Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 17, 2008 7:59 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Episode summary:

-Siesta is a slut
-Plot device (mirror that changes your appearance this time)
-Someone triggers the Tifannia trap
-Princess shows up, in disguise
-Louise is angry
-Plot shows up, has a hard time dealing with angry Louise, and gets blown up by a zombie(maybe)
Aug 18, 2008 12:13 PM

Jul 2008
I just finished watching this RAW and I am very excited! FINALLY EVERYONE THE PLOT IS THERE AND GETTING (HOPEFULLY) BETTER!
Here is my props and hate list:
PROPS:
-Saito for not killing Tabitha even though she was forced to do these actions upon Saito. (It is always a knight duty to kill off a betrayer if that betrayer excerts lethal force {in her case magic}) but Saito refused this due to stronger friendship and trust.

-The mirror that changed the person to who he or she wants to be (Malicorn for being a girl-->LOL LOL LOL). Too funny to see a party like that. Looked mostly ballroom harem type cause you do not even know if the guy is a guy or girl (The principal being Bishoujo girl--> LOL)

-Saito sleeping with Siesta and Louise in the same bed!
-Henrietta (only cause she was disguised) for stealing a kiss from Saito
-In caps: COLBERT SENSEI IS BACK!!!!!!!!! {Tear fall down} VERY HAPPY HE IS BACK BUT STILL NOT QUITE SURE HOW HE CAME BACK YET!
-Saito for kissing Louise in a forceful way due to the earlier misunderstanding!
-Tiffa being Saito!! LOL LOL LOL
HATED:
-Seems the Harem is still going on but this part of this anime.
-More misunderstanding and the Louise-Saito love not resolved but just trying to be.
-The bitch who used the bell to make all unconscious...WTH is that??? Some artifact but never really seen anything like it in this series and WTH is the ring of the water spirit???
WELL NOW I AM EXCITED FOR #8 FOR THE PLOT! SEE MAYBE WHEN SUBBED VERSION IS OUT. ^_^
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Aug 18, 2008 2:40 PM

Mar 2008
Nice episode ^^, and interesting plot development..
Aug 19, 2008 6:57 AM

Oct 2007
Great episode but Seista is beck to being a nuisance. Well the 1st 10 mins were pretty pointless but after that was pure comedy, romantic troubles & unexpected plot developments.

The scene when it was showing everyones transformations was hilarious (Tifa admires Saito) and I was quite shocked by the moment between Henrietta x Saito. Well Louise was as great as usual and I cracked up when Del interrupted their special moment.

But I wonder what explanation they would give to Colbert being alive because it is very different from what I've heard in the light novels (-_-)?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2008 8:35 AM

May 2008
good until colbert showed up then it was something like... WTF HE'S SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD AND WHY IS HE ON A PLANE!?!?!?!?! atleast it looked like a plane

Aug 19, 2008 8:41 AM

Aug 2008
This is one of the best episode of Zero no Tsukaima I've ever seen.

Colbert back from the dead! This episode was hilarious.

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Aug 19, 2008 9:35 AM

Jun 2008
Nice episode..
but Siesta is being a slut again..
and Tiffania as Saito w/ boobs lol

Aug 19, 2008 9:39 AM

Nov 2007
Well this felt rushed...
What I want to know is why Colbert was accompanied by Kirche... and why the hell did they arrive on a regular plane (or so it looked)?
Aug 19, 2008 10:50 AM
Feb 2008
It was great episode with a great idea, i loved it but i was a bit iffy about Colbert returning from the dead.

And im a little annoyed that Louise forgave Saito so easily. I thought it was pretty clever how Sheffield used Saito and Henrietta almost kissing to manipulate her. Then they just through it out the window by having her wake up so easily.

The ball room thing was pretty funny. Henrietta and Tiffania disguise caught me surprise.
Aug 19, 2008 12:11 PM

Apr 2008
I think that was the best episode of this season until now, but it leaves two questions in my head.

