Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Dec 23, 2011 6:25 PM

Nov 2010
I don't really know what do say besides the fact that this was one of the greatest animes I've ever watched.. it was just so beautiful and it was such a deep and meaningful show. I guess in the end, fate wins.

you can only get these animes once in a long time, that's for sure :0

20/10
Dec 23, 2011 7:10 PM

Nov 2011
That was a show for the ride, and not for the Destination of Fate. The ending should only just not be a troll. Impossible to meet expecations risen that high.

That said, I liked to know what the Penguindrum was, the shoutback to the "apple-talking" kids on epi 1 (that was obvious important even just then xD) and the men sacrificing themselves for the women (THE WAY IT MUST BE xD)

So to me it was the ending it should have. Not the best one. Not the worst one. Just the Mawaru Penguindrum's one. Just like the feeling you got after overthinking why something happened in your life... It just was supposed to be that way and that's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Just Fate.
Dec 23, 2011 7:39 PM

Jun 2009
Oh wow, they really sacrificed themselves. I never ever really seen that coming.

WHAT A TWEEST!
Dec 23, 2011 7:49 PM

Oct 2010
VioLink said:
-I did not write this-
-somebody on reddit
Quite the feast in reading. Really nailed down one aspect of the show in general. There many of them. This one is the one way staright way logic. The show showing what it was meant to show out.

I guess deducting from this, there is not enough love that is shared. Much of it is impure and corrupted like Shouma's father mentions. However Shouma's father never found the PenguinDrum for if he did perhaps another way would have opened.

Instead he was already cursed out by Sanetoshi to do what he wanted. Sadly Momoka arrived too late for that one. Despite that still think that she is the Goddess in thee end. Her being part of Ringo's family is as easy as having a baby being chosen as a vessel so that the Goddess can materialize into the world.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 23, 2011 7:54 PM

Jan 2011
It was a beautiful ending but so much sadder than I'd feared it would be. I wanted at least one of the brothers to survive.

The reality reset aspect of Penguindrum invites comparisons with Madoka but contrary to some comments, I think there were more differences than similarities. In some ways I think Sho and Kan had it easier.
That being said, both of them willingly sacrificed themselves to save Himari and Ringo and create a better reality.

The scene where Himari finds the note from Sho and Kan, really reminded me of a similar scene with a photograph at the end of Green Green, which also had themes of love, sacrifice, and the negation of memory. It's not at the same level as Madoka or Penguindrum but it still tears at your heart.

Last Christmas I marathoned Clannad/Clannad AS, this year it was Penguindrum, I have to start finding happier holiday traditions...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Dec 23, 2011 8:00 PM
Jul 2011
Things like this anime are why words like "Masterpiece" were conceived.

As a side note: I realized at the end that I would have to do some apple mathematics. Good thing someone put that chart up there...
Dec 23, 2011 9:09 PM

Jul 2009
I'm not quite sure 7/10 i guess,
Dec 23, 2011 10:50 PM

Oct 2010
What a beautiful ending, that was THE definition of bittersweet.
Im so glad i got to experience this wonderful show goodbye takakura family i'll miss you dearly. T__T
Dec 23, 2011 10:56 PM

Oct 2011
kawaii-nekochi said:

I'm looking foward for an OVA but after watching the Final Ep. I'm not sure if they are gonna make one but I hope they will...

I wondered the same thing. I hope for either a monologue from Momoka to explain things or an alternate ending.

8163264128 said:
Ok, after rewatching the last 3 episodes a few times I think the anime ends up leaving me with even more mixed feelings. I liked it, but going through those episodes again didn't make me like it more... because I noticed even more flaws.

1. The reveal of the PenguinDrum was pretty halfassed. The apple represented love and kindness, but that makes little sense chronologically: Kanba always had two loving siblings and if it was after they were separated Shouma already had Himari as an adopted sister. Why was Kanba's kindness so relevant? How did Momoka know about it? The fact that Kanba has an apple in his cage but Shouma doesn't have one makes very little "sense", even in-universe.

