Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 27, 2012 7:27 AM
Mar 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Jellal posing as Mystogan now?
Guilds are allowed to enter as many teams as they want?!?
Laxus is a Fairy tail member again?!?!
TWISTS AND TURNS EVERYWHERE IN FAIRY TAIL YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Jan 27, 2012 8:04 AM

Jul 2009
Twists? Plain old 'deus ex machina' is how I see it.
A new allowance has come into place that lets guilds submit two team and so far, nobody knows of this but Fairy Tail?
Now I'm hoping Fairy Tail lose more so then before. :P
Going by the last page, I hope Gray loses

Mystogan is back? Why?

Mavis is calling shots? Why?

I'm interested in the other teams.

Jan 27, 2012 8:12 AM
Dec 2011
Zakeru1221 said:

if i remember correctly that was one of the two desicions made by Gildarts as the 4th Master.
Jan 27, 2012 8:30 AM

Jul 2010
Mavis ♥
So Jellal is now Mystogan? and Mavis says Jellal has soul of Fairy Tail member? and Laxus is already in guild? damn, thats gonna be hella of a tournament.
I wonder how strong Sabertooth members are.

Lol at Gray, Lyon and Juvia...
Jan 27, 2012 8:36 AM
May 2011
Aww Mavis is still delivering her cuteness xD.

~And it seem this Special Punks B Team is Fairy Tail's Gajeel, Laxus, Mirajane, Jellal, and Juvia. Right there is 2 S-Class Wizards and a Previously ranked Wizard Saint.

~I can't wait to see the Love Rival Rampage between Gray, Lyon and Juvia. Then there is Eve who is also a romanticizer himself.
ban1o.jpg
Jan 27, 2012 8:49 AM

Nov 2011
Wow i dint expect Gajeel and the other to join the tournament as well. This seems like this tournament is going to be rather entertaining with all the surprises so far.

I wonder what the 3rd gen dragon slayers are capable
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2012 9:33 AM

Feb 2010
Tbh, I went WTH at first when one of the two teams revealed was another team from Fairy Tail. Though I don't mind it that much now since the 2nd Fairy Tail team is full of awesome, powerful people - especially Laxus and Mystogan (well technically Gerard). Well Mirajane, Gazille, and Juvia shouldn't underestimated either...though like Gazille, I hope Juvia doesn't lose on purpose just because of love lol..

Also, it was pretty shocking when Gerard first showed up as Mystogan. I was wondering to myself, "WTH isn't Mystogan (Edolas Gerard) supposed to be ruling his Edolas kingdom?!" Except I realized it was the non-Edolas Gerard lol.
But that's a pretty clever idea - disguising himself as Mystogan. I was wondering how Gerard, Ultear or Meredy was planning to sneak into the tournament. I'm also very surprised that Makarov easily and quickly decided to let him participate in the tournament too o__O

Am I only the one who chuckled when Erza was reprimanding and reminding Gerard that he wasn't allowed to be here? xD

And oho! What a rare, but somehow pleasant sight. (Referring to Laxus acting like all friendly and like a bro to Mystogan/Gerard :P)

Anyhow, overall pretty good chapter. Makes me intrigued with how this tournament arc will turn out. But for now, I'll be holding back my high expectations (considering how Mashima handled the previous arc..).
Jan 27, 2012 9:40 AM

Feb 2010
Queen_Stars said:
A new allowance has come into place that lets guilds submit two team and so far, nobody knows of this but Fairy Tail?

I'm not sure if this is even implied. Well the current translation is a little weird (only in a couple of parts), but based from my understanding, only the audience and Natsu's team didn't know of this. Not sure if the competing teams knew about this rule or not. I assume they do? And it sort of explains why there are 100+ teams out there competing during the prelims. But then again, I have no idea.
Jan 27, 2012 9:47 AM

Sep 2009
I don't care how abrupt or sudden this event is. I wanted to see gajeel in the tourny and I got what I wanted. I am happy. Seeing laxus, gerard, and mirajee in it too is a bonus.

