Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 9, 2010 2:14 PM

Aug 2009
Another awesome episode. Yoko is finally back yay!
Feb 26, 2010 10:24 PM

Jan 2009
EPIC return!

May 29, 2010 10:42 PM

Jun 2009
YOKO!!!!!!!!
Jun 15, 2010 12:07 PM

Feb 2009
Woohoo, Yoko's back, she's the man!

I can't wait for Simon to get the fucking out that hole and kick some ass with Lagann. Where's my Boota?
Jul 29, 2010 10:32 PM

Jul 2010
Yooooooooookooooooooo!!11!!1! <3
Aug 20, 2010 7:59 AM
Jul 2018
Yoko <3
Also wheres Boota in all this?????????????? XD
He's just gonna pop out of Yoko's breast or something, and say he was the one that brought her XD
Nov 3, 2010 10:57 PM

Sep 2009
Kittan grew up!
Hurrah!
Dec 7, 2010 12:00 PM

May 2010
XD this was sooooooooooooo cool <3
Dec 13, 2010 11:15 AM
Jul 2018
Yoko's entarnce was as good as always. xD
Dec 22, 2010 7:53 AM

Jul 2008
Loved almost naked Simoun and Viral dueling it out. =D

&&& YOKO! *_*
Feb 2, 2011 3:21 PM

Aug 2010
YOOOOKOOOOO HNNNNGNGHNGHGNGHGNHGN:SAKalsdlajsda;lksd
Apr 4, 2011 1:55 PM

Jan 2008
- Viral vs. Simon was nice. Lol @ chicken man.
- I don't hate Rossiu as much as I did in the past few episodes but I still thinks he needs to be smacked once.
- Kittan is awesome.
- Yoko!
May 28, 2011 11:04 PM

May 2009
Serg said:
I wonder if that Chicken Beastman is related to Family Guy.

Anyway, great ep =)

when i first saw him i thought of family guy as well!!
Jan 26, 2012 4:04 PM

Jan 2009
YOKO IS BACK YEAA
Feb 26, 2012 8:11 PM

Nov 2011
Yoko is back! FInallyyy!!!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Apr 18, 2012 9:49 PM

Sep 2011
The long awaited return!
May 5, 2012 12:06 AM

Mar 2012
The evacuation reminded me so much of 2012... God, that movie was awful.

The fight between Simon, Viral, and the Family Guy chicken was fun.

And Yoko's back! yay!!! =D
Jul 2, 2012 8:49 PM

Feb 2012
Viral vs Simon was real funny.

OMG, YOKO! And Kittan is actually doing something good now!
Jul 12, 2012 3:02 AM

May 2012
Yoko is one sexy mo' fucker. :3
Aug 29, 2012 5:02 PM

May 2012
Nice episode a bit to much push on the story but still lovely! The ending makes it all worth it YOKO!!!
Sep 29, 2012 12:50 AM

Jun 2011
I don't get all the hate directed at Rossiu. Sure I love the occasional idealistic talk, but his actions aren't self-serving; he's simply ensuring the survival of his kind. There's nothing wrong with that; hell, we're programmed to live above all else. Corner a man, and he'll even kill if that means he gets to live.

Anyway, I love how the line between good/evil turned blurry after the time leap. Looking forward to what Yoko's got up her sleeve.
Feb 18, 2013 7:34 PM

Jan 2013
LOVED Kittan in this episode, glad he was saved. I would have lost it if he died. Also it would be an accurate description to say that my head exploded when Yoko showed up. What an ending!
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Mar 15, 2013 10:39 AM

Nov 2008
skinnyminni914 said:
Serg said:
I wonder if that Chicken Beastman is related to Family Guy.

Anyway, great ep =)

when i first saw him i thought of family guy as well!!

LOLOL

YOKO!
Mar 22, 2013 8:46 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode.
It would take way longer than one year for the Earth to be habitable if the Moon collided into it.
Mar 25, 2013 4:21 AM

Jan 2013
Dissent said:
I don't get all the hate directed at Rossiu. Sure I love the occasional idealistic talk, but his actions aren't self-serving; he's simply ensuring the survival of his kind. There's nothing wrong with that; hell, we're programmed to live above all else. Corner a man, and he'll even kill if that means he gets to live.