2. Momoka and Sanetoshi remained glorified plot devices with really inane motivations. How did he gain magical powers? Why was Momoka, a completely normal girl, granted a fate altering spell?

3. If "LET US SHARE THE FRUIT OF FATE" was enough to change fate, what was the point of the diary?

4. Yuri and Tabuki's actions in the first 18 episodes are absurd in retrospective. What were they trying to do, anyway?

5. Masako's manipulation of Kanba's ex-girlfriends was pointless and served no real purpose in the story.

6.What was the source of PingGroup's seemingly limitless resources?

^THIS.

Yeah there were loose ends in my opinion. I also was left wondering about why Mario was left out for the most part. I have other questions too. I want answers, but I'll doubt I'll get them.

Dec 23, 2011 11:39 PM

Nov 2010
It was really good. tho i might have to rewatch it someday because im still confused about a few things.
9/10
Dec 24, 2011 2:07 AM

Jan 2011
I respect this show for what it is but for a simple minded Dude like me I still didn't have any clue what was going on and even though this was a final i could had done with this being one episode less,did find it sad that both their memories were *kinda* Erased
Dec 24, 2011 2:55 AM

May 2011
maarsaalis said:
have hoped for more original ending, 6/10.

This.

MajorMajorMajor said:
Things like this anime are why words like "Masterpiece" were conceived.

lolno
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Dec 24, 2011 3:46 AM

Jul 2008
MielxFoxie said:
kawaii-nekochi said:

I'm looking foward for an OVA but after watching the Final Ep. I'm not sure if they are gonna make one but I hope they will...

I wondered the same thing. I hope for either a monologue from Momoka to explain things or an alternate ending.

8163264128 said:
Ok, after rewatching the last 3 episodes a few times I think the anime ends up leaving me with even more mixed feelings. I liked it, but going through those episodes again didn't make me like it more... because I noticed even more flaws.

1. The reveal of the PenguinDrum was pretty halfassed. The apple represented love and kindness, but that makes little sense chronologically: Kanba always had two loving siblings and if it was after they were separated Shouma already had Himari as an adopted sister. Why was Kanba's kindness so relevant? How did Momoka know about it? The fact that Kanba has an apple in his cage but Shouma doesn't have one makes very little "sense", even in-universe.

2. Momoka and Sanetoshi remained glorified plot devices with really inane motivations. How did he gain magical powers? Why was Momoka, a completely normal girl, granted a fate altering spell?

3. If "LET US SHARE THE FRUIT OF FATE" was enough to change fate, what was the point of the diary?

4. Yuri and Tabuki's actions in the first 18 episodes are absurd in retrospective. What were they trying to do, anyway?

5. Masako's manipulation of Kanba's ex-girlfriends was pointless and served no real purpose in the story.

6.What was the source of PingGroup's seemingly limitless resources?

^THIS.

Yeah there were loose ends in my opinion. I also was left wondering about why Mario was left out for the most part. I have other questions too. I want answers, but I'll doubt I'll get them.

Yep. I really did enjoy this show, but there are just too many loose ends for me.
Dec 24, 2011 5:26 AM

Jun 2011
8163264128 said:

As it was stated in the previous episode, the spell was hidden in the diary, thus why Sanetoshi wanted to burn the diary and the spell along with it.

That is not what I'm getting at. I know why supposedly Sanetoshi wanted the diary burned.

Rewatch the scene where Momoka confronts Sanetoshi in the train for the first time. She clearly flips through the pages of the diary in order to cast the spell.
Secondly, Momoka herself tells Yuki that she uses the diary to transfer fates.

But then in the last episode, Ringo only uses a single phrase to transfer fates.
What's the explanation for that? Momoka as so forgetful she had to read through the diary everytime to say a 5 words phrase?