Credit to WingZero619 from Animesuki!!
Jan 27, 2012 10:08 AM

Sep 2007
HAHAHA !
So fucking good.
Second team ... Badass team !
Jan 27, 2012 10:12 AM

Nov 2008
Didn't expect Jelal to take part in the tournament as mystgun.
Let's what happens with the triangle love in the firse battle :P
Jan 27, 2012 10:24 AM

Jul 2010
As cool as the 2nd Fairy Tail team is,I seriously would've preferred another guild to appear.Maybe a previous guild,I was actually expecting a new and improved Phantom Lord,but hey,seeing Mystogan (Jellal) and Laxus on the same team will be awesome.Oh and,is it me,or did one of the guys in the crowd look like Faust from the Edolas Arc?
Jan 27, 2012 10:54 AM

Jul 2009
sallym613 said:
Queen_Stars said:

I'm not sure if this is even implied. Well the current translation is a little weird (only in a couple of parts), but based from my understanding, only the audience and Natsu's team didn't know of this. Not sure if the competing teams knew about this rule or not. I assume they do? And it sort of explains why there are 100+ teams out there competing during the prelims. But then again, I have no idea.

The translation seemed fine IMO, all made sence.
The main characters aswell as who appear to be commentators (who have been given a voice) not knowing is enough IMO, combined with this being sprung upon us, also, those speaking mentioned Fairy Tail's added advantage that comes with haveing two teams.

Jan 27, 2012 10:55 AM

Jan 2010
Agiel said:
Zakeru1221 said:

if i remember correctly that was one of the two desicions made by Gildarts as the 4th Master.
Yeah, I agree, there was something like that.
Also, Mavis is great XD I just love her XD
Denerwować się to mścić się na własnym zdrowiu za głupotę innych.
Jan 27, 2012 11:10 AM

Feb 2010
Queen_Stars said:
sallym613 said:
Queen_Stars said:

The main characters aswell as who appear to be commentators (who have been given a voice) not knowing is enough IMO, combined with this being sprung upon us, also, those speaking mentioned Fairy Tail's added advantage that comes with haveing two teams.

The one on mangareader mostly makes sense. It's just a little weird for me in a couple of parts like I said before. The one on mangastream seems to be slightly better imo.

Also, like you said, it seems like only Natsu's team, the commentators, and the audience are not aware of this rule. Though, after reading the mangastream translation one, I have a strong impression that the competing teams probably knew of this rule already.
Jan 27, 2012 11:42 AM

Aug 2011
This is absolutely fantastic.
It's awesome when Fairy Tail keeps failing every year in the tournament, and now
Fairy Tail A Team: Natsu, Lucy, Gray, Erza, Elfman (Replacement for Wendy)
Fairy Tail B Team: Gajeel, Mirajane, Juvia, Laxus, Mystogan (Earthland Jellal)

I can already tell that it's going to be a fierce battle, most probably against Raven Tail, and especially that Sabertooth guild with the 3rd generation Dragon Slayers.

So Lamia Scale are going full out in their first event? Can't wait to see the battle between Leon and Gray.

Also, I wonder what will happen when Jellal is chosen to fight (presumably randomly picked by the fans). Those aren't Mystogan's staves (they lost their magic power and are probably in Edolas), and Jellal probably can't use Mystogan's attacks. What will happen if he uses his normal meteor attacks? Will the Council find out?

Mavis = Super cute ( ・ω・)
Jan 27, 2012 11:45 AM

Jul 2009
sallym613 said:
Queen_Stars said:
sallym613 said:
Queen_Stars said:

The one on mangareader mostly makes sense. It's just a little weird for me in a couple of parts like I said before. The one on mangastream seems to be slightly better imo.

Also, like you said, it seems like only Natsu's team, the commentators, and the audience are not aware of this rule. Though, after reading the mangastream translation one, I have a strong impression that the competing teams probably knew of this rule already.

(Mangastream is what I use)
I agree with you that it's possible others knew about this new plus, but ultimately, I can see Fairy Tail being the only ones who beneifit.

I suppose this advanatage is better then the mains simply winning because they're mains (this is more creative) but honestly, what's wrong with them actually being at a dissadvantage and likely losing?

Jan 27, 2012 11:46 AM

Dec 2007
Queen_Stars said:

As far as we know, the other teams might as well have sent their B teams but didn't manage to qualify.

Queen_Stars said:
Mystogan is back? Why?

Because it's not Mystogun.

Queen_Stars said:

I can't understand what are you trying to say with that.