- How did Colbert come back to life?
- Is Henrietta working with the enemy or is she really interested in Saito?
Aug 19, 2008 12:30 PM

Jan 2008
Well, Colbert came to life... what the hell... And what's more is he's in a jumbo jet (at least it looks like one). Just what the hell man. Oh, and loved Tiff's disguise xD
Aug 19, 2008 2:52 PM

Aug 2008
I liked this episode :D
By the way, i haven't read the light novel, so i don't know how the hell did that proffesor came back to life... Intriguing ^_^
Aug 19, 2008 3:46 PM
May 2008
Didn't Kirche lie and say Colbert was dead in the light novels?
hurray for a reasonable amount of plot development, and an episode that didn't reset at the end. It's too bad the next episode looks like another relationship reset.

I actually thought it was really sweet how Louise turned into her nicer sister. Interesting since they are so different from each other.
Aug 19, 2008 5:35 PM

May 2008
sweet episode!
Aug 19, 2008 5:47 PM

Apr 2008
Colbert is back!!! this is gonna be interesting! I wish Saito would be with Henrietta.
Aug 19, 2008 5:53 PM

Aug 2008
Saito with boobs. Hilarious...

The ending of episode 7 was great. Showing Colbert and Kirche then stop. Cant wait for the next episode.

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Aug 19, 2008 6:04 PM

Oct 2007
lol at saito with boobs.

Colbert is back fom the dead yay?
Aug 19, 2008 6:52 PM

Aug 2008
WHADDATWIST!.....so much happening.....Louise is sad, gets captured, and I think "PLOT! Maybe this'll be the plot we've been waiting for!"....then she snaps out of it 4 minutes later.
Make-up, diiidn't mean to kiss the princess, lovey-lovey....no, not now, there's enemies. And look, a character's back from the dead!
Guessing....but that's gonna be the plot for like 10 minutes next episode, the rest will be fanservice. Why am I still watching?......I blame Louise. She makes the show.
Aug 19, 2008 8:04 PM

Jun 2007
Colbert !@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow that was not expected at all! I knew the "dragon" was an air ship from the OP but I didnt even think that Colbert would come back from the dead to pilot/make it XD. Thank god for some plot this episode.
Aug 19, 2008 8:10 PM

Aug 2008
Now that Colbert is alive, Saito could keep his promise. That's to take Colbert to his world.

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Aug 19, 2008 8:19 PM

Feb 2008
i wonder if the water spirit will ever get her ring back?...just a thught
Aug 19, 2008 8:43 PM

Aug 2008
I liked it! But I want more, lolz at malicorn => girl at the ball
Aug 19, 2008 9:50 PM
Aug 2008
Oddly enough, when I heard about the mirror, I was thinking Saito would use it and I was thinking Colbert would be the natural mask for Saito to assume.

Then Colbert shows up, fat, sassy, and riding an airship. (I think it's supposed to be a Final-Fantasy style airship rather than a jumbo jet -- the propellers are probably pusher-props, and it appears to be the same aircraft that is seen in the opening credits.) It's been established that this fictional universe has extremely rare raise-the-dead magic, so it's not impossible that Colbert can say, "Yeah, I died once, but then someone with a powerful magic item brought me back, just like the half-elf did for two guys in the second season."

The plot was much better in this episode, and I like the notion of masquerade balls -- they fit the semi-medieval aristocratic theme of the series much better than other elements (like the medieval maid cafe run by a strange effeminate man).

Saito really has to be a little more forward in bed. If Siesta, he, and Louise and all in the same bed, I think 95% of males would have a hardwired response to grab Louise, mumble "Louise, honey, go back to sleep," and resolve the situation without an argument. Saito made up for this by stopping the argument in the final few minutes by just kissing Louise so that she would stop complaining. (Sometimes this tactic works in real life, depending on the intensity of the complaints and the attitude of the young lady in question.)

