Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 14, 2007 6:27 PM

Oct 2006
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What?! no Windcutter VS Flashsword?! fail~ ! .....

This is probably the episode that I noticed, differed more from the manga. While I do think they did a nice job exploring the bonds created within the group, namely with Undine and Deneve, with Helen cheering up that "unknown" claymore, and even with Jean, Clare and Flora... they re-wrote to much IMO.
Still, it was an enjoyable ep.. but I was eager to see the confrontation between Flora and Clare animated... blah...

And Raki is now learning swordsmanship from and Ex-number 1 Claymore. Good news... well.. good news 'till Priscilla or him get hungry :P

Can't wait for the next arc.

screenshots
Aug 14, 2007 10:32 PM

Jul 2007
I'm not sure what to think about the change form the manga, up to now it's been pretty true to the source. It'll have to wait to be seen how well the anime can use these changes to build up to an ending.

I have expressed in the past how awsome a GAR Raki that can cut monsters in half with the strength equal to a Claymore, ubt if I really wanted that I'd go re-read Berserk.

My japanese isn't too good, so I'll expand on this (maybe) once it gets subbed.

Sam is my sweet peach
Aug 17, 2007 2:28 PM

Apr 2007
Indeed it was quite a boring ep since they cut out the only "could be excting part" in this ep which is Windcutter vs Flashsword...they're doing pretty well not to cut any more than that though.
Definitely lookin forward to 21, a bloody intense ep awaits~ I hope the animation won't fail us all ^-^;
Aug 17, 2007 2:32 PM

Mar 2007
This episode does no longer exist due to the fact that there was no Windcutter vs Flashsword.
Aug 17, 2007 2:43 PM

Apr 2007
I guess it's a good thing I haven't read the manga yet. I enjoyed this episode. Next one looks like it'll be good also.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Aug 17, 2007 3:14 PM

Aug 2007
I like Claymore's fights, but the relationships between all the different characters also need time, or the whole thing will lose depth and become just another "this is good bu could have been better" series, especially now there's all those new people to worry about. Love what they did with Undine.

Kayrhandros, perhaps you need some spoiler tags? =(
Aug 17, 2007 4:07 PM

Jun 2007
So what exactly are the differences from the manga in this episode? Do Clare and Flora actually fight?

Aug 17, 2007 4:13 PM

Nov 2004
Indeed, quite some changes from the manga, noticed it slightly the first few eps of this arc, and now a lot in this ep. Although it was nicely done i still disapprove of most of the changes ^^
Aug 17, 2007 4:27 PM

Jan 2007
The ending of the anime will be an orignal one so i guess this is where it starts to really diverge from the manga. With that said, i thought this episode as alright. It was nice to see the bonds between the Claymores but it was boring with no action. Hopefully they take this anime to a good direction.
Aug 17, 2007 6:10 PM

Jul 2007
Faust721 said:
The ending of the anime will be an original one so i guess this is where it starts to really diverge from the manga. With that said, i thought this episode as alright. It was nice to see the bonds between the Claymores but it was boring with no action. Hopefully they take this anime to a good direction.

And its right here, where the anime stops its existence for me...

Ep was alright, but the story was killed by taking out flora vs claire...
Aug 17, 2007 7:47 PM

Jul 2007
It's tough sometimes to rate a single episode as a single work. You have to just take it for what it is and the purpose it serves in developing the story. Trouble is...waiting around for ep 21. I think it was a decent transition episode. It's interesting to see Raki getting friendly with the other camp, clueless as usual. You can't help but think this development with him and Priscilla will have a bearing on the outcome. I haven't read the manga; but in general I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to diverge from the source. Unless they totally screw it up, of course... This episode was one of those 'calm before the storm' downtime, setup ep's. Looking forward to seeing where they take it from here.
Aug 17, 2007 8:23 PM

Jul 2007
Episode was alright though they changed more then I would of liked. The one thing I really wanted to see animated was cut so I'm disappointed to say the least (god I really wanted to see Flora and Claire go at it, that would of been awesome). I really do hope since they're making an original ending (and anyone who's read the manga to current can certainly tell they are, it's really obvious) that they'll do it some justice and make it a good one.
Aug 18, 2007 1:42 AM

Apr 2007
get to know undine, deneve and abit about flora. as i don't read mangas, i can't tell the difference in terms of storyline but i think clare's fight with flora would have been predictable if they were to fight, i'm pretty sure it would be two swords flashing at each other =.=. so i think they made a good decision by changing it to suit the whole episode's mood about claymore's bond. can't wait for the new arc to begin, and frankly i don't think most of the claymores would make it out alive this time unless they receive reinforcements =X
Aug 18, 2007 6:23 AM

Oct 2006
YourMessageHere said:
And what exactly did I spoil? o.o

Faust721 said:
The ending of the anime will be an orignal one so i guess this is where it starts to really diverge from the manga. With that said, i thought this episode as alright. It was nice to see the bonds between the Claymores but it was boring with no action. Hopefully they take this anime to a good direction.
you mean they will rewrite the "ending"...? I didn't know that... and does that mean there won't be a sequel?
Aug 18, 2007 9:09 AM

Oct 2006
That's what I've been hearing, though I haven't read the manga yet to know what the original ending was. Another season would be really nice though...

