Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 9, 2011 6:02 PM

Oct 2008
FINALLY AN ANIME WHERE THE GUY ACTUALLY PICKS SOMEONE.
Most of these harem VN kind of animes leave the anime not choosing any girl.

The rating on this anime has increased in my books.
love to see how it turns out.

Dec 9, 2011 6:10 PM

Nov 2010
Well damn, this is a mess.

While I expected Miu to be the eventual victor, I am displeased with how Airi was treated in the past few episodes. Seriously, she was basically thrown out of the picture once her arc was done. Not a single interaction with Shingo for God knows how long. If a character's arc is going to take up a good portion of the show, at least have the character play a more prominent role. Really disgusted at how they treated Airi.

As for that confession scene, I don't know about you guys but I felt that it was rushed. It just felt out of place to me, it felt forced, empty and just bland. As much as I expected the confession to come sometime within this episode, I thought it was just poorly done.

As for Sana, damn. That was just sad. While it's true that she was late in realizing her feeling, it's still sad to see her like that. I mean, I've grown to like her as a character because of her development with Shingo. She wore a mask when she first met him, then got comfortable with him enough to start calling him by his first name, despite the fact that she hated guys. The way she was juggling on what her real feelings are towards Shingo, thought they did a fine job on that. I liked Sana more than the other 2 simply because her role was very consistant in the past 10 episodes and I found it very interesting, where as they dropped the ball with Airi's role forcing her to have literally next to no interaction with the main cast, especially with Shing and Miu's was just uninteresting to me.

While I didn't like the way things turned out this episode, I thought it was okay... Though that bland confession from Shingo left a bitter taste in my mouth... I seriously believe it should have been better for Miu's sake. Though it did make Sana's scene look that much more impressive. XD S'all good, Airi and Sana can start their own relationship. ;)

I'm not going to say I am looking forward to this next episode, but I will see this through the very end.

On another note, dammit Sakuno needs more scenes FFS!!!! XDD

Yumekichi11 said:

God damn, that hurt. Dammit Shingo!! *Punches wall*
Dec 9, 2011 6:18 PM

Jan 2011
I think the confession represented the type of person Shingo is, calm, reserved and private. Normally, you get the guy looking all scared, and shouts out I LOVE you. But I loved how shingo waited until they had privacy, and calmly opened up instead of some shocking OMG style confession, very realistic if you ask me.

@argilium
i agree that Airi could have had more screen time as the advisor, but I think that was mostly her role for Sana, how to cope and eventually help her get over Shingo, which she will probably do. She's pretty much told us how she got over shingo when giving the advice to Sana. She probably spent some time crying over it (off camera) and moved on.

This series came off as very realistic, and believable, which is another reason I really like it. For the most part, Airi acted like a normal girl would, find out the boy doesn't like you and move on. The only reason Sana is going all out busting tears is because it is a deconstruction of the Tsundere, and her actually realizing what she could have had, but now doesn't. Instead of her DENYING feelings, she's probably regretting she never opened up.
Tenchi_RyuDec 9, 2011 6:21 PM
Dec 9, 2011 7:01 PM