Queen_Stars said:

Me too
Jan 27, 2012 12:17 PM

Jan 2010
funny
Jan 27, 2012 12:35 PM

Aug 2009
How lame is that I have to see Jellal again. I was hoping he would stay away from this ughh. So far the only thing I'm looking forward to is the other guilds.
Jan 27, 2012 12:50 PM

Jul 2009
undead_blopa said:
Queen_Stars said:

As far as we know, the other teams might as well have sent their B teams but didn't manage to qualify.

Queen_Stars said:
Mystogan is back? Why?

Because it's not Mystogun.

Queen_Stars said:

I can't understand what are you trying to say with that.

Queen_Stars said:

Me too

I'm not too specific, my mistake:
- Honestly, I doubt the other guilds will pull out team 2's, and not qualifying boils down to the same thing
- Jallal/Mystogan/Gerrad - they're all the same thing for me and uninteresting, so my mystake ;)
- Mavis giving her analysis and stateing what she'll allow is calling the shots
- Pretty much all the opposing teams seem interesting, possibly worthy of an ark?

Jan 27, 2012 12:52 PM

Mar 2011
Well it's not a proper Fairy Tail arc without Jellal/Mystogan! Though as much as I like to see him fight, I don't really want him participating in the tournament, I feel like too much drama is gonna come between him and Erza idk.

I'm glad Laxus is back and a part of Fairy Tail! I don't like the idea of entering 2 guilds, but I wanted Gajeel and Laxus to fight so I'm not complaining.

And I was hoping Lyon vs Gray would come later! I can't wait for this, Gray looks so pumped and so does Lyon. But obviously, Juvia has to participate in the same event as them...

Anyway I am really enjoying this arc and I want the next chapter now! This is getting interesting!
As it turns out, living was a punishment...
Jan 27, 2012 12:58 PM

Feb 2010
lol Mystogan aka Gerrard is back hiro really loves him^^
Jan 27, 2012 1:43 PM

Mar 2011
bskbob said:
lol Mystogan aka Gerrard is back hiro really loves him^^

I'm almost convinced the reason Mashima did the timeskip was so he could break Jellal out of jail and had him in the story again...

hmm I like Mystogan though so as long as Jellal keeps this outfit I'm fine.
Jan 27, 2012 3:22 PM

Oct 2010
Honestly I would have preferred if the ''real'' Mystogan returned for a this arc as we didn't saw all of his powers. Edolas and Earthland Jellal have different techniques. With this suit up, the Edolas Jellal kinda... lost a bit of taint that he left in the series. I don't have problems with Jellal appearing but to disguise himself as Mystogan was somewhat of a... Sub-Zero pullout lol.

Still Mirajane, Gajeel, Jellal, Juvia and Laxus is a badass team indeed. ^^
Jan 27, 2012 3:22 PM

Mar 2009
DuroDeMatar said:
Didn't expect Jelal to take part in the tournament as mystgun.
Let's what happens with the triangle love in the firse battle :P

I hope they are gonna beat everyone else and ignore Juvia. She's gonna get angry then KO Gray and Leon. It would be funny -_-
Jan 27, 2012 3:37 PM

Dec 2010
I hope Gajeel's team wins. @_@
Jan 27, 2012 4:38 PM

Oct 2008
hahahaha! Mavis ♥

And Jellal is back, yay!

The "hidden" battle sure looks exciting. can't wait <3
Jan 27, 2012 4:52 PM
May 2009
Why is Mavis around? I thought she was like a spirit or something
Jan 27, 2012 4:55 PM

Dec 2011
Ha. LOVE THIS CHAPTER. I never expected a team B. Nice. I thought TEAM B had a nice combination. They had 2 dragon slayers, 1 S-Level wiz, 1 Saint mage and Juvia (I think it was called the "Four Element", Idk sowwy.) Ima predict there both going to fight so. which will be great :D. Its good to have a twist. Mavis was just so cute. I loved her conclusion xD. Aw geez I loved this chapter.
Jan 27, 2012 6:07 PM

Aug 2007
There were interesting things on this chapter:

1. A second team of fairy Tail and as they said a little unfair.
2. Jeral. Jum, Sorprise that he appears as Mystgun. Interesting
3. The "hidden battle" I want to know more about this event
4. And finally the vs. And as Gajeel says: I won't forgive Jubia if she loose on purpose.
Jan 27, 2012 7:13 PM

Dec 2010
Is it just me or is the B Fairy Tail team so much stronger than the A it's not even funny (assuming that they both improved about the same so we can measure them like they were before). Well in any case great chapter; I like Jellal x Erza so him coming back is a win; i want to see those two dragon slayers fight Natsu and Gajeel, lots of things to look forward in this arc; can't wait.
Jan 27, 2012 8:50 PM

Apr 2011
Badass Team B for the win!!!

