Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Nov 29, 2012 3:59 PM

Oct 2011
Very nice episode, I'm glad Chihaya can smile and sing again since she is one of my favourite idols.
Her voice is just too beautiful, it was such a heartwarming moment when she started to sing <3 That moment made such a big impact, one of the best scenes of anime I know :)
RiukixDNov 29, 2012 4:15 PM
Jan 11, 2013 5:13 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, I almost cried. So much feels.

Jan 14, 2013 2:51 PM

Sep 2011
Pretty powerful episode, I must say. One of the best so far. Good character development for both Chihaya and Haruka. Promise was also a really nice song.

That fucking Kuroi. Judging from the preview he is up to something again. I hope he dies in a fucking fire.
I'm happy though that the guys from Jupiter aren't really all that bad. They are starting to know how insane Kuroi really is. I have a feeling they might quit, I hope they do so.
Jan 18, 2013 11:46 PM

Jul 2012
Chihaya isn't really my favorite idol, but this episode is one of the best episodes I've watched. She sang really well in that episode. 5/5
"You don't have to believe in yourself, because I believe in you." - Drax the Destroyer
https://dawnhibiki.carrd.co/

Mirishita ID: L3N93SKX
Discord: DawnHibiki #6454
Jan 29, 2013 9:09 AM
Feb 2009
yep, chihaya isnt my favorite idol either, but this ep is difinitely my favorite ep

and lol everything 961 did made 765 shine even brighter than ever
flame_tiongJan 30, 2013 5:28 AM
oblivious is a bliss
Feb 11, 2013 5:37 AM

Apr 2010
Fvck my emotion T_T

5/5!!!
Apr 10, 2013 8:58 AM

Dec 2011
this episode was absoluty beautiful, god, THAT SONG!!! <3
Jun 16, 2013 8:12 PM

Mar 2011
I must say that song was pretty beast and so far my favourite of the series.
Jul 18, 2013 7:21 PM

Jan 2013
Wow, that was amazing.
Best episode by far.
Even teared up.
5/5
Sep 27, 2013 8:37 PM

Nov 2012
Well shit, every time I have to watch this series I always skip to this episode and see this.

Otakezz said:
One of the best ending songs ive heard in this series, or maybe the best. :D
great ep very emotional
5/5

especially this part, its the best:

That scene...it send chills down my spine as she began to sing.

EDIT: Dammit I cried again ;_;
SeaJaegerSep 27, 2013 8:47 PM

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Nov 23, 2013 6:33 AM

Sep 2013
Looking at all these comments, I almost feel inhuman for not even thinking about the notion of crying during the whole episode. At first I was a tad bit disappointed that they muffled over some details in the episode (how the hell was an 8 year old expected to magically save her brother from the force of a car? This isn't edward cullen bull****...) but then I realized that all of these stories are done in single episodes, so I think they did a great job with the drama.

IMO, the ending could have had much more impact if Chihaya didn't just sing two sentences.

4/5. Gomenasai! Sorry to combo-break again.

PS: I feel slightly annoyed at the fact that the fore-shadowing events before this episode only accomplished the "removal" Chihaya from a scene.
PS.S: Isn't it slightly off-putting to be carrying such a freaking large phone in your pocket? I realize that it was meant to convey her sense of anti-sociality, but... nevermind.
Dec 11, 2013 11:12 AM

Jun 2011
Those unnaturally large tears at the end were very distracting.
Dec 11, 2013 7:46 PM

Jun 2013
Loved it

Jan 10, 2014 8:49 PM

Jul 2013
Damn amazing episode, Chihaya is the spotlight in this. Those moments of her brother in an accident... pretty hard for her. But Haruka manage to cheer her up on the feelings of smiling and her brother. That was a beautiful song at the end for Chihaya.

Mar 2, 2014 8:51 PM

Dec 2012
I don't think any words of praise can do this episode or the emotions I felt watching this justice. I don't exactly have nerves of steel, but usually anime only makes my eyes water up at best. This is the first time in at least 5 months that I've actually felt tears flowing down my face and unable to say a word without giving in completely and bawling.

