Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Persona 4
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 26, 2012 8:56 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Detective guy is thinking suspicious of the group (being related), and the Mayonaka TV has him!

Deliquent kouhai's carrying a little boy to hospital... and he got worried for her.

Taking long time to decide to get in this ep.

That detective guy not being a guy? Complex of wanting to be adult early/ being detective "guy". (what? not a guy?)

Being old?
tsubasaloverJan 26, 2012 12:56 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 26, 2012 9:10 AM

May 2010
I like how Naoto is one of those people who talks with their eyes close, lol...Any who, Emperor rank up - should be getting a better Emperor persona than King Frost. So non-gamers expect that. I kinda want it to be Thoth...

Finally something remotely normal, huh? First a sauna then a strip club..Now a laboratory...Nope, not "normal", Naoto's makes this anime episode a gender bender. Lmao @ old Yosuke.

Look at how scared the girls were,roflmfaoo. Decent episode.

Next Scent: "I want to know the truth" - continuation of Shadow Naoto. And possible gaining of a new bond/arcana.

*New Chariot persona, Chimera? Certainly a better choice than ara mitama. But was he in Persona 4? I can't remember having him in my compendium. LOL - it was Genbu - temperance, Keyhole quality was terrible, couldn't tell correctly.

Persona guessing:
For Devil: Succubus?
For Death: Mot?
For Tower: Cu Chulainn?
Of course, there's always fusion...

Also - I guess Sun Arcana will be attainable around the culture festival?
RealScreamerJan 26, 2012 12:10 PM
Jan 26, 2012 11:58 AM

Apr 2011
Nice pentagon in Yuu's status.

I like Naoto's Shadow in TV - this scene looks better than I expected.
scary...? Maybe a little.

I'm impressed! Aika knows everything - That's why she is everywhere. She's got better information than Izaya in Drrr!

No words can define how much I love this episode!
It's a little pain, that they divided this part of game to two episodes. But...
Maybe that will be better?

Oh God, I'm still excited, I want to watch the next episode! xD
From this ep (including this) there will be animated the best parts in game, I think so.

Aww, I wish watch this episode with subtitles as quickly as possible!
But I know that I must wait...
Jan 26, 2012 1:37 PM

Aug 2009
Must say I really like this episode a lot. The animation is good and also the pacing. Also notice that the opening is redone without the glasses covering the action scenes which makes it much better.
Kanji-kun rank up! I love how much he worries for the ones he likes; his mother, his nakama... and Naoto.
Naoto's shadow is scary. Lol'ed at the girls being the most afraid of getting hit by the "aging beam". Conclusion on battle next episode, looking forward to it.
mikadocsJan 26, 2012 1:41 PM
Jan 27, 2012 12:38 PM

Apr 2010
Awesome episode, good job Kanji!

4/5
Jan 27, 2012 12:48 PM

Jun 2010
A solid episode. P4A continues to impress me with how good of an adaptation it is. This episode, they took it a step further with incorporating a gameplay element within the start of Naoto's Shadow boss battle.

One of Naoto's attacks in the game causes a status effect called Enervation that makes it so your SP (Spirit Points that are needed to use Persona skills) are drained significantly each turn. P4A took it a step further when Yosuke got affected by it by making him OLD. It's funny, because a Persona skill you can use to inflict Enervation on enemies is called "Old One".
Jan 27, 2012 1:05 PM

Jan 2009
I'm very happy with the way they paced this episode. Keep up the good work.
Jan 27, 2012 1:43 PM

Jun 2011
This episode was about what I expected it to be like. My only fear is they may be rushing this a bit if it's going to end at a two-cour, but there's only a couple more dungeons after this, so they're probably well on pace. :)

I love how Aika is better informed than the rest of Inaba, even more so than a certain informant of Durarara!! fame mentioned above. Speaking of which, doesn't Izaya's philosophy seem an awful lot like Loki's from Norse mythology? As far as him saying how he 'loves humans and how they react to situations'. But, I digress.