Oct 2010
EchoesOfMana said:
While I expected Miu to be the eventual victor, I am displeased with how Airi was treated in the past few episodes. Seriously, she was basically thrown out of the picture once her arc was done. Not a single interaction with Shingo for God knows how long. If a character's arc is going to take up a good portion of the show, at least have the character play a more prominent role. Really disgusted at how they treated Airi.
I agree with you simply because it looks like Tenchi my friend mentions they used Airi as a means to an end to the boys arc. That is disgusting. WTF are putting 2 main key scenes of Airi's route when it will not happen? The walk in the snow and the bath only happen in Airi's route so I really wonder if there will be a twist with some drama. Anyone can PM a spoiler if there is a interruption even possible with Airi towards Miu at all?
EchoesOfMana said:
As for that confession scene, I don't know about you guys but I felt that it was rushed. It just felt out of place to me, it felt forced, empty and just bland. As much as I expected the confession to come sometime within this episode, I thought it was just poorly done.
I agree with you. I was like WTF? I mean alone OK, suddenly the eyes and like he has a erection suddenly blurts out I love you with a hug looks to me more spontaneous than fine. Even though it did look executed fine at first it's after it screws up. I guess I did not like the impulse initially that happened suddenly or the setup was not something else despite being fine for it was within the club.
EchoesOfMana said:
As for Sana, damn. That was just sad. While it's true that she was late in realizing her feeling, it's still sad to see her like that. I mean, I've grown to like her as a character because of her development with Shingo. She wore a mask when she first met him, then got comfortable with him enough to start calling him by his first name, despite the fact that she hated guys. The way she was juggling on what her real feelings are towards Shingo, thought they did a fine job on that. I liked Sana more than the other 2 simply because her role was very consistent in the past 10 episodes and I found it very interesting, where as they dropped the ball with Airi's role forcing her to have literally next to no interaction with the main cast, especially with Shingo and Miu's was just uninteresting to me.
Totally agree with you on Sana. She did amazing progress and in the PSP her story is amazing, I just don't understand why not adapt for a first time that was never done in the VN. It would be innovative not to mention smart for the reason I mention.
EchoesOfMana said:
While I didn't like the way things turned out this episode, I thought it was okay... Though that bland confession from Shingo left a bitter taste in my mouth... I seriously believe it should have been better for Miu's sake. Though it did make Sana's scene look that much more impressive. XD S'all good, Airi and Sana can start their own relationship. ;)
Agree with you again and Sana/Airi yuri? Well it would be something else to see as there is no way that was in the VN.
EchoesOfMana said:
Yumekichi11 said:

God damn, that hurt. Dammit Shingo!! *Punches wall*
Yeah me too. I did not punch the wall but man I screamed out fine.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 9, 2011 7:02 PM

Dec 2009
Well, i must say that Sana's crying face was really sad to see, but i don't like her. Ever since i saw Miu i thought she was the best among the girls.
Dec 9, 2011 7:07 PM

Nov 2011
EchoesOfMana said:
Well damn, this is a mess.

I agree 100 percent.
Dec 9, 2011 8:07 PM

Mar 2009
It hurts where it hurts lol.

Yumekichi11 said:
Totally agree with you on Sana. She did amazing progress and in the PSP her story is amazing, I just don't understand why not adapt for a first time that was never done in the VN. It would be innovative not to mention smart for the reason I mention.

Because her PSP story is way too different from her story in Miu arc. While it is a good story, I felt that the drama and emotional impact is not as great as Sana's story in Miu arc. You would see Sana in a waaaay different light than you are seeing her now in the anime. And Sana's story is more of a family-oriented one, really, so it defeats the purpose of the school-life theme with other characters imo.

Yumekichi11 said:
I agree with you. I was like WTF? I mean alone OK, suddenly the eyes and like he has a erection suddenly blurts out I love you with a hug looks to me more spontaneous than fine. Even though it did look executed fine at first it's after it screws up. I guess I did not like the impulse initially that happened suddenly or the setup was not something else despite being fine for it was within the club.

While I'm somewhat agree with you that the bath scene shouldn't be there for raising false hope. But I don't agree with the concept of taking bath together = definite romance interest in both way (it may did for Airi, but not Shingo). I mean, real experience here, I missed the last bus and had to stay over at a girl friend room. I liked her and at that time, i didn't expect her to let me share her bed because it was a single room in a middle of winter with a very low heating. It was awkward as hell but nothing really happened. Weeks later I confessed to her and got rejected, now, we are both Asian if that counts.

Lesson? Even in the most awkward situation, what you are expecting may not be true. And it's like that for Shingo, after the bath, did anything happen to Shingo? Any pervert after thought about girl body? Any blushing? No, just no. And I don't find it that strange lol, given how Shingo is.
Dec 9, 2011 9:30 PM

Jan 2011
Damn. The Sana rain scene made me very very sad. Her not getting picked : (

It won't go to Sana though in the end. If it changes to any other girl I will be shocked. Although, I was kinda shocked at how Airi and Uryuu's relationship just kinda dropped off the radar. But I guess that should of been expected given they have to choose a route to end the show on.

Airi's comment to Sana about cry today and forget tomorrow was pretty powerful. Shows she more than likely went through the exact same thing over him.
Dec 9, 2011 10:10 PM

Oct 2010
Hate me all you want but this show is dropped.

I wanted him to pick Airi but he pick that silly Miu.

