Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2011 11:37 PM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another great episode focusing on Minerva but also “Otohime Yamato VS Sho Tachinami” whom was an insane fight for the sheer show of what Yamato’s powers can do in the spoiler
You would wish you would never fight her. For she broke Sho’s arm. Otohime in the following,

Show on a platter that she can manipulate almost anyone into a doll. She is essentially a puppet master with a certain radius that ensnares you into her powers of command. The guy next to her in the spoiler
is her twin brother.
Her face was quite nice here against Sho. Can’t exactly ignore the nice fan service of her panties in the spoiler
it was nice. Most of this episode was panties shots.

I checked out the manga to see how they changed things. they screwed a lot. I am shocked they did not do it a little more like the manga for the following reason:
-Skipped bath part with the girls. Minerva plays with Haruko's breast there. Fan service averted it looks like it it. Minerva was also shown naked there.

-Minerva greeds Takeru/Usui on the roof with the panties flashing. Too bad for it would make good comedy and reactions from those guys.

-The took out a bunch of people in intervening to stop Yamato's fight with Minerva and when she goes to Takeru's place. Too bad on that one.

Anyway, Yamato’s fight with Sho was quite the pain for Sho despite him looking cool at first. What’s really cool about him is
his hair style here. While I totally loved his deployment of his Maken in the spoiler
apparently it’s a glove that is associated with the light element from the looks of that hand that grabs Yamato. I felt bad for Takeru in the spoiler
for he really got it bad with Yamato. The BGM totally fooled me into thinking he would use some super power but Minerva interrupted that however the BGM was perfect of that to occur.

In thee end there was is only this nice blushy face of Yamato left after Minerva speaks to her.

About Minerva, this episode really explains her powers but not all their potential. For one I liked Minerva most in the following,

This is the only time she has her eyes open long enough to see them well. Furthermore she KO one of Himegami’s guardians in the spoiler
that stick is really dangerous. Minerva looked cute in the beginning and with the sparkles in the close up here. While I laughed at Usui trying to find a reference to her in his note book. In general Minerva’s panties shot fan service in the spoiler
was satisfying in the whole episode with lots of closeups.

I kind of knew something was up with her eyes but not how her power was handled there. While it was nice of her to save Takeru was was more interesting is that she can heal in the spoiler
she heals Sho but it shows it does take a toll on her.
On average I liked Minerva’s face 1, face 2, face 3 and face 4 because of their MOE/blushing. However the best of Minerva is her reference material towards Shiria in the spoiler
now that was good comedy. IN general they did a good intro of Minerva.

About miscellaneous stuff, I liked seeing Inaho lick ice cream here. It kind of looked sexy. Kimi’s face here was just plain hilarious and she a favourite of mines after Himegami. Can’t exactly deny that the fan service of Haruko/President/Himegami in the spoiler
was bad. It was good and no censors. I laughed hard of Inaho’s poor face here and of course
Usui was totally hilarious towards Takeru. While I will admit that Himegami’s face and the reaction of Haruko towards it here was a fine part. Loved it when both Inaho/Haruko were so in Himegami’s face in the spoiler
another excellent segment of comedy despite short.

Now I am kind of seeing the brother complex of Himegami in the spoiler
however it was much more fun to see
Inaho/Haruko’s reactions when it was their turn. Haruko was totally having a bad face in regards to admitting her love towards Takeru and Inaho had such a nice blush here when with no hesitations she admitted into loving Takeru. Loved Himegami’s laughter here and Haruko looked quite fine with that pose here. I find that Takeru’s power training and mastery in the spoiler
was done well enough. It also shows more resemblances of Takeru/Himegami’s brother.

While Himegami’s part in the spoiler
with her face off towards Minerva was done just like in the manga. I still find the interruption rude to a EPIC fight between them. It could have been one once Himegami was about to jump Minerva. Shiria was perfect with Takeru in the spoiler
good comedy/romance that got interrupted by Haruko/Inaho. Oh well too bad. Overall it was mild but fun to find out things.

About preview, looks like Takeru is dressed nice here with his friend Usui. While Inaho in her maid outfit here looks adorable!

BTW Intermissions in the spoiler
were of Minerva and the Finian twins whom are MOE but Minerva much more better with that getup.

Image Stitches done in the spoiler
some nice Minerva/Hanuka.
Yumekichi11Dec 7, 2011 1:36 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 8, 2011 1:45 PM

Mar 2010
finally something happens, even though it's not much it's actually alot when it comes to this anime and things happening
Dec 8, 2011 2:23 PM

Apr 2009
With only 2 episodes left how do they plan to end this?

side note I have read most of the manga.
I am the light and the darkness tossed away by fate.
I am hope and despair needed by all and to none.
I am CuresDestiny.
Fear me or Not it is all the same to me.
<insert maniacal laughter here>

Dec 8, 2011 3:28 PM
Jul 2018
this episode was okay, something actually happens for a change.