I would say the reason Momoka had to flip through the pages to cast the spell was she was transfering the fate of everyone on the train and they each had their own special spell/phrase, so she had to say each and everyone of them which was why she did not make it in time and could not save them all only some. Ringo only had to transfer the fate of Himari so she only had to say Himari's special spell.
I also think the diary had a way of telling you the special phrase or the meaningful thing of the person for the spell to transfer their fate, which was also why Momoka had to flick through the diary and why it took her so long because she had to do everyones. Also Ringo figured out Himari's one on her own so the diary was not needed in the end.
Before Momoka did it on the train before she had always been transfering the fates of single people, the train was the only time she did such a mass transfer.

I will not go into the rest of your complaints i think you need to rewatch it and look a little deeper and try a bit harder, because the answers are there but the rest of us are not here to spell it out for you.
DragoonDeusDec 24, 2011 9:20 AM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Dec 24, 2011 6:08 AM

Mar 2008
8163264128 said:

Raven_Shinobi said:
As it was stated in the previous episode, the spell was hidden in the diary, thus why Sanetoshi wanted to burn the diary and the spell along with it.

That is not what I'm getting at. I know why supposedly Sanetoshi wanted the diary burned.

Rewatch the scene where Momoka confronts Sanetoshi in the train for the first time. She clearly flips through the pages of the diary in order to cast the spell.

But then in the last episode, Ringo only uses a single phrase to transfer fates.
What's the explanation for that? Momoka as so forgetful she had to read through the diary everytime to say a 5 words phrase?

I think the phrase varies depending on the person.
The key is to know the secret behind the magic. For Momoka was the diary, she made ​​the dairy special, but for her. For Ringo, was no use um just had the dairy, the essential thing was the knowledge behind the magic that was that.
That was half a declaration of love for Shouma. "Do you want to share the love with me?" Something like that.

The problem with this series is that it is very symbolical and metaphorical.
Where is vague is precisely because instead of having concrete facts have meanings. Ikuhara had some ideas to communicate to us.

The bulk of the series is the scene of kids passing by the house in Episode 1, and the scene of Sanetoshi talking about kissing and chasing and being chased with Himari in episode 20.

These two scenes are the whole idea behind the series and its significance.
The rest is just bonus that serves as a hint about what the series is, family and community.
All issues that revolve around the principal are complements. If at the end did not seem as great as we thought it would be, it is because the series is "only" that. Everything else is optional and helps you understand better

IMO
Dec 24, 2011 6:24 AM

Mar 2008
Many of the loose ends of the series, are about "concrete" facts.
Folks, this is a fiction, do not forget, it is necessary to make concessions.

Some things do not really have a real explanation, because there is no need to think of them in detail. Many of these have small scenic tips as answers during episodes. What was the Penguin Group and Kiga, two ecological environmental groups, each having his way to "save" the world. One exploding people, other embracing people.

The unlimited funds of the group ... needs to know this? Shady dealings, mafia.
It's like the Kamba causing explosions with his cell phone.
We know that he is giving orders to his men do that, but they need not appear, this series is theatrical.

Just letting you know that anyone who wants everything to be explained by A + B will be disappointed, as with any other anime.
In my opinion the best of the year, it offers all the others try to offer and managed to close its main theme satisfactorily and concise, even though a orange juice end. And furthermore, tried to talk much, quite satisfactory. There are no anime with art direction better than this.
Dec 24, 2011 6:37 AM

Mar 2008
rodac said:

Last Christmas I marathoned Clannad/Clannad AS, this year it was Penguindrum, I have to start finding happier holiday traditions...

Man, you're good.
Marry Christimas, despite the fact that here in "Hell of Janeiro" is fucking hot and I'm dripping with sweat.
Dec 24, 2011 8:48 AM
Jul 2018
8163264128 said:
Sorry but I don't get what you're getting at. That does not explain much about Sanetoshi, it just describes him. What you've stated was already stated in the show.
It's clearly stated in the series that Sanetoshi is a ghost. Of course he's not human. Still, he's a vainglorious plot device and not much of a character.