Well i rate this episode a 0 out of 5. I mean i feel so bad about Airi the most and think about it she got her own place he can always sleep over there and get some.

Almost seem like everybody wanted it to be Airi/Sana
Dec 9, 2011 10:30 PM

Apr 2009
^ haha.. this is what i feared the show would get.. basically, only Miu fans love what's happening.. but us neutral people, Airi shippers, and Sana shippers are mostly butthurt on how the show went through.. not everyone who stuck with the show is happy or at least satisfied.. i'm no Airi shipper but as one who became her fan during the first half of the show, the entire second half for her was just unjust.. oh well, at least her resolve is admirable in this ep.. (damn, it might be a good thing she's not picked, let's claim her)
Dec 9, 2011 10:34 PM

Sep 2011
Meh, here we go. Try to be a nice guy and you'll for sure make other girls sad. It's an undeniable fact.

Moving on, however. I guess they went to one girl route, which is appropriate anyways for a "nice/calm and reserved/well-mannered guy" and not the shounen type one.

But then, I guess they really did the "general" tackle, which basically is that he has connections to all girls. I think this is possible to be like Amagami SS or Yosuga no Sora which allows different routes to each girl.

If this is the anime I think it is, then I'll look forward for Airi and his sister's route. And also, if you think about it, there are is a big reason why they presented out the "flaws" for each girl. Like Airi who has been living alone; Sana who has allergic to cats (could be deeper?); for Miu, someone who cares too much about others (deeper reason?); and other reasons for the other girls.

skyjlvDec 9, 2011 10:43 PM
Randomly looking for high compatibility with other people. Click and see if you have high compatibility and leave a comment in my profile.
It'll make my day. :)
Dec 9, 2011 10:53 PM

Jun 2011
Can someone tell me Sana's story from the PSP?
Dec 9, 2011 11:16 PM

Jun 2008
Wasn't expecting a confession so soon. Maybe this will have a decent ending to make up for being so generic otherwise. Was also expecting Airi to be the winner girl, so I'm beat there.

And I just realized how sad it is that this can be considered "so soon" for a confession.
Dec 10, 2011 12:08 AM

Aug 2011
I'm glad they're finally getting to the namesake of this show: "lovers." After episode 1, there wasn't enough of that theme going around. At least they're actually going somewhere now. I personally would've preferred Airi, but whatever. It's better than circlejerking and doing nothing. They should've been spending more time developing actual characters/relationships.

I really felt sorry for Sana, but seriously. How could she expect to win when she consistently treats Shingo like something she just dumped in the toilet? It's really her fault and her fault alone.

I'm just pissed at how much time they wasted with Airi just to toss her aside.
DraconisMarchDec 10, 2011 12:12 AM
Dec 10, 2011 12:16 AM

Sep 2011
this all goes back to our main issue of time. with only 12 episodes to cover a lot of content, there's no way we're able to see full character development or slice-of-life scenes such as inside the classroom. this is like the first time we've seen Hayata, them eating lunch together, or anything that's actually classroom-related in a long time.

characters in any harem/romance VN to anime adaption are likely to be dropped off since at any point in time the protagonist can just choose whomever. Kanon was a big example. it's just really evident with this show because they simply don't have the time to have everyone's share of the limelight. at least in Kanon or Clannad, we were able to see everyone's arc before characters were dropped (-2 for Clannad, but still impressive considering there's like 6+ character arcs). in Mashiro there's only 4 character arcs, two of which are incomplete (Airi/Ange), one finishing development (Miu) and one not even mentioned at all (Sakuno).

so yeah. things may seem rushed to people, but that's because in the end it really is. the courting process, character arcs, the confessions, whatever: it's all rushed.

Dec 10, 2011 12:21 AM
Aug 2010
alright thats it, im not watching anymore of this until all the episodes come out
i cannot take this waiting
Dec 10, 2011 12:36 AM

Jan 2011
argilium said:
^ haha.. this is what i feared the show would get.. basically, only Miu fans love what's happening.. but us neutral people, Airi shippers, and Sana shippers are mostly butthurt on how the show went through.. not everyone who stuck with the show is happy or at least satisfied.. i'm no Airi shipper but as one who became her fan during the first half of the show, the entire second half for her was just unjust.. oh well, at least her resolve is admirable in this ep.. (damn, it might be a good thing she's not picked, let's claim her)

Don't sound neutral to me buddy, that's a lot of Airi loving in that post lol. Seriously though, I'm neutral and very pleased, and in reality most neutral viewers are as well.

