Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jan 27, 2012 12:53 PM

May 2008
evaila said:
To_aru_Oni said:
FULL-ADAPTATION, PLEASE.
yesyesyes~~ >w<;
Jan 28, 2012 1:19 AM

Dec 2010
Seemed like a trailer to me... I'd watch it if they decided to make it an original series. can't rate it high as I don't quite get what's going on in such a summary. Well, time flies, maybe they'll make something more.
Jan 29, 2012 4:33 AM

Apr 2011
I need a real series of this too. I liked it. And the girl will be better than Shiro, for sure.
Jan 29, 2012 1:43 PM
Dec 2007
Exalda said:
I need a real series of this too. I liked it. And the girl will be better than Shiro, for sure.
The girl is like a less tsundere version of Tohsaka Rin so of course she'd be better than the "I have no individual personality and think women can't fight" Emiya Shirou.

Jan 30, 2012 7:41 AM

Sep 2010
I liked it. And I'm pretty sure they'll make TV version in a year or two :D I mean, it really seemed like "You'll watch" x3
𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓷 𝓽𝓸 𝓖𝓾𝓼𝓾 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓶𝓮

Jan 31, 2012 3:57 AM
Feb 2011
At lest to me, this left much better impression than the Fate/Stay Night series. I wish they would make a full 24/26 episode series with this setting.
Jan 31, 2012 8:40 PM
Jan 2011
if male Saber and female Saber ever meet, they would look more like siblings and the ultimate dynamic duel!

where Female Saber is the younger but little more mature and strict sister, while male Saber is the older but laid back brother, haha that probably would be great to watch
Feb 1, 2012 3:18 PM
Nov 2007
this was quite a decent trailer but it was just a trailer so i cant rate it higher than a 7 really.
I would love to see a full adaption of this since it would be a darker fsn with a few characters i liked a bit more than the fsn versions.
Feb 2, 2012 10:40 PM

Sep 2010
I like how nearly all the voices were done by big names. It gives me hope that the top-brass out there are considering to do this.
Feb 8, 2012 1:49 AM

Apr 2009
Very interesting. It has potential. They should turn this into a full show, whether a TV series, an OVA or a movie. As the original idea for F/SN, it could very well work as an alternate universe. Here's to hoping that this is just a preview of their future plans.
Feb 9, 2012 3:50 PM

Feb 2010
geh... I wish they stayed with the original concept of the master of saber being a female, and saber being a male... I dislike the characters in fate/stay night, and I think the characters in this look loads more interesting. Ah well... its clear its never going to happen.
Feb 14, 2012 6:16 PM

Nov 2007
Nana-chii said:
I keep throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens. :(
So heartbreaking D:

Such a sexy voicecast too, though the animation leaves a lot to be desired. Either way, DO WANT. Such an awesome teaser, seriously. I doubt we'll ever get anything more though D:

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Feb 18, 2012 12:43 PM

Jun 2009
That was awesome teaser. But way too short. So many interesting things were happening. I want more and right now! :D
Mar 6, 2012 3:35 PM
Jan 2008
I'M THROWING MONEY AT THE SCREEN

IT'S NOT WORKING

HALP
Mar 10, 2012 8:09 AM

Feb 2012
This was quite dark, which made me like it quite a bit more than Fate / Stay Night. I like the female Saber more though :3 The show would never be the same without her! but I still want a series from this xD
Mar 30, 2012 2:31 PM

Feb 2012
What the hell was that, brutally confusing.
Mar 31, 2012 12:13 PM

Feb 2009
This would have been so much better than the original series. Toning down Tohsaka and making her the main character is a nice touch and I really like male Saber's personality too. Not to mention Gilgamesh sounds awesome with Nakamura Yuuichi's voice. We would have lost an Archer but at least there wouldn't be a Shirou either. No more SEIBAH SEIHBAH SEIBAH would have made it more pleasurable.
Apr 7, 2012 5:28 AM

Feb 2011
Just rewatched with UTW subs.... definitely much better than whoever subbed it the first time around.
Apr 10, 2012 5:08 PM

Mar 2010
Somehow , I prefer this one . I hope it will turn to be a series instead of just 12minutes OVA.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2012 11:56 AM

Oct 2010
I'm surprise they manage to improve an idea like this. The current release is very good but the initial concept was was far from weak. A movie format would be interesting to see how this flesh out.
huh?
May 6, 2012 5:57 AM

May 2011
This is already fifty thousand times better than Fate/Stay Night due to the lack of Shirou. Glasses-chan is actually REALLY CUTE and apparently somewhat competent, and Saber is absolutely swoonworthy (not that she wasn't as a chick, but the VA this time around is Sakurai Takahiro!!) Animations and backgrounds are gorgeous; I actually found myself staring at the greenhouse when Ayaka first ran in, just because of the amount of details on the plants.