Of course I'd get my answers from the show itself, what other source did you expect me to use? I've heard that the novels are more informative, but I have yet to read them.

You wondered about how Sanetoshi acquired magical powers, and the hints scattered throughout the series indicated he might be either an immortal wizard or the embodiment of Satan or some evil entity. Since he could use magic and Kenzan and Chiemi couldn't, I assumed that he isn't a mere ghost like them. Of course, this is all based on a single viewing of the series; there might be more hidden hints that I've missed, or Ikuhara might come and spell it out for us in an interview or some data book.

It seemed that those 5 words was all that was needed to transfer fate. Momoka flipping through the diary might be just for show. Ringo had read through the entire diary but at first she couldn't recall anything that could be the spell, it wasn't until she remembered the name of Double-H's new single that she finally got it.

That's a convincing meta but unfortunately that's not what the show itself portrays them as.
It's strange that Tanuki was the Takakura's teacher for so long but didn't really attempt anything then suddenly BAM, goes nuts with bloodlust and wants revenge. Tabuki says a lot of things that contradict what he's doing in episode 18.
And did Yuri want to take revenge for Momoka or to bring her back? Both? It's not really clear, she's acting like a bipolar bitch anyway so that's possible. Eitehr way, the method she uses to go about all this makes little sense, although it does make more sense than in Tabuki's case (I mean, it's clear Yuri is one fucked up person, so you can excuse a lot of things with that).

All in all, their roles in the story are negligible and superficially treated.

Tabuki and Yuri were both children who didn't receive much love from their parents and gave up on life, and Momoka was the one who saved them from their fates and gave their lives meaning. What else did the show portray them as?

Also, we were never told for how many years Tabuki had been their teacher, he probably only began teaching them in the year that the story took place. As for Tabuki's outburst in Ep 18, remember his earlier talk with Ringo and him stating that he doesn't hate the Takakura siblings or think they should be punished for what their parents did. However, Yuri in Ep 4 met Shouma and learned that he was the son of the Takakura's, so she at one point up and decided to kill him and the others and make them pay for what happened to to Momoka. Tabuki probably didn't want her to commit murder, so he took it upon himself and kidnapped Himari to force Kanba into telling him his parents' whereabouts.

Tabuki didn't interest me like Yuri, but I thought he was necessary to represent a case of a child who ended up in the broiler and convey through him one of the show's messages.

Oh Nanami, one bland and unconvincing character. Bringing her up as an argument doesn't really work as Nanami has the same character depth as the dirt on my shoes.

The problem is, why didn't Masako act before? It's obvious Kanba dated those girls before episode 1 happened. So why does she act only when the PenguinDrum and the whole revival debacle is involved? The timing of these events make them appear important to the overall story, yet they're not. But, if they're just for character development (to show us how jealous Masako is, as you say) than why are they given so much importance? We already find out about her feelings later in the show, in a much more convincing setting.

I thought Nanami was an interesting case, but to each their own. We were never told whether Masako also did what she did with the other girls that Kanba dated in the past, but I'd assume that she also wiped their memories to get them away from Kanba. It was only in Ep 5 that Kanba found the bullet and began tracing it back to its owner.
removed-userDec 24, 2011 10:54 AM
Dec 24, 2011 10:24 AM

Jan 2011
The ending had me in tears :( I love it ughhhh
Dec 24, 2011 10:29 AM

Jul 2010
9/10 here, didnt understand much of what happened but I felt the same way while watching Utena's finale. Overall, it was amazing. Too many WTF moments.

Mawaru Penguindrum Adolescence Apocalypse is next. I guess Ringo will be the one turning into the car. HAHA
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Dec 24, 2011 11:13 AM

Jan 2010
I liked its first episodes but it failed to mantain my interest after that. Average in every aspect, gets a 6/10 from me.