This was more than just a tearjerker. Chihaya had only continued singing as a means of atonement because she felt guilty for Yuu's death. She wasn't putting her heart and soul into it before, and it was her duty instead of her dream. Being faced with everything on stage, however, and seeing how she was supported by the others, she finally was able to shine and put her heart into melody for the first time since she sang for her brother. Maybe even more so than ever before. The moment Chihaya began to sing was just so incredible, I could feel her raw emotions being put into it, both her body and soul were speaking volumes through that moment.

Also a shout-out to Haruka, she's always been by Chihaya's side throughout this series and played a fundamental role in bringing Chihaya back. I think no one else would have been able to do it, and when she rushed on stage for Chihaya just proves that she's the one who's been looking out for Chihaya the most.

A truly masterful episode, I just wish I hadn't been given expectations of an emotional episode beforehand. I'm sure it would have left an even greater impact then. Still, beautiful nevertheless.
ZekkenshinMar 2, 2014 9:00 PM
Mar 16, 2014 6:02 PM

May 2012
Oh damn this episode was touching! The depressive atmosphere with that lovely ending was just amazing! Didn't thought this show would contain such a part but man was it good!
Mar 29, 2014 3:07 AM

Aug 2013
Wow amazing episode O__O Definitely my favorite so far.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 18, 2014 2:22 AM

Oct 2012
I just come back from feels trip T_T
ED.. That was just... so touching

Chihaya!! I'll look forward for you new "smiles" :)
"Signature removed"
Apr 18, 2014 7:09 AM

Feb 2012
Chihaharu is too good. It was quite touching, but where are my decent scenarious for Matoko x Yuki and Yayoi x Iorin?
May 25, 2014 9:52 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
That was a dirty low blow by 961, and Jupiter's group doesn't look happy that they are crushing 765 with cheap and dirty actions. They have every right to get mad at the manager of 961.

I feel for Chihaya. She's been living her life with regrets and amazes me how she has an amazing voice.The song at the was very beautiful, imo best song thus far.

Jun 25, 2014 8:50 AM
Feb 2013
Wow.
Amazing episode. That build up and that climax. No words.
Haruka is really lovely and loli Chihaya was cute.

Loved the song. My favorite so far.
And Chihaya…The animation when she started singing was divine. I wish it would had lasted longer.
And that voice… what a voice… just wonderful. The tears flowed out so naturally.

The ED sequence was beautiful too.
Jul 3, 2014 11:25 PM

Oct 2012
Easily my favorite episode so far, with the feeling built up and the past added in, I felt a huge surge of emotion during Chihaya's singing moment~
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jul 7, 2014 12:44 PM
Mar 2013
This episode was a great change of pace. I was always curious about Chihaya’s past because it looked like something was always troubling her.

Her brother’s picture book and all the support she had from her friends was really awesome. She’s pretty lucky to have friends like that.

I’m happy to see Chihaya geniunely smile

Let’s hope she shows us more emotion like this from now on xD
Sep 2, 2014 2:56 AM

Nov 2012
Woohoo this was an outstanding performance! I wished it was longer.
Oct 4, 2014 8:57 PM

May 2013
Love it, I'm glad I picked up this series again. I saw the scene with Chihaya singing before starting it for the first time, and honestly I could feel the sentimental value even though I had no clue of the characters or story. I dropped the series because I couldn't get through the first few episodes at first, but now not only did I get to see this fantastic episode again, I've come to be a fan. I'm not at the end yet, but I can confidently say that this is my favorite episode.
Oct 27, 2014 12:41 PM

Jul 2014
DarkWolfHunter said:
Love it, I'm glad I picked up this series again. I saw the scene with Chihaya singing before starting it for the first time, and honestly I could feel the sentimental value even though I had no clue of the characters or story. I dropped the series because I couldn't get through the first few episodes at first, but now not only did I get to see this fantastic episode again, I've come to be a fan. I'm not at the end yet, but I can confidently say that this is my favorite episode.