Not much development, and way too much what-could-have-been to make me happy if this doesn't get turned into a full series (or at least a movie). But what I did get out of that twelve minutes was some delighted fangirling, so I'm content for now.

Imma leave this here
May 12, 2012 10:53 PM

Jul 2010
so this is where it all began?? quite interesting.

allrealelements said:
This is already fifty thousand times better than Fate/Stay Night due to the lack of Shirou. Glasses-chan is actually REALLY CUTE and apparently somewhat competent, and Saber is absolutely swoonworthy (not that she wasn't as a chick, but the VA this time around is Sakurai Takahiro!!) Animations and backgrounds are gorgeous; I actually found myself staring at the greenhouse when Ayaka first ran in, just because of the amount of details on the plants.

Not much development, and way too much what-could-have-been to make me happy if this doesn't get turned into a full series (or at least a movie). But what I did get out of that twelve minutes was some delighted fangirling, so I'm content for now.

Imma leave this here

thats kinda ironic, since the review for this one mentions it the opposite, this girl wants nothing to do with the grail war, while shirou actually decided to take matters into his own hands and become a hero

May 13, 2012 8:41 PM

Aug 2011
Man, I would REALLY love to see this. I definitely like Ayaka (well, what little we see of her) better than Shirou. I am also really blown away by how dark and gritty it seems. It'd be super cool if they could develop this into a series. Also, I love how I could pinpoint almost every seiyuu because they've used such big names in this OVA.
May 15, 2012 12:51 PM

Mar 2009
I definitely thought it was very interesting to see! Seeing all the characters come to life when they where still only being developed on the drawing board, that's some good fan stuff *v*

Though honestly all I could think about was the cast! Nakamura Yuuichi, Nakai Kazuya, Takahiro Sakurai & Miyano Mamoru OMG *W* As much as I love the cast in FSN (I mean it has Sugiyama Noriaki and Suwabe Junichi =w=) Fate/Prototype sure has one hell of a VA cast *Q*
May 30, 2012 1:15 PM
May 2012
From some data of interview with the mushroom (I mean... Kinoko), we can tell that he likes writing from his very early age, and some story kind like fate where magicians summon some heroes in a war for grail came into his mind when he was still in high school. That is what we see now. So Prototype is something like draft, not even a parallel world.
Saber still Arthur, but a male now.
Lancer still Cu Chulain, but years younger.
Archer still Gil, and no archer EMYA exists.
Berserker still Heracles.
Rider then Persus.

For Ayaka and Shirou, personally I find them share nothing except they are both the first main chara..
Jun 12, 2012 11:05 AM

Jan 2012
Why is this not an anime? WHY?????????????????????????????
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 30, 2012 12:07 AM

Jul 2011
Thanks, but no thanks. Glad to see they scrapped those character designs and the story. The new MC is not even remotely as interesting as Shirou was (i know, i know small sample size, but "my family is making me fight in this war and take my sisters place", doesn't really excite me. In fact it's a bit generic). The one thing that did interest me however was the new Saber. It would be cool to see what Saber as a man would be like, but I wouldn't prefer him over female saber.

Basically I'm just glad F/SN is what it is. This OVA was nice, but lets see a F/SN remake (or HF) first or even a Tsukihime remake rather than a series of this.
Jun 30, 2012 12:17 AM

Aug 2009
EOTW said:
Thanks, but no thanks. Glad to see they scrapped those character designs and the story. The new MC is not even remotely as interesting as Shirou was (i know, i know small sample size, but "my family is making me fight in this war and take my sisters place", doesn't really excite me. In fact it's a bit generic). The one thing that did interest me however was the new Saber. It would be cool to see what Saber as a man would be like, but I wouldn't prefer him over female saber.

Basically I'm just glad F/SN is what it is. This OVA was nice, but lets see a F/SN remake (or HF) first or even a Tsukihime remake rather than a series of this.

More than the characters of Prototype I would like to learn the rules of this Grail War and the laws of magic that exist in the universe of it.As from what I saw there probably are some changes from the Nasuverse we know.
Jul 1, 2012 12:39 AM

Jul 2011
ssjokg said:
EOTW said:

More than the characters of Prototype I would like to learn the rules of this Grail War and the laws of magic that exist in the universe of it.As from what I saw there probably are some changes from the Nasuverse we know.

Hmm, well I doubt that they would be as polished as the rules we have now, but it would be cool to know what he had planned regardless. I'm not so sure he had different rules though, I think he had a blue print, which he then messed around with until he found something he liked. I think I would like to see which new heroic spirits would have been thrown into the mix as well.As a matter of fact I think it would be cool if we got to see some of the earlier grail wars and which heroes they featured.
Jul 1, 2012 1:00 AM

Aug 2009
EOTW said:
ssjokg said:
EOTW said:

As a matter of fact I think it would be cool if we got to see some of the earlier grail wars and which heroes they featured.