Edit: Tabitha now has an additional reason to fall in love with Saito, and I hope the writers make her fight Lousie for him.
Aug 19, 2008 10:28 PM

May 2008
Really surprised colbert came back :o
on an old fashion bomber airship O_O

interesting turn in the series...i feel like the introductions have been over...and the plot starts here

4 Tiffania(s) = overkill X_x

Aug 19, 2008 10:34 PM

Jun 2007
Colbert coming back is ridiculous, but whatever. Saito finally just shut Louise up with a kiss. Progress, at last.
Aug 19, 2008 11:04 PM

Oct 2007
fight in bed Siesta vs Louise
Henrietta x Saito
saito with boobs
principal's transformation

love this ep. cant stop laughing, can't get enought of it, need to watch it again

Aug 19, 2008 11:07 PM

Nov 2007
i lol at the mirror thing XD
that should be interesting i remember seeing on the anime blogger with 3 tiffianias i got to see that
Aug 20, 2008 7:28 AM

Jan 2008
I really don't get why (some) people are complaining even when this is the type of anime where you need to switch your brain off and just enjoy the simple humor and fights between Louise and Saito.

there is indeed "a plot" but it's so thin that you can't even see it with a microscoop.

and if I'm not mistaken the anime isn't really following the novel anymore.
Aug 20, 2008 8:43 AM

Apr 2008
WELL now. With bits and pieces of plot scattered around (though they all came to a head by the end of the episode, save for Colbert), some relationship progress -without- everything ending in an explosion and back to square one, and nothing that makes me absolutely detest any part of the episode....

Yep, we're getting to the end of the season. :| Same as the last two seasons, probably a feature that will continue on for as long as the show runs.
Aug 20, 2008 8:51 AM

Feb 2008
So they brought Colbert from the dead eh? Wonder what kind of plot device they used for that.
The episode was meh btw.
Aug 20, 2008 4:09 PM

Apr 2008
id hav to say that was the best episode so far.... and maybe the best for a while

/sigh
Aug 20, 2008 4:11 PM

Aug 2008
Eternalsong said:

4 Tiffania(s) = overkill X_x

That was hilarious.

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Aug 20, 2008 6:21 PM

Nov 2007
This was actually a good episode. ;o

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Aug 20, 2008 8:04 PM

Dec 2007
ep!c
Aug 20, 2008 8:20 PM

Jul 2007
I thought it was a nice ep. Henrietta is hot btw.
Aug 20, 2008 8:22 PM

Aug 2007
Two things surprised me.

1. More Tech from our world

2. Tiffania...... Why... Just Why..
Aug 20, 2008 8:22 PM

Jul 2008
formosan said:
Oddly enough, when I heard about the mirror, I was thinking Saito would use it and I was thinking Colbert would be the natural mask for Saito to assume.

Then Colbert shows up, fat, sassy, and riding an airship. (I think it's supposed to be a Final-Fantasy style airship rather than a jumbo jet -- the propellers are probably pusher-props, and it appears to be the same aircraft that is seen in the opening credits.) It's been established that this fictional universe has extremely rare raise-the-dead magic, so it's not impossible that Colbert can say, "Yeah, I died once, but then someone with a powerful magic item brought me back, just like the half-elf did for two guys in the second season."

The plot was much better in this episode, and I like the notion of masquerade balls -- they fit the semi-medieval aristocratic theme of the series much better than other elements (like the medieval maid cafe run by a strange effeminate man).

Saito really has to be a little more forward in bed. If Siesta, he, and Louise and all in the same bed, I think 95% of males would have a hardwired response to grab Louise, mumble "Louise, honey, go back to sleep," and resolve the situation without an argument. Saito made up for this by stopping the argument in the final few minutes by just kissing Louise so that she would stop complaining. (Sometimes this tactic works in real life, depending on the intensity of the complaints and the attitude of the young lady in question.)

Edit: Tabitha now has an additional reason to fall in love with Saito, and I hope the writers make her fight Lousie for him.

