Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 13, 2008 5:54 PM
Nov 2007
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
for such a long first chapter, that sure went by quickly.
pretty interesting stuff.
sucks that one girls head got cut clean off :X

but otherwise looking forward to seeing this be an awesome manga
Aug 24, 2008 7:23 AM

May 2008
That was a freakin' hot chapter. Looks like it is going to be a great manga, maybe even epic.
Dec 15, 2008 2:44 AM

Feb 2008
Bloody hell, that was epic.
I'm loving the character designs.
Apr 17, 2009 3:07 PM
May 2008
At first I thought already the cast was introduced pretty quickly... oh, alright now their dead. As far as the artwork and the cast, it reminds me of Mirai Nikki.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jun 4, 2009 1:32 AM

Aug 2008
wow pretty epic entrance for chapter one. Looks interesting and promising. The only thing I wish was the trial could have at least been a few pages lol. I would've liked to know the evidence at least. My only complaint. Otherwise good story, good artwork. Looking forward to more.

And dang chapter one was long.
FateEntityJun 4, 2009 1:38 AM
Aug 19, 2009 2:08 AM

May 2008
Interesting start,
Weird prison...
Jun 7, 2010 8:26 PM

Oct 2008
Oh wow, that massacre was mad. o.o
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Oct 10, 2010 4:29 PM

Aug 2009
hm the idea of this all is promising for a good story...

BUT i don't get lots of things and that just ticks me off!!!!
like where is this kid's dad? is he dead or sth? i think it was mentioned he was alive. so where the f*** is he when his kid is locked away in this prison accused for murder??
It was just so sadden how everything happened to him and how he was locked up as easily as that... without us witnessing the whole trial... as well us how they came to the result that a little boy had to be responsible for the killing... did they found any gun with him or anything that made them come to this absurd conclusion? or did they just went: oh.. we found an unconscious little boy in the scene of the crime! hell yeah he must be the killer!! Seriously people W-T-F??? A lot of things need to be explained here quickly, otherwise this looks totally unconvincing and stupid, despite it's nice premise. And no, sorry, I can't pretend I don't care for explanations! Since I decided to read this I need some answers fast..
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Jan 30, 2011 9:55 PM

Dec 2010
Amazing first chapter! I'm stoked on this one.
Apr 7, 2011 1:40 PM

Aug 2010
Great start to the manga and great detail to everything! I gotta say that was one hectic day. Blamed for killing his friends and now in some funny prison with one hot babe who looks pretty on the outside but rotten on the inside

His friend shiro i wonder why she is dresed like that and how she got into prison.
Apr 16, 2011 11:54 PM

Oct 2009
I came here right after starting the anime (could bare to wait the week to watch the next episode lol) and boy am I pleased.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2011 1:47 AM

Jul 2009
Anyone want to visit that prison where explosions to blow off the top of a tower counts as accidents? Anyone?
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Feb 8, 2013 4:01 PM

Nov 2011
Pretty close of what happened in the anime so far except the part where he was at the court. The anime extended more on that. Otherwise, decent start.
Jun 28, 2013 7:58 AM

Mar 2013
I've noticed a trend in manga lately.

Random attack on a class that kills everybody not important
Nov 24, 2013 11:35 AM

Feb 2011
I started reading this after watching the anime, since most of the time mangas beat their animated counterparts.

I haven't read many mangas but I got to say this was one hell of a first chapter, not only in length but also in detail.
Jan 30, 2015 1:41 PM

Sep 2014
Montrovant1488 said:
I started reading this after watching the anime, since most of the time mangas beat their animated counterparts.

I haven't read many mangas but I got to say this was one hell of a first chapter, not only in length but also in detail.

Agreed.
Jun 8, 2015 1:33 PM

Jun 2014
I wanna bang that Makina bitch.
I hope this won't turn into mirai nikki.
Jul 5, 2015 8:10 PM

May 2011
Well, I read a couple of chapters long time ago so I have a general idea about what's happening in that insane place, yet I enjoyed the chapter. Loved the art and the dialogue, Genta's so pathetic from what I remember so I hope he get a grip on himself and stop behaving like an adolescent.

I love Shiro's character so much, she acts really on a whim, she's carefree, she always helps Genta, to be so accurate in my description, she's an immaculate heart that yet to be adulterated, she's so pure.

10 out of 10 :)
I need to finish the series off real quick so I'll be reading a vol. per day.
Sep 2, 2015 11:18 AM

Jan 2013
Decided to read the manga since the anime left so many things unexplained with an abrupt ending.

Also this is the first time reading a manga for me.

Ganta being framed by a person in weird outfit that killed his friends.
Then sent to a prison just like that, no proof other than he was the only one left alive.
I would've suspected them to at least get some evidence (murder weapon, what reason he had etc)
Dec 28, 2015 4:01 PM

Dec 2015
This is my first manga.

