Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Negima!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 30, 2022 10:41 PM

Nov 2010
I like this art style. The waifus are looking nice especially Konoka. She really looks great in that yukata.

Damn, Yuna's power level has increased so much since the end of 2005 season. Ayaka was no match despite the fact they equally received powers from Negi back then.
Jun 27, 2022 5:45 AM

Jan 2020
I went through and read the whole first page of this thread, but no one bothered to actually mention what is between the original anime and this. I get that people want others to read the manga, which I may do eventually, but I was hoping for some sort of crash course in the interim.

That being said, I'm guessing the segments before the OP are just sorta random moments to fill in some of what's been going on. The main gist being that everyone is able to use magic, which makes sense since basically everyone was already somehow connected to the magical world anyway.

While I didn't necessarily recognize all the characters, there were a lot of amusing parts in this. It seemed like this did a better job of mixing plot and humor, which I felt like the original series basically only managed one or the other at a time. And, the art was way better.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jul 21, 2022 5:18 AM

Jul 2016
commonxreaction said:
I went through and read the whole first page of this thread, but no one bothered to actually mention what is between the original anime and this. I get that people want others to read the manga, which I may do eventually, but I was hoping for some sort of crash course in the interim.

If you're fine with short summary, then basically (Note: The last 5 episodes of first anime are non-canon in case if you don't know):

1) The school are having some kind of festival.
2) Chao wanted to use this festival as a chance to get rid all of the magicans (Including Negi and the magic teachers) and forced them to return to the magic world for her "ultimate" plan.
3) Negi and the girls then tried to stop her as they don't want to be seperated.
4) After Chao was defeated, she returned to her own timeline since she's actually a time traveller from the future (+ She is actaully Negi's granddaughter).
MahiaErebeaNegiJul 21, 2022 5:31 AM
Jul 21, 2022 8:15 AM

Jan 2020
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
commonxreaction said:

If you're fine with short summary, then basically (Note: The last 5 episodes of first anime are non-canon in case if you don't know):

1) The school are having some kind of festival.
2) Chao wanted to use this festival as a chance to get rid all of the magicans (Including Negi and the magic teachers) and forced them to return to the magic world for her "ultimate" plan.
3) Negi and the girls then tried to stop her as they don't want to be seperated.
4) After Chao was defeated, she returned to her own timeline since she's actually a time traveller from the future (+ She is actaully Negi's granddaughter).

Cool, cool, cool. It definitely sounds interesting. There ended up being a lot more depth to this series than I initially gave it credit for. So will be worth a read.

Thanks for the info.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! OVA Shiroki Tsubasa Ala Alba Episode 3 Discussion

kisami - Mar 8, 2009

34 by commonxreaction »»
Jun 27, 2022 7:16 AM

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! OVA Shiroki Tsubasa Ala Alba Episode 2 Discussion

angel999 - Nov 16, 2008

33 by commonxreaction »»
Jun 27, 2022 6:31 AM

» Confussion

Arifshirvani - Nov 27, 2009

3 by Setsuna200 »»
Nov 12, 2010 9:06 PM

» Any news on when this really comes out?

DeathfireD - Jul 27, 2008

3 by Asrialys »»
Aug 12, 2008 5:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.