Anyway, I love how the line between good/evil turned blurry after the time leap. Looking forward to what Yoko's got up her sleeve.

At least someone understands rossiu's actions.

Yeah what he has been doing so far is messed up but come one look at it from his point of view, it actually hurt him doing that, I'm probably gonna get hated for that. Lol
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Mar 28, 2013 9:15 AM

Aug 2012
Yoko your late !!!!
Apr 27, 2013 9:58 AM

Sep 2009
It was sad to see that Kittan stayed behind, but Yoko appearing in the end balanced that out.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
Jul 6, 2013 6:32 PM

Sep 2010
I think Rossiu is pretty hurt that he had to leave that many people behind. Expressions and body language are worth a thousand words after all~

I hope Kittan don't die I love him then again I always seen him dying a Kamina like death except it would be sadder cause he had more screentime. =/

Yay Yoko is back!
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jul 6, 2013 6:41 PM

Oct 2012
Kittan is such a great character.
Jul 9, 2013 6:06 AM
May 2012
Dissent said:

I agree
Jul 9, 2013 9:04 AM

Sep 2012
Tengai said:
Dissent said:

I agree

yeah, ensure survival of humanity, start off by killing the pilot of the most powerful weapon in the universe. good thinking rossiu.

anyway, this episode made me want to kill that fucker, but kittans speech when retrieving simons core drill soul (very reminiscent of a later scene with kittan, one of my favorite of the series) was amazingly done. how rossiu says he entrusted humanity to [simons core drill] and kittan says he'll just bet tomorrow on it, and states that the fact that staying back is futile is what makes it so good.
love kittan as a character. really wished that he killed rossiu and released simon, coulda solved a lot more things.

giga drill? mech mounted assault cannon? fuck that, shotgun+spiral shells does the job. what a BAMF
Jul 9, 2013 9:09 AM

Jan 2013
Nope.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jul 9, 2013 2:50 PM
May 2012
eldest said:
Tengai said:
Dissent said:

I agree

yeah, ensure survival of humanity, start off by killing the pilot of the most powerful weapon in the universe. good thinking rossiu.

anyway, this episode made me want to kill that fucker, but kittans speech when retrieving simons core drill soul (very reminiscent of a later scene with kittan, one of my favorite of the series) was amazingly done. how rossiu says he entrusted humanity to [simons core drill] and kittan says he'll just bet tomorrow on it, and states that the fact that staying back is futile is what makes it so good.
love kittan as a character. really wished that he killed rossiu and released simon, coulda solved a lot more things.

giga drill? mech mounted assault cannon? fuck that, shotgun+spiral shells does the job. what a BAMF

I'm talking about the hate why so much hate???
Jul 9, 2013 6:25 PM

Sep 2012
Tengai said:
eldest said:
Tengai said:
Dissent said:

I agree

he tries to kill simon in retaliation for the anti spiral enacting the contingency plan against humanity.
simon saved kamina city, the grappearls wouldnt have even killed the 2 that were there, they would have leveled the entire city unopposed.
the citizens were more worried about being reimbursed than surviving, so rossiu decides to kill simon for no good reason
thats why everyone hates him
Jul 11, 2013 10:25 AM
May 2012
eldest said:
Tengai said:
eldest said:
Tengai said:
Dissent said:

I agree

he tries to kill simon in retaliation for the anti spiral enacting the contingency plan against humanity.
simon saved kamina city, the grappearls wouldnt have even killed the 2 that were there, they would have leveled the entire city unopposed.
the citizens were more worried about being reimbursed than surviving, so rossiu decides to kill simon for no good reason
thats why everyone hates him

I know rossiu is acting dumb but still can't hate the guy maybe it's just me.
Jul 11, 2013 2:33 PM

Sep 2012
Tengai said:

I know rossiu is acting dumb but still can't hate the guy maybe it's just me.

the show made even me feel bad for him by the end of the next few eps
Jul 25, 2013 2:58 PM

Jan 2010
i just screeched.
yoko <33333
Sep 24, 2013 2:03 PM
May 2013
I thought Kittan is going to be the next Kamina, although he acted a bit like him.
Yoko is finally back!
I hope Simon will seek revenge, Rossiu needs to pay for his stupidity .
Nov 9, 2013 4:18 PM

Apr 2011
Yes! Enter Yoko. I can see amazing things happening.
Nov 21, 2013 12:43 AM

Apr 2013
Rossiu is an asshole, but he makes some good (and some very poor) decisions.

