Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2012 3:42 AM

Nov 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
interesting story, but art is lame...
Dec 28, 2015 8:56 PM
Apr 2015
Kurumada's art does take time to get used to.
Oct 19, 2019 6:46 PM
Feb 2010
Some ramblings about the first chapter… Sorry if they make little to no sense and thanks for anyone that can make some sense of it…

Good Points:
The art is ok… Humans aren’t Kurumada-sensei strong point but all frames have a fair amount of detail and give you the right notion of space… I would dare to compare him with ONE but if you check other comics in the same period his work isn’t that different from the eighties art style… so he isn’t breaking any convention or norm… Just being average… And we always will have Shingo Araki art anyway…

Ymmv Points:
- Marin’s casually hanging out with Seiya outside the Sanctuary and wearing her cloth to boot… It’s supposed to be that they were training in someplace neither Shaina or Cassios could check on them, what justifies why they never learned about Seiya’s potential until it was too late to do something about it…
- Then there’s the fact she was sighted by tourists that she ignored and let go away, tourists that started asking about what they saw at their first chance… And then you learn that in this reality Saints aren’t a legend but a secret that should be guarded with the death of anyone making little of it… A hater can call it an inconsistency as much as a fan can call it her being cool enough to disregard any rule that isn’t Athena main motto to fight for justice…
- Her lessons being based in pseudo science, when everything about the Cosmo is magic and religion… add to this the Sanctuary being devoid of any kind of technology makes one wonder how she developed such a theory… Well, she hangs with Aiolia that goes in missions outside the Sanctuary… and he’s techniques are all about breaking the speed of light…
- I could start a point about two japanese children being accepted in the close circle that it is the Sanctuary but it seems that Shion was still the Great Priest at the time and being a visionary isn’t besides him… Maybe the right question is why the Sanctuary is so antiquated even with knowledge about the outside world… They follow the Goddess of knowledge folks!

Bad Points:
- Cassios nine wins by decapitation before the main fight for the Pegasus Cloth. My head cannon is that it’s just a hoax and part of his image as a badass since otherwise all the cult of Athena would be a bunch of hypocrites for allowing him to compete…
- There’s this old man that know about the Saints and he is living right there, the one spoking with the tourists… Marin seems to have some ways to screw said rules and go scott free (I blame Aiolia) but this random guy spilling everything he knows seems a bit too much, he seems dressed well enough to be just a crazy drunk telling lies…
mrponeisOct 19, 2019 6:50 PM
Mar 14, 2022 4:38 AM

Jan 2011
I thought some of the pages were out of order at first.
Aug 2, 2022 6:13 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty good start. I really like the mythos of this series. Hopefully, this will be a better experience for me than the anime was.
Dec 26, 2022 11:07 AM
Mar 2022
Amo Amo amo Amo Amo Amo Amo

More topics from this board

» Where to read the original chapters?

Henriqueta - Sep 11, 2022

2 by Henriqueta »»
Sep 12, 2022 6:17 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Chapter 110 Discussion

linkjoker - Dec 26, 2017

6 by hypermegakakar »»
Aug 23, 2022 5:34 PM

» Saint Seiya Manga Ending Question (Spoilers)

removed-user - Aug 11, 2022

0 by removed-user »»
Aug 11, 2022 12:24 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Chapter 98 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 10, 2022

0 by removed-user »»
Aug 10, 2022 4:04 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Chapter 89 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 10, 2022

0 by removed-user »»
Aug 10, 2022 7:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.