Jella is back(oh yeah we can't have an arc without him), Laxus(YES), Gajeel(about time-we haven't see him for a while), Mira(cute) and Juvia(former S-class-Element four)...

Mavis!!!:) So Cute

And now we have the first battle, and Gray Vs Lyon Vs Juvia I can't wait for that..

Gajeel to Juvia:''Hey, If you lose on purpose I'm gona kick your a**'' LOL XD
Jan 27, 2012 9:34 PM

May 2011
Team B was really the one I wanted to see in this tournament, but...I don't know. I'm not really satisfied with Mashima-sensei just throwing them in there. I mean, 2 teams? Really now? Whatevs...

Am looking forward to the GrayxLyonxJuvia battle next chap, though. I don't know who I want to win.
Jan 28, 2012 12:30 AM

Aug 2011
First - Mavis is so sweet.
Secondly - Gray + Leon + Juvia it will be nice mix

I would like to see fight the dragon slayer, especially Natsu and Gajeel.
I have a sick idea that Sting and Rogue are the dragons that have changed in people, to see how they are doing Gajeel and Natsu.

Glory, glory Fairy Tail, glory, glory Mermaid. :D
"Embrace each morning as your last, so you may die in the evening free of regret."
Jan 28, 2012 3:58 AM

Jun 2009
never saw that coming..
esp the fairy tail B.. hate that part
it's really unfair for the other guild..

but overall it's so good! ^^
mavis.. LOL.XD
Jan 28, 2012 12:41 PM

Jun 2008
Well surely it is unfair to have two FT teams. If i didn't root for them, i would be pretty pissed XP

Anyway, Mavis, cute as always~

Cant wait to see Juvia x Leon x Gray. Im rooting for Juvia, hope she doesn't loose, it would be a great improvement on her character, since all that she can think about is Gray, loool.

ah Jellal is back~~ kinda surprised to see him as Mystogan, but hey, i so wanna see FT team B fighting. They must be amazing as a group, and its amazing that Jellal blends in with them. Erza x Jellal FTW!

This gotta be the long shounen with most pairings/romance ive ever seen, LOL. Mashima is such a romantic.~

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jan 28, 2012 1:04 PM

Jun 2009
I love Mavis! She is sooo cute!
Second team from Fairy Tail... I was like 'OMG! O0O Really?!'
Jellal as Mystogan :D
And ice vs ice. And water. This will be interesting.
I want next chapter! D<
I like pancakes.
Jan 28, 2012 1:18 PM

Dec 2009
LOL at the love triangle, can't wait to see how that ends up (hopefully with Lyon giving up, the darn home-wrecker)

Jan 28, 2012 8:54 PM

Sep 2007
Queen_Stars said:

Seeing as how Mavis is the founder of Fairy Tail, she obviously holds a lot of clout within the guild. You think Makarov would just dismiss Mavis's opinion?
Jan 28, 2012 11:29 PM

Jan 2011
Oh wow, totally didn't expect Fairy Tail B. xD That panel was awesome showing the members, Gajeel looks epic and Laxus with a haircut, haha.

Earthland's Jellal as Mystogan? To me it just doesn't seem the same Mystogan, I miss Edolas Jellal. Ah well, I'm guessing they both have the same magic at least?

Sabertooth looks pretty intimidating. Can't wait to see those 2 Dragon Slayers in action.

Lyon, Gray and Juvia entering the Hidden event. LOLOLOL this is gonna be good.
Jan 29, 2012 12:09 AM

Dec 2011
Great chapter...I was disappointed with Makarov for putting Wendy and Lucy on he team when there are much more powerful members, but that's been resolved...
Jan 29, 2012 12:18 AM

May 2011
LAXUS DREYAR, JELLAL, Gajeel, Mira and Juvia? LMAO, What a stomp. This is such a broken team lol.

I'm actually happy that it turned out this way. This is going to start of as a comedy arc for sure. Although, since everyone seems to be gathered, something big is bound to happen. Jellal coming back as Mystogan is the second best thing to happen to Fairy Tail IMO (First being LAXUS of course).