With two episodes left, either going to be a bad ending or another season announced but i doubt that will happen

This series has just been average in my view :/
Dec 8, 2011 7:07 PM
Jun 2008
yea indeed 2eps left got wonder how pull like original anime ending or later on s2?

who knows give what happening seem yea yamato seem & faction she mention could be big bad within reveal of last 2 eps.

yet also himegami's eyes & that "showing" http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture12/e3f13334.jpg hmm unless give mention she is connected to faction of yamato?
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Dec 8, 2011 7:40 PM

Jun 2010
I think Takeru has like this god awesome power or something like that, but something is holding him down.

Dec 8, 2011 8:18 PM

May 2010
When I saw the bottle I thought Takeru is going to perform Mafuba.
Dec 8, 2011 8:29 PM

Aug 2010
I liked the Doll House Maken-ki, but like this show has been doing so far it moves through the characters very quickly. Nice to see Himegami getting screen time again though.
Dec 9, 2011 3:48 AM

Oct 2011
loved the episode - especially the sexy and possibly very evil minerva - great fight scenes!
Dec 9, 2011 10:18 AM

Jan 2011
So now I'm confused.....I could have sworn that Himegami liked Takeru...but its as if she doesn't in this episode. And yea, this season was ok, but it didn't really GRAB me like other shows, its like nothing has really happened all season.
Dec 9, 2011 1:11 PM
Jan 2011

So, it seem that Himegami is more than what she is in order for Minerva's group to be intrested in both her and Takeru.

I wonder if these duo will be the piece de resistance of this anime.
Dec 11, 2011 4:35 AM

May 2008
2 more episode left..

The episode was alright guess the plot is kicking in now tho.. Takeru probably use his full power on the last episode lol
Dec 11, 2011 9:24 AM

Nov 2009
Just sort of plodded through this anime, it's certainly been nothing of note.

Just massive boobs on nearly everyone with gratuitous fan service and no real plot progressiion. If it hadn;t been for Inaho and Himegami i'd probably have dropped this ages ago.
Dec 12, 2011 8:41 AM

Feb 2011
2 more episode but still no plot
Dec 12, 2011 3:15 PM
Dec 2011
still no plot. Need more Himegami. Episode 4 was the highlight. The rest of this anime has been meh so far
Dec 13, 2011 2:21 PM

May 2011
Now its getting really interesting. Himegami and Minerva <3
Dec 14, 2011 12:56 AM

Nov 2010
CurseDestiny said:
With only 2 episodes left how do they plan to end this?

side note I have read most of the manga.

In the same position and wondering the exact same thing.
Dec 18, 2011 9:16 PM

Nov 2007
more new characters? we barely know anything about the ones we have
Dec 27, 2011 2:24 PM
Nov 2011
It was an interesting episode, but the imprint left in that tree. Wow.... Did anyone think that could be an 'omen' ?
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Jul 1, 2013 7:30 PM

Nov 2012
more annoying girl show up -_-
Jan 10, 2015 3:37 AM

Nov 2011
Yet another miracle, an episode that he has not lost in nonsense, not really, pursuing the story.
Narrative that would satisfy more, if he had not lost in crap right in the end.
Oh Well!
The drawings this time, are of good quality.
Jul 11, 2015 6:11 PM

Feb 2013
Damn! That girl is sadistic! She broke his arm and was planning to go even further! Don't want to be near her. Glad Minerva stopped her.

So that's why Minerva has her eyes closed.

I wonder who Himegami was talking about when she sad she was in love with someone before. Also she she completely human too? That got my interest.
Oct 31, 2015 9:54 AM

Apr 2013
So we learn a bit about Minerva and the blonde loli, guess it was an alright episode.
Jan 9, 5:25 AM
Oct 2023
5/5. 7.4/10 overall.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maken-Ki! Episode 9 Discussion

Yumekichi11 - Nov 29, 2011

30 by -ODA- »»
Apr 28, 1:29 AM

Poll: » Maken-Ki! Episode 11 Discussion

Rayyy - Dec 13, 2011

27 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 9, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Maken-Ki! Episode 8 Discussion

Elite60 - Nov 23, 2011

23 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 8, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Maken-Ki! Episode 7 Discussion

Yumekichi11 - Nov 16, 2011

30 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 7, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Maken-Ki! Episode 6 Discussion

Yumekichi11 - Nov 8, 2011

25 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 7, 12:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.