Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Nov 9, 2015 2:44 AM

Nov 2011
Really liked how they handled the final ep, nice retelling from Yozora's POV, she also looks great with short hair.

As for the show, it felt a bit too ordinary aside from the main premise, the club activities they kept doing are quite common in most anime so nothing new there, the comedy was also decent but no great, all in all just lacks the creativity to set it apart from other shows. 6

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 22, 2016 11:22 PM

Jul 2013
notsomacho said:
No conclusion, huh?

That's what shows like this usually do. The main character never ends up with anyone so that you can keep dreaming about your favorite winning.
Apr 20, 2016 7:39 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
this show would be better if ti focused more on Sena and Yozora. The other characters (well Rika is a lot of fun) are neither funny nor add anything to the story. The loli nun is plain ridiculous and besides the point.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 20, 2016 8:23 AM

Jun 2010
Not sure what I was expecting when he learned about Sora, kinda frustrating Yozora just brushed it off trying to keep composure I guess but felt forced. I like both Sena and Yozora (Yukimura as well but she'll never be the focus unfortunately). I probably prefer Sena as she actually seems more genuine and even better character development. Yozora just seems like she'll be emotionally conflicted at all times but never do anything plus her bitch mode is always running. Wonder how the upcoming seasons will change her character.
Oct 3, 2016 12:10 PM

Jan 2016
Very, very nice ending. I can't believe that Yozora was Sora the whole time....had he been able to hear her name in his memory, I might have made the connection. This episode gave me the shivers at a lot of points. It was nice for an erotic, feel-good, slice-of-life comedy to have a deeper meaning like this. So, it might be a show for a very particular taste, but it certainly satisfied a whole bunch of my emotions at once. I love their eccentric personalities, and the feel-good feeling the anime gives to alleviate the weight of my problems.
As a slice of life anime, 8.5/10.
Weighted against all anime, 6.5/10.

