Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 2, 2007 11:19 PM
Overlord

Nov 2004
Wow, wow.. I'd have to say this is probably one of the best episodes in the series so far. Not a happy episode, but definitely well done and very interesting to see where everything went.

Reira (Layla...that's interesting) actually liking Takumi...and then going to Yasu. Shin loves Layla too, sorta saw that one coming though (I kinda thought it was pity or something else though).

Hachiko is seriously screwed up in the head right now. She's doing pretty much everything wrong. Takumi is an asshole as usual, he practically forces himself on Nana.

Ahhhh, crazy good episode.
Feb 4, 2007 1:10 PM

Aug 2006
I finally got the time to watch this. What an EXCELLENT episode. They symbolic imagery of the strawberry glasses to the Nanas was so excellently done. This episode was so emotional.

I agree, Xinil. Hachiko is really screwed up right now. I want to feel sorry for her, I really do, and I guess a part of me does. And Takumi... grrrr... what an asshole (I reckon if Xinil can say that on his own site, then I can say it, too =P).

My god, I wish they'd release the episodes a little faster. I'm getting tired of having to wait 2 to 3 weeks for an episode. But every time one is released, the wait is sooo worth it.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this whole mess unravels....
Feb 4, 2007 1:55 PM

Aug 2006
lol, if you can't wait, read the manga =P

Nana is another dialogue heavy manga (possibly even moreso then Death Note) so its easy to follow.....also, I would have someone to talk to about it then =P
Feb 4, 2007 5:29 PM

Aug 2006
running_lemon said:
lol, if you can't wait, read the manga =P

And when am I supposed to have time to do something like that?
Feb 4, 2007 7:05 PM

Aug 2006
During the time you usually watch anime....
Feb 5, 2007 4:21 AM

Aug 2006
running_lemon said:
During the time you usually watch anime....

**gasp** Not watch anime??? O.o Blasphemy!!! LOL
Feb 9, 2007 5:35 AM

May 2005
I like this episode it has lots of layers. I want to slap Takumi upside his head more after I watched this epsiode. I can understand that Hachi is deeply confuse right now, but I still don't like her decision...
And poor Nobu, I guess it's like they said "Good guys finish last." That's alright though I'll take Nobu if Hachi dumps him. XD~ More and more I find myself liking Nobu more than Ren, may be because in the recent episodes Ren doesn't appear that often.
Feb 10, 2007 5:26 AM

Oct 2006
hachi is starting to act like that damn takayuki finding some way to do all the wrongs things -_- anyway, great episode
Feb 10, 2007 8:55 AM
Overlord

Nov 2004
Ahh, Takayuki isn't even close to being as stupid as Hachi right now!
Jun 13, 2008 8:33 AM

Mar 2008
Reira likes Takumi, Shin likes Reira. Reira runs to Yasu. Yasu likes Nana? Nana's with Ren. Hachi is out of her mind letting Takumi do that to her with Nana next door! and poor Nobu...
i swear if you drew the characters from NANA in like a love mind-map thingy you'd get one really screwed up web.

definitely the most emotional episode so far.
but it'll unravel even more later on i bet...
...when are the nana's going to finally talk to each other again ? =[
Aug 7, 2008 7:51 AM

Mar 2008
ashllee said:
Reira likes Takumi, Shin likes Reira. Reira runs to Yasu. Yasu likes Nana? Nana's with Ren. Hachi is out of her mind letting Takumi do that to her with Nana next door! and poor Nobu...
i swear if you drew the characters from NANA in like a love mind-map thingy you'd get one really screwed up web.

I was actually doing this in my mind just now, it ended pretty fucked up. The anime is getting dramatical by every episode, and worst of all, I can't wait to see how things will end or at least go further.

Xinil said:
Ahh, Takayuki isn't even close to being as stupid as Hachi right now!

Yep, yep. I always thought Takayuki did some stupid things, but Hachi is just making herself doomed. When she was crying constantly, I felt a bit sorry for her, but as soon as Takumi started to tell Nana all the decisions they (probably just Takumi) made, I wanted to slap her face to bring her back into reality...
Jan 7, 2009 8:04 PM

Sep 2008
Takumi is a bastard. As if that isn't anything new. I honestly can't see Hachi's logic. She's being an idiot, she's sacrificing EVERYTHING. >.<
Regardless of the above stuff I've been saying for the past 5 or so episodes, really good episode! Really depressing, and even more hints at a sad ending (I'm really wishing I'd waited until the series was finished before starting this series. I'm dying to know how it ends...) But really good nonetheless. I hope Nana and Hachi can still be friends in the end, and that Hachi comes to her senses and stops being an idiot. At the rate it's going now, and from the spoilers I've gotten, that doesn't seem to be what the mangaka has in store for us and their characters, which depresses me. But, there seems to be a lot of plot twists, so hopefully it'll get there somehow. Or at least something along those lines... AT LEAST have Hachi come to her senses, please...I can't take her stupidity.
Apr 6, 2009 1:42 AM

Mar 2009
I hope Hachi see's sense soon.