Yeah, I agree with the tactic but why don't think of as this way since you have a interest in medieval things: Louis-->Wife & Siesta-->Mistress (of course all to Saito disposal {this based on her submissive side in this episode}). This was quite often in those times. Tabitha....yeah more love CHAOS...sure but I do wonder about one thing.....how will Tabitha change towards Saito after all this????
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Aug 20, 2008 9:23 PM
Jan 2008
that whole tifannia being saito thing was adorable , i loved it, i never thought the princess would become louise and do something like that

Aug 21, 2008 2:59 AM
Aug 2008
angel999 said:
Louis-->Wife & Siesta-->Mistress.....how will Tabitha change towards Saito after all this????

It would be a welcome change to see an anime where the man resolves his issue by saying, "I'm going to have a wife *and* a mistress!" I don't think I've ever seen that in an anime with an actual story. I presume hentai does it fairly often.

What, indeed, will Tabitha do? And who is the big-breasted rosy-cheeked blue-haired girl featured in the publicity art? I don't think she's been in the show yet.
Aug 21, 2008 6:24 AM

Aug 2007
henrientta best character in the anime.......... full stop.....
Aug 21, 2008 7:06 AM

Jul 2008
Nyaann!!!
Nice episode, a little bit akward because of louise coming out of hypno and then fighting with saito :P
Just a question where the hell did tabitha went?

Aug 21, 2008 4:02 PM

Jul 2008
meh 90% fluffy 2% character development, 8% plot? Well at least there was SOME plot development.
Kind regards
Sidoen

Aug 21, 2008 11:34 PM

Nov 2007
godoftheds said:
g WTF HE'S SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD AND WHY IS HE ON A PLANE!?!?!?!?!

umm exactly. not really sure i like that fact. kind of too random for me.
Aug 23, 2008 7:49 AM

Jun 2008
That was a really nice episode.
Aug 23, 2008 7:53 AM

Aug 2008
Yukino21 said:
that whole tifannia being saito thing was adorable , i loved it, i never thought the princess would become louise and do something like that

In the beginning, I thought Siesta was Louise.

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Aug 23, 2008 11:51 AM

Dec 2007
Dammit, can't people remain dead? No, of course no, they have to appear nezt season and make a flashy entrance inside a huge warship...
Aug 25, 2008 11:38 AM

Aug 2007
It was funny, but I still enjoyed the episodes from the first season more. There was a tiny bit of plot development and story in this, but I still have no idea where theyre going this season.
Aug 26, 2008 2:13 AM
Jul 2018
It was very good episode, but I must say - Henrietta is stupid. I understand, that she wanted to be hugged by Saito, but kiss? And why Saito didn't stop her? I hated it and I wouldn't forgive Saito so quickly. I know he loves only Louise, but It was too much. He should restrain himself.
Aug 26, 2008 6:05 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Hm, what? O_o

So they are able to make somewhat good episodes. I enjoyed this one, a pretty good episode after all these meh episodes.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Aug 26, 2008 7:34 AM
Nov 2007
What? Did that Colbert-sensei also see an elf or something?
Seems like the good guys don't die in this serie! xD

I wonder what horny Saito has to say about the kiss with the princess. Louise knows about it, or does she? :O
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Princess no Rondo~ Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Censored_Vagina - Aug 10, 2008

82 by LadyLeeMing »»
Mar 15, 6:23 PM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Princesses no Rondo~ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

angel999 - Sep 21, 2008

218 by Comander-07 »»
Nov 29, 2023 3:41 PM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Princesses no Rondo~ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Sep 8, 2008

64 by Comander-07 »»
Nov 29, 2023 2:55 PM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Princess no Rondo~ Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Aug 25, 2008

91 by Comander-07 »»
Nov 29, 2023 2:40 PM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Princess no Rondo~ Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Aug 3, 2008

113 by Comander-07 »»
Nov 28, 2023 12:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.