Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 9, 2014 8:17 PM

Jan 2014
Just finished the series and I got to say. This has to be one of my favorite anime's of all time. The way that everything was connected somehow was brilliant. The character's were fantastic. I quite liked the ending how else would Kei go out if not like a badass 10/10
Apr 22, 2014 7:47 PM

Dec 2013
I just finished and all I can say is "huh?". Honestly I'm sort of lost as to what happened at the end. Gantz disappears and Kei is not on the tracks. I'm lost as to what happened but I would say this series was a surprise to me. It was great except for the characters which I wanted to smack half the time. Since people are saying to read the manga I'm considering it but 384 chapters is a big stretch for me. I may but is it worth it?
Examining one series under the magnifying glass at a time.
Apr 22, 2014 7:53 PM

Oct 2006
Mr_Ambivalence said:
I just finished and all I can say is "huh?". Honestly I'm sort of lost as to what happened at the end. Gantz disappears and Kei is not on the tracks. I'm lost as to what happened but I would say this series was a surprise to me. It was great except for the characters which I wanted to smack half the time. Since people are saying to read the manga I'm considering it but 384 chapters is a big stretch for me. I may but is it worth it?

I'm pretty far from up to date on the manga but from what i have read it's definitely worth it.
Jun 28, 2014 10:09 AM

Jun 2009
Man, this ending. At least Kurono beat Gantzat his "game".

Where did he send the kid? Where did the aliens go?

Did he die in the anime?
Jul 10, 2014 11:43 PM

Oct 2013
Man what a trainwreck. I don't know what has a crappier ending, the anime or the manga. I'm just so glad I got this shitty adaptation over with.
Jul 13, 2014 12:15 AM

Jun 2009
I guess the anime didn't quite reached the popularity they were aiming for so they had to divert everything and just end it.
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jul 28, 2014 9:03 PM

Jun 2014
I was about to give it a 6, but then the beginning of this episode went all melodramatic; then that ending... um wtf? ya so this gets 5/10 (one more than season1)
Nov 21, 2014 1:38 PM

Jul 2013
All lets go and read the manga.... eh so many not finished stories what i think do really start reading manga ( i would like it just the problem is i am slow reader)
Sep 10, 2015 3:11 PM

Aug 2014
The thing i liked about this series was the overall commentary on human nature.
Like Mr. Furuta trying to solve conflict without violence even to the very end...
and also Hajime for a split second you kind of feel bad for him(given his age as well) but then you realize he has no remorse for the people he has killed or sees anything wrong with it and when he connects it to the conflicts going in Palestine and the middle east you kinda go "oh.. well he does have a point" although i think it could of been written into the plot a bit more fluidly(kinda had a awkward highschool philosophy element to it but iam sure it was done on purpose due to the age of the characters in the scene) i liked the fact it got me to think about what is the difference between those conflicts, the orders gantz sends out and what kajime is doing....

the ending is terrible though, maybe it was too abstract for me to grasp? 7/10 from me
"Whatever happens, happens."

Sep 10, 2015 3:58 PM

Sep 2014
lilblackfawn said:
Like Mr. Furuta trying to solve conflict without violence even to the very end...
and also Hajime for a split second you kind of feel bad for him(given his age as well) but then you realize he has no remorse for the people he has killed or sees anything wrong with it and when he connects it to the conflicts going in Palestine and the middle east you kinda go "oh.. well he does have a point" although i think it could of been written into the plot a bit more fluidly(kinda had a awkward highschool philosophy element to it but iam sure it was done on purpose due to the age of the characters in the scene) i liked the fact it got me to think about what is the difference between those conflicts, the orders gantz sends out and what kajime is doing....

the ending is terrible though, maybe it was too abstract for me to grasp? 7/10 from me
just an FYI the entire last game and ending was filler. the manga goes far far longer. the real 4th game Kei had to face a squad of aliens solo
Sep 12, 2015 9:44 PM

Aug 2014
Maloghurst said:
lilblackfawn said:

just an FYI the entire last game and ending was filler. the manga goes far far longer. the real 4th game Kei had to face a squad of aliens solo

looks like ill actually have to read the manga, i usually by-pass that step lol
"Whatever happens, happens."

Sep 12, 2015 10:09 PM
Oct 2012
The ends Left me HUGE hole.
That's why i guess reading manga is the only solution
Jan 16, 2016 10:23 AM

Nov 2015
I think people are looking too much into just the end of the anime. You have to look at it from the idea of the series as a whole.

