Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2007 4:37 PM

Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was pretty funny, for some reason I like the non-game eps a lot more, Tajima is an awesome character^^,
Aug 18, 2007 4:42 PM

Oct 2006
jeez.... Mihashi seriously needs to grow some balls... lol.

Anyway I had a good laugh at some bits so it was nice. Tajima is indeed a nice character. Looking forward to a real game, though I won't happen in the next ep. Maybe after that..
Aug 19, 2007 9:26 AM

Jan 2007
It was a nice episode but i'd prefer one with them playing in a game. This episode felt more like a romance anime where the couple ran into an ex.
Aug 19, 2007 9:40 AM
Overlord

Nov 2004
Kayrhandros said:
jeez.... Mihashi seriously needs to grow some balls... lol.

Anyway I had a good laugh at some bits so it was nice. Tajima is indeed a nice character. Looking forward to a real game, though I won't happen in the next ep. Maybe after that..

Ahah, seriously, Ren (that's his name, right?) definitely needs to grow a ball or two. Jesus.

Pretty hilarious episode. The "Snake!" part in the beginning had me laughing like mad. :)
Aug 19, 2007 3:14 PM

Nov 2006
AHHH i feel so bad for shinooka!!!!! the damn coach had to go and scare the shit out of her just for an example and no one felt bad for her...;_;

and sure, mihashi needs to grow some balls, but i think he's really entertaining...compared to a character like mikoto from over drive.

and yeah, tajima for the win. loved him ever since he forgot to masturbate way back in ep....2 :D

YAY for riou's and junta's intro!!! i think when i get back on my own computer i'll add tons of people to the db.
Dec 30, 2007 11:36 PM

Oct 2007
ahh its over already? that went by too fast.

i wish there were proper introductions for rio & the other people from his school. It was hard to follow them at times because i really have no idea who they are haha.

anyway, great episode (as always) and mihashi's non-ball ness is what makes him him... i cant imagine mihashi with balls D= it'd be.... strange.
Jan 31, 2009 7:48 PM

Aug 2007
windy said:
AHHH i feel so bad for shinooka!!!!! the damn coach had to go and scare the shit out of her just for an example and no one felt bad for her...;_;

Her scream was like sound effects that escaped from a horror movie!
May 18, 2009 4:07 AM

Jul 2008
Faust721 said:
It was a nice episode but i'd prefer one with them playing in a game. This episode felt more like a romance anime where the couple ran into an ex.
Nicely put, it did kinda have that feel.
Apr 8, 2010 4:49 PM

Feb 2008
mihashi-chan?
Apr 9, 2010 2:19 PM

Jul 2009
The first time I watched this series, it was in Japanese, but a friend convinced me to watch the dub too....The dub-text for this episode is hilarious!

"I wonder what made him such an amazing pitcher. Was he good because of his size, or was it natural talent?" - Mihashi Ren.

There's no way in hell that Funimation didn't know how that sounded XD
Nov 25, 2011 3:04 AM

Sep 2007
Faust721 said:

No kidding. But I'm finding the gay undertones to be kind of hilarious. I can't even tell if it's intentional or not, but I like to think the manga-ka had no idea because that just makes it funnier. So many times I think, "Well it's no wonder people think you guys are gay!"

Still loving this show though. The overload of new characters was kind of annoying, even though I think I love them. I hope we get more background on the team before we start getting all in depth on these other people...
Apr 15, 2013 9:15 AM

Oct 2009
I wonder what should do those whose partners have the same palm temperatures as their own
Jul 1, 2014 3:14 PM

Apr 2014
Oh man. Haruna. Even more of a dick en dub. <3

And after that dickery he's all cute and sweet and charming with the rest of his teammates. Up and down and contradictory. Man, I want Season 3. Resolve that Haruna tension!

*ahem*

It's weird coming back to this ep. after reading the rest of the manga past the anime seasons and realizing you recognize all the other teams. So cool! The first time through the intros were overwhelming.
Jul 12, 2014 1:19 PM

Jan 2012
They sat so far from each other...
Tajima is such a nice character :D
Mar 31, 2015 4:24 PM

Feb 2015
Tajima is a fave.
Sep 10, 2015 9:36 PM

Jul 2013
It was interesting seeing an official match.I wonder when Nishiura will be playing in one.
So we got some background on Abe's and met his former battery mate,Haruna.It sounded like Abe had a hard time working with that guy.I'm kinda picking up some assholey vibes from him .
Mihashi seems to be slowly improving.At first Mihashi felt disheartened by Haruna's pitching but desite that, he decided he wouldn't give up on the mound if he ever were to face them.
I'm sure Nishiura will play against Musashino in the future.The were also a myriad of other teams and people introduced but there were too many faces for me to take in all at once (I can't even properly recall the members of Nishiura yet).I have no doubt though, we'll also see these teams in the future as well.
Feb 12, 2019 6:17 AM

Feb 2013
Haruna must have something special if he's the one who decides when he pitches.
Apr 15, 2019 9:06 PM

Mar 2017
ugh Mihashi stop crying over the smallest things

rayeine said:
Tajima is a fave.

I second that fam

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Nov 19, 2019 5:23 PM

Sep 2018
Wow~ for the first time I saw meditation in anime lol
Jul 19, 2021 10:53 AM

Dec 2020
sakaeguchi i love u but did he really have to say all that info about abe's past considering mihashi's personality that probably wont lead into anything good but maybe he'll grow some balls from this ! tajima best boy meow meow tootsit
Apr 27, 2:21 PM
Jun 2022
Not Interested In Useless Buildup Of Future Opp. Schools , Had My Fill From ' K.N.B ' For That . Oh Well , Sayonara Windup!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 7 Discussion

Faust721 - Aug 11, 2007

32 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 27, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 6 Discussion

zq - Dec 11, 2007

19 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 27, 12:45 PM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 5 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Aug 2, 2007

20 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 27, 12:32 PM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 4 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Jul 18, 2007

20 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 27, 9:17 AM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 3 Discussion

Kayrhandros - May 25, 2007

30 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 27, 9:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.