Yoko returns!
Powerful eyebrows.
Dec 3, 2013 2:42 PM
Feb 2013
As a physicist/astronomer I must laugh at that simulation - someone took 1 year instead of (at least) few million years for Earth's crust to cool down, but hey, their universe might be governed by different laws, since there is no Spiral in the Standard Model as far as I know ;D
But one thing is correct - Nia is right - going to the atmosphere won't help them by any chance :D
kcuf
Dec 22, 2013 7:20 PM

Apr 2012
YOOOKKKKOOOOOO!!!! TKE;SDFLKGKF
ugh rossiu was feeling pretty shitty and he deserves it
little bitch
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2014 7:54 PM
Jul 2018
Kittan is awesome, he's a true member of Team Gurren :D

And YES!!! YOKO COMES TO THE RESCUE!!!
"I don't see you for a while and you go and turn into a boring bitch... Nia." ~ Yoko FTW
Should I use that in my signature? Hmm...
Mar 21, 2014 5:42 AM

Jun 2012
Heh, pretty good episode. Yoko did show up to rescue them after all.

I'm glad they got their old gunmen back, and I really love what Kittan's doing... I knew he'd pull through for Simon. I don't know what the next 7 episodes will bring, but I've got high hopes now.

jobocan said:
Somehow i can't hate Rossiu as much as the last episodes. This time it seems like he understood(or at least started to understand) that there was something wrong with the way he was doing things. He even agreed to give back the core drill so that Kittan could give it back to Simon. I can't really classify him as a "vilain" anymore after seeing this episode honestly. Yeah, i still hate him for how he did things before, but it's nice to see him change.
Pretty much my thoughts on Rossiu. As much as I want to hate him, after this episode it's hard to hate him so much... last episode he just really pissed me off, the way he treated Simon in particular ticked me off. I'm excited now thinking that Simon and the rest of what's left of Team Dai-Gurren are gonna save the day, and then when Rossiu and them return everyone's going to be pissed at Rossiu for leaving them behind, and they'll learn who's their real hero once again.
Mar 30, 2014 2:17 PM
Jul 2018
Well, that does it: Kittan took a level in badass. He's probably gonna have his moments of greatness in a few more episodes.

YOKO'S BACK BABY! WOO YEAH! Seeing her back in action in the next episode is definitely going to be awesome.
Apr 18, 2014 7:01 PM

Oct 2013
YOKKKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO <33333333333
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jun 9, 2014 1:56 PM

Mar 2014
I don't care, I still hate Rossiu.

YOKO <3333 woot woot she's back
Jun 11, 2014 9:09 PM

Aug 2013
About time for Yoko's return!

Awesome episode.
My Candies:
Jun 25, 2014 2:47 PM

Oct 2013
woot i knew she was going ot save the, !!!! hahaha great ep been a wile last 3 were kind of lame
[/quote]
Aug 10, 2014 9:54 AM
Jun 2013
Seeing Rossiu suffer helps his character feel more human. You get to see him die inside when he has to make the tough choices and how he single handedly kills thousands and the guilt he has to live with.Though im still confused about why he had to sentence simon to death. Kittan saying of I know your right but I dont have to like fits the whole situation. The towel fight scene was pretty funny and even second I was praying for them not to drop the towels. Simon still showing how hes basiclly my favorite character. He seems to understand what Rossiu is doing and is very grown up about the whole situation. Im sad Nia is now a villian who just pops to just discourage simon. I would have like to see normal her more before the end of the show since I always felt she was better then yoko. Kinon is still annoying girl.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

accela - Sep 29, 2007

1152 by LinaThePotion »»
Apr 25, 5:01 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Krelian - Apr 25, 2007

204 by Trash_Monkeyy »»
Apr 16, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

windy - Aug 19, 2007

174 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 1, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TheWestExit - Aug 6, 2007

217 by AbyssGundyr »»
Mar 31, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

broaz - Jul 29, 2007

194 by phantom346 »»
Mar 25, 10:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.