I love the 'aging beam' that Shadow Naoto uses against the Investigation Team (Galgalim Eyes, it causes the 'Enervation' status ailment in the game), poor Yousuke, lol. The girls seemed especially frightened of it, maybe they didn't want to look like Hisano Kuroda (Death Arcana) THAT quickly. I was kind of surprised how Rise didn't defend the Investigation Team when Naoto stated 'this wasn't a game' to her anymore, and Rise retorting with, 'It's not a game to us either!'.

Another quality episode, oddly enough it was not available to me in 720p HD. I'm not surprised, but I always had the option before, and it's jarring to watch anime in SD nowadays (which is saying something since I was so used to VHS quality back in the Stone Age 90's). A solid 9/10.
Jan 27, 2012 2:12 PM

Sep 2011
What?! Naoto is a girl wtf... I really did not see that coming (Never played the game)

Good episode the ending was funny
Jan 27, 2012 2:29 PM

Jun 2011
lol'd a t kanji blushing when naoto seesms them at the school gates,

CURE KANJI'S GAYNESS NAOTO!!!
Jan 27, 2012 4:15 PM

Mar 2011
Well well, another enjoyable episode :)
The Pace of the episode was nice, though I kind of dislike the fact that sometimes this anime shows a 5 sec scene from 1 day... oh well. I'm just complaining about the little things.
Naoto is a female?! well.... didn't see that one coming. . .
Kanji is as emotional as ever lol
lmfao its the age ray !
poor Yosuke he's all old and frail now :P
Well then, I look forward to seeing the events unfold in episode 17!

Jan 27, 2012 4:38 PM

Nov 2011
Boss fight next week i can't wait I WANt TO SEE THE FIGHT

LOL Yousuke his youth disappear a blink of an eye
Jan 27, 2012 5:28 PM

Jul 2009
no one mentioned the new persona Yuu used in this ep?

anyway, time to see the fruits of his labour during the summer break in the next episode. Neo featherman will be proud
Jan 27, 2012 5:28 PM

Jun 2011
I re-watched it in HD. MUCH better. ;D

And Yu's new Persona, that was definitely Genbu.

At the beginning of the episode, did anyone notice Nanako without her usual twintails? I assume she just got out of the bath, but darn if she isn't even cuter with her hair down straight like that. :)
Jan 27, 2012 5:36 PM
Jul 2018
Naoto's a girl :o guess Kanji will get it on :>
Jan 27, 2012 6:33 PM

Sep 2011
ITS A TRAAAAPPPP!

Anyway- I'm glad that Persona had a little action in it again :P
Jan 27, 2012 7:26 PM

Jun 2011
LOL at OLD!Yosuke.

Can't wait for the next episode~
Jan 27, 2012 8:01 PM

May 2009
YES! They updated the opening!! love it even more!!!

10/10
Jan 27, 2012 8:24 PM

Jan 2011
nice episode the Turth is finally out!~still waiting to re watch it in HD though..

but that ending was pretty funny kinda looked like they were running away because they were *underleveled* since they haven't gone into the Tv in forever!.
Jan 27, 2012 8:36 PM

Jun 2009
Really nice episode
I seriously laughed when they were running XD lol And Yuu was carrying grandpa Yosuke.

I don't like the new ending.... :( oh well
KinkyMeganeJan 29, 2012 11:46 PM
Jan 27, 2012 10:33 PM

May 2010
Even though I know Naoto is a girl now, she's still sexy. XDDD

Awesome episode!
Jan 27, 2012 11:37 PM

Jan 2011
Well that seemed to be only five minutes long. I'm interested to see what happens with Naoto after they rescue her.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jan 28, 2012 12:14 AM

Jan 2009
Takashi981 said:
I don't like the new ending.... :( oh well

I was feeling the same, but than I realized that its not this ending that is bad, its just that the first one was SO good.
Jan 28, 2012 6:20 AM

May 2011
Oh God, such a perfect first part~ *-*

I can see a real QUALITY here. Probably because the studio knew that if they didn't animate the Naoto arc perfectly, the bluerays would sell nothing. I mean, she's DA BO...I mean, GIRL.