There seems to be this clause that just because Airi had development between Shingo that it HAD to be romantic. I mean for christ sake, the guy has only been interested in one girl the ENTIRE time. If getting into a tub with a girl did absolutely nothing, its pretty much a lost cause. All Miu had to do was look at him to get his blood flowing.

I don't know what more is there to say, shingo wanted to become on good terms with Airi...he DID THAT. What else is there left to do? She became part of the core group of friends and was more sociable. Sana didn't like men at all, but Shingo wanted to be on good terms as well....guess what? HE DID THAT

Seems that a lot of the Sana/Airi fans did exactly what those two girls did, misinterpreted his kindness for attraction.

I mean, for christ sake, look at this:

This is what REALLY happened

And this is what Sana saw

Like someone above said, they got kindness and fell head over hills....HARD. But Miu has had his attention since day one. No point in claiming not enough Airi/Sana development when he SIMPLY does not want either of them.
Dec 10, 2011 12:47 AM

Sep 2008
pilipino101 said:
I am very confused as to how the F Shingo fell in love with her. I mean, yeah, she had her moments, BUT he showed little to NO signs of liking anyone. I mean hell, I seriously thought it was going to be a full harem, then BOOM "Suki desu" WTF!!!

your right there was little to no love interest at all a little blushing here and a little blushing there, but yeah when she was talking about Sana and her cat alergy and some other crap she mention his face was like really tense then hes all I love you, I Litterly was upset like how? Then I see Sana Cry I was like ahh hell nah. TT Poor Sana Chan.
I Love Sana but I mean yeah it was Airi for half the show then they switch outta know where. im giving it a 8 or a 9 not because of who he choose but how he chose her.

Dec 10, 2011 1:34 AM
Sep 2011
Tenchi_Ryu said:
argilium said:

Don't sound neutral to me buddy, that's a lot of Airi loving in that post lol. Seriously though, I'm neutral and very pleased, and in reality most neutral viewers are as well.

There seems to be this clause that just because Airi had development between Shingo that it HAD to be romantic. I mean for christ sake, the guy has only been interested in one girl the ENTIRE time. If getting into a tub with a girl did absolutely nothing, its pretty much a lost cause. All Miu had to do was look at him to get his blood flowing.

I don't know what more is there to say, shingo wanted to become on good terms with Airi...he DID THAT. What else is there left to do? She became part of the core group of friends and was more sociable. Sana didn't like men at all, but Shingo wanted to be on good terms as well....guess what? HE DID THAT

Seems that a lot of the Sana/Airi fans did exactly what those two girls did, misinterpreted his kindness for attraction.

I mean, for christ sake, look at this:

This is what REALLY happened

^^ This is what i think also and those picture in the spoiler says it all!! I thought it would be Miu from the first meeting. He was only kind to the other two but Miu have always had the attention. I don't even understand why people get upset over this. At least there is a pairing and i find it nice the confession was this early and not at the last minutes in last episodes as it usually are (if there is a confession or pairing as many Harem have crap endings without any of it). I am looking forward what happen in the last two episodes.
Dec 10, 2011 1:54 AM
Oct 2010
Poor Sana... Shingo made the wrong choice, IMO... but still, a choice is better than none, I really hate open endings.

I disliked this episode, but my overall rating of the anime will go up... is that weird?
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Dec 10, 2011 2:23 AM
Jun 2011
if by trow airi aside you mean after they bath with each outher think about it for a minute while normally two people choosing to bathe together would likely imply some romantic inclinations indeed, it's important not to forget the circumstances that led to them sharing the bath tub. They didn't do it because of a mutual interest to bathe together, but because that was the solution they reached as the compromise to their argument.
Dec 10, 2011 3:09 AM

Aug 2008
This talk is going longer than I thought.
I still stand by what I said: Shingo is doing it the right way loving Miu as the whole 10 episodes implies. It makes sense to me.