I can't wait to see the 3 way between Gray/Lyon/Juvia. I haven't been this excited for Fairy Tail since "Thunder Crashes". Keep it up, Mashima!
Jan 29, 2012 5:41 AM

Mar 2009
thesnnitro said:
Also, I wonder what will happen when Jellal is chosen to fight (presumably randomly picked by the fans). Those aren't Mystogan's staves (they lost their magic power and are probably in Edolas), and Jellal probably can't use Mystogan's attacks. What will happen if he uses his normal meteor attacks? Will the Council find out?

I don't know if they'll recoginize Jellal's attacks but I don't they'd know if they were or weren't Mystogun's...nobody really seemed to know much about him...he did his jobs alone, put his guild to sleep whenever he came, hid his face, and hasn't been seen or heard from in over 7 years...if Jellal's attacks weren't so distinctive i'd say he could do just about anything and no one would be the wiser.

YOH- said:
Ha. LOVE THIS CHAPTER. I never expected a team B. Nice. I thought TEAM B had a nice combination. They had 2 dragon slayers, 1 S-Level wiz, 1 Saint mage and Juvia (I think it was called the "Four Element", Idk sowwy.)

Actually Laxus is an S-class mage and not a true dragon slayer (I think they call them 2nd gen dragon slayers now). Juvia was indeed a member of the element 4 and Erza said way back that that would be similar to an S class. This should be an intersting team since all its member tend to be the "go it alone" type...wonder how that will effect team dynamics...exactly the opposite of team a and its teamwork mentality.

Intersted to see how this works out and interested to see if Ultears training was worth the pain. Lets see how far they've come, let the rumble begin
Jan 29, 2012 2:06 PM

Feb 2010
I definitely want B team to be better than I guess "A" team- i mean laxus, mystogan- those two in my opinion are much stronger- i think ezra is the only thing the other team has- and also yeah i think fairy tail shouldn't emerge victorious- the other guilds are more interesting (i will only settle if B team wins, but if frickin nastu and lucy win imma throw a fit)
Jan 30, 2012 9:49 AM

Jul 2009
Wasabi said:
Queen_Stars said:

Seeing as how Mavis is the founder of Fairy Tail, she obviously holds a lot of clout within the guild. You think Makarov would just dismiss Mavis's opinion?

When did I say that would be the case?
I read this series and know the characters status - what's I highlighted (that comment was a direct reply) was Mavis; who's there threw unconventional means, calling the shots at a time when Fairy Tail still could get a new leader - it's just a case of connecting the dots.

Jan 30, 2012 11:51 AM

Jul 2009
Queen_Stars said:
Now I'm hoping Fairy Tail lose more so then before. :P
Going by the last page, I hope Gray loses

Mystogan is back? Why?

I'm fairly sure all the other guilds knew too which is why over 100 teams entered. Fairy Tail just happened to be the only guild to get 2 teams through to the finals.
Jan 30, 2012 12:14 PM

Jul 2009
Zell182 said:
I'm fairly sure all the other guilds knew too which is why over 100 teams entered. Fairy Tail just happened to be the only guild to get 2 teams through to the finals.

Sorry + ignore that, I forget to state at the time I pretty much worded it wrong (I'll start proof-reading one day).
I can accept other teams knowing of beneifits, especially seeing as Fairy Tail appeared late. It's the convenience element...
In another post I stated that those who 'have a voice' not knowing of this new plus (can't quite rank the commentators), conbined with the unlikelyhood of other guilds having this same advantage boil down to the same thing - another 'boost' for FT (as if they need it).

Mar 27, 2012 11:56 PM

Jun 2009
Lol with Leon, Gray and Juvia
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jul 31, 2012 1:48 PM

Apr 2011
@Queen_Stars, go jump on a stop sign with your butt. ty, now gfto

I am hoping the author will let FT lose this tournament or at least, Natsu.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 291 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

VK11 - Jul 12, 2012

201 by aoo-kun »»
May 4, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 287 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zhou - Jun 15, 2012

96 by aoo-kun »»
May 2, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 285 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IchiroEX - Jun 1, 2012

84 by aoo-kun »»
May 2, 6:05 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 284 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

dancu - May 25, 2012

163 by aoo-kun »»
May 2, 5:37 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 275 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DuroDeMatar - Mar 16, 2012

52 by aoo-kun »»
Apr 25, 6:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.