Am I doing something wrong? I can't seem to get into the Series at all. I can't seem to watch episode 2. How should I view this Series!?(This is a guy who watches stuff like DBZ/One Piece/Bleach/Attack On Titan but wanna try something new) Advice would be helpful cause I only watched the first one but stopped but that was 2 months ago!!! HELP!!!!!
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Oct 30, 2014 10:23 AM

Aug 2008
TheHatredDMC said:
DarkWolfHunter said:

Am I doing something wrong? I can't seem to get into the Series at all. I can't seem to watch episode 2. How should I view this Series!?(This is a guy who watches stuff like DBZ/One Piece/Bleach/Attack On Titan but wanna try something new) Advice would be helpful cause I only watched the first one but stopped but that was 2 months ago!!! HELP!!!!!
maybe you just aren't cut out for the idol life. It's okay.
Nov 27, 2014 6:24 PM

Jul 2013
depressing at first then it got nice in the end. liked the music
Jan 15, 2015 6:46 AM

Nov 2011
Exciting episode, the narrative has managed to make me shed a few tears, not bad this fragment of life Chihaya, but should deepen still much of the protagonists.
Too bad that the drawings are not up to such splendor, too ugly at times.
Very nice new ending.
Mar 1, 2015 4:54 AM

Feb 2014
Never thought I would cry to a show called IdolMaster
Mar 16, 2015 1:13 AM
Jan 2012
And so the feels were had... I regret nothing.
Jul 30, 2015 1:38 PM
Mar 2014
damn, I haven't cried like that since the climax of K-On.
Aug 5, 2015 7:23 AM

Jun 2014
This is how you do good drama, but sadly this episode is the only good thing about Panderm@ster.
Oct 3, 2015 1:00 PM

Sep 2014
5/5 Best Episode so far
I almost cried In the end when Chihaya started singing
She is so lucky to have a friend like Haruka.
Chihaya undoubtedly is one of the best idols in 765 Pro.
And she's my Favourite as well.
Jan 4, 2016 12:22 AM

May 2012
not gonna lie... cried like a bitch :P
Apr 6, 2016 11:49 AM

Mar 2015
I cried a little, just a little tho! really!! o damn..
May 1, 2016 2:26 AM

Jun 2015
T hat was an emotional episode. Best one so far.
:)
Jun 30, 2016 10:41 AM

Sep 2014
This episode makes me remember that i just a big old softie =/
A life is a history with no end...it continues to be told by others endless.
We do not own lives, we own histories!
Sep 29, 2016 1:45 PM

May 2010
Okay. Kuroi can go drop himself in the pits of the hottest fire and burn. Seriously. What the hell. So what if she couldnt save her brother from accident. It was envitable. Besides, she was 8 for Gods sake. You cant blame her at all. Heck even if she was 40, you couldnt blame her. You simply got no right. In the first place, its her brother that died, why do you even care. Pathetic.
Its funny how Kurois beyond ridiculous antics only ends up increasing 765s popularity. Like damn you.
Very nice episode. A bit overdone at times but I really like Harukas role in it. Glad Chihaya was able to move on.
Nov 13, 2016 5:21 PM

Sep 2013
Phew...that was pretty heavy!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Apr 14, 2017 8:32 PM

Dec 2014
I got goosebumps lol. Everyone can have their own opinion but if you think Chihaya isn't best girl you're wrong.
Jun 16, 2017 10:35 AM

Sep 2015
Well this was absolutely the best episode of the series so far. The drama of Chihaya's dead bro was a little overdone honestly. But it was really well set up, going back to like Episode 4. And it was damned effective. There were multiple scenes from this episode that almost had me turning on the waterworks. And I really did not expect that starting this show. Chihaya's such a compelling character, with I daresay a bit of nuance. Her attempts to push Haruka away were so sad. And the ending was so gratifying. The lyrics were a bit hamfisted (it's an idol song) but it also worked really well. For me at least. My one complaint thought. And this has been a long time coming. For a show about idols...WHY CAN THEY NOT BE BOTHERED TO EVEN ATTEMPT TO ANIMATE THEIR LIPS MOVING TO THE SONGS?? A fantastic episode, a show that's exceeded my expectations. But still it had to be said.
Sep 6, 2017 8:53 AM

Jun 2016
My favorite episode of this anime. Chihaya is my favorite character and the last scene made me so emotional.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Sep 8, 2017 12:00 AM

Jul 2015
Today was a day of manly tears, Chihaya's sad backstory was mentioned a good number of times before and we finally got to see what happened and how much it affected her, when she finally recovered her voice and she saw her young self with her brother, oh boy that hit me, stay strong Chihaya!