For Sana:
iLikePixels said:
What does Sana expect when you treat someone worse than trash?
Mostly this. She expects a status quo, which turns out worst for her.
How can a girl expect a guy to love her while she's trashing him?
That only happens in "Tsundere wins" things (or S/M), which is not the case in Mashiro-iro.
Shingo has been showing the sensible way to treat her. I even think he's actually way too nice to be friendly too, let alone love.

For Airi:
Oh well, I think I understand Airi shipper in this case because I'm Sakuno's.
Unlike Angie who is comedic relief and Sakuno who is left out the whole time,
Airi develops a lot in her part with Shingo, but suddenly got overtaken by Miu.
So even from the neutral viewpoint of mine, I still think they've executed it in a bad way.
Airi should at least get more roles before given up on Shingo. Maybe the same ways Sana gets through.
The way they are treating Airi is just like ditching her after they used her up. It looks pretty bad.
In conclusions, I don't think Airi deserves winning position, but at least she deserves more than being invisible background character.

Since I'm Sakuno shipper, and I equally like Airi-Miu-Sana, I hope you'll consider my thoughts as neutral, guys.
KaitoDashDec 10, 2011 3:17 AM
Dec 10, 2011 3:24 AM

Aug 2010
Yayyyy, conciseness! Well girls that what you get for beating around the bush so damn long

Also if your all Tsun and no dere, you'll scare them off!
Dec 10, 2011 3:29 AM
Jan 2011
But Airi went Bitch to Tsundere and then Deredere and then he just ditched her. I'll give this anime one thing, it makes me rage so much more every week. I'm even posting on MAL cause I'm so angry.
Dec 10, 2011 3:48 AM
Feb 2011
Awesome, episode ten and he has already confessed. Although that confession scene was kinda weak and it kinda bothers me that Airi, after episode 5 became such a minor character.
Kinda have the feeling that episode 12 will be a random fan service episode or something along those lines and episode 11 will be like a conclusion of how everybody reacted that they became a couple and so on
Dec 10, 2011 3:54 AM

May 2010
Even though i wanted shingo to end up with miu now... i am amazed & puzzled with my own feeling of wanting him to end up with sana:(
Dec 10, 2011 5:43 AM

Aug 2010
Man, this is truly one of the best harems I've seen in quite a while, (finding a series like this every now and then is the reason i still watch harem animes)
This might be the first time were i don't hate any of the possible love interests, in fact I really loved all three of them a lot, and I couldn't choose at all. So I was really sad for sana.
Well I hope they make OVA's with different route endings
Dec 10, 2011 5:45 AM

Oct 2010
elior1 said:
if by trow Airi aside you mean after they bath with each other think about it for a minute while normally two people choosing to bathe together would likely imply some romantic inclinations indeed, it's important not to forget the circumstances that led to them sharing the bath tub. They didn't do it because of a mutual interest to bathe together, but because that was the solution they reached as the compromise to their argument.
I agree and will add that the staff totally so fart failed in developing of Airi anything but blushes and signs that she is worried over Shingo's affairs with other girls namely Sana/Miu. That's it. On top of that the OP clearly shows a scenes deemed only of the Airi route so no idea if it's a troll or it means something. Troll as in just putting it there but it still gives false hopes.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 10, 2011 6:20 AM

Mar 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
I agree and will add that the staff totally so fart failed in developing of Airi anything but blushes and signs that she is worried over Shingo's affairs with other girls namely Sana/Miu. That's it. On top of that the OP clearly shows a scenes deemed only of the Airi route so no idea if it's a troll or it means something. Troll as in just putting it there but it still gives false hopes.

And I actually can argue against that. Even though Airi appears lots in the OP, but if you actually notice the detail and how it plays out, it suggest a lot of hint on how the anime plays out.

For example, at the running scene, Airi was the one who was watching other, implying the role being an observant. And when they all runs toward the front, who suddenly appears at the end? Miu, right?

Although I admit that Airi's development was kinda misleading for the shippers. You have to look at it in other pov as well, when there were chances that can be used to develop Shingo x Airi, but it's not like Miu is totally nonsense in term of romantic potential either. Miu has her own appeal to Shingo, and you have to accept that, even in the 1st 6 episodes. So please don't say it's rubbish when the studio decided to go for Miu end.