Dec 24, 2011 11:29 AM
Nov 2008
10/10 - but this is based mainly on how much I enjoyed it, because, as much as I loved it, it does have its flaws. Whether or not it always made complete sense week after week, it did make one think long after the end of each episode. I personally enjoy that quality in all mediums, especially if they raise questions worth thinking about. Also, despite some quality drops, the visuals were fantastic and often hilarious (Shoma's reaction faces) and the music, especially that background music (episode 20, the music just made that scene magical), was excellent.

I do agree that this final episode does not cover all the apparent loose ends in the series, it does however bring the story to a conclusion and brings the circle to a close. What I mean by this is, like most works of surrealist/absurdist literature, it doesn't explain all its symbolism and plot points in a nice easy to understand fashion. They are left open to interpretation and thought as well as to allow for a more natural telling of the story, devoid of too much exposition. Ikuhara also places key explanations throughout the entire series, even when, upon first watching, you don't notice them. After re-watching ALL the episodes, its easier to understand the contents of the final 5 and the series as a whole due to the fact that each additional episode built upon what was presented in the first episode through additional layers of detail. The significance of each different scene is altered as well, especially all of the interactions between the siblings. One could even say the end was the beginning as the overall theme is revealed and the significance to the apple motif is finally explained.
Dec 24, 2011 12:42 PM

Nov 2009
wow. that ended quite wonderfully for what i was expecting. it was such an ikuhara moment with the boys walking by the house at the end and the girls being none the wiser. i thought it was a really beautiful end to a tragic series.

i loved the music, visuals, metaphors and every single character. i give the series a 9.5/10. i definitely think of it as the best anime of 2011. i want to rewatch the entire series. with an anime as difficult to understand as this one was, it was quite trying to piece the scenes and meanings together on a weekly basis. i do agree that there were a few concrete scenes that made this show what it was. i want to go back and see them for myself.

but anyway, round of applause. well done.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 24, 2011 1:05 PM

Nov 2008
It was good, but something kept stopping me from giving it any higher than an 8, which I think its what it deserves. It had something missing, just have no clue what that is. Overall, an enjoyable anime.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Dec 24, 2011 2:44 PM
Jan 2011
Too bad it didn't ended like we all expected.
Dec 24, 2011 3:49 PM
Jul 2009
zansabarshadow said:
Mawaru Penguindrum Adolescence Apocalypse is next. I guess Ringo will be the one turning into the car. HAHA

I'm ok with this ^___^
Dec 24, 2011 4:30 PM

Jun 2011
what a end
what a anime
masterpiece
super unpredictable
i loved this anime
Dec 24, 2011 4:33 PM

Dec 2008
Me wants Mawaru Penguin Drum The Movie.

Btw the cover for Blu-ray Vol.4 is out!

Dec 24, 2011 6:13 PM

Jun 2008
Uh... I dunno about this ending. I was almost in tears but I couldn't cry nor any tear could drop because I was more confuse than feeling anything for the characteres. What was the point of Kanba's and Sho's death? Are you telling me it is their fate to die? -.-

I'll give this series a 9/10 because it was a really good ride from start to end, and it was well written. The ending was a good closure and felt right how it ended, even though I was confuse in the middle of its last episode. Though, I am pretty sure that I will understand it more after I have sort out my thoughts.
MimikoDec 24, 2011 6:25 PM
Dec 24, 2011 7:44 PM

Apr 2010
Beautiful ending. This anime has so many plot twists, unexpected turns, symbolism, and it was really well written. Job well done, Ikukara-san. Really Fantastic job.
Honestly speaking, when I first started watching, I thought this would only be some randomly bizarre penguin-filled thing that might not have too much going for it.
But I was spectacularly proved wrong. And I'm so glad I was.

"Listen, you lowlifes that will never amount to anything." Stop everything you do now and watch this your utmost attention, because this anime deserves it.

"I love the word Fate." I have gotten a bit of a liking for the word "Fate" as well.