Really strong Haruka episode as well, Chihaya's recovery was in a big part thanks to her, well done!
Jan 9, 2018 10:59 AM

Sep 2009
I appreciated the emotional payoff and also how Haruka was involved in the process. We saw via previous moments that they were together a lot so it made total sense that she would be important. However, I think there was actually too much buildup to this episode (not to say that Chihaya's problem was trifling) to give it that much of an effect especially since it overshadowed the previous episode, ramping it up to too great a height. That's unfortunate since otherwise this would definitely be the best episode.
Kikoman589Jan 13, 2018 2:18 PM
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
Feb 23, 2018 6:48 AM

Jun 2016
This episode outlined some problems in im@s quite clearly. One episode specific one was this awful tone shift. Seriously, everything in Idol Master has been wholesome, simple problems solved quickly. The non wholesome stuff has been villains so cheesy and one dimensional they're laughable. Then, with a little foreshadowing for the past 10 episodes, it changed from this to tragic and miserable atmosphere that you could cut with a knife. It wasn't a horrible portrayal but the distinct shift in everything that made Idol Master what it is to this point made this seem melodramatic even. If the anime wanted to portray the more serious sides of the idols and their tragic pasts I think we should have seen more of that then slight foreshadowing. It was only recently that we even saw the idols in a form past their wholesome and quirky caricatures. The tone should have been more serious before this even in small bursts while exploring the characters in moments of doubt or struggle. Currently Chihaya almost doesn't feel like she belongs in this universe.

This leads to my second problem, the problem of having such an episodic show. Each mini-arc for a girl has been restricted to one episode. Whether its a gimmicky and comedic journey where Azusa is mistaken as the wrong girl and kidnapped, or if its the tragic backstory and intense development that will forever change Chihaya. This mini-arc of Chihaya's should have definitely been done slowly throughout the episodes to here rather than through clear as day but brief foreshadowing, and exploring her past and teaching her to look past it should have been more than one episode. It's absurd that something as silly as the Ami and Mami detective show and this episode are the same length. If we had viewed the idols in a more serious light and developed them through multiple ongoing stories throughout the episodes more would have been able to be done, and problems like these wouldn't occur.

That being said I still enjoyed this episode for what it was, very much actually. It was the one which made me the most emotional as I nearly cried. Chihaya and Amami shined brightly. Amami being reaffirmed she's a beautiful source of happiness and optimism and that she shouldn't be ashamed of it no matter what Chihaya says, and Chihaya realizing she was focusing her singing in the wrong place were heart warming places to go. Especially the fact that Chihaya was so stuck up on singing for her brother that she missed the fact that her brother wanted her to sing because it made her happy. The moment where all the idols came out on stage to comfort her is where I teared up so much. I suppose Chihaya will smile a lot more now that she's not going to be chained down by her misunderstood past.

Seeing Jupiter fight back made me happy, this battle with the evil producer may come to an end soon. At least we won't get those misunderstanding scenes anymore.
Apr 12, 2020 10:49 AM

Jul 2017
people who write these sort of articles and the paparazzi behind them and shit r a bunch of pathetic fucking losers.

and people who actual care or even pay attention do these shits r just as bad.
Jun 20, 2020 6:20 AM

May 2018
Thank you for smile~
Thank you for love~
Awesome episode
Dec 7, 2020 8:22 AM

Mar 2016
Even as someone who has grown more critical with entertainment in general nowadays, this was one of the most emotionally powerful moments in anime I've ever watched, and part of the major reasons why I'm still with high faith in the anime medium compared to other forms of entertainment. Such an emotionally chilling yet satisfying moment, especially when Chihaya was able to break free and regain her ability to sing (no lies, I actualy got a bit teary-eyed watching that part). While the setup wasn't something necessarily complex, the execution was nailed down too well (even if it means driving me insane with the continued underhanded foolery of 961 Productions). While of course all the obstacles before the group haven't been taken care of, it's segments like these that give each and every one of the main cast their own character realization and a reassuring sense of optimism for their respective future.

RyuseishunDec 7, 2020 8:47 AM
Aug 6, 2021 3:24 PM

May 2012
frequency15k said:
not gonna lie... cried like a bitch :P

almost 6 years later and i still cried like a bitch, nice lol
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ousto - Aug 4, 2011

68 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 30, 7:12 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ousto - Jul 28, 2011

81 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 30, 7:01 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ousto - Jul 21, 2011

83 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 23, 6:55 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hoppy - Jul 14, 2011

93 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 22, 9:33 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hoppy - Jul 7, 2011

192 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 19, 9:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.