Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 16, 2007 9:55 AM
Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Amagad. AMAGAD. Okay. Wtf. I didn't hate Makoto before, but now I do.

First I thought he's just switched sides and he's perverted like all guys. But. God. At the beginning of this episode I thought 'Aw, he's really in love with Sekai.'

But NO. As soon as he sees Kotonoha with a wet shirt, he acts all despicable and shit. Then with the festival, how DARE he accept to dance with Kotonoha when Sekai was right there? >_>;

I really started to pity Kotonoha in this episode, which I hadn't before. But now I think it's all unfair to her. And Sekai as well, I feel sorry for them both.

Seeing how Kotonoha slapped Sekai, though, I think that
Aug 16, 2007 10:32 AM

Jul 2007
Poor kotonoha... if only she wasn't so idealistic about makoto...
And more youthful foolishness from Makoto...

Keeps getting better :o
Aug 16, 2007 3:51 PM

Oct 2006
Twiffle said:
Amagad. AMAGAD. Okay. Wtf. I didn't hate Makoto before, but now I do.

lol seems like we'll never agree :D. I actually thought he was doing good for once. I was getting annoyed by Setsuna but its not her fault sekai didnt tell her what was going on so i'll let that slide :P Last week I was thinking this was the worst show ever but now I'm having 2ns thoughts...It looks like it might get interesting
Aug 16, 2007 4:08 PM

Jul 2007
Makoto is most definitely getting more and more irritating to watch, especially when he stays either silent or stammering during the many "misunderstandings" in this particular episode. Of course, all the characters are pretty severe in the roles they play, meaning whatever "type" they are, it's always the most blatant version of it. Makoto seems less passable as the "horny average guy" but more of a special case of what a real-life otaku would do if he were placed in a situation in which he could hold sway over several different girls. It's in some ways despicable, but could also explain why there were/are so many anime-watchers who hate him.

Still, for my weekly melodrama fix...
Aug 16, 2007 6:38 PM

Jun 2007
this episode was pretty cool , oh the suspense for the next episode DX
i feel so bad for Kotonoha, and Makoto is just too annoying DX
at first i didn't think the anime would be to interesting, but now...

Twiffle said:

i rly hope that doesn't happen DX but it probably will DX -tear-

oh, the drama

Aug 17, 2007 12:34 AM

Jun 2007
Jes said:

Twiffle said:

oh, the drama

You can honestly tell that its going to happen..I feel sorry for Kotonoha...I dont like how everyone is being mean to her...And then Makoto doesnt defend her at all...Its just messed up -.-
PhroshAug 17, 2007 12:42 AM
Aug 17, 2007 1:31 AM
Jul 2007
Kotonoha is weak. She knows about Sekai and Makoto and she still thinks that he loves her.
Aug 17, 2007 1:34 AM

Jun 2007
Sabion said:
Jes said:

Twiffle said:

oh, the drama

You can honestly tell that its going to happen..I feel sorry for Kotonoha...I dont like how everyone is being mean to her...And then Makoto doesnt defend her at all...Its just messed up -.-

yeah at this point i guess its unavoidable DX i know, poor Kotonoha, Makoto is just...totally retarded! that just makes me so mad DX

Aug 17, 2007 2:01 AM

Apr 2007
Another episode of me feeling bad for Kotonoha. : \
Aug 17, 2007 2:18 AM

Jun 2007
Man this is the first anime that I really cant stand to watch :(. Everything about it is just so depressing on so many levels. Sorry for the really long post...

First off, it's definitely clear that Kotonoha is obsessed with Makoto. The only real way to brake up with someone like that, without causing to much harm, is to make it clear you wont go out with either of the girls....but you know he wont do that since it doesn't happened in the game and since he wants easy sex :(

Second, Makoto wasn't really that bad in this episode (aside from the boob look). It seemed more like he was worried about how everyone was treating Kotonoha. I think in his head he expected her to just let go of him and move on since he never hung out with her anymore or returned her calls. Everyone kind of messed that up though by spreading rummers and treating Kotonoha like shit.