Kei started out as a character who was a high school kid who did not care about anyone else other than himself (thus just putting down everyone else down in his mind). However over time as he saw more and more horrendous acts and deaths happening right in front of him, it changes his character into a more caring person by the end of it. This shows that at the end of the last episode he was trying to save Mika as well as telling Hajima that even though he hated his guts, he still wanted to try to get everyone home showing a caring heart which probably would not have happened with the kind of character Kei was at the beginning of the series where all he cared about was himself and trying to have his "way" with Kishimoto.

My theory with the final scenes at the train station to show there are good in people who can change and do good for others without having to be forced to do it (such as what happened at the beginning with Kato practically forcing Kei to save the homeless guy at the train station). Kei was proving to Gantz that even though there's evil in the world, there can also be good to come out as well. Through this act, I believe that is what "earned" him the freedom that was mentioned throughout the series with the "point system" because if you watch the last scene after the credits, the train goes by and there is nothing there... not even blood that would have been splattered all over the walls if it had really hit Kei and Mika. Overall a good ending to bring some closure to an anime series that did not get anymore seasons.

These are just thoughts and theories. My belief is that an ending isn't a stand alone scene but the bow that wraps the whole series together :) it can either be wrapped up nicely or it could have holes in it that make it look incomplete or enjoyable. With that being said, to the people out there who think it was bad, do you think it was bad because it wasn't what you wanted or were you unimpressed due to aspects of the show that could have been answered in a better way? Nobody's opinion is wrong but I am curious to see why others believe what they believe :)
Feb 1, 2016 11:17 PM

Sep 2012
terrible ending. It doesn't tell us what happens next
Feb 3, 2016 9:50 AM

Aug 2013
Did we really need 10 more minutes of yelling between Kei and the kid.

I would've been happy if Kei just shot him and that was it. He goes back and waits until Gantz summons him again. The end.

5/10
Apr 27, 2016 5:09 PM

Dec 2010
I used to dislike the ending but after witnessing ending of manga... Wow this is much better than.

Don`t get me wrong, unstill last arc manga was amazing and instant 10/10 material for me, but then. Single word: katastrophe.
Jun 1, 2016 4:25 AM

Jan 2015
what an ending, i heard about a movie, maybe i have to read the manga :3
Sep 10, 2016 11:58 AM

Apr 2009
Vuyo said:
Gantz Brotherhood?

Nope. Gantz: After Story
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2016 12:41 PM
Mar 2015
Can someone explain this crappy ending to me?
Dec 18, 2016 9:11 PM

Jul 2014
End was ASS.

Rest of series was entertaining and unique, even though the standing around not shooting was so fuckin annoying and it had some glaring plot holes.

7/10
Jan 28, 2017 7:07 AM

Jan 2017
The ending was truly disappointing but not if you look at it from a philosophical view. Gantz was giving everyone a second chance at life and this was KEI proving all humans deserve that chance
Sep 9, 2017 5:04 AM

Jan 2010
Welp, ending was crap. Still better than first season for me. Action in first half of this season was great. 7/10

Picked up manga right after watching these and it's much better so far.
Oct 15, 2017 11:45 PM

Jun 2013
Mika claims she fought back by momentarily strangling him but she still lost. I guess A for effort.

Muroto is such an annoying antagonist. I don't know why Kurono didn't just blast his head off. He talks too fucking much.

Why did Kurono even jump onto the tracks? Jesus Christ. Also that old lady was used too much in the anime even though she had a small role of asking for directions in the manga and that's it.

The first season was better than this to be honest and the first half of the second season. The last leg was terrible as fuck. Annoying characters and everything. I am hoping they will remake it and include all the cool arc like the Osaka arc. One could only hope. The animation, BGM, etc. were average and were, most of the time, a complete disappointment.

Disgusting last leg of the Anime, terrible plot. Stick to the manga.
臭い-
Jan 3, 2018 6:09 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
That's the end of Gantz's twisted game! I'm gonna guess everyone has been released from that virtual prison/real life hostage to heaven. WHAT A MOVING ENDING !!!!!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jan 3, 2018 6:29 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
OKKK so no one understands the ending, it's so basic!