And so many KanjixNaoto hints. I'm the happiest fangirl ever now~

Talking about him, such a good touch to add The Emperor S.Link here. I really felt it was a Kanji episode as well. So fitting~

TOTALLY WAITING FOR THE SECOND PART. MOAR SHADOW NAOTO AWESOMENESS *-*
If I die and I find that I had a soul inside,
Promise me you'll take it up to its final ride...
Jan 28, 2012 9:26 AM

Oct 2011
not sure if I didn't notice from last week, but the opening theme this week was changed to the more epic.

towards the end when they cycle through the main personas, its not just lengthened actions from the first opening through a pair of glasses, its entirely new actions and animation.

I guess the staff figured people were unimpressed with the rehashed animation
Jan 28, 2012 9:42 AM

May 2008
...one question..why did Yosuke age. That wasn't even....xD; Uh anyways.
Good first part to Naoto's dungeon I guess. On with the investigation.

Jan 28, 2012 12:53 PM

May 2011
KayChan4U said:

The "enervation" status has a "old one" part or something like that. Also, if I'm not mistaken, the equipment to avoid this status has "kid" or "young" on it.
If I die and I find that I had a soul inside,
Promise me you'll take it up to its final ride...
Jan 28, 2012 5:16 PM
Dec 2007
WhiteFrenzy said:
KayChan4U said:

The "enervation" status has a "old one" part or something like that. Also, if I'm not mistaken, the equipment to avoid this status has "kid" or "young" on it.
That's because you lose "SP" when you acquire Ennervation status. SP is basically your character's spirit hence you're growing older or dying spiritually. And as you say, the most iconic Ennervation attack is called "Old One". So yeah, most attacks and such basically play with the "it turns you old" idea.

Jan 28, 2012 11:25 PM

May 2010
Pretty good episode.
I think I've heard it somewhere that Naoto is a reverse-trap but ignored it.
Thus, surprised that it's true.
Jan 29, 2012 7:33 AM

Jun 2011
Leon-Gun said:
WhiteFrenzy said:
KayChan4U said:

That's because you lose "SP" when you acquire Ennervation status. SP is basically your character's spirit hence you're growing older or dying spiritually. And as you say, the most iconic Ennervation attack is called "Old One". So yeah, most attacks and such basically play with the "it turns you old" idea.

Seen this idea floating around this thread.
Wrong. Exhaustion reduces SP each turn (as by being exhausted, your moves will be much harder to pull off.
Enervation HALVES the character's stats, hence it makes the character more frail and decrepit, hence the name of the move is "Old One".

Just clearin' some stuff up.
As usual (for me anyway) 5/5.
Jan 29, 2012 8:13 AM

Feb 2011
Awesome episode. Naoto's arc is extremely well made, imo, and the revelations about her in the Secret Laboratory were epic.

Updated OP : F-yeah! The battle animations rolling when the refrain plays were pure awesome, and heck, they even fixed Rise's face in that last 10-second part of the opening (where they all sit on a pile of TVs, taking off their glasses).

9/10, can't wait for next week!
Everyone is jumping too much into conclusion that because J.C. staff is doing it. It's gonna end up badly. It hasn't even started it. Give them a chance at least. And when the time comes and they actually ruin it. We can all go to Japan, go to J.C. staff and burn their offices. I'll pay for the trip lol

- alpha69 about the Little Busters! anime.
Jan 29, 2012 9:22 AM

May 2008
another great episode Naotos arc !!! and lol at Yosuke ageing like the new scene in the OP aswel!!! awesome can't wait for next episode
Jan 29, 2012 10:14 AM