Makoto is basically stuck between two brick walls. On one end, he could be with Sekai but the down side of this is that Kotonoha would find out and become even more depressed and probably kill her self or someone else. On the other side he could go help Kotonoha by trying to be there for her. The downside of this is it would piss off Sekai and all her friends. They would probably do nasty shit to Kotonoha for the rest of the school year as well.

I feel bad for Kotonoha but I also kind of felt bad for Makoto in this episode only. He really couldn't do anything without suffering extreme repercussions. The only logical choice would be to bring them both into the room, sit them down, put all the cards on the table and say "he look, I messed up and i'm sexually confused. I like you both allot but it's hurting to see you both sad. I think its better if I don't go out with either of you right now but instead stay close friends". This way they both get to see him and possibly build up a better relationship but they both know nether would be getting his full attention.

Sorry for rant just had that all in my head haha.
Aug 17, 2007 6:30 AM

Mar 2007

Setsuna is now more love than ever!
Aug 17, 2007 1:02 PM

Jul 2007
makoto is becoming more and more of an idiot in each episode...
it's REALLY annoying
now it seems as if he'll fall back in love with kotonoha
bleh :P
wonder what's going to happen between her and sekai...
hopefully the next episode will be good
Aug 21, 2007 5:41 PM

May 2007
Things are sure getting interesting, eh?
I'm glad I decided not to drop this series. =]
This series has been more of a "stress-reliever" for me than anything else ^_^
Lattmucci516Aug 21, 2007 6:01 PM
Aug 29, 2007 2:04 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Getting interesting indeed. I can see Makoto ending up on one of those lists for stupid anime males.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Sep 18, 2007 1:35 PM

Jul 2007
This ep really depressed me. I feel so sorry for Kotonoha. Do they all have to be so mean to her? She didn't do one bad thing. It's cruel.
Nov 7, 2007 11:17 AM

Oct 2007
i loved this episode. just LOVE

katsura is the shit. she showed that bitch that she means buisness.

i really didnt like how setsuna was pushing it in this episode. makoto needs to break up with katsura himself. he just needs to pick one of them, then i'd be happy with either outcome. just stop being a horny guy, essentially

but ome katsura = love.

i wish she stabs someone with the needle.. preferably makoto.
Feb 18, 2008 12:52 AM

Oct 2007
AHA SLAP!! I was cheering for it all the way and she deserved to be slapped!! xD I'm sorry but I just had to post this, I knew it would happen but it was just awesome after it did!!About damn time!
Feb 18, 2008 10:21 AM

Oct 2007
This Episode = WOW!
Guidan said:
AHA SLAP!! I was cheering for it all the way and she deserved to be slapped!! xD I'm sorry but I just had to post this, I knew it would happen but it was just awesome after it did!!About damn time!

AMEN!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2008 7:49 AM

Feb 2008
Okay, it's getting more suspense now. It will get more complicated! XD

Now, it's the girl's fight!
May 21, 2008 8:36 AM

Mar 2008
someone please slap him. hard.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 2, 2008 12:52 AM

Feb 2008
sugarplumfairy said:
someone please stab him. hard.

Corrected =P

Man, why can't Kotonoha just drop him already.
Jun 10, 2008 9:07 AM

Feb 2008
Kayro said:
sugarplumfairy said:
someone please stab him. hard.

Corrected =P

Man, why can't Kotonoha just drop him already.

Because love is a bitch. :D
Jul 8, 2008 8:48 PM
May 2008
Despicable. He sees Katsura with a wet t-shirt and 'falls in love' with her again. Matoko is definitely the type of person that just uses them for sex and to grope. Also at the end I was hoping Katsura was gonna stab her, but then it was just a slap...It made me a saaaaaaaaaaaaaad panda. :<
Aug 2, 2008 1:33 PM

Jun 2008
Well if you think about who is at fault here. It's mostly Sekai. He was fine with just watching, right? A bit creepy but that's it. She got everything going..

Also I don't think Makoto is really at fault here. The bit where he's all like omg wet t-shirt is lame but he was just trying not to be mean.

It's also the friends faults as they are super nosy.

Also the girls fault as she is weak.

Everyone in this show is weak actually. Except for that perverted kid, at least he's open about things.

Since it's almost over, I'd like to see Makoto just dump all of them and tell them all to fo.