Anyway, even though it was ridiculously obvious who he was ever since he appeared in the show, I quite liked Easley
Aug 18, 2007 6:23 PM

Jul 2007
Some of the comments are interesting. Seems a lot of people are disappointed by the absence of Claire and Flora going at it. I guess showing them coming to that point in the show and then having it diffused the way it was... it was like an animated underscore that the anime was going in a different direction.

and yeah... Easley is an interesting character to be sure...
Aug 19, 2007 1:45 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Heh, didn't expect this. Towards the end of the ep I started thinking that the guy who travels with Priscilla could be Easley and a few seconds later he said it himself ^^.

I liked the episode, it was good to see the different personalities of beings you thought had none apart from being warriors. Can't wait for more.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Aug 19, 2007 2:22 AM

Aug 2007
Kayrhandros said:
YourMessageHere said:

"Raki is now learning swordsmanship from and Ex-number 1 Claymore"

While I was assuming he was Easley, I have no clue about his history, or rather, I didn't. Unless I missed something =P
Aug 19, 2007 4:48 AM

Oct 2006
YourMessageHere said:
Kayrhandros said:
YourMessageHere said:

"Raki is now learning swordsmanship from and Ex-number 1 Claymore"

While I was assuming he was Easley, I have no clue about his history, or rather, I didn't. Unless I missed something =P
Yep, you did miss something. In the The Witch's Maw Arc, Galatea states that in the past 3 number one claymores awakened. 1 in the age of men 2 in the age of women. And they became the Dwellers of the Deep. Riful later gives up the identity of the male one - Easley of the North Lands of Alphonse. And she also said he had "conquered" the allegiance of Priscilla. So his identity was easy to guess. But he also revealed it in this episode.
Thus, I didn't spoil anything :)
Aug 19, 2007 9:11 AM

Oct 2006
I thought there were 2 men and 1 woman. Maybe I'm just imagining things...
Aug 19, 2007 9:18 AM

Oct 2006
Nope. 1 men, 2 women. It's on episode 16.
Aug 19, 2007 11:38 PM

May 2007
Kayrhandros said:
Nope. 1 men, 2 women. It's on episode 16.

You are correct.

I am also disappointed with the differences seen in this episode from the manga, but hopefully the story will remain good. If I don't like how this series end, I can always wait for the manga to pick up again... whenever that is. Man, I wanted to see all that stuff in the manga animated. Well, I can always visualize it as I read.
Aug 20, 2007 12:05 AM

Apr 2007
I got a bad feeling about that original ending, but I'll just suck it up and give it a chance. Now I think about it, it's not that surprising. Either they'd have to wait for ages for the manga to get ahead, or resort.. to.. fillers... *dies*

I forgot Clare and Flora were supposed to go at it, and didn't miss it at all. Like MasterChief said, it would've just been two swords flashing at each other anyway <_<

Good transition episode, can't wait for hell to burst out.
Aug 20, 2007 8:33 AM

Jul 2007
more than being disappointed by this episode, I got impatient for the next one. they did a mint job on the build up of the war in the north ^_^
Aug 20, 2007 3:51 PM

Mar 2007
Pity there might only be 6 more eps till the end of the show, considering that it's supposed to have an original ending, if the manga were to continue it would be interesting to see how they make the ends meet. From what Easly said, 27 Awakened vs 24 Claymores, sounds like pure ownage to me

Dibs on Ishida!
Aug 20, 2007 9:37 PM

Feb 2007
it was a nice ep.

So they are going to have an original ending? hmmmm.. oh no. I need to read the manga, hahah.

I really think they should go on for a second season... hmm..

then again, no one wants another hellsing >_>
Aug 21, 2007 11:03 AM

Oct 2006
selective_yellow said:
it was a nice ep.

So they are going to have an original ending? hmmmm.. oh no. I need to read the manga, hahah.

