had a hard time watching it sometimes. If they had cut out the 20 episodes of filler or replaced them with episodes that further expanded on the characters, this show could have been truly great. But as it stands, it left me feeling empty and many of the characters' stories felt unfinished.
Nov 12, 2013 12:16 PM

Dec 2012
Onizuka moved to California!? Maybe he'll be my teacher someday :D
Nov 14, 2013 6:03 AM

Sep 2013
I don’t like the ending… why is he in California?... Besides I was waiting for the happy love story ending between Onizuka and Fuyutsuki sensei… I know the gichou says he will come again but I wanted to see it x)
Overall 7/10

Translucent said:
In the end, GTO remains a virgin :(

And Fuyutsuki sensei too! lol
DRaaXDec 5, 2013 1:09 AM
In every score, there's a feeling...
Nov 29, 2013 10:43 AM
Nov 2013
I loved this anime right up until the final few minutes of episode 43 as several others have voiced their thoughts on. The ending did feel rushed and the absolute worst thing for me was that he spends 42 episodes teaching life lessons and always being there for the students in his class and at the very end of the 43rd episode he not only abandons them, but runs away from the consequences of his own decision. The ending would have been absolute gold and much more powerful had he turned himself over to the police to protect Aizawa, accepted his fate and been exonerated a day or so later. The ending they chose was terrible, he sets a bad example by running away from the decision that he made, when for 43 episodes he teaches lessons in life and what it means to be a grown up. Overall I give the series an 8/10, but in all honesty would easily been a 9/10 or 10/10 if not for the extremely disappointing ending.
Dec 6, 2013 12:11 PM
Apr 2013
Great anime, definitely among my favorites.

Loved the ending, it's one big joke, really. Onizuka supposedly abandons the kids in an unfitting way, but, not really...
Obviously had Saito been assaulted by Aizawa the creators would've made Onizuka take the blame, and it would've fit his character and end the series. So they took a different approach. Sort of a "f*ck it" ending, as if they're laughing at their own anime ending, and completely broke his character (But in the same time they didn't, because running away like that is just.. Onizuka), and still gave an ending that felt authentic.
Dec 22, 2013 12:43 PM

Aug 2011
Aho! That was brilliant. I wish there was more!

Man, if only the last episode was 40 minutes long like the first one, it would have been so much better and feels more complete.

9/10 for sure. Can't find anything as good as GTO nowadays! The English dub is great as well, and listening to the difference between Jap and Eng important lines is quite interesting.
Jan 14, 2014 11:05 AM

Mar 2012
Pretty good anime but didn't finish as strong as it started imo. The comedy was much better in the first half and felt like Onizuka was more awesome. Towards the end they started making him look too goofy/somewhat stupid especially in the Okinawa arc. Also wasn't a fan of the filler episodes since they were usually pretty boring or badly timed like the one after Onizuka got the Mercedes back, instead of continuing the story they went straight to a filler episode. Overall though it was quite an enjoyable ride and I wish that someday they continue the anime (or do a remake like HxH) since it finished before the manga so there's definitely more Onizuka to be had.

8/10.
Jan 17, 2014 12:59 PM

Nov 2013
Love it! I give it 10/10. I want Onizuka in my school, well when I went High School :D Heehee
Jan 17, 2014 2:41 PM

Jan 2014
GTO is from now on, one of my favourite anime! I can't really give you a reason for this, but GTO is and will stay at the top of my list!

There is just one thing that bothered me, that ending!!! Just like nearly everyone else here I just said to myself: "What's with that fu**ed up ending!"
Why didn't the makers of GTO just made it a little bit more realistic, I mean Onizuka running away from the cops was kind of expected, but to get out of Japan and go to the US, this is not Onizuka anymore. I honestly imagined him staying in jail for a while or at least running away but hiding somewhere in Japan until Saito cleares everything up. And then Onizuka appears again in front of the school, Class 3-4 looks out of the window and the student all run towards him ^^ ... and with a badass comment from Onizuka the series ends *.*

Despite the diappointing end I gave it a 10 because I absolutely enjoyed it. Every anime I enjoy gets a 10, maybe I should change my policy or most of the anime will get a 10 :P
Mar 10, 2014 10:38 AM

Oct 2010
Looks like I'm in the minority that actually quite liked the ending. Miyabi's apology to Onizuka showed how she had matured as a character, and seeing the Vice Principal finally sticking up for the students after so long was great to see. Onizuka running from the police was also hilarious and consistent with his character. I interpret the ending as Onizuka starting at a different school with a different class as like a new challenge. He had already restored everyone's belief in teachers with class 4-3 at Holy Forest, so there was nothing really left to do. Not bad at all for a filler ending.

9/10, but could've been a 10/10 if it didn't dip as much in the second half.
Mar 10, 2014 7:20 PM
Jan 2014
I liked the anime 8/10. Did not like the ending at all. No closure whatsoever. A few plotholes here and there.. Lots of unanswered questions =/
idkwhatthisisMar 10, 2014 7:28 PM
Mar 24, 2014 2:55 AM
Feb 2012
As much as I liked it, it was obviously rushed. There wasn't much closure, I wanted to know what happened to the students. Why did Onizuka flee Japan if he could have been proven innocent when the teacher awoke? How about Aizawa? 6/10 for me this episode just didn't do me justice.
Apr 11, 2014 3:10 PM
Feb 2013
I, as well, felt there was no closure to the anime. It skips two months and does not tell us what happened to the students, and if the truth about the old teacher was revealed to the public and if so, what happened to the board of education. But, other than that I like the anime! I gave it a 7/10!
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

yakyuu-addict - Oct 24, 2008

88 by Niveen_Sleem »»
May 2, 10:04 AM

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

yakyuu-addict - Oct 23, 2008

85 by Niveen_Sleem »»
May 2, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

yakyuu-addict - Oct 23, 2008

86 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 30, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

yakyuu-addict - Oct 28, 2008

96 by CoreFinder »»
Apr 25, 1:20 PM

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

notestinet - Aug 17, 2008

176 by SametTakao »»
Apr 24, 7:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.