Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tsubasa Omnibus
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 19, 2008 5:43 PM
Mar 2008
I heard good things about Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle manga, but I also read that the anime is FULL of horrible fillers! I would like to watch the anime skipping all unnecessary fillers, and then continue with the manga, but I simply don't know which episodes are fillers and which ones are not.

Can someone make a list of the non-filler episodes from seasons 1 and 2? Arigato!
Aug 21, 2008 11:35 AM

Jul 2007
Darkever said:
I heard good things about Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle manga, but I also read that the anime is FULL of horrible fillers! I would like to watch the anime skipping all unnecessary fillers, and then continue with the manga, but I simply don't know which episodes are fillers and which ones are not.

Can someone make a list of the non-filler episodes from seasons 1 and 2? Arigato!

Hoo, boy. It will be a hard thing to do. When talking about tc anime there's no such thing as "non-filler". Manga based arcs are "expanded" with fillers (like, if a world would take up 1-2 episodes, they "extend" it to four or five, increasing the amount of fluff and unnecessary "developments" making characters go Out of character).

If to talk about the LEAST-fillerish episodes (although same amount of fluff), then 1, 13, 14, 15 and 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25(although these ones are VEEEEERY streched out with unneeded stuff, like spending entire episode on "Café work" or expanding 4 chapters into 3 episodes).

The only one almost faithfully adapted episode is 1 (since all it has is ALL the blood and even torn clothes removed, making the enemies into cyborgs)
Aug 21, 2008 2:13 PM
Mar 2008
Thanks for your help!

Are you sure episodes 2-12 are fillers, too? I took a look at episode 2 and it seemed very similar to the manga, and sure it felt important (they meet the Dimensional Witch and begin the journey). I wish to skip fillers, but I'd still like to understand what's going on (for example if an episode has an important scene going on, I'd probably want to watch it).
DarkeverAug 21, 2008 2:16 PM
Aug 22, 2008 1:22 PM

Jul 2007
Darkever said:
Thanks for your help!

Are you sure episodes 2-12 are fillers, too? I took a look at episode 2 and it seemed very similar to the manga, and sure it felt important (they meet the Dimensional Witch and begin the journey). I wish to skip fillers, but I'd still like to understand what's going on (for example if an episode has an important scene going on, I'd probably want to watch it).

Its not that they are fillers. They are manga worlds mixed with fillers. Lets take an example. Episodes [x] - [y] should be the story of overthrowing evil warlord and take up about 3 episodes. So animators add story of finding a "lot mommy for a girl", episode of "talking with villagers" , then go on with plot and THEN add up episode in which bad guy becomes good and everyone goes to the next world.

Studio Beetrain did it a lot with this series. Each world gets a happy ending (even if that means diverting from manga for few episodes). So the basic outline of events is similar, even though outcome and atmosphere is different. Episodes I mentioned are closest to manga you will ever get

Filler in tsubasa is "stretching out things"(either by just not DOING anything, or by "beetrain-styled romance", aka 3 minutes of face close ups). Basically, the 52 episodes (both season) could have fit into ~24 episodes or so.

My advice would be to think of tc anime as entirelly different thing than manga.

count it as four timelines:

manga chapters 1-106 > Tokyo Revelations OVA(anime-wise, after Episode 42 of TC) > Upcomming TRC OVA

manga chapters 1-105 OR anime 1-42 > manga chapter 106 > Tokyo Revelations OVA > Manga chapters after somewhere like chapter 137

Manga chapter 1 > end of manga

TC anime episode 1 > TC anime Episode 52

PS. As for pure fillers -

Season 1:
Somewhat-faithful adaptations: 1, 2, 13-15,
Episodes to avoid : 4, 12, 16, 26
Episodes with a lot of fillers mixed in: 3, 5-6, 7-11, 17-25(think dbz "stalling time" moments)

Season2:

Somewhat-Faithful Adaptations: 33, 34, 35, 36, 40, 41, 42(forget the very end and instead read chapter 106)
Episodes to avoid: 30, 31, 32, 37, 38, 39, 43(together with the end of 42), 44 ,45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52
Episodes with a lot of fillers mixed in: 27, 28, 29,
AhenshihaelAug 22, 2008 1:38 PM
Aug 23, 2008 3:08 AM
Mar 2008
Thanks a lot again! ^_^
Oct 17, 2010 11:02 PM

May 2010
Thanks lol
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 30, 2013 4:05 PM

Feb 2010
Epic necrobumping for the incredibly useful post! This should be stickied.

It's not necessary to read Chapter 106 just watch the anime, the story ends when Mokona successfully teleports to the next World, anything after that is filler in the anime.

Also, after watching Tokyo Revelations you absolutely need to read from Chapter 133 (half of it is missing from the adaptation) to Chapter 166 or you will not understand Shunraiki.

And after Shunraiki, you need to read from chapter 183 onwards.
ReinhardVonMuselMay 31, 2013 12:03 PM
Stop the sequels high-ranking stupidity.
Group franchises in Top Anime page.
Because Gintama is just "one" anime and not 5.
Jun 4, 2013 4:51 AM

Jul 2007
Rapha_Lamperouge said:

It's not necessary to read Chapter 106 just watch the anime, the story ends when Mokona successfully teleports to the next World, anything after that is filler in the anime.

The way anime changes what happens in Chapter 106 directly contradicts the nature of Fai's magic, something as measly as security systems can't stop its power and the whole "oh library world is not pissed at you, we looooove you" filler ruins the mood shift TRC has been building.
Jun 29, 2013 5:31 PM

Feb 2010
Fai said:
Rapha_Lamperouge said:

The way anime changes what happens in Chapter 106 directly contradicts the nature of Fai's magic, something as measly as security systems can't stop its power and the whole "oh library world is not pissed at you, we looooove you" filler ruins the mood shift TRC has been building.
Hmm, that's why I said the chapter ended when Mokona teleports, I checked that scene in the manga and it was exactly the same. I didn't watch after the teleport though and that's what I'm thinking you're referring to?
Stop the sequels high-ranking stupidity.
Group franchises in Top Anime page.
Because Gintama is just "one" anime and not 5.

More topics from this board

» Help: Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Feb 1

2 by Leashy-chan »»
Feb 2, 2:04 PM

» Why is this anime so terrible? O_O

Salmissra - Jun 11, 2013

2 by ReeraTheRed »»
May 7, 2023 8:47 AM

Poll: » Tsubasa Chronicle Episode 26 Discussion

Cloudy - Aug 31, 2008

23 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 23, 2023 1:58 PM

Poll: » Tsubasa Chronicle Episode 6 Discussion

nehnehneji - Feb 18, 2009

10 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 15, 2023 2:26 PM

Poll: » Tsubasa Chronicle Episode 1 Discussion

enkil - Jun 14, 2009

20 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 14, 2023 4:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.