May 21, 2009 10:30 PM

Jun 2008
ok.. seriously.. now.. at this point.. i dont care what happens to hachi.. i really dont... its just that... what she does affects all the others around her... that's why i'm so frustrated by her decisions... i wouldn't mind if she decides to ruin her life... but HOW ABOUT NANA!??!? HOW ABOUT NOBU!!!! i wish she'd just tell them!! they'll work something out.. UGH!! the decisions she's making are just stupid....

hmmm... and about reira and shin.. it seems shin is starting to like reira.. but when reira was in real trouble... she looks for yasu and not shin...
Jun 23, 2009 2:30 PM

Jul 2008
It kinda pained me to see Hachi so unable to talk.
Aug 23, 2009 12:26 PM

Jan 2009
i promised myself some while ago that i'll never drop an anime, no matter how bad or pointless it gets. but NANA sure brings me on the edge of breaking that promise....
13 freaking more episodes, i have to bear it...

Sep 20, 2009 5:19 AM
May 2008
Why do girls always pick the rapist over the romantic loving guy.
Oct 10, 2009 8:26 PM

Jan 2009
Basically this baby ruined everyones' life.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Oct 23, 2009 7:20 AM

Nov 2007
Kuda-gitsune said:
Why do girls always pick the rapist over the romantic loving guy.

hahaha
Oct 24, 2009 12:06 PM

Apr 2009
Mikiyo said:

Im probably acting really stupid, but I lol'd at this....XDD
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Mar 19, 2010 9:52 PM
May 2008
As much as I'm enjoying this series now, I can't believe I almost dropped it after the slow beginning!!!

Anyway, Hachi has become such an unpleasant character to follow, and while Takumi might not be the best still become more respectable imo. Also, I have to agree the baby ruined it for everyone... I guess it would technically be Takumi's fault... but whatever.

Lastly, I can't help but feel sorry for Shin and Nobu... they're totally getting shafted here.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Apr 14, 2010 11:46 AM

Jun 2009
Man this shows fucked up
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 18, 2010 9:23 PM

Oct 2008
You know what would be a hilarious plot twist...if it was Shouji's baby. GOD I would laugh my ass off.
May 4, 2010 10:31 PM

Jan 2009
It's amazing how ugly and intense this show has become. And I'm lovin every second of it.
Oh the drama!

May 13, 2010 2:58 AM

Oct 2008
For Shin. :(
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
May 14, 2010 5:15 PM

Nov 2008
Is it bad that I can relate to nearly every character in this love-web at the moment, and understand why they're acting like they are? Even why Nana chose Takumi? That I'd chose Takumi over Nobu in this situation?

Great episode, as usual.
Jun 11, 2010 1:57 PM

May 2008
Oh, bloody hell...
Hachi's face at the table hurt me.

Good symbolism @ the strawberry glasses.
Aug 9, 2010 1:53 PM

Aug 2010
This is getting too painful... I want to strangle Takumi. I almost punched my monitor. Poor Nanas. I'm not sure how much I can make myself watch anymore.
Dec 4, 2010 8:41 AM

Aug 2008
I wonder if Nana has some memory loss. Everything is so painful.It terribly freaked me out when Hachiko didn't talk to Nana... and these glasses...
What will be the end, which will be more affected?
Dec 22, 2010 9:51 PM
Aug 2010
Its pissing me off how everyone keeps on leaving Hachi (except that damn Takumi) and well, now of all times she really needs someone to help her out..
I was kind of expecting Nana to break the other glass, or try to cover up the last one.

Takumis kind of freaking me out. I don't think it'll be too long before he finally snaps.
Jan 20, 2011 4:09 PM

Mar 2010
It was so sad :< I almost cried for Nana :< (not Hachi but Nana) She was so confused after breaking glass T___T I really want to have friend like that :< Nana wehere are people like you? :<
Feb 1, 2011 11:13 AM

Oct 2009
Takumi is indeed acting like a child whose favorite toy got taken away-so possessive and controlling, and uncaring of the pain he causes others. If he loved Nana, he would not stand to hear her described as a woman who is after his money.

argh! I am almost afraid to watch more.

Feb 19, 2011 8:50 PM
Nov 2009
Mikiyo said:
Lol cruel but true true....
Mar 22, 2011 4:31 PM

Aug 2010
Hachi not speaking at the table made me feel very sad.

and that sex scene ( is it appropriate to call that rape? ) was disturbing.

shit is going from bad to worse

SOMEONE STOP THE MADNESSSS
Apr 27, 2011 4:40 PM

Jul 2008
This is what I wanted Nana to do to Hachiko in this episode.

I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
May 11, 2011 6:01 AM

Sep 2008
ashllee said:

That's EXACTLY what was going through my mind when Reira asked Shin for Yasu's number, and Yasu ran to her... It seems the only person that's actually safe and not included in this crazy love... web (definitely too complicated to just be a love triangle, or square, or even pentagon, for that matter) is that one other dude in TrapNest. XD

I... have to say, I was shocked at Takumi's actions. Hachi just seemed scared of him, to me. And Nana commenting that she's not "Takumi's pet" made me think that hey, yeah, that's exactly what she's acting like: as though she were Takumi's pet dog, i.e. something he owns, not someone he views as an equal or partner.