It still amazed on how shippers and haters reacted to this lol.
Dec 10, 2011 7:28 AM

Jan 2010
I saw this coming, but it was little bit too early for this O.O?
What I am worried about is that 2 EPISODE LEFT MIGHT TWIST this SHINGO X MIU.
Cross finger and prays.
I would be kinda mad if Shingo ends up with Sana, because in this episode he stated that he has no feelings for Sana. (2 Episode might do it, You never know what could happen in those 2 episode ;P)
Twisting relationship aren't rare these days @_@
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 10, 2011 7:55 AM

Nov 2008
Now that I think of it, next ep title is the anime title itself, I sense a restart then a harem ending for ep 12.

Dec 10, 2011 8:04 AM
Jun 2011
Hoppy said:
Now that I think of it, next ep title is the anime title itself, I sense a restart then a harem ending for ep 12.
next episode is actully still about miu sana and shingo like you seen in the preview so i don't thing it will be like you think
Dec 10, 2011 10:34 AM

Aug 2011
KaitoDash said:
Since I'm Sakuno shipper
Why in the flying fuck do people even ship his sister as a romantic partner? Their relationship is so clearly obviously strictly brother-sister. I don't even know how people can be for incest bull shit.

billng said:
Also if your all Tsun and no dere, you'll scare them off!
Truth.
Dec 10, 2011 10:35 AM

Sep 2011
Great episode!
Dec 10, 2011 11:07 AM
Apr 2011
YEAH! im so happy that's the best chose ever! the first time i see that the "main" girl isn't chosen,and the girl i like the most had been chosen!
i wish for good stuff for the next two episodes with Miu ^_^
Dec 10, 2011 11:41 AM
Mar 2010
This anime reminded me of Shuffle in the best possible way, the girl who I was routing for ended up winning! And then we got the crying in the rain scene, which was good
Dec 10, 2011 11:42 AM

Jul 2010
Oh no!!! Airi and Sakuno can't lift up a cardboard box together, but no fear!!! Shingo will be here and lift it up like it's made of feathers!!

or not.

Anyway, on to the meat of the episode: drama, drama. Sana should really be honest with herself. How's a guy supposed to figure out you like him if you keep acting like she does? (Anime) guys can be dense but even a sharp guy won't be able to pick up these almost non-existent signals. =/

Shingo was pretty bold to be hugging her from the back (rude!) like that. Miu reaction was cute, but she still doubted that the fact that Uryuu liked Sana was a misunderstanding for a second. Sad to see that Sana apparently entered the club and saw Shingo and Miu at that moment.

Want to add more drama? Make it rain! Sana sitting all alone in the rain and Airi (who knew all along) comforting her. Well, we can say that all the others are officially out of the race, or Miu has to miraculously find a reason to dump Uryuu.

Hoppy said:
It's actually the name of the Visual Novel. =)

Dec 10, 2011 11:52 AM

Jun 2009

So it actually happened, Miu end incoming. Unless they troll us in last ep and put Sana end, which is still a very probable outcome. Sena end would be a totall troll now and i'd consider it shit of the year.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Dec 10, 2011 12:32 PM

Aug 2008
DraconisMarch said:
KaitoDash said:
Since I'm Sakuno shipper
Why in the flying fuck do people even ship his sister as a romantic partner? Their relationship is so clearly obviously strictly brother-sister. I don't even know how people can be for incest bull shit.
I heard that she is his step-sister though, but the truth won't be revealed as her route is not even touched on.
And that makes me RAGE.

Never mind. What I wanted to say is that I just want to see her more than we get to see, because she's cute.
And to achieve that, I have no way but to ship her to her route, have I?
KaitoDashDec 10, 2011 12:37 PM
Dec 10, 2011 12:34 PM
Apr 2011
OrochiPL said:

So it actually happened, Miu end incoming. Unless they troll us in last ep and put Sana end, which is still a very probable outcome. Sena end would be a totall troll now and i'd consider it shit of the year.

lol same here =D
Dec 10, 2011 12:36 PM
Jan 2011

Mui and Shingo........not bad since unlike Airi and Sena, Mui never treated Shingo like shit and she's very kind and professional with other students from Shingo's school.
Dec 10, 2011 1:34 PM

Jan 2011
OrochiPL said:
. Unless they troll us in last ep and put Sana end, which is still a very probable outcome.