"How electrifling." It truly was electrifying.

"Oh my. I must crush them soon." With everything you have to offer, I'm sure
that you will crush other anime as one of the best anime of this year.

"This must be our punishment." It might've been, to have something like this to end.

"Fabulous Max!"

Rand0mless's PokePet

Kuro the level 76 Umbreon!
Dec 24, 2011 11:31 PM

Aug 2009
I can't even express how I felt about the ending without it coming out as word vomit, definitely anime of the season, maybe even YEAR.

10/10.

Now I kind of want to go and re-watch Utena..
Dec 24, 2011 11:34 PM
Oct 2009
love the show, the story, and the ride, even love the ending but didnt understand a god damn thing... still a 10/10
Dec 24, 2011 11:55 PM

May 2011
Mawaru penguindrum was def an intresting series and very abstract when it came to all the telling the story but still I think it was done pretty well. I give it a 8/10, also the theme songs weren't that bad either.

On a side note, for the last scene where sho and kanba passed by the house as kids... idk if anyone caught on to that but there is an episode where something like that happened before in an earlier episode.
Dec 25, 2011 2:13 AM
Dec 2011
I don't mind that everything wasn't explained [besides, I had a feeling it would turn out that way], theories are fun ♥. However, I wish the connection between humans and penguins could be more clear. Great anime [though not perfect], the best of 2011 for me. 9/10.
NostalgiaGeekDec 25, 2011 2:17 AM
Dec 25, 2011 7:40 AM

Dec 2008
@Minmei -- I guess it has to do with things like identity, the concept of family / invisibility in the crowd, etc. since penguins live in groups, all in all a nice blend imo :D

@Rand0mless -- also "Dayone!", that Sanetoshi says from time to time, something like "I know right!" :pp
Dec 25, 2011 9:42 AM

Jun 2011
Still sad that Himari and Ringo dont remember Shouma and Kanba
Dec 25, 2011 12:14 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
It's kinda ambiguous whether Kan and Shou are switched out with the two boys in episode 1 or are their existence now the same as that of Momoka and co (i.e. ghosts).

The fact that they are still with the penguins *may* signify that they became supernatural entities....

All in all, a solid 9/10 for symbolism and emotional portrayal of the characters. The abstraction of the concepts is a bit fizzy but did work in favor of the series imo.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 25, 2011 2:26 PM

Feb 2009
I just can't relate to this ending, or to the series as a whole =/
Dec 25, 2011 3:30 PM

Aug 2009
it's been two hours of watching and I am here still trembling. I am glad I watch this series again after holding nearly drop it for a while.
Dec 25, 2011 4:02 PM

Jul 2010
I'm so happy it got a bitter-sweet ending, I haven't cried while watching anime for a long time, but when Himari opened that note, the tears would not stop ;__;,

overall 9/10
Dec 25, 2011 4:09 PM

Aug 2011
wakka9ca said:
It's kinda ambiguous whether Kan and Shou are switched out with the two boys in episode 1 or are their existence now the same as that of Momoka and co (i.e. ghosts).

The fact that they are still with the penguins *may* signify that they became supernatural entities....

I'm wondering the same
Dec 25, 2011 5:24 PM

Sep 2009
It's not a bad ending, there's no argument there.

Further down the series it seems the symbolism and enigmas were spiraling out of hand thus leading to Episode 24; the vortex of confusion.

Don't get me wrong, I know what happened. There's just too many loose ends for me to completely wrap my mind around it. The whole concept of "Fate Transfer" is still very iffy, who exactly is Momoka, are their more then one "spell" since I don't see how anyone besides Momoka would have acknowledge of it.

Biggest question is who or what is Kanba and Shouma in relation to the penguins?

I'm probably expecting too many answers for this type of genre but it was still well done and tons remain to be examined and dissected.

8/10 for the Last Episode.
Dec 25, 2011 5:29 PM

Jan 2011
I hope it gets a movie remake like Utena~ It would be fabulous max!