Alternate ending: Move or kill himself
Aug 15, 2008 3:22 AM

Jan 2008
msw said:
Well if you think about who is at fault here. It's mostly Sekai. He was fine with just watching, right? A bit creepy but that's it. She got everything going..
I think it's more Makoto's fault. If he didn't have a penis for a brain, he would stayed with Kotonoha.

Twiffle said:
I hope not, she's my fav character ;___;

I so hate it when Makoto is silent or stammers when someone asks him something. Fuck you, just spit it out.
This is all happening because he doesn't have the balls to break up properly with Kotonoha.

Btw, I like what Setsuna is doing. Forcing him pick a side.
aeroAug 15, 2008 3:28 AM
Aug 17, 2008 1:46 PM

Mar 2008
Sabion said:
Jes said:

Twiffle said:

oh, the drama

I think Sekai should defend her too, damnit this episode has me thinking she acting liek a b*****. Well not because she's with Makoto, but because she lied and let people believe it. Damn, Kotonoha doesn't know why everyones being so mean and Sekai or Makoto don't try to stop it. Isn't cheating bad enough. Stupid children.
So glad she got the slap-_-
Sep 8, 2008 4:04 AM

Jul 2008
Makoto you are still screwing Sekai.....I MUST KILL YOU MAKOTO...MUST BURN YOU OR DO SOMETHING SO YOU CAN GET OUT OF MY HEAD! YOU AND ALL GUYS IN THIS WORLD THAT DO NOT MARRY AND DO THINGS LIKE YOU!

Makoto you must DIE!
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Dec 7, 2008 4:04 PM

Aug 2008
Genix said:

Time to blame...
-Itou gets 87%, for being a jackass who doesn't appears to care about feelings, but just about getting laid.
-Sekai gets 11%, for being the only one she seems to care about betraying Kotonoha's trust and not doing jack about it. She should had told Kotonoha first about what was going on beetween Makoto and herself, if she knew Itou wouldn't do it himself. And she would had known that this "training" of hers was messed up. If she really liked Makoto that much, then she should had told him so in the first place, and informed Kotonoha as well. She's still my favorite heroine though... I think.
-Kotonoha gets 2%, for not questioning Itou about any "affairs" that he might had had. She should had noticed how uncaring and bored he was acting towards her, and ask why. Or better yet, break up with him. Either way, she's still innocent.

If Kotonaha would had known about Sekai's feelings earlier, then this would had turned into a "true" love triangle, where there's open competition between the love rivals and their love.
I hope Kotonoha doesn't get bullied by that bitchy jr. High friend of Itou's.

The Visual Novel seems great to me. But dynamic VNs such as School Days, doesn't feel like they make for a good romance anime to me.

I think I'll change those figures a little bit...
Itou= 75%, Sekai= 20%, and Kotonoha= 5%.

Well, in my opinion, Kotonoha should break just break up with Itou.
He doesn't seem to be that huge of an asshole to me anymore. He just doen't have the balls to stand up, and only looks forward to getting laid.

I enjoyed that slap Kotonoha "gave" to Sekai. Only, I hope it really was Sekai the one getting slapped, not Itou or some other person slapping or being the one slapped.

I still seem to like Sekai the most though... xD
Dec 22, 2008 4:04 PM
Dec 2008
I called for that slap and it came! Justice.
Jan 5, 2009 8:30 AM

Dec 2008
Twiffle said:

As soon as he sees Kotonoha with a wet shirt, he acts all despicable and shit. Then with the festival, how DARE he accept to dance with Kotonoha when Sekai was right there? >_>;

I really started to pity Kotonoha in this episode, which I hadn't before. But now I think it's all unfair to her. And Sekai as well, I feel sorry for them both.

Indeed. Now I understand the revulsion that people feel at the character of Makoto. This spineless worm doesn't deserve either of them!
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Feb 14, 2009 2:53 AM

Feb 2009
Twiffle said:
Then with the festival, how DARE he accept to dance with Kotonoha when Sekai was right there? >_>;

I may say Sekai wasn't angry just for that (if you understand japanese, then you may have noticed Makoto didn't accept at all, he just said "I'm going to think").
She became angry for 2 special things: when Kotonoha said "I'm Makoto's girlfriend ever" (this ever came from japanese word zutto that can mean "forever" or "since we met each other", if i'm not mistaken) and when Kotonoha asked Makoto the dance.
But, just as i've said in the last episode, "Kotonoha ga kowaaaaiii yo!!", i'm just repeating that now... When she noticed the shoes at the entrance, she started to provoke a lot!!! She's just looking for a fair fight with Sekai (just like a lot of animes of love triangles i've seen), but if she doesn't have it, then a bad end will come for certainly...