Really cool setup. I agree with other posters that I'm confused about:

Dad? Where is he?

Shiro? I feel like she either died as a kid and is somehow haunting Ganta or she is employed by this crazy prison to fuck with people. She sensed him somehow, though.

Trial? What a fast, harsh sentencing without any merit!

I'm sure these will almost all be explained later on.
Dec 30, 2015 12:20 AM

Aug 2012
justintdeal said:

Dad? Where is he?

At home sipping tea. Duh
Jan 29, 2016 10:42 PM
Dec 2015
Cabron said:
JusticeUndone said:
hm the idea of this all is promising for a good story...

BUT i don't get lots of things and that just ticks me off!!!!
like where is this kid's dad? is he dead or sth? i think it was mentioned he was alive. so where the f*** is he when his kid is locked away in this prison accused for murder??
It was just so sadden how everything happened to him and how he was locked up as easily as that... without us witnessing the whole trial... as well us how they came to the result that a little boy had to be responsible for the killing... did they found any gun with him or anything that made them come to this absurd conclusion? or did they just went: oh.. we found an unconscious little boy in the scene of the crime! hell yeah he must be the killer!! Seriously people W-T-F??? A lot of things need to be explained here quickly, otherwise this looks totally unconvincing and stupid, despite it's nice premise. And no, sorry, I can't pretend I don't care for explanations! Since I decided to read this I need some answers fast..
. If you continue reading, you'll see why he framed. :)
No amount of set up could have made that investigation so cut and dry. I know the justice system, and I can tell you right now, a crime that large would have been investigated for a LONG time. Hell, no amount of bribery could have made them overlooked this. No amount of explanation can justify that kind of absurdity. Forensics would have also noticed if anything was out of place.
May 20, 2016 2:03 AM

Aug 2012
Not too long after the anime ended it's run on Toonami, I speed through all 51 chapters that were currently out at the time. I think I did it in two sittings, either way, due to the series being on hiatus, I wasn't able to complete it. A good while after that, it may have even been years, I noticed the series completed with only seven more chapters. However, I had already forgotten a good amount of the story so I decided a whole re-read was in session. It's been about four or five years since I first went through it but I'm finally going to finish it this month.

As for the first chapter itself, this opening bit is pretty ingrained in my mind from the first time I saw it in the anime. The situations a bit ludicrous but there's enough intrigue in here & emotion to carry through.
Jul 7, 2016 7:12 AM

Jan 2016
No! Not Mimi! She was like there for 5 second ):
I expect great things about this one. This was a good start chapter
Jun 10, 2017 4:15 PM

Mar 2016
Mimi is totally best girl...oh...oh no...why?!!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Sep 26, 2017 11:57 PM

May 2017
Decided to read the manga since the anime left so many things unexplained
Sep 15, 2018 5:09 PM

May 2010
It's been a few years since I've seen anime, time to refresh my memory with manga version!

So far it looks decent, artstyle's great, setting's intriguing, hopefully I'm gonna enjoy this even more than the TV series :3
Jan 15, 2020 4:50 PM

May 2016
Why they decided to build an amusement park prison full of death row inmates to raise morale after a devastating earthquake is beyond me but the concept does sound entertaining~

Been so long since I've first seen the anime yet I can still remember the opening's lyrics as clear as day. It must be a sign that I might as well read the manga so here I am.

Feb 27, 2021 12:03 AM

Apr 2019
The Story is fresh and interesting so far. Should see where it goes
Jun 18, 2021 9:55 AM

Oct 2019
Bought volumes 1-3 and 5 last year, and read up to volume 9 or 10 via copies from my friends. Now, I’m gonna read this to the end.

This is a really damn good first chapter. Reminds me of a cross between Elfen Lied and Mirai Nikki. I liked both of those a lot, so this might be my thing. We’ll see how this goes.
SebCyrSC2000Jun 18, 2021 10:02 AM
Pandora Hearts is the best manga ever made and deserves an anime reboot
Nov 8, 2023 12:34 PM

Mar 2015
I feel like this included so much more than the anime originally did.
Feb 19, 10:36 PM

Jul 2012
Reply to localveggie
I feel like this included so much more than the anime originally did.
@knxwone The anime really skimmed over important details. I hope it gets a reboot one day.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Chapter 34 Discussion

deadfisheyes - Apr 19, 2010

26 by H_Erifu »»
Apr 5, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Chapter 58 Discussion

GodOfWolves - Sep 27, 2020

3 by localveggie »»
Nov 19, 2023 6:49 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Chapter 43 Discussion

Ishmael - Mar 26, 2011

23 by localveggie »»
Nov 17, 2023 6:33 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Chapter 38 Discussion

deadfisheyes - Aug 2, 2010

22 by localveggie »»
Nov 15, 2023 8:19 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Chapter 36 Discussion

Scrypt - Jun 18, 2010

28 by localveggie »»
Nov 13, 2023 8:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.