Kudos, I'm looking forward to watching Next!
Oct 6, 2016 10:13 PM

Sep 2013
Really enjoyed this show! I added Kobato to my list of top 10 favorite characters!

~~~ Ku Ku Ku ~~~

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Oct 12, 2016 12:22 PM

Feb 2016
I went into this with no expectations. I was really surprised by the first episode and liked it a lot but when the other characters got introduced everything went down into shit... Disappointed. :/
Should have stayed with the trio only.. (although I don't mind Kobato that much)
I will watch the next season but I don't expect anything to get redeemed.
Dec 27, 2016 2:44 PM
Jun 2016
did the sound effect in the op make anyone else uncomfortable? lol, overall a decent series, 6/10 for me, idk
Mar 5, 2018 11:20 AM

May 2016
I'm glad I gave this show another chance after dropping it for a year, I think I watched too many good shows last year and my scales went a lot up at that time.

Not bad ending I would say but they could have done it better, the problem was the setting everything happened at the school they should have added more scenarios.

I would give this show 6/10 not bad I would say but not really my taste either.
Mar 5, 2018 11:23 AM

May 2016
Kuruwin said:
notsomacho said:
No conclusion, huh?

That's what shows like this usually do. The main character never ends up with anyone so that you can keep dreaming about your favorite winning.
What do you expect it's a Light novel those need like 50 episodes just to reach the finale and the LN takes up more than 20 volumes to end, and guess what if the anime works out in the selling section you will eventually get a new one, but I think this show won't ever get a third one.
Mar 7, 2018 9:09 PM
Dec 2017
You know, I just don't care for many of the characters in this show. Especially the two main heroines. Yozora is too stiff and mean, Sena is kinda dumb. That being said, I still found the show somewhat entertaining. Plus Imma fan of harem anime, ecchi and fan service. Put those all together and probably going to watch. I give it a 6/10. I wonder if Next season will be better?
Apr 6, 2018 1:40 PM
May 2017
The drama in this episode was stupid.
Sep 6, 2018 1:02 AM
Jan 2015
6/10

it will be 7 if not for that glass girl
I seriously can't stand her
Nov 27, 2018 10:54 PM
Jul 2017
Just hope Yozora changes her attitude around Sena. We need more from Yukimura. About why he is really a she. Yukimura's a he-she. Yozora shortened her hair because she was a tomboy when she and Kodaka knew each other since childhood.
Jul 8, 2019 9:40 AM

Jan 2014
Re watched this after several years(can't remember how many years ago), remember thinking it was a great fun entertaining show and rated it 8/10 back when i first watched it.

But now not so much, Yozora just annoys me now, she is basically an asshole for the most part, having fun teasing and making fun of others, but once something happens to her she runs away all butthurt not to be seen for several days. Kodaka is basically your typical straight male lead with no dick or sexual urges(could easily be mistaken as gay since he seemed more attracted to Yozora when she cosplayed as a male in this final ep), overall just a boring character.
Sena is best girl by a mile and then some, no doubt the saving character for this show!
Jan 21, 2020 4:05 PM

Oct 2019
Another harem I actually ended up liking, what do you know...7/10. Am I getting used to this genre or are some of its shows just better than what I thought?
Apr 6, 2020 10:45 PM
Dec 2018
I really enjoyed the show, i watched it because of the character design.. i like both yozora and sena.. yozora is kinda the adult one and sena is just amazing, i'm not hating on this but sena's personality is so good that it doesn't need R+ fan services and it got a big chance to develop.. i'm just saying that the characters are realistic (without the fan services) specially sena and yozora
#kyoanistrong
Jul 3, 2020 8:25 AM

Jun 2020
agree that i would actually LOVE haganai if the focus is actually on the main girls✿

6/10 forced myself to watch some episodes and absolutely didn't enjoy the loli characters nor the annoying pervert, yukimura was interesting but had zero to little development, really love the main girls with MC hope season 2 will be much better!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jul 18, 2020 1:54 PM

Aug 2014
The "drama" in this episode is brain-dead. The writers want me to feel sympathy for Kodaka and Yozora's "lost relationship" but I literally do not care.

You want me to lament the fact that it took Kodaka twelve episodes to remember a friendship he had with Yozora ten years ago? You want me to feel sorry for Yozora because she was too stubborn to tell Kodaka that she was his lost friend?

Get over yourself. Be happy that you two even re-connected in the first place.

Anyways.

I'm gonna try and keep this brief. This show was a waste of my time. I found myself somewhat invested after the first four or so episodes. As soon as the side cast was introduced, my investment heavily dwindled and eventually fizzled into nothing. None of the characters are developed enough for me to care, causing them to come across more as exceedingly annoying.

Kodaka has the personality of an unseasoned block of mozzarella cheese. You see the cheese and become excited at the prospect of a savory and juicy bite, but the moment you take that bite you find yourself extremely disappointed as you chew on the flavorless chunk, leaving you heavily unsatisfied.

Yozora was intolerable. Her constant bullying toward Sena was never once funny, and her sickening attitude drastically reduced my enjoyment of the show.

Sena and Kobato were the only characters I enjoyed. Both of them had at least one aspect that made them somewhat interesting.

The stories and settings were about as bog-standard as you can get from a harem anime. Boring, boring, boring, one after the other.

The show isn't even worth watching for the fan-service. The most egregious nudity came from the loli characters, which is just disturbing.

4/10. May or may not watch season two later on, but certainly not right now.

Jul 27, 2020 10:25 PM

Sep 2018
Pretty hilarious show, haven't really seen a show where the characters abuse each other this frequently lol. They're a bunch of dense idiots, but it's good fun regardless. The maid and the scientist were pretty lame though. 9/10
Aug 23, 2020 12:40 PM
Jul 2020
score for episode 12 2/10
Nov 26, 2020 4:15 AM

Dec 2012
Good finale! 9/10

Apr 8, 2021 11:48 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Forgot to mention how I liked the effort they put in for all those t-shirts they made at the beginning each episode. Don’t exactly know how many frames exactly those were but you can tell that’s quite a lot of t-shirts

So it comes full circle and harkens back to the first episode where we get a different viewpoint. Gives the whole series more finality, and just makes it feel better instead of ending off with random events for the last episode. If they stopped airing here I think it would be just satisfactory enough without it feeling awkward. Thankfully this aired like a decade ago and there’s another season just waiting! Hopefully that one can end just as nicely...

I still don’t mind yozora as much as most, I still don’t see her as any less than sena despite these posts clearly not exactly liking yozora and favouring sena much more instead. Idk, maybe I just like the whole childhood friend aspect. I agree sena is the better girl, albeit just a bit too tsundere for my taste, but I really don’t mind either one. Although the clear winner popularity-wise is sena when you just simply look at the favourites alone; she has like 3 times as many. But really I like both, and I like this show as a whole. I’ll just say it again, cut out those two fucking lolis and this is a high-tier anime. Kind of neutral to the not-so-trap, but the lab coat chick is one of the best things I’ve seen in awhile.