I'm just happy enjoying this show and expecting any possibility.
BlowITAFeb 14, 2009 2:57 AM
Anime ga daaaai suki!!! Computer Engineering. Japan is awesome!!!
May 17, 2009 6:42 AM
Aug 2008
DeathfireD said:
Man this is the first anime that I really cant stand to watch :(. Everything about it is just so depressing on so many levels. Sorry for the really long post...

First off, it's definitely clear that Kotonoha is obsessed with Makoto. The only real way to brake up with someone like that, without causing to much harm, is to make it clear you wont go out with either of the girls....but you know he wont do that since it doesn't happened in the game and since he wants easy sex :(

Second, Makoto wasn't really that bad in this episode (aside from the boob look). It seemed more like he was worried about how everyone was treating Kotonoha. I think in his head he expected her to just let go of him and move on since he never hung out with her anymore or returned her calls. Everyone kind of messed that up though by spreading rummers and treating Kotonoha like shit.

Makoto is basically stuck between two brick walls. On one end, he could be with Sekai but the down side of this is that Kotonoha would find out and become even more depressed and probably kill her self or someone else. On the other side he could go help Kotonoha by trying to be there for her. The downside of this is it would piss off Sekai and all her friends. They would probably do nasty shit to Kotonoha for the rest of the school year as well.

I feel bad for Kotonoha but I also kind of felt bad for Makoto in this episode only. He really couldn't do anything without suffering extreme repercussions. The only logical choice would be to bring them both into the room, sit them down, put all the cards on the table and say "he look, I messed up and i'm sexually confused. I like you both allot but it's hurting to see you both sad. I think its better if I don't go out with either of you right now but instead stay close friends". This way they both get to see him and possibly build up a better relationship but they both know nether would be getting his full attention.

Sorry for rant just had that all in my head haha.

Agreed, exactly what I was thinking. Too bad they want to elude 'the confrontation'. Alot of misunderstandings in this anime and most of them come from aversion of consequences or repression of feelings.
NequamMay 17, 2009 6:48 AM
May 20, 2009 11:30 PM
Apr 2009
After all this they still try to make Kotonoha look like the bad guy? Despicable.

I don't care what other people say, but Sekai's just at fault as Makoto since she's letting people believe that they're going out. She's going behind her back to be with Makoto. You just can't sugarcoat that. And at least Makoto could have the decency to break up with Kotonoha, but I guess decency is too much to ask from Makoto. Setsuna got on my nerves too, sticking her nose in other people's business.

At the end, I was chanting, "Stab Her!", but oh well. If Kotonoha's going to go crazy, now's the time.
Jun 25, 2009 9:32 PM

Jun 2009
How dare that Makoto thinks something about Taisuke, when he is actually doing it too

But i would like to end it without any of them be with MAKOTO!!

that was a good SLAAAAAAAAAP!
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jul 4, 2009 6:08 PM
Sep 2008
LOL at the slap.
Aug 17, 2009 1:36 AM

Jun 2009
right now i would rather him break up with kotonoha and go out with sekai, and why isn't anyone yelling at the other friends that are trying to set up the third girl who likes him(hahaha, i forgot her name, sorry), they make me more angry to be truthful
Jan 21, 2010 7:55 AM

Apr 2009
I did not feel that this episode was a pickup from the last like some others think. Makoto needs to say something to Kotonoha, and it's gone a little too far now for Sekai to not say anything either and still feel bad.

Nice bitch slap at the end. The only thing keeping me interested is wanting to find out what Kotonoha is going to do.
Feb 22, 2010 12:55 PM
Jul 2018
SMACK!
Apr 6, 2010 10:18 PM

Feb 2010
sugarplumfairy said:
someone please slap him. hard.