Jun 2009
OP really grown on me, to think 1st one was pretty horrible.
Finally moving on with the story, i was wondering what Naoto's inner conflict is, and turned out he's a she, didn't expect that especially with such name - but i love it in japanese, that names are often universal.
Looking forward to hisher persona next episode.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jan 29, 2012 11:11 AM

Dec 2009
Nooo! I want the next episode now. ;A;
Jan 29, 2012 12:07 PM
Sep 2011
Favourite episode so far.Wasn't rushed and they handled Naoto's shadow rather well.
Hehe I love Shadow Naoto,Deadly-cute FTW
Jan 29, 2012 12:23 PM

Nov 2011
For an instance, I was hoping Yosuke got turned into a girl...

Jan 29, 2012 12:25 PM

Mar 2008
Oh god, poor Yosuke! I laughed so hard anyway ^^
Jan 29, 2012 5:33 PM

Jan 2008
Woo, now I can finally stop putting my Naoto comments in spoiler tags. I love what they did with this dungeon/part of the game but I'm disappointed that Secret Base didn't play at any point. Oh well, there's always next episode.
Jan 29, 2012 5:40 PM

Feb 2010
im glad they didnt do naoto dungeon in just one episode.
Jan 30, 2012 3:41 AM

Oct 2010
frustrated said:
For an instance, I was hoping Yosuke got turned into a girl...

haha, looks like a Bansho ! Hoping for more weird status effects ♥
Well, I can't say I liked Naoto in the game, she was a bit boring, but the anime presents her better - look at her shocked face, thats what i call emotion ~
Jan 30, 2012 9:18 PM

Jan 2011
The best part for me was when Yuu reported what Aika said and Teddy desperately tried to get some food from them, while they surpressed his attempts one after another causally, and the others did not even notice, or they ignored it. And then Rise was like "whoah", accidently held the spoon towards Teddy and he immediately took that chance. I wonder if she noticed it later?
Jan 31, 2012 4:29 AM

Aug 2010
Naoto-chan, you really should know human transmutation is not a very good idea. I have to wonder though, what will happen to Kanji and his feelings now?

I prefer the comedic episodes 3/5.
Feb 3, 2012 3:45 PM

Oct 2010
Shadow-Naoto was awesome.
[insert awesome signature here]
Feb 3, 2012 5:32 PM

Jan 2008
Ha! Yuu pulled a fast one at the very last minute with Naoto. As a traditional OTP shipper, I don't think Naoto and Kanji would work out at all, as the writers may have intended to imply with this episode.

Also, when Kanji said Yuu was a his best bud, Kanji seemed to....lean a bit more on the BL side with his embarrassment blushing. He looked like a girl about to confess their love.
Estoy_GordoFeb 3, 2012 5:44 PM
Feb 5, 2012 12:33 PM

Jan 2011
That was great!
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 6, 2012 1:37 AM

Nov 2011
two part?? that was unexpected...

romi paku did a great job with voicing Naoto.. it suits her
too bad the eng dub gave away naoto's gender in the game...

LOL @ Yosuke turned old...
Feb 8, 2012 2:50 PM

Aug 2011
Oh snap, very surprised at Naoto's secret!

Brilliant episode, I always feel pumped when the guitar music starts and the personas come out! Couldn't believe it when the episode ended there.
Feb 13, 2012 1:43 PM

Mar 2011
Mind = Blown
Feb 13, 2012 9:57 PM

Sep 2008
WhaaAAAaaaaAAaaAAaAAaAt!?
He's a she?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 14, 2012 11:49 AM
Jan 2009
The dungeon part was somewhat cheesy imo.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 5, 2012

105 by zodismegalame »»
Jan 27, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Feb 9, 2012

72 by NN010 »»
Nov 18, 2023 6:49 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2012

112 by NN010 »»
Nov 11, 2023 6:51 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

120 by Delphantasist »»
Nov 3, 2023 9:05 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Dr_Funkadelic - Mar 30, 2012

186 by DarkCanuck »»
Sep 22, 2023 8:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.