Nobu's been pretty strong through all of this. At least on the surface? ._.'' Feel bad for a lot of characters... Takumi not included, however.
Aug 21, 2011 12:36 PM

Jun 2009
OMG I can't believe this. It's like she's into Takumi again!??! I think a lot of women would have acted the same way though, there's no doubt. And Nana's getting jealous over Hachi is all too realistic bitching.
Aug 21, 2011 12:56 PM

Jun 2009
merle_noir said:

I... have to say, I was shocked at Takumi's actions. Hachi just seemed scared of him, to me. And Nana commenting that she's not "Takumi's pet" made me think that hey, yeah, that's exactly what she's acting like: as though she were Takumi's pet dog, i.e. something he owns, not someone he views as an equal or partner.

What do you expect Takumi to do? Isn't he doing enough? What equal partner are you talking about when the bride-to-be was screwing around with another guy just a few days ago!?! Where's her loyalty? If she's serious about marrying Takumi she could at the very least pretend to enjoy it as she had with Nobu! It's the least she could do, Takumi's a human being too, how much crap do you expect him to take? What equal partner? Does she view her men as equal partners?

Her being a dog is more than praise worthy. I've heard and known of many girls in real life who let themselves fall pregnant to get somebody else man and none of them have succeeded in my experience. That tactic seems to work well for Hachi though - in fact she seems so messed up that no one would actually even accuse her of being a gold digger!
Aug 22, 2011 2:47 PM

Mar 2011
Shin..and Nobu):
Dec 24, 2011 4:16 AM

Aug 2011
Awwe. People seem to be very angry with Hachi by this episode. I genuinely feel bad for her and more like her decision hurts her more than anyone else. I don't like Takumi but at this point I'm glad that I finally understand him. Their loveless marriage could turn into love by some chance. Probably not knowing how selfish Takumi is and how selfish Hachi can be though. I'm sure she'll at least gain happiness from raising the child though.I don't know, this drama is just all sorts of wow and addicting.
TropicaliaSoupDec 24, 2011 4:19 AM
Mar 19, 2012 6:00 PM

Sep 2011
Everyone's relationships are so fkkkeeed but Junko's and Kyosuke's. xD
Mar 22, 2012 11:09 AM
Mar 2012
OriginANIME said:

Other than those two, everybody likes someone that likes somebody else. Relationship triangle? fk that, this show is a relationship maze.

But I like how realistic it is though. In real life 18-24 year olds hanging around get infatuated with each other, date, and yes, fk. That's what I love about this show.

It's the "real" aspect of relationships, while stuff like Clannad might be the more idealized, fairytle take on romance. Nothing inherently wrong with either there's room for both.
May 2, 2012 7:34 PM

Aug 2010
Really excellent episode, but very sad. 5/5.
May 11, 2012 9:12 PM

Nov 2011
Mikiyo said:

This is why she should get a abortion.

I bet the evil lord is actually the baby!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
May 22, 2012 7:44 AM

Apr 2012
I think I died a little inside...
May 31, 2012 5:37 AM

Jan 2012
God, This is painful
Stop it, please...
Jun 2, 2012 2:25 PM

Jul 2010
So amazing. I just lost all the respect I gained for Takumi in the last few episodes. I still believe he genuinely cares for Hachi, but I just can't stand that he insists on having sex in this tensed time, especially when Hachi pleaded with him not to. I still prefer him over Nobu, because he's responsible and will take care of the situation, but that one line he said: "Don't worry about anything and just focus on pleasing me." annoyed the crap outta me. I'm still waiting for some closure on Nobu and Hachi's relationship though. And I really want to see a heartfelt talk between Nana and Hachi sadface....
Poor Reira though. I feel so bad for her. It makes me somewhat annoyed though for her jealousy and reliance on Yasu.

Babies are evil. Bottom line. XD
fishergirl16Jun 2, 2012 2:33 PM
Jun 12, 2012 1:11 PM

Dec 2009
Poor girls. I'm surprised this anime is making feel a lot of emotions.
Sep 14, 2012 3:38 PM

Jul 2012
OriginANIME said:

Yup. LOL

Treefingers said:
Good symbolism @ the strawberry glasses.

I agree
Dec 5, 2012 9:21 PM

May 2012
Reira should just go with Shin..**sigh** Poor Shin :(
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nana Episode 47 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jul 28, 2007

388 by VICKY31 »»
May 22, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Nana Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chelle - Apr 25, 2007

86 by kivuchan »»
May 18, 9:59 AM

» Does this anime still hold up

mydaddy - May 2

20 by LostSpectre »»
May 6, 7:39 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

jacobpaige - Mar 23, 2008

102 by nelsonnnn »»
Apr 28, 5:21 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

jacobpaige - Mar 23, 2008

164 by nelsonnnn »»
Apr 28, 5:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.