Well said, especially 1st and 3rd HGWars.The 1st for the creation of the greater grail and Zouken(even if I hate him in FZ FSN)being like Kiritsugu ,maybe we will see Zeltrech too and the 3rd for the corruption of the grail.
Jul 12, 2012 7:04 AM

Jun 2009
I actually think there could be some potential here, and it kind of felt like a trailer to a possible TV series or Movie. The male Saber seemed kind of dull, though and it was kind of hard to get a real feel for it. It felt kind of twisted, though, and that kind of interested me. Particularly the priest guy and the Ilya look alike.

They really did change everything after deciding the sexes of Saber and the master, didn't they? "Gil" had a different appearance (though he still seemed plenty cocky) and I noticed that he was after Ayaka in this version. Other than that, if all the voices playing at one time I wasn't really sure what to focus on.

All in all, I wouldn't mind seeing them do something more with this. But, I would definitely prefer Fate/stay night or Tsukihime, actually both, to get proper anime treatment first.
Ston3_FreeN7Jul 12, 2012 7:32 AM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 21, 2012 9:48 PM

May 2012
This was pretty good, it seemed darker than the TV series as well which made me like it even more. I think it would be a waste to not do anything at all with this, at the very least a movie should be made, although I would prefer a full 12 or 24 episode tv like they did with the original fate tv series.
Jul 26, 2012 3:18 PM

Sep 2008
Well it was nothing new except for the differences in character design. Really, I know the series from Fate/Zero so this version is worse. Even though, an interesting change.
Aug 1, 2012 1:00 PM

Jan 2012
nedstark1990 said:
I really want a real series of this

same here
Aug 1, 2012 1:19 PM

Jul 2008
I think they should make fate/prototype as otome game because:
Main character is female and all servants is mens
Aug 20, 2012 8:28 AM

Aug 2009
If only this is a real series. I would have liked the Fate series a little bit more.
Sep 3, 2012 10:36 AM

Jan 2011
king arthur finally has a penis
Sep 26, 2012 2:19 AM

Apr 2012
Wow, male Saber, welcome to the fourth dimension.

Seriously though, it wasn't bad: more blood, more tattoos, more black magic, more ecchi, I could watch that. But yeah, they did good in getting rid of the angel stuff, this has been overdone. And the priest really looked retarded.
Sep 29, 2012 9:43 AM

Sep 2011
that was so good O_O there was so much going on within 12 minutes that it finished before i knew it.... it was too overwhelming .... i totally want at least 12 episodes of this !!!
p1n6olSep 30, 2012 9:31 AM
Oct 20, 2012 1:29 AM

Jan 2008
I liked how Saber was at par/stronger than Gilgamesh here. Gil was just too powerful in the other fate animes.
Oct 21, 2012 10:56 AM

Jul 2012
Oh man if only they made this into a series.......They should at least make Fate/Extra an anime series it setup with characters and everything for a good anime till then I'll enjoy the game
Oct 23, 2012 3:58 PM
Sep 2012
Can't they make a series out of it??
I think that it would really be great if they make one.
And lastly is there a chance of it being a series??
Oct 23, 2012 5:40 PM
Dec 2007
revausr said:
Can't they make a series out of it??
I think that it would really be great if they make one.
And lastly is there a chance of it being a series??
There's no actual Fate/Prototype script written. This trailer was based on some scrapped material that eventually turned into Stay Night. They could hire someone to make a story out of it if they wanted though, the premise is already there.

Nov 24, 2012 4:14 PM

Dec 2009
it wasgood but it seemed like a trailer too me is their coming out a anime of this or not ???
Dec 5, 2012 3:29 PM

May 2012
For a reason the setting here was for me more desirable than the original Fate/Stay Night, might have liked the series more if it had this setting! For this Ova I give it a 8/10
Dec 6, 2012 8:57 PM
Oct 2008
nedstark1990 said:
I really want a real series of this

This I was impressed thoroughly and I would ebe more than happy to watch this as a full series
Dec 30, 2012 6:50 PM

Nov 2011

Excellent animation to this so far.

That scene with the knife and the bird was kinda scary tbh. Anyways, the episode was fucking epic. The fight scenes and the montage of what's happening according to the servants/contracts. DO WANT. 8/10.

Credit song is pretty good also. Wow, I hope this becomes an official anime series someday tbh. 8/10.
Jan 25, 2013 6:02 PM

Apr 2009
Looks interesting, I'd watch it if they make a full series out of it. Besides, Saber as a guy is refreshingly different than the usual. XD 8/10 for making me want to watch it more.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 4, 2013 12:41 AM

Feb 2011
Seems epic to me. :)
Feb 12, 2013 3:28 PM

Jun 2012
I think this would have been better than the actual series.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» What if the two Sabers meet for the first time?

Otaku-Ninja - Apr 10, 2012

13 by -Mahesvara »»
Aug 15, 2017 11:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.