The ending with Kurono transported to the train station, is Gantz still trying to fuck with Kurono. Kurono bang! at the train shows that the world still has good people (Nozaki, Furuta, Mika, Kato, etc.), he is never on his own, that even if he dies again by the train, he will never lose to Gantz, he will not run anymore, and he can conclude his life was worth living. The Black Ball disappearing indicates Gantz was defeated, Kurono has beaten him, his game of playing with human life is over, and that everyone who died has been released from his database, and Kurono himself, they've all moved on to heaven, finally free.

You all gotto remember, Nishi said before that they were all dead already and that there were something out of a Fax machine, well that Fax machine is Gantz All their human information was stored and copied from Gantz and made to play his game.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Aug 18, 2018 6:20 AM

May 2016
Shitiest show I have ever watched first time giving 3/10
Oct 19, 2018 8:18 AM

Jun 2015
I mean damn, y'all should just go read the manga. Even if you're not a manga person, if you enjoyed this show even a little at any moment in time, then please marathon the manga. It's worth reading.
'Life is full of ups and downs, trials and tribulations, successes and disappointments. Think positive always and never allow disappointments drag you down. Hell! Disappoint anyone and everyone, but never and I repeat, NEVER disappoint yourself'.
Nov 27, 2018 8:50 AM

Aug 2016
ahhaaahhahahha I remember watching las episode years ago and getting this nonsense absurd final episode.
:v
Jan 16, 2019 5:34 PM
Oct 2016
The ending is so fucked up.....
Feb 15, 2019 5:57 AM
Feb 2018
I really enjoyed watching this anime, i’ll give it straight 10/10. The ending seem a bit rush but what suck the most is everyone dies! -___-
RIP to hojo & sadayo (I wish sadayo had more screen time, they look cute together.) and RIP to Kishimoto & sei & Mika of course :(.
Oct 25, 2019 11:53 AM
Jan 2017
wait what.. the ending just like that?..
I dont understand what happened here..
Kurono Was Crashed by train before he disappear and gantz disappear too.. look like not one of them who win..
very bad ending if you ask me..
4/10
Nov 15, 2019 11:21 AM

Sep 2019
The ending doesn't seem right. It's like they didn't find a good way to finish this. Guess manga is my only option. The total series is 8.
Aug 15, 2020 4:16 AM

Jan 2016
I liked this season more than season 1.

The ending is open but still we probably know what happened, I mean at the end they showed how the train continued moving without any obstacles so that means that Kei and Mika got away, too bad Mika was pronounced dead by Gantz.

I wish with how famous is the manga in Japan that they would make a remaster of the series and follow the manga.

Dec 24, 2020 8:29 PM
Jun 2019
Hot take: I really loved this ending. nowhere near as good as how the manga became but very original and unique.
Mar 11, 2022 7:18 AM

Feb 2014
Welp, gotta agree with those who didn't like this ending at all.
Sep 29, 2022 8:57 AM

Nov 2013
THat's the ending? I feel scammed
You all need to watch Nami.

Oct 7, 2022 8:04 AM

Aug 2022
Very bad, makes no sense.
Everybody should do themselves a favor, skip the anime and just read the manga.
Jun 16, 2023 7:15 PM
Dec 2015
It's finally over
Sep 5, 2023 6:31 PM

Nov 2010
Can I have Mika's beautiful corpse? I want to eat her and make her a part of me forever!
I like how the show included the unjustifiable killings by the USA in Iraq during those times.

That ending was lame. I really wanted to give this show a higher score since I love the tragedy that happened in the temple. I like the feeling I get from seeing my beloved characters die.

Sep 17, 2023 3:38 AM

Jul 2021
What was that ending. Did he die orrr? At least Gantz is over?

Feb 11, 12:31 AM

Jan 2020
Legend has it that Kurono is still fighting against the train....
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gantz - Second Stage Episode 12 Discussion

Fentastic - Dec 8, 2008

29 by Randomega »»
Feb 11, 12:01 AM

Poll: » Gantz - Second Stage Episode 11 Discussion

Fentastic - Dec 8, 2008

29 by Randomega »»
Feb 10, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Gantz - Second Stage Episode 10 Discussion

Fentastic - Dec 8, 2008

26 by Randomega »»
Feb 10, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Gantz - Second Stage Episode 9 Discussion

Fentastic - Dec 8, 2008

41 by Randomega »»
Feb 10, 10:04 AM

Poll: » Gantz - Second Stage Episode 8 Discussion

Fentastic - Dec 8, 2008

46 by Randomega »»
Feb 10, 9:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.