Haven’t given one of these out for a while, but I think I enjoyed this enough to justify a nice fat 7/10 from me. This was super entertaining with its slightly above average witty and dirty humour, and honestly I was going to move on and watch my next anime on the list but I really kind of just want to watch the next season. Didn’t know why I couldn’t really find any really negative reviews on this despite it looking like your usual trash ecchi harem, but now I see why. This is some gourmet shit.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 12, 2021 6:34 AM

Nov 2016
fun series to watch, although sometimes very controversial. reminds me of another show that prolly took inspirations from this, but yeah this did it better (after school gameish club)...

yozora is pure evil, but she was like the star of the show. thankfully the real drama heats up in the next season...
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
May 11, 2021 11:44 PM

Aug 2014
Positives:

-its a nice silly anime.  It does have a charm to it that makes you want to keep watching, helping you get immersed.

-I can honestly say that out of all the MC in anime history, he is the one I can honestly say to relate the most, with being a student in a new school and looking much different than everyone else, and having difficulties making friends because of my "scary" appearance.  And for some reason, also having girls after me.

-This anime also has DELICIOUS fanservice, specially with those Yozora bootea or upskirt scenes.

-I also liked how the school looks, it has a very unique look to it.

Negatives:

-I was mostly bored with the anime.  I think I enjoyed it more because it was so relatable to me and the great fanservice, and not because of the comedy per-se.  Everytime I watch an episode (20 minutes long an episode if we cut out opening, ending , and preview), it would feel like im sitting and watching for like two hours. Thats how slow-paced things felt.

-If the male MC is supposed to look like a delinquent, can you give him more delinquent-looking eyes and not give him big innocent eyes.

-It would have been nice if this season 1 had some romance, even if its rom-com ish romance, but surprisingly it never did, even though its hinted that both Sora and Sena like the MC. But I guess they will leave the romance aspect to season 2.

Off to the OVA episode 13 and then season 2
oooo3333Mar 1, 2023 1:00 AM
Jun 3, 2021 8:26 AM

Oct 2020
Yozora cut her hair and also she is the MC childhood friend

I'm getting a deja vu here

I don't mind who's winning between Sena and Yozora, but I like Sena more

It's useless! From here on, the path is only a One-way road!
Just put your tail between your legs and get your ass back where you came from! - Accelerator

Jun 16, 2021 12:08 AM

Jan 2021
That was a fun ride, despite the score I gave it. The whole Yozora thing at the end was nice. Hopefully they do more with Yukimura. How do they think she’s actually a guy?
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Sep 18, 2021 11:48 AM

Aug 2018
This anime did many things right.. Enjoyable start.. Characters having peculiarities about them.. But also it feels that maybe it a bit went to nowhere, when it aimed to go through friendships topics or something of relation to others.. It didn't really feel that we went there, even if there were couple of moments when someone couldn't stand crowded places or something.. So overall anime has almost nice characters.. But also what it does - is a question for me.. It turned into harem slice of life show, what is an alright thing.. But it started as different thing, and switch is too hard, it feels to me personally.. How to rate this - I don't know.. It also could go more into ecchi as well, if it would want to be ecchi show, but it was kinda mild, to be honest.. So hard to say something in particular, how I feel about this show, I'm writing things all over the place.. I'll probably form my opinion only later..
Sep 29, 2022 2:09 AM
Jul 2018
Yozora best girl.
Dec 26, 2022 3:44 AM

Jan 2015
Second season finale which uses a sound version of the opening I've watched this week, having seen one yesterday too. Weird. But fun.

What a charming last couple of episodes, wow! Twist was really well executed, it was obvious for a while but like, the character story leading up to the twist and the character response to it. Hidden in the background shift to the status quo which I feel will have me like the series and second season (about to start, after the OVA) even more over if it didn't have the twist, so yeah, really successful story beat. Was real cool how we saw the point of view of the main heroine of a silly harem series. Made for a really sympathetic scenario.
Jan 29, 2023 4:39 AM
Jan 2023
Should be more interesting
Aug 27, 2023 2:46 AM

Jul 2020
The last two episodes sucked, also Yozora's new look is hideous. Too bad, I'd been enjoying the show up till ep11. Imma still give it 7/10 I guess, the first 10 episodes were pretty fun
Sep 12, 2023 9:22 PM

Dec 2009
Notes from 2011:

Sep 12, 2023 10:38 PM

Sep 2022
It is really insane to me how much memories Kodaka and Yozora have made together 10 years ago.

Also, Yozora looks really hot with that new boyish haircut. If I were a female/girl, I'd definitely fall for her as soon as our eyes lock towards each other. However, I don't think that Yozora is going to have the new cut stay like that forever and will eventually go back to her old self.

Yozora should've also confessed to Kodaka that she is actually a girl back then. I'm pretty sure Kodaka 10 years ago would compliment the Yozora dressed in a skirt 10 years ago.
Nov 24, 2023 10:28 AM
Nov 2023
Although I disliked that the reused a lot of scenes from previous episodes, they did a great job using the right amount of scenes to encapsulate the purpose of the anime. Connecting beginning and end of the anime while leaving no questions that would trouble the viewers except for a possible S2 that was mentioned at the end.
Dec 4, 2023 7:59 AM

Nov 2023
Very nice outfits
Mar 24, 8:58 AM

Jun 2019
A nice reunion in the end. That was cute. I also loved how Sena immediately recognized Yozora. Cute. It was fun, overall.
Apr 15, 12:32 PM

Dec 2022
Not enough to be called a recap episode by any means, but there were a lot of recycled scenes from previous episodes in this one. At least they had some narrative purpose here, as they admittedly contextualise Yozora's behaviour in the first episode.

Really fun series with humour that always delivers and a very flavourful selection of characters, all of whom get their fair share of screentime. It's just a shame the more serious moments weren't as charming, as they often came across as generic or abrupt. Fortunately, that's the only real flaw the anime has, and it's adept at nearly everything else.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 15, 2011

231 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 15, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Dec 8, 2011

181 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 15, 10:43 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 1, 2011

241 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 15, 10:01 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 24, 2011

180 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 15, 9:18 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 17, 2011

176 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 15, 8:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.