Also, so many Ginga Tetsudou no Yoru references on this episode! Seems like, at the end, Shouma is supposed to be the scorpion.
Dec 25, 2011 5:46 PM

Jan 2009
9/10 for the series.

It's not Steins;Gate, but it was a fun ride! Both of my ships came to fruition, and it would have gotten a 10 had it stayed that way XD I also wish things could have been more clearly explained (someone on another site said there should be an OVA with Momoka explaining every thing XD), but I'm not completely against fan theories and personal beliefs.

I'm already re-watching it, so maybe it's one of those shows where you have to watch it a few times to really get it.

And I actually have to thank Yumekichi for - unknowingly - getting me into this show. I saw one of his Himari .gifs and loved her design, and started watching the show. So THANKS, Yumekichi!
LadyOrihimeDec 25, 2011 5:49 PM
Dec 25, 2011 6:07 PM

May 2009
wha is this i dont even... meh, dont really care since i stopped getting what the hell this was about since ep 10 so who cares ~w~
Dec 25, 2011 9:59 PM

Jun 2008
The ending is somewhat cheesy, but abstract enough to make you wonder. I guess most of the loose ends have been tied up, but there are still some things I don't understand.

For one, what’s with those boxes that Kanba and Shouma were in? Was that real, or was that metaphorical? Why were they in those boxes in the first place?

If the boxes were metaphorical, I assume they symbolize that they’re unwanted children (like the kids in Child Broiler). I’d understand about Kanba, since his dad said something about choosing him, but what about Shouma? Kenzan seemed pretty nice to Shouma, he was happy about Shouma’s birth and all, so I don’t think Shouma’s unwanted/unloved?

Secondly, in the after transfer world, if Himari never got sick, wouldn’t she auditioned with Hikari and Hibari as Triple H? Yet there was Double H in that world and Himari’s not a singer as far as I can tell.

I’m still not clear on how Sanetoshi fits in the events of this episode. Did that fate transfer erase his existence/sent him back to his imagine world? Was that why Momoka was saying he lost? Back in 95 Momoka tried to stop him and the spell was half-cast I think, so did Shouma and Kanba complete the spell?
Dec 25, 2011 10:23 PM

Oct 2010
;_____; i´m so sad, i really loved this anime, is one of my favs already...
Dec 26, 2011 12:26 PM
May 2011
Why is it over!?
It's not supposed to be over yet...

Cool ending, to be honest.
Guessed Kanba woulda die, but shouma...? Oh well. This works out fine, too.

What should I do now, without my weekly dose of penguins?

Also, I laugh at people thinking the ending was stolen from Madoka. It's like saying Steins;Gate's time travelling was stolen from Madoka as well.
Dec 26, 2011 3:03 PM

Dec 2008
Bird_Eater said:
What should I do now, without my weekly dose of penguins?

They still haven't released the whole OST, the CD drama and any upcoming interviews with Ikuhara-san, so I'm looking forward to these things. :P
Dec 26, 2011 7:25 PM

Jun 2011
Ending= Penguindrum mystery solved. Exceeded my expectations. It was freakin' beautiful.

The title "Aishiteru" is a really fitting ep title for the episode. Brothers who were ready to sacrifice for the ones they love, Shouma for Ringo and Kanba for Himari.

the episode totally engulfed me with mixed emotions, but in the end...
(^∧^)← it made me SAD yet HAPPY at the same time.

The impact that this anime gave me will never be forgotten. 10/10
"Them who looks blind at ANIME, looks blind at SALVATION."
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

RainbowMagnet - Oct 13, 2011

218 by jumbosan »»
Apr 13, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 1, 2011

217 by jumbosan »»
Apr 13, 6:58 AM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Blackbird - Jul 14, 2011

176 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jul 7, 2011

351 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 15, 2011

168 by FarCritical »»
Mar 27, 10:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.