Not at all.....its completely over....Shingo does not like her what so ever....I mean seriously

Couple of the fuckin YEAR!
Dec 10, 2011 1:48 PM

May 2009
This was the best episode ever of the whole anime series, just because that Sana bitch got what she deserved! Hell yeah, that's what you get when you're an abusive, bullying asshole! And you want to be the girlfriend of the poor guy you treated like shit?! Cry some more, instead!

And this gif is absolutely perfect.
Dec 10, 2011 1:52 PM

Nov 2010
I've recently finished Airi's route in the Visual Novel for the PC and I found something interesting, the opening narration in the anime was shockingly similar to the narration at the end of Airi's route. Then again, it was also the same as the opening narration in the game, albeit shorter. Though I do find it strange that no other ending so far as used this, then again I haven't 100% the game yet.

Nasty001 said:
Mui and Shingo........not bad since unlike Airi and Sena, Mui never treated Shingo like shit and she's very kind and professional with other students from Shingo's school.

Not that I dislike the whole Miu Shingo thing, but let's be honest here; while it's true that Airi treated Shingo like "shit" she got over that, and even accepted him despite not being on good terms with guys. Where did that get her? She fell to a role that's barely non-existant. Hell, she had just about as much importance to the story as Hayata (other Student Council President, Shingo's friend) in the past few episodes. What I didn't like about this show was how they gave her a good portion of the show and then just tossed her away, that whole development felt wasted. Hell, I feel like I wasted time watching the first 4-5 episodes. I could literally have gone through this show without watching Airi's arc and not miss anything.

As for Sena, sure she treated Shingo like shit, but that's the way Tsundere's are so it's expected, no complaints there. Personally, I prefer Sana as well as Airi over Miu, as Sana was probably the most developed along with Airi (up until recently at least, seriously wtf happened to her here...). They both had similar problems, and despite hating guys, grew to like Shingo as a possible love interest. Miu on the other hand had no problems aside from the whole club formation as well as the eventual farewell to Pannya which was just too simple of a character for me.

DraconisMarch said:

Just to clarify things, she's his step-sister.

elior1 said:
if by trow airi aside you mean after they bath with each outher think about it for a minute while normally two people choosing to bathe together would likely imply some romantic inclinations indeed, it's important not to forget the circumstances that led to them sharing the bath tub. They didn't do it because of a mutual interest to bathe together, but because that was the solution they reached as the compromise to their argument.

I also didn't see that big of a romantic implication in that scene. The way I see it, it was more of a step towards development on Airi's part. You would not normally see Airi come in contact with a boy, the scene not only shows her growth as a character, but how close the two have gotten since they've met, whether you see that romantically or platonically, it's up to you on how you would interpret this situation.

Yumekichi11 said:
Agree with you again and Sana/Airi yuri? Well it would be something else to see as there is no way that was in the VN.

Yeah, I know, I was kidding after all. Though it would be interesting to see.

Enough with that! There's 2 episodes left, and I still don't have my Sakuno fix. Dammit!! I also think the addition of Yutsuki would've been great.
World needs more shrine maidens!!
EchoesOfManaDec 10, 2011 3:11 PM
Dec 10, 2011 2:20 PM

Feb 2008
They all avoided confessing to Shingo, so Shingo didn't realize any of them liked him, but the MOE overloaded his higher-brain functions with Miu.

it'd happen to any of us who aren't observering Shingo, but are in Shingo's position, from his perspective, his sister isn't anything like as love interest, Airi doesn't want him at all, and Sana made it perfectly clear he isn't to touch her or any other girl, whereas the maid was just too overbearing to be taken seriously....

from his perspective, Miu didn't want him either, but like I said, the Moe overloaded his brain.
Dec 10, 2011 2:28 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Interesting. Assuming there is not a weird plot twist in the next two episodes and Shingo x Mui sticks, all in all I've been pleasantly surprised by this series - a 'harem' anime wherein the male character was strong and likeable and nearly all the girls were strong and likeable.

(On the other hand, I not to long ago finished Toradora!, and in that one it seems the very day both characters confess to each other and agree to stay together always, even telling others they are married, the girl up and runs away!)