I second that.
Apr 12, 2010 3:32 PM

Oct 2009
oh no! i can't keep on watching. it's all to tragic
Apr 20, 2010 10:31 AM

Aug 2008
wow, awesome episode. maybe now Makoto'll realise that both of them have feelings...
i wonder what will happen later, i predict something bad. Kotonoha will probably try to take a revenge on Sekai...
Apr 21, 2010 3:33 AM

Apr 2010
I can't believe katsura actually thought that there still was a chance with makoto even though she herself saw what was happening at the roof. Finally makoto did show some human nature, when his face was twisting when everyone else was bullying katsura for hitting two men at the same time. That slap in the end was well deserved, but she should be angry to makoto too.. This series is finally getting a little interesting.
Apr 21, 2010 9:46 AM

Mar 2010
Wow is it me? Or does this anime make men look horrible lol.

I'm sure Makato will get whats coming to him. I love Katsura to death but but from this episode on , she is going to do nothing but hurt herself more trying to rekindle anything with Makato.
May 9, 2010 5:21 PM

Mar 2010
This shit is depressing.
May 22, 2010 11:05 PM

Jun 2009
Although everyone is saying terrible things, this episode is actually true to life sometimes. Although I myself have never been in a situation like this. It does it exist so I don't hate anyone. I feel bad for both of the girls being played by such a terrible man but there is no helping it. I guess it could be worse.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Jun 3, 2010 8:01 AM

Jul 2009
Suzune-chan said:
Although everyone is saying terrible things, this episode is actually true to life sometimes. Although I myself have never been in a situation like this. It does it exist so I don't hate anyone. I feel bad for both of the girls being played by such a terrible man but there is no helping it. I guess it could be worse.

Because Sekai is not at fault at all for what is happening, right? I mean, it's not like she was leading him on or anything with that "practice". Makoto is still an asshole for doing it but he's not alone to blame for this mess.

Setsuna is olev, I'm happy she doesn't seem that interested in Makoto, she's too good for him.
Jun 26, 2010 7:17 AM

Jun 2009
I'm not surprised by the least that Kotonoha's wet boobs are what triggered Makoto's feelings of empathy. He's still a lying, douchey knucklehead....
Jul 11, 2010 6:50 PM

Sep 2009
Makoto's a dick and Sekai got slapped by kotonoha
could see that coming xD

Jul 28, 2010 7:40 AM

Jan 2010
holly mother of god this is a freakin grat psychological anime =D
but it's the worst romance anime i've ever seen...

was i the only one who thought that Kotonoha will stab sekai with a needle? :D

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Sep 6, 2010 7:48 AM
Jul 2010
Up until now, I found everything in this anime to be despicable and boring. Well, this episode was anything but boring. Fianlly.
I still hate Makoto and I'm starting to hate pretty much every single character.
I always thought Katsura was just a poor victim but now she knows what's happening, I mean, the evidence is just in front of her nose, yet she still doesn't confront Makoto about any other affairs. Damn you girl, just break up with him and move on! What do you see on such a guy?!
Then, there's also Sekai. For the last few episodes, it felt like she was being a slut... I think that in the end she's just like Katsura: she loves Makoto and even though she feels bad about Katsura, she doesn't want to go against his will and tell her. She just wants to be his girlfriend.
But hey, I did like to see her get slapped xD I just hope that after this she just talks openly with Katsura, explains what happened and apologizes. It would still be damn bad since she betrayed her trust but it's much worse if everyone pretends that everything's okay while that stupid guy is cheating on Katsura...
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is School Days a misunderstood masterpiece? ( 1 2 )

SkyEatsOcean - Jan 30, 2015

51 by Israel_Is_Evil »»
Jun 7, 4:27 PM

» Was Sekai really guilty?

iHateAnimeBro - Jul 29, 2022

23 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 5, 8:25 PM

» why do people like the ending of school days?

uzay99 - Dec 18, 2023

38 by Minhtam24fu68 »»
Jun 3, 11:01 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Siing - Jul 5, 2007

163 by eblf2013 »»
Jun 3, 5:51 PM

Poll: » Is this worse than boku no pico?

JustSomeone15 - May 29

16 by KayKimii »»
May 29, 6:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.