I really think they should go on for a second season... hmm..

then again, no one wants another hellsing >_>
I certainly don't want another Berserk
Oct 5, 2008 1:28 PM

Aug 2008
haven't read the manga at all yet, and maybe thats a good thing. It was nice getting a short break w/ all the gruesome death and pwnage thats been served so much throughout the series lately. It would get boring if it was just a bunch of stoic, emotionless chicks w/ no personality hacking things to death.

I feel like I'm really being set up for the next ep. 27 Awakened v 24 (mostly healthy) Claymore? After Clare saving Jeane, I won't put anything past them, but this looks like mass murder to me :-(
Nov 22, 2009 3:30 PM

Jun 2009
This should be interesting and, please, stop comparing the anime and manga.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 8, 2010 12:20 PM

Feb 2010
meh. bring on the battle! I usually much prefer backstory and character development even more than action... but not in this case.
Apr 18, 2010 10:21 PM

Jul 2008
well looks like they get supplied pretty quickly, for all the good it will do them. priscilla is getting closer to where clare is, so is isley, the dweller of the deep of the north
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
May 4, 2010 11:00 AM

Dec 2009
Priscilla is one of biggest bitches I've ever seen...
May 14, 2010 4:04 PM

Dec 2009
Awww, group hug.

Should be interesting how this ends it could be a great battle.
Such junk...
May 31, 2010 10:08 PM
May 2010
Lots of people are saying
"AGH! NO WINDCUTTER VS FLASHSWORD!!! ARGH!!!"
But..
Yea okay I kinda would have liked to see that too, but you can't have ALL ACTION ALL THE TIME.
It'd be like putting something that's on steroids...on a higher DOSE of steroids.

This was probably an episode intended to MAKE you want more.
If you think this episode was "boring" that just means it worked. :3
Sep 7, 2010 6:37 AM

Jul 2010
Good episode.
Oct 11, 2010 3:39 AM

Oct 2008
Meh.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Oct 11, 2010 9:51 AM
Apr 2010
hmm..do you people actually go back and check the manga chapters to see what was kept or not?... o.O
Oct 21, 2010 4:15 PM

Dec 2008
Priscilla, get your hands off Raki...he's Clare's man!!
I should have known Undine was nothing but a loud mouthed whiny frail bitch!! I hate her even more now!!
Dec 13, 2010 1:00 AM

Jun 2009
They didn't show the duel of Flora and Clare... dang
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jan 27, 2011 6:37 AM

Dec 2010
Average episode and Undine is a fake
Mar 24, 2011 12:07 PM

Jul 2009
Considering that Undine's the only one with something that looks like a little more muscle than every other claymore, there was bound to be something special about her.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Aug 15, 2011 4:11 AM

Jun 2011
Undine actually looks nice in her normal form.
Sep 29, 2011 3:49 PM

Jul 2010
Krelian said:
I thought there were 2 men and 1 woman. Maybe I'm just imagining things...

no 1 man, 2 women, the age of male claymores was too short for another male claymores.

well time for this invasion arc to start

Mar 1, 2012 6:02 PM

Jul 2011
Regaldo Looks Interesting!! o.o

Hell.. The Northern Campaign r awesome!!!
May 5, 2012 2:11 AM

Sep 2011
Let the war begin!
Jul 27, 2012 4:07 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The calm before the storm chapter. I like it.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 26, 2012 12:37 PM

Nov 2011
Well, the Claymores are pretty much screwed! D=

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Oct 6, 2012 4:03 PM

Jan 2012
Looks like shit is going down on a huge scale. Started to like Undine after this episode too lol.

Oct 24, 2012 6:58 PM

Dec 2010
Kayrhandros said:

What?! no Windcutter VS Flashsword?! fail~ ! .....

This is so true, lol, my thoughts exactly -.-

Kayrhandros said:
And Raki is now learning swordsmanship from and Ex-number 1 Claymore. Good news... well.. good news 'till Priscilla or him get hungry :P

This made the episode for me. The Ex-number 1 is so frikkin cool!
Mar 3, 2013 4:08 PM

Jan 2013
I didn't intend to comment, but some of you (well when it was released, so first comments) how could you miss such information with 1 men, 2 woman, and that Easley "conquered" the allegiance of Priscilla making it the most obvious thing that then the guy teaching Raki was Easley as he had Priscilla with him.
Also can't wait to see the last few episodes it should be awesome!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Claymore Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayrhandros - Jul 31, 2007

86 by TigersAndDragons »»
May 4, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kayrhandros - Sep 26, 2007

415 by Cynex_ »»
Apr 29, 9:17 AM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Sep 12, 2007

91 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 23, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayrhandros - Aug 21, 2007

79 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 23, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Baman - Aug 8, 2007

92 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 21, 12:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.