From a personal standpoint, I find Airi much more interesting and she has always been my favorite, but I am not unhappy with a Shingo x Mui ending - I see nothing wrong with Mui, she's a nice person and Shingo has always been happy to be around her from the beginning, it's been obvious to me for the last few episodes that he really only had eyes for her. Again, from a personal standpoint Sana is a more interesting character than Mui, but hell the way I see it Shingo should have told her off long ago given the way she's treated him. I feel bad for Sana, but she did bring it on herself. The one I feel bad for the most for is Airi.

So, assuming we don't get some weird shakeup, I've found this to be a good show, even if it didn't work out the way I had hoped.
Dec 10, 2011 2:32 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
LonerGoth said:
They all avoided confessing to Shingo, so Shingo didn't realize any of them liked him, but the MOE overloaded his higher-brain functions with Miu.

ROTFLMAO
CratexDec 10, 2011 4:13 PM
Dec 10, 2011 3:28 PM

Oct 2010
When he hugged Miu I got so mad I started punching my pillow. It's like for me that Sana and Airi loves shingo, while Miu just y'know likes him. I was really rooting for Airi!! T_T
Dec 10, 2011 3:30 PM
Nov 2011
How is any of this unexpected?
Actually, if you look back to episode 1, there were cinematic introductions for only two characters. Airi's first appearance, and Miu and panya in the yard.
Sana has been a side character from day one.

Look, I'm not a hater or trying to rub this into anyone's face, but the reason why Shingo likes Miu is simple. That is as realistic of a scenario as it can get. If you haven't dated before, I'm sorry that you haven't realized guys like mature girls who is feminine, attractive and nice . Over chlidish, mean, and beating around the bush.

I'll say this as a fact, reality is , tsundere is popular. However, very few guys like girls who endless play the game of hard to get, beat around the bush. People just leave.

However, that's never the argument, look back. Shingo blushed to only 1 character in this anime. And that happened since the day they first met. Shingo joined Nuko club out of his own will. He's Sakuno's brother through family, not choice. He's co-president because he was nominated, not his own choice. He was "master" fr the maid because the maid said so, not his own choice. He walks home with Sana because it's the same route home, not his own choice.

Someone was nice enough to point out earlier, the Miu route would make the most sense because it involves the most characters. Other routes are more boring and one dimensional. It's amazing in the game of course, but the problem is, the anime adaptation just won't fit.
I suspect Sakuno's story would be the second choice, because it explains a great deal of things, however there is always that incest controversy. (but honestly, they are step brother sisters, furthermore wdf is wrong with people? we accept gays and lesbians now, incest is different how? it's all about a matter of choice, if it's not your thing, you don't do it. who cares if they choose to?)

Hanachiyo said:
When he hugged Miu I got so mad I started punching my pillow. It's like for me that Sana and Airi loves shingo, while Miu just y'know likes him. I was really rooting for Airi!! T_T

It only looks this way because it's unrequited. It would be looking that way for Miu if he chose Sana or Airi.
Dec 10, 2011 3:47 PM
Jun 2011
i dont think airi was have so much romantic feelings at the final scence with the bath sure there was a jealousy but not much romantic feelings you mean and here the reason:Both were drenched by the rain and believed they were at risk of catching a cold unless they each got into a bath. Airi was not willing to let Shingo go without getting into the bath first. Shingo didn't consider it acceptable that he get in first before her, since then she could get sick. Hence they would both get in. Airi turned out the lights to reduce the risk of embarrassment. It was a logical compromise with no romantic intentions from Shingo's part.Of course, he was still embarrassed when Airi got in but the conversation that ensued and their attitude towards each afterwards suggest it had no deep meaning.
elior1Dec 10, 2011 3:52 PM
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The VN is now available in English!

Razernation - May 6

4 by rsc-pl »»
May 8, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Mashiroiro Symphony: The Color of Lovers Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

game8910 - Dec 13, 2011

196 by RioAl »»
May 3, 2023 5:49 AM

» Poor Airi

shuvrokun - Mar 19, 2023

3 by shuvrokun »»
Mar 20, 2023 8:37 AM

» Shingo's and Airi's name

Rad_Scientist - Jan 25, 2023

4 by Rad_Scientist »»
Jan 25, 2023 10:33 AM

Poll: » Mashiroiro Symphony: Love Is Pure White Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 11, 2011

92 by NextUniverse »»
Jul 5, 2022 12:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.